• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sheila.fleming

sheila.fleming

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 11:22 PM

I am high school teacher and in many ways our school gives and serves our city and the people who live here, wealthy, middle class or homeless. Now as a business owner through Life Leadership  I have the vision to set time aside 3-4 times a year and give back to our cities where our teams are forming.  What are peoples thoughts about this and is this being done by others around  other places?  My thoughts are not associated with promos, although they could possibly be, but rather to take time to serve at local out of the cold soup kitchens on a Friday evening, or to contribute to or sponsor a charitable event as a group and/or as individuals.  These are two ideas that keep coming up that I've been having.  If feel that this is a good way for people to know us first and then inspire them to do business with us or improve individually.

• yaya, robertw and Anthonys like this

#2 yaya

yaya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationAdams ny

Posted 02 December 2014 - 08:58 PM

As a teacher what do you think about doing a meeting for a career day at school? I have toyed with a plan and articles, and financial fitness quotes. Magazine clippings, accolades of the founders and mentors and teaching another way, do you think it would be well received? With 5 children in the school system and 2 exchange students I know the principal and counselors and administrators well.

• robertw likes this

I believe
If I Look hard enough
I will see
That there can be enough
And I believe
I can think clear enough,
To conceive
A place where there's enough( M.E.)

#3 mistydawn128

mistydawn128

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 11:35 PM

We haven't done that often... but did habitat for humanity together once :)  Enjoyed it and would love to do something like that again!  Haven't made it a priority yet, but should do more.  Definitely will increase that as I can get rid of my job.  I teach as well, 9th grade.  Usually average out about 11-12 hours each day so it would be awesome to decrease that a bit.  

• Brandonperry, Marc Page, yaya and 1 other like this

#4 CJ Calvert

CJ Calvert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:08 AM

Hey Sheila, I love your giving spirit!  I think you'll find that every team and every leader operates a little differently, so perhaps a good place to start is to ask your upline Coordinator what sort of charities in your area might be a fit for what you're describing.  As well, think about your own passion to serve.  I would imagine a few charities are personally special to you.  Start there!  Since you are the one getting the ball rolling, start with what you love!

• robertw likes this

Choose to live an exceptional LIFE!  Phillippians 4:8

#5 Adam & Teesa Rossman

Adam & Teesa Rossman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationRockford, IL

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:51 PM

Wow!  Coming back to this topic less than a year later and we now have LIFE on LIFE.  How cool is that.  Love to see people's visions becoming a reality.  Let's serve our communities and show them what LIFE is really all about.  :)

• CathyRedden and robertw like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users