10 replies to this topic

#1 James Thompson

James Thompson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 17 October 2014 - 01:47 PM

What more can Life Leadership do to target the needs of the Youth (12-17)?

• Edge workshops that engage our children in helping them develop skills (public speaking, financial, communication, leadership, etc.), educate them on the Constitution and our founding principles, and prepare them to lead when they can legally get involved with this business
  • If our kids were attending seminars and listening to cd's and reading books like we are and were inviting their friends to do the same don't you think the parents of these kids would be curious and maybe even interested in joining Life Leadership? That would be a great way to expand this business
  • Encourage some of these kids help conduct the workshops/trainings
  • Give them an incentive to share this content with their friends (scholarships, trips, etc)

Thoughts?

• smiesmom, Ammon Nelson, Sonya Withrow and 4 others like this

#2 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:41 AM

• Edge workshops that engage our children in helping them develop skills (public speaking, financial, communication, leadership, etc.), educate them on the Constitution and our founding principles, and prepare them to lead when they can legally get involved with this business
  • If our kids were attending seminars and listening to cd's and reading books like we are and were inviting their friends to do the same don't you think the parents of these kids would be curious and maybe even interested in joining Life Leadership? That would be a great way to expand this business
  • Give them an incentive to share this content with their friends (scholarships, trips, etc)

Thoughts?

Yes, this is something that is in the works.

CB

• smiesmom, Tom Hinds, Roosevelt Jean-Francois and 13 others like this

#3 James Thompson

James Thompson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:50 AM

Awesome! That's fired up!

#4 Adam & Teesa Rossman

Adam & Teesa Rossman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationRockford, IL

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:30 PM

On this note, I just received my copy of Financial Fitness for Teens!  Very exciting.  I was wondering, will there be a partner workbook for this book in the near future?

Thanks for everything!

• Ammon Nelson likes this

#5 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:05 PM

On this note, I just received my copy of Financial Fitness for Teens!  Very exciting.  I was wondering, will there be a partner workbook for this book in the near future?

Thanks for everything!

It's not in the plans yet, as we will have to wait and see how the book does in the marketplace first.

CB

• Marc Page, Ammon Nelson and Tagel like this

#6 Sonya Withrow

Sonya Withrow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 29 October 2014 - 03:13 AM

It's not in the plans yet, as we will have to wait and see how the book does in the marketplace first.

CB

Yes, this is something that is in the works.

I couldn't agree more with working towards more ways to engage our youth and young adults.  My day job is working with youth and young adults through the Workforce Investment Act of 1998.  It is a hand up program for 14-21 year olds and next year when the legislation is reauthorized from ages 12-23 it will have a huge focus on youth and young adults with it's funding.  

What if there was an EDGE Radio?  What if there was and EDGE Video Station and record the interviews? What if there was a separate blog/website for highlighting all the leaders we interview linking back to there "STORY"  Their Journey, Their Struggle, Their Victory.   What if they could buy and download the Edge Series in mp3?format.  

• p&gzills, Marc Page, Ammon Nelson and 4 others like this

My personal best.  I am blessed.

Sonya Withrow

Make Life Better Today

timpwithrow@gmail.com

@ibeeliving

inspiredbyorrinthumbnail-e1392373034768.

#7 J-me

J-me

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 07:21 PM

I like the idea of an Edge Video Station! Or even some Edge DVDs! I am talking with a few schools that said they would be more interested in the Edge series if it was more then just audios! Could we video the interviews and give that as an option? Maybe like the LLR corporate only for schools and colleges! Coaches could use it in their training. What better way to encourage kids then for them to see and hear professionals tell their story of dream, struggle, victory!

• p&gzills, Ammon Nelson, mary haislip and 1 other like this

#8 CJ Calvert

CJ Calvert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted 03 January 2015 - 09:37 AM

Thoughts?

James, I love your thinking.  The EDGE Series is something that I wish I had access to when I was a youth.  So proud to be a part of LIFE Leadership!

• smiesmom, p&gzills, Ammon Nelson and 1 other like this

Choose to live an exceptional LIFE!  Phillippians 4:8

#9 smiesmom

smiesmom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:44 AM

This would be a great idea!  My son is constantly promoting these materials to his friends and his teachers at school.

• Ammon Nelson likes this

#10 John & Iantha

John & Iantha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationSt Catharines, Ontario, Canada

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:01 PM

We love the new "On the Edge" set by Chris Swanson.  We would love to see more Edge specific items released.

• Ammon Nelson and kpfrancisPACIFIC like this

#11 Chad Palmer

Chad Palmer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:59 PM

Just listened to edge cd with Chris Brady interviewing Danny White former quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys who is still married after 43 years now that's a true legacy. Can't wait for the Children's Leadership Library Woo Hoo!
  • Marc Page likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Edge, Seminars, Workshops

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users