3 replies to this topic

#1 Mark.Stamps

Mark.Stamps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 11:07 AM

As more of my team is taking step 3 and connecting with the Marketing System there's a bigger LifeLine culture growing.

I'm constantly saying "band of brothers, that's us!" or "crusaders, that's us too! Maybe! I mean, I know Holger is on our team" and similar comments with a few others. I can't help but think there's someone out there who can give a better explanation how team names work than I can.

I love the team culture in LIFE!
BBNQ!

Mark
  • diegopi likes this

#2 Claude

Claude

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 02:35 PM

Mark

Great Question! first of all I wasn't around when the Team of Destiny was named and became TOD. The story is legendary and there are still may people around who were there and could tell it in detail, as well there are many bits and pieces of the story on cds. Top 50 pack especially. I am sure Chris Brady or George Guzzardo or many others could chime in here and tell it. I will fast forward some details to how Kaizen came about. 

Team of Destiny or TOD as many called it how an amazing culture. I watched it from the outside and sometimes thought they were crazy but respected and admired their zeal. Then TOD i think kinda got too big and many great leaders were being lost within the big overall team. So they changed the name to TEAM, Together Everyone Achieves More and had RoundTables and sometimes Turbo 100s name their teams. This allowed the overall TEAM to be made up of a bunch of smaller teams and we could get the effect of a tight culture like TOD had when it first exploded.

This is much like 'Esprit du Corp" in the military. Within every military formation it can be broken down into smaller and smaller teams each with their unique culture. But they all serve as one TEAM in the big picture. But they all have their own folklore and heroes and traditions and insignia. 

So all the teams in LIFE have their own uniqueness to them. They all are awesome and are led by great people.I don't know everyone else's stories but I do know Kaizen's.

When we joined TEAM we didn't have team names. Our overall organization was called True North after the line in the Canadian anthem "true north strong and free". It already was getting dated as a name because our American groups were growing and you know Americans.....they didn't like being named after the Canadian anthem so we needed to eventually change that anyways.

So OW kept telling me that we should get our leaders to all name our individual teams. Whenever I wold approach the group leaders they didn't like the idea of naming their own teams because they felt it would distance themselves from me and Lana. You need to understand we had been thru a lot as an organization and stuck together thru thick and thin so we weren't excited about the feeling of being separated. But there is one thing I know about OW is that he is right waaayyyyyyyyy more often then I am and he kept telling me the virtues of naming teams. So I finally insisted and our leaders who qualified all named their teams. I must give credit to Alex and Leighann Nickerson. Not just for the idea but also the massive cross lining that they had to do to accomplish what happened next. They had named their team "KAIZEN" and it was a cool name. But we had many discussions with the leaders and everyone wanted to stay connected somehow. So A&L gave up their name to be the umbrella name of mine and Lana's team and everyone would use that to connect each other but would still have their own team names. It accomplished all that we wanted and today Kaizen is a huge very tight organization with many smaller very tight teams. So for example in no particular order, Kaizen Steadfast which is led by Joce and Cynthia Dionne or Kaizen Dynasty led by Alex and Leighann Nickerson. or Rock of Kaizen which is led by Terry and Ann Franks. Kaizen Delta by Jean and Tamie Belanger and the Rascals of Kaizen Tony and Pat Tefel. Also Kaizen Unified led by Wayne and Raylene Macnamara. Of course any teams that have not named themselves yet that are sponsored by me and Lana are just Kaizen.

Here are some of the other team names in Kaizen that are part of the previously named teams.

Vanguard

Rock and Roll

Freedom Chasers

Impact

Vision

Virtuous

Knights of Kaizen

Eagles

Valor

Fusion

Phoenix

So thats Kaizen's story. We love being team mates. We truly answer the call of Duty and move as one. We are super loyal but also fiercely independent. We take interdependancy seriously. We protect our culture. We play hard and work hard. We play hurt when we need to. 

And we are just getting started!!!

Fight Fiercely, Yours in Victory

Claude

• JennyLaPierre, holly.lambert, SusanPetersonFL and 9 others like this

#3 Mark.Stamps

Mark.Stamps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:16 PM

Wow that's incredible! I always Kaizen sounded cool. I read that it means ''constantly improving' or something like that. Mark MacDonald mentioned it in the Body Confidence from the LIFE subscription.

Claude, thank you for sharing your story! I still can't believe that LIFE Coaches take the time to participate on this forum.

Thanks!!!
Mark

#4 John Horne

John Horne

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:02 PM

Mark

Great Question! first of all I wasn't around when the Team of Destiny was named and became TOD. The story is legendary and there are still may people around who were there and could tell it in detail, as well there are many bits and pieces of the story on cds. Top 50 pack especially. I am sure Chris Brady or George Guzzardo or many others could chime in here and tell it. I will fast forward some details to how Kaizen came about. 

Team of Destiny or TOD as many called it how an amazing culture. I watched it from the outside and sometimes thought they were crazy but respected and admired their zeal. Then TOD i think kinda got too big and many great leaders were being lost within the big overall team. So they changed the name to TEAM, Together Everyone Achieves More and had RoundTables and sometimes Turbo 100s name their teams. This allowed the overall TEAM to be made up of a bunch of smaller teams and we could get the effect of a tight culture like TOD had when it first exploded.

This is much like 'Esprit du Corp" in the military. Within every military formation it can be broken down into smaller and smaller teams each with their unique culture. But they all serve as one TEAM in the big picture. But they all have their own folklore and heroes and traditions and insignia. 

So all the teams in LIFE have their own uniqueness to them. They all are awesome and are led by great people.I don't know everyone else's stories but I do know Kaizen's.

When we joined TEAM we didn't have team names. Our overall organization was called True North after the line in the Canadian anthem "true north strong and free". It already was getting dated as a name because our American groups were growing and you know Americans.....they didn't like being named after the Canadian anthem so we needed to eventually change that anyways.

So OW kept telling me that we should get our leaders to all name our individual teams. Whenever I wold approach the group leaders they didn't like the idea of naming their own teams because they felt it would distance themselves from me and Lana. You need to understand we had been thru a lot as an organization and stuck together thru thick and thin so we weren't excited about the feeling of being separated. But there is one thing I know about OW is that he is right waaayyyyyyyyy more often then I am and he kept telling me the virtues of naming teams. So I finally insisted and our leaders who qualified all named their teams. I must give credit to Alex and Leighann Nickerson. Not just for the idea but also the massive cross lining that they had to do to accomplish what happened next. They had named their team "KAIZEN" and it was a cool name. But we had many discussions with the leaders and everyone wanted to stay connected somehow. So A&L gave up their name to be the umbrella name of mine and Lana's team and everyone would use that to connect each other but would still have their own team names. It accomplished all that we wanted and today Kaizen is a huge very tight organization with many smaller very tight teams. So for example in no particular order, Kaizen Steadfast which is led by Joce and Cynthia Dionne or Kaizen Dynasty led by Alex and Leighann Nickerson. or Rock of Kaizen which is led by Terry and Ann Franks. Kaizen Delta by Jean and Tamie Belanger and the Rascals of Kaizen Tony and Pat Tefel. Also Kaizen Unified led by Wayne and Raylene Macnamara. Of course any teams that have not named themselves yet that are sponsored by me and Lana are just Kaizen.

Here are some of the other team names in Kaizen that are part of the previously named teams.

Vanguard

Rock and Roll

Freedom Chasers

Impact

Vision

Virtuous

Knights of Kaizen

Eagles

Valor

Fusion

Phoenix

So thats Kaizen's story. We love being team mates. We truly answer the call of Duty and move as one. We are super loyal but also fiercely independent. We take interdependancy seriously. We protect our culture. We play hard and work hard. We play hurt when we need to. 

And we are just getting started!!!

Fight Fiercely, Yours in Victory

Claude

Claude, 

The culture of Team Kaizen is both amazing and trendsetting. Since I have been in LIFE Leadership it seems that all the team are striving to create the togetherness and "grittyness" Kaizen teams display within their own organizations. Great Example!

Do you think that the other Life Coaches could share a brief history of their organizations and list their teams in a similar fashion like you did on this thread? I think it would be cool, and it would be a great to help everyone know how the overall LIFE Leadership culture is shaping up. what do you think?

• DWRascalROKofKaizen, Carol, gabewils and 1 other like this

JH B)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users