133 replies to this topic

#101 Michelle Turner

Michelle Turner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCary, NC

Posted 28 May 2015 - 11:44 PM

Hi Ladies! Just an update to let you all know that the Ladies Book Club Corner reading selections for June and July are for sale on the LIFE Leadership Shopping Cart!

The shopping cart now has a category specific for the "Ladies Book Club Corner". :D :D

• slpries, mistydawn128, Terri Brady and 27 others like this

#102 Brenda Kilhoffer

Brenda Kilhoffer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationGoodyear, AZ

Posted 07 June 2015 - 08:04 PM

Just received "Twelve Ordinary Men" and "Fierce Women" in the mail this week and looking forward to re-reading "Leadership Train".  Up until this point, I've been too late to order the books and they've all been sold out.  (Which is a good thing - as it shows how many of us are taking ourselves on and is a picture of how many lives will be changed as a result!)  I'm looking forward to participating in the discussion on the forum and holding myself accountable to my reading.  I've fallen short these past several months while pregnant.  Now that I am home with Jeremiah and spending lots of quiet time holding him, I'm looking forward to doing so with my books in hand.  Diving into "Twelve Ordinary Men" right now so I'm prepared to participate in the discussions!  Thank you so much PC Ladies for leading us in a powerful and meaningful way!

• slpries and Terri Brady like this

Brenda Kilhoffer

Independent Member
LIFE Leadership
Office - 623.337.8590
Mobile - 623.734.0431

logo.png

Your BEST Shot at Living the LIFE You've Always Wanted!

#103 JennieStiehl

JennieStiehl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 02:09 PM

So I finished the Leadership Train book today. What a very well written story of how so many people get started out, and the journey process. I really couldn't put this book down, I started it yesterday as I was finishing up another book, and I just couldn't stop reading. I can't wait to get this book into the hands of every new person we sign up, but it also has taught me some different ways of looking at my prospects and new sign-up's. We don't really have a cuklture here of hanging out with your new guys for coffee after an Open, but what a great way to add the fun "F" into and evening where you'r already together.

Thanks Orrin for writting such a great book on getting someone started and fostering belief!

• SuprStiehl, Terri Brady and Galenoa like this

#104 Brenda Hatcher

Brenda Hatcher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 03 July 2015 - 11:14 AM

So excited to start reading the Fierce Woman book....I found the authors website and she has some amazing blogs that speak straight truth!  I like to know about the authors and their beliefs as I read books that I am planning on intentionally implementing their thoughts and beliefs into my own life. She is definitely on point on many of today's hot topics..I like her and have the feeling her book is definitely going to be a game changer!

Her website is http://www.kimberlywagner.org/ ... hope you enjoy browsing through there as much as I did.  She is very transparent.

Thanks again to Laurie and the leading ladies for this amazing BOOK CLUB and choosing books that add such value to our lives!

Brenda Hatcher

• slpries, Terri Brady, ClifqtonBalry and 1 other like this

Brenda Hatcher

Team PORTHOS Musketeers

All for One and One for All!

#105 daniellemommy08

daniellemommy08

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:07 AM

Wandering what the next book will be to read in August for September.

• slpries and JennieStiehl like this

#106 Laurie

Laurie

• PC
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 02:39 PM

Hello Ladies,

Hope your summer is going great.  We just finished another round of Operation Advances and Wow! they were awesome.  Loved seeing and hearing from everyone. Just wanted to post the upcoming books for the book clubs.  I hope you are all running to qualify for your LC's book club.  It is a great time where iron sharpens iron and a wonderful chance to hear from your Life coach.  These ladies are awesome examples and have much wisdom to share.  Check with your leader to see what it will take for you to get qualified.  Here are the upcoming books.  

August: Read "52 Things Husbands Need from Their Wives" by Jay Pateiner for Sept. discussion

September: Read "E.Q. Emotional Intelligence" by Bradberry and Greaves for October discussion

October: Read "Lifebuilders Text Book" for November discussion

November: Read "Life Management for Busy Women" by Elizabeth George for December discussion

December: Read "Becoming your Spouses Better Half" by Rick Johnson for January discussion

January:  Read "Lies Woman Believe" by Nancy Leigh DeMoss for February  discussion

February: Read "How I Raised Myself from Failure to Success in Selling" by Frank Bettger for March discussion

That's it for now.  Enjoy!!

Love to all,  :wub:

Laurie

Remember, Praise God because You are "Fearfully and wonderfully made" Psalm 139:14

• Tina.Abernathy, Ammon Nelson, Terri Brady and 1 other like this

#107 Adam & Teesa Rossman

Adam & Teesa Rossman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationRockford, IL

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:28 PM

Awesome!  Thanks, Laurie.

• Terri Brady likes this

#108 Brenda Kilhoffer

Brenda Kilhoffer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationGoodyear, AZ

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:52 PM

Hi Laurie!  Will EQ Emotional Intelligence be available on our website?  Im not finding it...

• ElkaTef likes this

Brenda Kilhoffer

Independent Member
LIFE Leadership
Office - 623.337.8590
Mobile - 623.734.0431

logo.png

Your BEST Shot at Living the LIFE You've Always Wanted!

#109 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 07:00 PM

Hi Laurie!  Will EQ Emotional Intelligence be available on our website?  Im not finding it...

Yes, it will be available soon. 

CB

• Terri Brady likes this

#110 debydawn

debydawn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 01:22 PM

Although the word fierce can have a negative element, there can also be a beauty to the right kind of fierceness. Not an ugly, raw aggression, but the fierceness that is humble strength and power under control. The fierceness that is admirable grabs on to the hem of God's will and won't let go. We all can admire someone who fiercely stands for truth in a world with so many confusing messages. If you love stories of women who have taken courageous stands for righteous causes you will like "Fierce Women" by Kimberly Wagner.

• Terri Brady likes this

#111 AlisonL

AlisonL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:46 PM

Thank you LIFE Coach Ladies for having us read Fierce Women! I unfortunately relate to this book more than I really want to admit! However, Kimberly Wagner gives us so much hope and encouragement in her own story, and I know I have made significant progress already thanks to the LIFE materials and incredible mentorship. I have highlighted and tabbed a great portion of this book, but I really love her acronyms for EMASCULATION and APPRECIATION. I will definitely have those on notecards for easy reference! My favorite quote from the book is probably this:

"It takes a fierce woman to live out the helper role determinedly and not allow her own selfish pursuits to take her off course. It takes the creatively of a fierce woman to discover how to motivate the men around her to live out God's calling on their lives. It takes the passion of a fierce woman to encourage a man who's drowning in a pit of shame and despair. It takes the perseverance of a fierce woman to hang in there with her man when the going gets tough."

I most definitely want to be determined, creative, passionate, and persevere in all of these ways!  I am striving to become a beautifully fierce woman for God, my husband, my child(ren), and for those I am able to serve. I will never be perfect but books like this definitely help me fall forward! Thank you again for recommending this book, and may God help and strengthen us all in becoming beautifully fierce!

• Terri Brady likes this

#112 Tina.Abernathy

Tina.Abernathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:02 AM

Fierce Women! In a word Stupendous....is that really a word...lol

I laughed, cried, prayed, pondered, argued but most of all was changed by this book.  I honestly believe that Fierce Women has been the marriage book that challenged/renewed me the most.  

Often I would read a marriage book or sometimes the bible and feel I can't measure up...it's unattainable.  Yet, Fierce Woman gave me insight andpermission, along with scriptures she walked me through in context of marriage, to use my God given uniqueness and personality but apply them in a soft warrior kind of way.  I would often come away from marriage books feeling but I'm just not.....xyz, "Lord change me to be xyz" yet I think he revealed to me that I don't need to be "xyz, I just need soft warrior application and to know when and how to use it"

My favorite chapter was Letting go and grabbing on. One of my favorite statements was Extraordinary requires me to wear out!!!

If you haven't read or have started reading but stopped,by all means FINISH this book.  Although I am not sure I can finish it because I am a work in progress.   

• Ammon Nelson and Terri Brady like this

#113 hans.rohne

hans.rohne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 08:06 PM

I'm excited to start reading these and preparing for the day I will legitimately be in the Life Coach Ladies circle!  Just curious, do any of these books come with the AGO subscription?

Thanks for a great example...

Teri

#114 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 03:12 PM

I'm excited to start reading these and preparing for the day I will legitimately be in the Life Coach Ladies circle!  Just curious, do any of these books come with the AGO subscription?

Thanks for a great example...

Teri

no, none of these will be coming down on the AGO subscription.  

CB

• Terri Brady likes this

#115 MichelleWard

MichelleWard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 08:30 PM

I am so excited to be able to read what everyone is getting out of this months book! Thankyou to all the Life Coach Ladies for the time they have put into this book Study every month I am very appreciative of it as I am sure all the other ladies are as well. Amy does such an awesome job with our group every single month! Definitely Something for all the ladies to run for, to be a part of it. I just love how Sharon Jaynes writes she is so down to earth but very wise as well. Such a Great read on silencing the Outside world, while at the same time recognizing how He is speaking to us through it, to Truely become a women who listens to God.
:D Dolores

#116 4bayley

4bayley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:54 AM

Hi Laurie, Just wondering what the books for the upcoming months will be? working through some of the past books and am enjoying the learning! Thanks!

• Jewald, sgtmom1-Angel and Derica Holden like this

#117 Laurie

Laurie

• PC
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 06:34 PM

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to let you know we have updated the list of upcoming books and they should all be available from the LIFE site.  If you don't already own them please feel free to order them from you own site.  Here they are:

March: Read "Sacred Pathways" by Gary Thomas for April discussion

April:  Read "Hand Me Another Brick" by Charles Swindoll for May discussion

May:  Read "Letters to Lindsey" by Terri Brady for June discussion

June:  Read "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill for July discussion

July:  Read "Leadership and Self-Deception by the Arbinger Institute for August discussion

August:  Read: "5 Languages of Apology" by Gary Chapman for September discussion

September: Read "For Woman Only" by Shaunti Feldhahn for October discussion

I hope you have enjoyed the previous books. I know some of them really "slapped me across the face".  I am still amazed at how much you can learn even if you have read a book several times!!  One of my favorite books we have read has been Fierce Women.  My mother- in-love gave me this book (she also called be brassy when we first met-I took it as a compliment! YIKES- I had so much to learn) and I knew it was going to hit me right in the heart and it did.  It is good to be a fierce woman but fierce in the right way.  I love how the book talked about being beautifully fierce for the Lord!! That is a whole different kind of fierce than I was when I first married Orrin.  Anyway, since that book we have read many more that have taught us all so many great lessons.  We are currently reading Sacred Pathways by Gary Thomas (yep, he is the same man that wrote Sacred Marriage-another favorite of mine).  I really liked this book as well as it helped my identify when and how I feel closest to God.  It also helped me understand that not everyone worships in the same way and that is ok.  It is like a Personality Plus book for worshippers. :)   I would love to hear which pathways you see yourself on.   Next month we will be reading "Hand me Another Brick" by Charles Swindoll.  I have never read this book and I am excited to dig into it since Orrin recommended it for all of us to read.  

I know all the other LC ladies would agree that we would love to have more of you join our zoom discussions so keep reading, listening, associating, implementing and growing and we will see you there!!

God bless each one of you and remember you are..."fearfully and wonderfully made" Psalm 139:14

Laurie :wub: 

• Brenda Hatcher, Jewald, Ammon Nelson and 2 others like this

#118 lclmary

lclmary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 05:00 PM

Hello ladies,

I just returned from the Convention in Kansas City. It was my 4th convention since becoming a PBO with my husband in July of 2015.  Laurie Woodward was ON FIRE and seeing her growth blew me away. All of the Life Coach ladies showed up and gave us their all and I am so excited to follow in those footsteps!  I will start with the May book and keep growing, applying and sharing and I WILL see the beautiful ladies on future zoom discussions.

Mary

• Jewald likes this

#119 Brenda Hatcher

Brenda Hatcher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:12 AM

Hello to all of the LC Ladies!

I am so excited that this site is up and running full speed ahead!  I think all of us should send out a text greeting or phone call to our ladies and have them join this site asap!  What a privilege to get to see the comments that the LC Ladies have to say about these books to test our thinking...and challenge us.  

Thanks again for all of the work you ladies do to set examples for us that are 'on our way'.

Brenda Hatcher

• Jewald likes this

Brenda Hatcher

Team PORTHOS Musketeers

#120 csjkscs

csjkscs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 19 May 2016 - 02:03 PM

I'm new to the "LLCC" and am extremely pleased with the choices of our Life Coach Ladies, as far as the books are concerned. I'm trying to catch up so I've been reading the current book, as well as "Sacred Marriage" by Gary Thomas. While my view on eternal marriage differ from his (which, in the past, would have compelled me to put the book down), the truths about our marital relationship being a testing ground, a learning experience, and an opportunity to grow closer to the Savior are spot on. I'm equally excited to be digging in to "Letters to Lindsey". Terri Brady's ability to teach, using stories from her life, is a gift to us all. I am the mother of 5 and GiGi (grandma) to two (3 come July). In a world full of self-centered behavior and the loss of what makes us, women and mothers, special and powerful,these books are a breath of fresh air and a continuous reminder that I am doing the Lord's work by striving to be the best I can be so that I can be the best wife, momma, and GiGi for my family. Thank you so much for leading us in the Good Fight, preparing us for the "battle", and giving us hope for ourselves, our families, our businesses, and dreams!

Side note: Have you considered "Fascinating Womanhood" by Helen Adel and/or "Gifts From the Sea" by Anne Morrow Lindbergh?

Again, thanks you so much for the opportunity to participate and I look forward to being a part of the "inner circle".

With much love,
Shayna Sunderland
  • Jewald and wendyburkhardt like this

Love, Shayna

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Matthew 11:28-39 

jesus-christ-1138511-thumbnail.jpg

#121 Terri Brady

Terri Brady

• PC
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 28 July 2016 - 02:37 PM

Hey! As I said from stage in Moline this past weekend, I am forever changed by this month's book, "Leadership and Self-Deception"! It was just as great the third tim reading it! (Will I ever just LEARN instead of having to Re-LEARN??!! UGH!)

I am looking forward to being on the business-wide call on August 4th to discuss it!!

God bless,

Terri 

Gal 6:9-10 Don't grow weary in well-doing:)

• Brenda Hatcher, Jewald and Ammon Nelson like this
Gal 6:9-10
Check out my blog, "Letters to Lindsey" at http://terribradyblog.com.

#122 Brendan Ross

Brendan Ross

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 02:00 AM

Hi Ladies,  I have only just found my way to the Ladies Life Coach Corner.  Can someone please clarify is there a discussion held each month on the book read the pervious month and if so where is it as I have been unable to find it.  Thank you kindly and apologies for the silly question.

Amanda :)

#123 Brenda Hatcher

Brenda Hatcher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 21 September 2016 - 09:36 AM

Hi Amanda
We are all able to participate and discuss throughout the month what we find life changing about the book of the month by just posting on this site. There is no formal online discussion as the leading ladies (certain level and above)have a formal discussion according to their leading lady LIFE COACH. ...I believe that is how it works. Our goal is to get with your upline leader and find out what the rank is for your group to participate in that formal discussion.
In the meantime we can have discussion on the book on this site where the posts are monitored and the leading ladies have the opportunity to respond to our posts.
Hope this helps and hope you are enjoying "FOR WOMEN ONLY".

Brenda Hatcher

Team PORTHOS Musketeers

#124 Carol

Carol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 September 2016 - 03:11 PM

Hello Ladies!
Do we know what the October book will be? I looked at the thread and didn't see it. If I missed it I'm sorry.
Thanks!

#125 casitas

casitas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationVentura, CA

Posted 23 September 2016 - 06:38 PM

What is the schedule when the book to read in October, November, etc will be available? 

Casitas Lake

Team Musketeers

#126 Life Forum Admin

Life Forum Admin

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 81 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 01:35 PM

Hello Ladies!
Do we know what the October book will be? I looked at the thread and didn't see it. If I missed it I'm sorry.
Thanks!

What is the schedule when the book to read in October, November, etc will be available? 

The schedule has been update. See the very first post of this thread, authored by Laurie Woodward.

#127 davestadel

davestadel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:11 AM

Laurie,

I just want to thank you and the other LC for the this last recommending of A LIFELONG LOVE by Gary Thomas.  This book was fantastic at challenging my perspective on loving, both my husband and my God!  Our discussion as leaders really focused in on having that long-term mission as a couple, keeping our center of attention on Christ, considering whatever we do an act of worship due to Him.  It sounds so simple in words, but it creates a beautiful symphony of sound and purpose in the soul!  

Will be revisiting this book again and again!

Leah

Team 180

#128 Kenna Knapp

Kenna Knapp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationLowell, MI

Posted 08 November 2016 - 11:43 AM

Hi Laurie and the rest of the Leading Ladies!

After suggestion of Cassie Birtles and Kortney Cox, I am writing on this forum.  I've been reading the ladies book club books for awhile, but hadn't ever left a comment on what I was reading.  I'm not part of the ladies bookclub in person yet, but I plan to be.  You get what you picture, right???!!!  

I ABSOULTELY love the book I just finished up, A LifeLong Love, by Gary Thomas.  This book has been truly eye opening for myself!!!  One of the things that smacked me right between the eyes was when he was talking about imagining when our kids have spouses and how we would want them to be treated....ouch!!!  As a mom of two young boys, I know how I want my future daughter-in-laws to treat my boys, but am I treating their dad the way I want them to be treated???  That completely blew my mind!!  What a way to start looking at how I treat my spouse, because little eyes are always watching.  I need to be a godly example of not only a mother to my boys, but also a loving, godly wife, who supports and encourages their dad.  

There are so many great parts to this book, but another part that really made me stop and think was he was talking about the Holy Spirit and having a marriage that is sustained by the Holy Spirit.  He also states that many people are frustrated in their marriages, because they are trying to live as if the Trinity isn't part of the equation.   We ask too much of our spouses and not enough of God's Holy Spirit.  He says one quote in there that just really struck me, "You'll have far more success and satisfaction in your marriage if you start asking more of God and less of your spouse."  How true is that??!!!  I need to be on my knees praying for more of God and less of how my spouse can please me or help me.  I think of a song that I used to sing in Sunday school all of the time, "Oh, what peace we often forfeit, Oh what needless pain we bear, all because we do not carry, everything to God in prayer."  It is a privilege that I know that I often skip over or don't realize until something happens that forces me to my knees.  Having that intimate relationship with Jesus is important and it starts with prayer.  The closer we get to God, the closer we will be together!!

I love how this book as really opened my eyes to what marriage is supposed to look like in God's eyes.  Not what the world says it should look like.  It also showed me how truly selfish I am in my own marriage and how I can change that.  So that my  marriage could be an example to other marriages around me.  

It all starts in the home and families staying together is the key to changing our world, one home at a time.  

I look forward to writing more on the forums and for the AWESOME books from the ladies bookclub!!! Can't wait to join you all in person!!   :)

Kenna

• debydawn likes this

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.

#129 rjfisher1

rjfisher1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 08:13 PM

Hi ladies! I love what I'm learning, hearing again and choosing to implement from this book by Darren Hardy. I have been reading some of it aloud with my 10 year old daughter as well and she is asking to continue. She wants to pursue success in areas already and is looking for the process where she can experience that for herself. My husband and I are both implementing the tracking for a key area in our personal and business development and I absolutely cannot wait to se the fruit it bears and what that will sow as seeds into the lives of those who can follow our example thanks to this fantastic book. We 100% respect and thank the leaders we work with for putting this material in front of us and making it a priority to implement in our lives. We appreciate you.

#130 debydawn

debydawn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 11:54 AM

I so enjoy being involved in this book club. What a treat it is to get to hear from such grace-filled leaders on the topics covered in these great books. I love that building communities of people gather us together to grow to strive to be the best versions of ourselves. Be a fortified Leader and join us every month. Orrin invited the men to join in last month (jus this once) to read "A Lifelong Love" by Gary Thomas. A must read.
~Debbie Spolar

#131 Kenna Knapp

Kenna Knapp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationLowell, MI

Posted 31 December 2016 - 11:22 AM

I absolutely love the book, The Compound Effect.  The biggest take away for me from this book was HABITS!!!  Creating good habits and having a plan is super important to implement them into my life.  It was a great reminder also that there are bad habits also and its very easy to fall into bad habits.  It takes hard work and discipline to keep good habits up.  I know from my own experience that everyday I get to choose what I do to better myself and it all starts with the habits that I keep.  Having a plan to start my morning off with my devotions, reading, and cd listening is vitally important!  I'm an example to all of those around me and I know for me, I cannot live without the LIFE cd's.  When things are going good or going not so good, those cd's help keep my mind in check.  Thanks again to Laurie and the rest of the leading ladies for leading the way with their good habits.  They are an example to me to strive for excellence everyday no matter what is going on in our lives!  

God Bless!!

- Kenna

#132 Kenna Knapp

Kenna Knapp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationLowell, MI

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:02 PM

Hi Ladies!

The book Bringing out the Best in People was an eye opener for me.  So many great truths in this book.  I love the story in the Commitment to Excellence chapter about a father who came home with his family to see the big blue spruce in their yard ripped out of the ground.  The family was disappointed and thought that the tree was a loss, but not their dad.  He told them to push "him" up.  He was a small man, but that wasn't going to stop him.  So after two hours and some stakes in the ground, the tree was upright and had "his" roots back in the ground again.  That tree that was once ripped out of the ground and knocked to the ground was back upright and had grown to 65' in the air.  That was such an example to his young son that even if you get knocked down, you get back up again.  That example helped his son persevere when obstacles come.  His son went on to become a governor because of that determination.  That story just struck me, because with anything in life, there WILL be obstacles and it's all about overcoming them and perseverance when the tough times hit.  We may fall down, but we need to pick ourselves back up and put ourselves back in the ground.

There is so much in this book that if everyone read this and applied its principles to their lives, this world would be a greater place.  I was able to pull some of the principles out of this book and apply it right to my boys.  What better can we do, but to become better first for our families?  There is part in that book about observing the positive and telling the person right then.  There was a story about a mother who was constantly correcting her daughter to the point that the daughter worked really hard at being good all day.  At night, she was crying and asked the mom, "haven't I been a pretty good girl today?"  That story stuck out to me, because how often we can overlook the good that is done from our own children, if we aren't intentional about praising the good and pointing it out to them.  My oldest son had been working really hard at school and wasn't really making headway.  I just kept encouraging him and telling him that I knew he could do it and that I believed in him.  He came rushing into the room and said, "look Mom, I got 100% on my most important test!"  He was so proud of that and we celebrated and I praised him for working so hard.  He got way more from me encouraging him than by focusing on the not so good grades!  I love applying these books to my life and watching the change in those around me.  

If we are going to be leaders than we do need to know how to bring out the best in people and we can do that by applying it to ourselves and in our own homes first!

God Bless,

Kenna 

#133 Kenna Knapp

Kenna Knapp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationLowell, MI

Posted 01 March 2017 - 08:41 AM

Hi Ladies!!

The book Talent is Overrated is such an excellent reminder for myself. I took away from this book that you aren't born great at one certain thing. Somethings may come easier, but it's the hard work and perseverance that overcomes any "talent". I loved the story about Jerry Rice. He outworked the young guns and he had a specific plan in place for his work outs. He not only practiced when the season was going; he also practiced when it was off season. His dedication and hunger to be the best drove him to push himself and in the end, he was one of the greatest receivers in the NFL. He focused on the main things.

The other take away was working with a coach or mentor. They have the ability to see me in ways that I can't. They stretch me beyond what I'm capable of. I love growing and working on areas where I need to get better! Having a mentor who loves me and wants what is best for me, helps steer me straight and pushes me to strive for all that I can. We all have greatness inside, it's just whether or not we choose to unlock it! I love Noel Tichy's three circles. Comfort zone, learning zone or panic zone; it's only in the learning zone where we can make progress. We have the power to choose! To what level I succeed is up to me and like I tell my boys, we control ourselves.

God Bless,
Kenna

#134 Kenna Knapp

Kenna Knapp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationLowell, MI

Posted 31 March 2017 - 11:20 PM

Hi Ladies!!

Wow is all I can say about The Magic of Thinking Big book I chose to read! I've read this book before but I truly got so much more out of this book this time around reading it again. One of my biggest take aways from this book was the part that talked about listening in chapter five. Not just merely listening so that I can respond, but truly listening to what someone is saying. I've thought for a long time that I was a pretty good listener, but man did I get slapped upside the head! We shouldn't be listening to someone just by being quiet until it's our turn to talk, which I know I'm guilty for doing at times. People can tell and our ears are intake valves. There is truly no limit to what we can learn by asking and listening.

The other part of this book, which is also in chapter five that I absolutely love is we all have the ability for improvement in all areas of our lives. We aren't perfect so that means there is endless room for improvement. I LOVE that!! I love growing and changing and knowing that it's up to me to grow and change into who God truly wants me to be. We all have the opportunity as long as we are here to better ourselves. I'm so glad that I'm a part of a community that celebrates changing and growing! It's not always fun and not always easy, but it's always worth it! Thanks Lifecoach ladies for stretching me outside of myself and for all of the books that you recommend. It's so awesome to know that I'm in group of ladies that are striving to be better every single day!

God Bless!

Kenna

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users