Photo

Suggest a book that could go in the system.

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 G-A

G-A

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationGatineau

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:56 PM

I don't think we have such a topic started.

I think it would be awesome to be able to suggest a book that ain't in the system that really helped us grow that others could benefit from.

I am a melancoly and I have had some issues with depression. The book: Mind over mood, 'Change how you feel by changing the way you think' helped me tremendously in my moods or my way of thinking or overthinking.

What books really helped you grow that you would love to see come in the system one day?

The biggest territory to develop in under your hat.

To move a mountain you start by moving one stone at a time.

#2 CJ Calvert

CJ Calvert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted 18 September 2014 - 10:56 AM

Great topic!

I loved Crucial Conversations when it came down on the system few years ago.  Bill Lewis referenced the follow up book, Crucial Accountability (originally titled Crucial Confrontations) in his great cd Handling Confrontation, but I don't recall seeing it come down the pike.  (Sometimes I've already bought books that we later get through our excellent subscriptions.)

Also, we had a book by those same authors titled Influencer, which is a solid book on corporate change, a red-hot topic for corporations.  While it was a good book, an EXCELLENT book on the exact same topic is SWITCH, by Chip and Dan Heath, who wrote Made to Stick (which I believe Chris Brady referenced on an LLR cd in the last few months.)

So, two suggestions of my personal favorites!

• sscolvin and Marc Page like this

Choose to live an exceptional LIFE!  Phillippians 4:8

#3 Owen Jones

Owen Jones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:56 PM

A book that I came across that I believe may be helpful as well for those who find that their minds are a clutter is the book Getting Things Done, by David Allen.

It talks about systems and how to implement them, The 50,000 foot view all the way down to the purpose of what you are doing with the endeavors of the daily tasks.

Was this book ever in our system? 

• CJ Calvert likes this

"More powerful than one thousand kings is he who has the faith to believe, the fortitude to endure, and the strength to overcome"

#4 Neal Ruffner

Neal Ruffner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGrand Blanc, MI

Posted 28 December 2014 - 03:37 PM

Born to Win - by Lewis Timberlake

One of my favorite books I have ever read! It has had a huge impact on my life. 

• CJ Calvert likes this

Neal Ruffner

Liberators

LT-IT

#5 wadeharris17

wadeharris17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 02:35 PM

A suggestion that I have is Quitter by Jon Acuff. I haven't read it but Steven Palmer who I admire put it on his blog, http://stephendpalmer.com/magic-side/ so putting it on here to see if anyone has read it and if it has or will come down on system. If not I might purchase it separate. Thank you

#6 Adam & Teesa Rossman

Adam & Teesa Rossman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationRockford, IL

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:36 PM

A book I would love to see as one of our products is "The greatest miracle in the world" by Og Mandino.  We currently carry "The greatest salesman in the world" and this would be a great follow up book to add to our collection!

• CJ Calvert and Denese.Brown like this

#7 Adam & Teesa Rossman

Adam & Teesa Rossman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationRockford, IL

Posted 06 January 2015 - 12:38 AM

The Power Of Habit had some fantastic insights to the power of habits and the way to establish or eliminate habits in our lives...Attached File  image.jpg   28.34KB   0 downloads
  • CJ Calvert and CathyRedden like this

#8 noudjeff

noudjeff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:58 PM

Tribal Leadership - David Logan

• DWRascalROKofKaizen likes this

#9 Jon.DeLange

Jon.DeLange

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:50 PM

I would like to echo CJ on the book Switch by Chip and Dan Heath.  Also, I have drawn so much value from the book Made to Stick by the same authors. One thing that changed for me after reading the book Made to Stick was the way I explained a new idea. I realized that I was being accurate to the point of confusion... What the Heath brothers refer to as "The Curse of Knowledge." This was abundantly clear to me as my brother and myself did our best to explain a card game to our grandmother this Christmas. While he and I know the terms like Panic and Mustang and Renegade... someone who has never played the game "Bang!" needs concrete, simple examples that relate from previous knowledge into the new concept. This has profound implications outside of simply a card game with Grandma at Christmas and I would highly recommend Made to Stick by Chip and Dan Heath.

• sscolvin and CJ Calvert like this

#10 sscolvin

sscolvin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 05:29 PM

I was recently recommended to read SWITCH by Chip and Dan Heath from someone in Google who is mentoring startups!  I am part the way through and finding it has was wonderful lessons with some excellent examples, a great way to learn.

• CJ Calvert likes this

#11 CJ Calvert

CJ Calvert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:32 PM

The Power Of Habit had some fantastic insights to the power of habits and the way to establish or eliminate habits in our lives...attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I really enjoyed The Power of Habit, though it hasn't come down in our system.  The content was referenced by Lana Hamilton when she described, on a cd a few months ago, getting people to use toothpaste by running their tongue on their teeth.  Some good ideas in that book, including the idea of a "keystone" habit.

• Adam & Teesa Rossman, mistydawn128 and CathyRedden like this

#12 CJ Calvert

CJ Calvert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:43 AM

Tribal Leadership - David Logan

Great book!  It actually came down in the system a few years ago.  Which raises a really good thought... what are all of the books that HAVE come down in the system over the last few years?!  I have no record except my bookshelf.  But I am confident that the founders have books from their earlier experience in business that I might not be exposed to yet.

• sscolvin, Adam & Teesa Rossman, Jon.DeLange and 1 other like this

#13 mistydawn128

mistydawn128

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:36 PM

"Have a Nice Conflict"

#14 Dale and Lori

Dale and Lori

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:24 PM

A great book for the AGO series, "Soul Detox" by Craig Groeschel.  Clean living in a Contaminated World.  Awesome book talks about recognizing toxins in our lives and how to avoid them, what to do if they're already part of you.   Great read!

• befalero likes this

#15 tammy.yousif

tammy.yousif

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:20 PM

How about for the fitness "F," the book The Food Babe Way by Vani Hari.

#16 Bob & Sheila

Bob & Sheila

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 10:36 PM

Brand new book called "Resilience" by Eric Greitens.  The author writes about his experiences as a Navy Seal and how life's challenges are overcome with resilience and personal mastery. Sounds familiar doesn't it! Here's a snippet from the book; "it's on the frontlines of our lives that we earn wisdom, create joy, forge friendships, discover happiness, find love, and do purposeful work. if you want to win any meaningful kind of victory, you'll have to fight for it." Great book! Maybe a fit for a Life Leadership subscription, definitely quality caliber. Enjoy!!! 

• Adam & Teesa Rossman likes this

#17 Denese.Brown

Denese.Brown

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:40 PM

Escape from Reason by Francis A Schaeffer and Deliver Us from Evil by Ravi Zacharias.  Both apologetics books whose writers are very sound in theology,

Success is a Journey by Brian Tracy.  Excellent book on handling obstacles and setbacks and persevering through to the end.

Christianity and the Constitution by John Eidsmoe for the freedom series.

• Adam & Teesa Rossman and DWRascalROKofKaizen like this

#18 AJ & Emily Smith

AJ & Emily Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 09:32 PM

The Five Thousand Year Leap by Dr. Cleon Skousen (Oliver DeMilles mentor)

• Adam & Teesa Rossman and DWRascalROKofKaizen like this

#19 andrew.magnuson

andrew.magnuson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:15 PM

A book that has completely opened my eyes to the potential of prospects out there is called "Icebreakers" by Tom "Big Al" Schreider. It IS a network marketing book, but doesn't single out any one company and is applicable directly to LifeLeadership.

I had a scarcity mentality when I first started and have been struggling for the past 3 months trying to GET people to sign up, but in the last week after reading this book, I have gained much more confidence and much more posture as I apply what I learned through this book. The book walks people through exactly what to say to find the people that are looking without being pushy and is something that ANYONE can do.

In addition to this book, "Big Al" has other network marketing books that cover other areas of interacting with people through your network marketing business that could also be looked at, but this book especially has completely changed my outlook on life and guided me in the right direction to help my business flourish!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users