• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 ritawise

ritawise

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:32 PM

I wanted to make a donation to AGO after the Sunday morning service. Is there a way to make one now?.  Also some non profit organizations take donation by text.  This might be a great way to take offerings at the majors

• Haroldlom likes this

#2 Karl Brinkhoff

Karl Brinkhoff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationCleveland,Ohio

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:26 PM

If anything I say is incorrect someone please correct me. Its my understanding that Orrin and Chris gave up their royalties for their book "Launching A Leadership Revolution" and their share is directed and donated to AGO. So, by purchasing that book is a donation. PLUS, again correct me if I'm wrong, but with a purchase of any AGO product, the profits go to AGO. If anyone can elaborate on this please do so.

#3 Life Forum Admin

Life Forum Admin

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 89 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:38 AM

I wanted to make a donation to AGO after the Sunday morning service. Is there a way to make one now?.  Also some non profit organizations take donation by text.  This might be a great way to take offerings at the majors

You can make a donation at www.allgraceoutreach.com.

#4 Donna

Donna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationDecatur, IL

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:00 AM

This convention was the second consecutive major in which the AGO collection basket never reached us. We weren't sitting all that high up. We never even saw a basket or usher in our section.

Perhaps you might consider putting ushers and collection stations in the concourse, just outside the arena entrances. Since many people exit the arena at the end of the service for lunch and restroom use, they would be able to make the donation. Also, if the announcement is made from stage, everyone will know where to go. Let us come to the collectors, not vice versa. Just a thought.

LOVED THE MAJOR!!!
Donna Adcock<p>He who has the Son has life...

#5 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:10 AM

If anything I say is incorrect someone please correct me. Its my understanding that Orrin and Chris gave up their royalties for their book "Launching A Leadership Revolution" and their share is directed and donated to AGO. So, by purchasing that book is a donation. PLUS, again correct me if I'm wrong, but with a purchase of any AGO product, the profits go to AGO. If anyone can elaborate on this please do so.

Yes, those are both correct.

CB

• CJ Calvert, Karl Brinkhoff and Marc Page like this

#6 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:11 AM

This convention was the second consecutive major in which the AGO collection basket never reached us. We weren't sitting all that high up. We never even saw a basket or usher in our section.

Perhaps you might consider putting ushers and collection stations in the concourse, just outside the arena entrances. Since many people exit the arena at the end of the service for lunch and restroom use, they would be able to make the donation. Also, if the announcement is made from stage, everyone will know where to go. Let us come to the collectors, not vice versa. Just a thought.

LOVED THE MAJOR!!!

We are very sorry about this.  We were attempting to fix this problem with more ushers, but apparently we still need more, and also to do something like you suggest.  We'll improve.

thx

CB

• Adam & Teesa Rossman and Ammon Nelson like this

#7 mistydawn128

mistydawn128

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:01 PM

I didn't even realize anything for collections was ever passed around.  They don't do that at my church so it didn't even cross my mind that one might be!  The announcement would be a great idea :)  

#8 John & Iantha

John & Iantha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationSt Catharines, Ontario, Canada

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:06 PM

Has anyone looked into creating a Canadian AGO charity so that we would have a tax receipt for our donations.

#9 Teambosma

Teambosma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 02:22 PM

How can we make a % of our income donation to AGO? I heard a while back that was an option...however I have not seen it yet.

Thanks for the help,

Kerri

• Haroldlom likes this

#10 Rob Hallstrand

Rob Hallstrand

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:11 PM

How can we make a % of our income donation to AGO? I heard a while back that was an option...however I have not seen it yet.

Thanks for the help,

Kerri

Kerri,

Sorry for the delay on this, but we will have this option ready in the next few days and will post an announcement on the LIFE Leadership website.

Rob

• Teambosma and Marc Page like this

Rob Hallstrand

President and Chief Operating Officer

LIFE Leadership

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: major, AGO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users