139 replies to this topic

#51 Polly

Polly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:48 PM

POPULAR

We just had another amazing Zoom meeting with Laurie today......besides the Magic of Thinking Big, we were to read a book on a woman who has impacted  her culture & the lives of the people that God put in her path.  What great stories we shared & learned from today......made me feel that I have so far to go in my walk with the Lord & in my own personal growth, & yet, Laurie commented that we, as a team of ladies, have everything we already need to do what God has planned for us! How kind & encouraging she ALWAYS is!!  The lady I chose to learn more about was Corrie ten Boom ~ I'm sure many of you have heard Terri speak about her on a CD.  I learned so much from her story & was humbled to see how much God can do through one life, spreading His love & forgiveness to a world that so desperately needs it, & Him!  Some of the things I learned are these: How often it is that a small, almost unconscious event, can mark a turning point for us; The experiences of our lives, when we let God use them, become the mysterious & perfect preparation for the work He will give us to do; A secret for us is not that we overlook people's differences, but that we don't even realize that they are there; What better way to spend our lives in that if people can be taught to hate, they can be taught to love, as well; In darkness, God's truth shines most clear; Whatever bravery or skill I have ever shown are gifts from God; Happiness isn't something that depends on our surroundings, it's something we make inside ourselves; When you walk with God, if you look inside your heart, you'll find any strength you need, not too early or late, but just in time!  I can go on & on, but I think we can all say that God put us where we are for a special reason ~ you & I can do what He's put us here to do with His strength.....He's blessed us with LIFE, given us fantastic mentors like Orrin & Laurie, & put a dream & purpose in our hearts!  Let's be quick to encourage, forgive, & love always!!

• Brenda Hatcher, slpries, Jewald and 66 others like this

#52 Katie Titi

Katie Titi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 10:24 AM

I am very excited to be a part of this book club forum. I have learned so much from you ladies already and am thankful to be apart of a community of people who truly want to get better and make a difference! I started reading the book for November called Sacred Marriage. I love how the author, Gary Thomas, is so real..."If you want to be free to serve Jesus, there's no question - stay single. Marriage takes a lot of time. But if you want to become more like Jesus, I can't imagine any better thing to do than to get married. Being married forces you to face some character issues you'd never have to face otherwise." So true!!! Let's remember to read the book for ourselves and not for our husbands! :)  Happy Reading!

• Brenda Hatcher, SGorton, Jewald and 4 others like this

#53 Sherry Powers

Sherry Powers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:36 PM

I am truly Blessed To have been on an amazing zoom with Laurie Woodward. Wow ladies, it's time to do everything you can, so that you can be on one of the zooms, or in a living room hanging out with one of the Life Leading Ladies. We all picked a lady from history who had made a difference in people's lives. I chose Harriet Tubman, she was the conductor of the Underground Railroad. Her story is amazing. She ran away, and was a free slave, but that wasn't enough, she wanted to help as many slaves to freedom as she could. She risk her life over and over again and freed 300 slaves. They traveled in extreme cold and many dangerous situations, but she had so much faith in the Lord that she knew she would be safe. She was a very brave woman that cared more about others than she did her own safety. Harriet Tubman was a great read. I also was blessed to learn from many great ladies, who also talked about the women in history that they chose. I am feeling very Blessed to be surrounded by Leading Ladies in Life Leadership who will one day be WOMAN IN HISTORY.
  • Brenda Hatcher, SGorton, slpries and 3 others like this

#54 SGorton

SGorton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationJackson, Michigan

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:56 AM

Thanks so much to you Laurie and all the LC Ladies for opening this forum up to us all. Through everyone’s insights and thoughts I am growing in all areas Faith, family and my Life Leadership business.

So Excited to get started on Sacred Marriage because I know this will be an eye opener and will grow my heart for a struggling marriage. This is all possible because I am now a "Becoming a Woman Who Listens to God"!

The best part about our Awesome system is the even more Awesome people that make it all possible.

Inspired to Become the Best Me for You!

Sonya Gorton

• Brenda Hatcher, slpries, Jewald and 3 others like this

Sonya Gorton

Team PORTHOS Musketeers

All for One ~ One for All

#55 lisahawkins

lisahawkins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 03:20 PM

I cannot remember the number of times I have read "The Magic of Thinking Big" however I can tell you that as I reread it this time around I found new material to ponder.  I love when that happens.  I am so excited for all of the ladies to read or reread this classic.  I actually picked up my original copy of the book this time and found it amazing how things that I hadn't yet underlined or highlighted were now points of interest to me.  This book may be the number one book that Dan and I recommend!  The content in each chapter is so applicable to anyone, any walk of life.  I personally remember being convicted by Chapter 2 and excusitis.  My Excusitis came in other forms than what was mentioned in the book, like money, or lack of and my young children.  (not lack of :)  What I find interesting this time is I may still suffer from that disease but it may have different symptoms for me now.  I know for Dan and his lack of confidence Chapter 3 where he talks about action curing fear was a chapter that Dan visited on a regular basis.  Reading this book this time I was happy to be reminded of pg 92 where he says "Capacity is a state of mind.  How much we can do depends on how much we think we can do.  When you really believe you can do more, your mind thinks creatively and shows you the way."  Amen to that!  Both Dan and Laurie were instrumental in reminding me of this concept over this past year as I brought twins into this world at the same time hitting Life Coach!  I'm so thankful that I can call both of them my mentor and love that both Dan and Laurie are patient with me as I am continuing to grow my capacity!  Thank you Laurie for teaching me a while back what Dr Schwartz talks about in his book on pg 99 of writing down ideas in a notebook.  This has been extremely helpful as I read and have random thoughts pop into my mind, I can write them down to deal with them later.  Sometimes the small things become big things.  Well ladies I sure hope you enjoy this book as much as I did...again.  I also pray you are able to apply whatever is necessary for you to hit your next goal and eventually hit Life Coach.  It truly is a gift from God that I have the opportunity to call those ladies my life long friends.  I look forward to having you join us! 

• Brenda Hatcher, slpries, Jewald and 3 others like this

#56 caroline cressens montréal

caroline cressens montréal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 05:30 PM

hello

I would like to know the stategy of LIFE for a coupple together in the same business , when one of the two is the downline of the other. that become the 2nd team of the person downline ?
that become his TRIPPTRACKING ?
and becomes its volume of client?
thank you for your help, and allow us to take a clear decision  :)

#57 Marti Ray

Marti Ray

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:06 PM

Thank you Laurie for offering this wonderful opportunity to learn and read along with the other LC ladies to allow us to grow in our lives to reach our dreams as we learn from the best. 

• holly.lambert and DomenicaStratman like this

#58 KatieSmolnik

KatieSmolnik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationColumbia, Missouri, US

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:22 AM

I am enjoying "The Magic of Thinking Big" and have gotten several good nuggets already. I wanted to share a thought that ran through my head when I read pg. 137. Schwartz writes about "how children quickly pick up the attitudes, habits, fears, and preferences of their parents... And so do adults!" It reminded me of a scene from "42 - The Jackie Robinson Story" where the crowd is shouting words no one should use. A young man looks at his father, around at the crowd, and imitates what he hears and sees. Then the young man's baseball hero walks over to Jackie Robinson and puts his arm around him. You can see the conflict on the young man's face as he sees his hero behaving in such a positive and accepting manner toward the man at whom the crowd is shouting.
Every day, we are surrounded by negative input and influences. Except in the company of LifeLeadership. Being around the positive input from the association, audios, and books has made me more aware of how the world's negative influences impact me daily. It is only with this consistent positive input that I will attain my goals. Otherwise, the world's garbage will just get in my way and I have had enough of stinkin' thinkin'.
  • SGorton, slpries and Jewald like this

#59 Brenda Hatcher

Brenda Hatcher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 17 November 2014 - 11:44 AM

WOW! Sacred Marriage is the most amazing eye opener of a book!  I love just in the first few chapters of the profound statement that marriage should be pushing us more toward holiness...than happiness.  Not that happiness isn't great and rewarding....but it will come as we become more holy with our Master!  I LOVE IT! 

I also loved (kind of piggy back on what Katie mentioned) that being married is a ministry in itself!  It does challenge us to areas of our life that were never 'noticeable' and just knowing that ALL the answers are just a 'GOOD BOOK' away is comforting.  I KNOW that this book is going to take our marriage to a whole other level and I cannot wait to dive into it daily! 

Off to read...have a blessed day and again thanks to the LC LEADING LADIES!

• SGorton, slpries, Jewald and 2 others like this

Brenda Hatcher

Team PORTHOS Musketeers

All for One and One for All!

#60 Shannon Howard

Shannon Howard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationJackson, MI

Posted 17 November 2014 - 07:49 PM

Waiting on my books so I need to play catch up so I'll be reading "sacred marriage" and "developing leaders around you" at the same time. So excited to feed my brain with positive information. :D

• JuleenRay and sherak like this

Shannon Howard

Team PORTHOS Musketeers

All For One & One For All!

#61 Vonceal_Rempsonjr

Vonceal_Rempsonjr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMacomb, IL

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:30 AM

So VERY excited to be apart of such an amazing group of women who are growing themselves daily! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to have a hand up and not a hand out in LIFE. Looking forward to reading and learning with you all! See you in the comments! :D  

• JuleenRay and sherak like this

Vonceal Rempson Jr

"Make the choice once and then make your choice work"

Musketeers

"ALL for ONE, ONE for ALL"

#62 Laurie

Laurie

• PC
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 06:02 PM

Hello again,

Well by now I hope you have all ordered, received, and have at least started reading Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas.  Get ready for a great read!  I also hope you all enjoyed reading or rereading the Magic of Thinking Big.  There are so many nuggets in that book that it can be read over and over and still feel like a brand new book every time!  One of the many nuggets that jumped out at me the first time I read the book and is a great reminder every time I read it is "How to Develop The Power of Belief" on Page 20.  I also liked the checklist on page 145 and 146 titled "How Am I Thinking".  As we all know our thinking is a powerful tool that can hold us back or launch us forward.  If you still haven't read The Magic of Thinking Big I would strongly recommend reading it. :wub:  AND if you still haven't read "Turn the Page" A LIFE Leadership essentials book please add it to your list.  It is a quick read that will enhance your reading and help you to not just put a check mark in the box but read books like a leader should.  

In addition to reading Magic of Thinking Big last month, Lana suggested each of the ladies on the Life coach book club hangouts read a book on a woman from history that has inspired us in some way. So this time, we discussed how their lives impacted ours.  GREAT IDEA LANA!!!   :)  :)  It was a great hangout and we all learned so much from each of the different women in history.  Woman like Abigail Adams who taught us that the "whatever it takes attitude" is a key element in our (husband and family) success.  Then we learned that sometimes we may not understand why God has us where He has us but maybe, like Ester in the Bible, we have been called for such a time as this. Helen Keller taught us that persistance is required to achieve any success.  And, Harriet Tubman's example of serving and loving others was astounding.  There were many, many more great woman from history that we learned lessons from; I could write a book on each one but that has already been done! Whew!! Anyway, It was a great addition to our hangout. Can't wait for YOU to join us.  Enjoy Sacred Marriage and please feel free to leave comments telling us what has helped you most from the book. 

Love and God bless each of you,

💖Laurie
Never forgot YOU are fearfully and wonderfully made. Psalm 139:14

• Brenda Hatcher, Jewald, DomenicaStratman and 5 others like this

#63 Brenda Hatcher

Brenda Hatcher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 20 November 2014 - 04:22 PM

Laurie, Terri and the rest of the LC Ladies!

I have to say that I love that you have a 'special extra' added to your LC Ladies Book club LIVE....(ex: the 'woman from history' lesson)  I think it still sets apart the forum from the LIVE setting and helps push us to get to the LIVE event even harder!  I think the ladies who qualify for the LIVE Book Club should continue doing just a little something 'extra' (other than the fact that you get to 'sit down face to face-thru technology' like that's not enough! :P)  but it is a great example to those of us who are striving to get there what the prime example of the 'slight edge' looks like from a leading lady prospective!

Again I can't thank you enough for setting the example of leadership amongst the ladies and I am so excited to see the Porthos Ladies kickin it up a notch and joining in!  Proud of the Team Porthos Musketeer ladies...I can see changes in leadership already just from being on this site with the LC Ladies!  Keep up the great work!  On our way to a million...and beyond!

Love you all!

• Jewald, JuleenRay and sherak like this

Brenda Hatcher

Team PORTHOS Musketeers

#64 sherak

sherak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:21 PM

I'm so Proud to be part of this whole organization,Thank you for all you time and efforts!

• Brenda Hatcher, kcortezano and JuleenRay like this

Sheila Boehmke

Team PORTHOS Musketeers

All For One AND One For All!!!

#65 MicheleP

MicheleP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 03:50 PM

I am re-reading "Sacred Marriage" with all of you and would love to get input form all the LC Ladies about respecting our husbands. I am always looking for ways to understand this since, as a woman, it is like trying to speak Russian or Swedish. "Love & Respect" and the other system books all address this, but it is so vitally important and I know that I am not doing it any where near as well as I should. My ability to respect my husband is a great indicator of my ability to respect my God and I want desperately to do both better. THANKS!!!!! 

• Brenda Hatcher, slpries and kcortezano like this

#66 pe&123

pe&123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:44 PM

Sacred Marriage is an excellent book.  It follows the tenets of my faith that marriage is a call to holiness and that happiness follows.  There were many ideas I had hoped to highlight but I had to borrow the book from my local library, hence I could not write in it.  The book is currently unavailable on the LIFE Leadership website. Once it becomes available I plan to purchase it.

Marriage does indeed expose our sinfulness.  How many times have I had to ask my spouse's forgiveness for things I said or did.  The self often gets in the way.  Marriage is a training ground for dealing with people and life. It is a holy vocation.  If only more people viewed marriage in this manner.  God willing, our marriages will be beacons of light to others and they will long to have what we have. We are called to intimately find God in our marriage. How exciting is that!

• slpries and Polly like this

#67 Brenda Hatcher

Brenda Hatcher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 24 November 2014 - 09:58 PM

As I read through the Sacred Marriage book I am so amazed at God...once again!  The conviction to move toward my spouse is greater than ever.  When I heard Bill Lewis closing his amazing talk at the most recent Major Convention in Milwaukee...in tears, he shared his testimony of the beautiful marriage he and Jackie shared and tied it into the amazing story of David and the loss of his son in the bible....he stated he is now just doing everything he can to continue to move TOWARD Jackie...TOWARD ETERNITY! NOW I GET IT!  That is what this WHOLE BOOK tries to stress to us....its about eternity...its about GOD and when you have it all in line...your marriage is absolutely amazing by default!

This book has opened my eyes to so many challenges in any marriage, including our own. It supplies the resources to correct the wrongs and move TOWARD your spouse...as well as closer to GOD!  And you know God...he is placing people in our life to share this information with as well!  (the devil is a busy character!) This book has come at such an amazing time in our LIFE and I am just bursting at the seams sharing this incredible information! 

Timing is everything...thanks again LC ladies!

• slpries, Jewald, JuleenRay and 3 others like this

Brenda Hatcher

Team PORTHOS Musketeers

#68 Polly

Polly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 02:19 PM

Yes, Amy, I agree, this is now on the top of my list of marriage books, as well! Years ago, I had the opportunity of attending a six month long course on Christian counseling......I thought that it would be an immense aid to me when called to help others through rocky stages in their lives.  To make a long story short, the Lord afforded me this opportunity to open my eyes & my heart to what was really going on inside of me!!  Go figure!  How can we help others, if we are broken inside ourselves!  Well, Sacred Marriage fell along the same lines for me. This was my first time through, but it won't be my last!  From all of the previous comments on this book, it's obvious that the Lord will continue to bring information, circumstances, & people in our lives to "expose" the broken areas in ourselves, so that we can become open to healing.  And what better person to assist in this, than the one we are living with intimately ~ our spouse.  They sure do learn the trigger points to set off our emotions ~ and just because they are "our" emotions, doesn't make them right!  Sacred Marriage makes it so clear that the responsibility we need to call into account is our own.  No blame, just more humility & love.  To love like Christ loves, we need to become more like Him, & yes, this can be very painful.  It will expose the ugliness of our spirit, for the purpose of being redeemed & made beautiful, as first intended by our Creator! It's a selfless lifestyle & not very popular in the world today!  What a great mission we're on in LIFE, to educate the willing, & to salt the oats of the ones who aren't - yet! It's all about snatching as many precious souls as we can out of the claws of satan, pointing them in the direction of our Lord & Savior!  To become more holy, especially when it is so painful, gut-wretching, & seemingly impossible, becomes a glorious victory when we learn to die to self in order to gain everything! As is said in the book ~ "There is no question that marriage limits how much we can do, but it mutiplies what we can become."  Be brave, turn the pages of the book ~ you'll be blessed & will become a blessing for doing so!  Happy reading!

• Brenda Hatcher, slpries, cmallios and 4 others like this

#69 Brenda Hatcher

Brenda Hatcher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:15 PM

I have to agree with Amy and Polly that SACRED MARRIAGE is a definite read for those looking to improve their marriage...I am excited to add this as a must read for everyone...whether they are married, going to be, or will have married couples in their business.  Even though marriage is the union between a man and a woman and that is the main focus of this book...I found many points in this book that would also benefit singles as well! I have been truly blessed by this book  and this book club and all the great insights on the books we are reading, and look forward to starting DEVELOPING THE LEADERS AROUND YOU.......TODAY!

Thanks again ladies!

• JuleenRay likes this

Brenda Hatcher

Team PORTHOS Musketeers

#70 Kristine Mlitello

Kristine Mlitello

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:53 PM

WOW. That is the only word to describe Sacred Marriage.  I can't recommend this book enough for BOTH husbands and wives.  I could post hundreds of nuggets found in this book because they are available on every page, but instead, I wish for you to find your own nuggets as you read it for yourself.  Can't wait for you to experience this book.  And better yet!  Use this book to find your way to a better, stronger marriage and onto the live book study with Laurie Woodward herself! #worthit 

• Brenda Hatcher, DomenicaStratman and JuleenRay like this

#71 Debbie Spolar

Debbie Spolar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:00 PM

Wow! The questions this book puts to us are profound ones.

Will we approach marriage from a God centered view or a man centered view?

What if God designed marriage to make us holy more than to make us happy? Is it possible to enter marriage consciously as a path toward holiness.

What is my marriage doing for me in an eternal perspective?

Do we fall out of love or do we fall out of repentance?

And the one I am asking myself? Why didn't I order more than one of these great books.

Christmas presents!
  • Brenda Hatcher and spartan1 like this

#72 Tina.Abernathy

Tina.Abernathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:03 AM

Hello Ladies!

Don't we just love when the men are able to get together and they come home all charged and determined?

Well I feel just as blessed when I hang out with your guys...I am just as chafed and determined too.

Right now i am  still reading/studying  Sacred Marriage and oh what a blessing it has been.  Right from the beginning I was posed with the question "Do I view God as a master or husband?"  What imagery did you just get?...Exactly..LOL

Then later in the book the whole Aretha anthem R E S P E C T thang came up again...but I know this has been and often is a struggle for me in my marriage.

But to sum up what I am getting so far....it's NOT so much about me and my marriage as it is about me and my GOD who instituted, ordained and loves marriage so let my marriage cause me to seek HIM more so I can love Raymond more so that it all magnifies HIM more....:)

• Brenda Hatcher, SGorton, JuleenRay and 1 other like this

#73 Brenda Hatcher

Brenda Hatcher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 15 December 2014 - 11:47 PM

Hello Ladies!

Don't we just love when the men are able to get together and they come home all charged and determined?

Well I feel just as blessed when I hang out with your guys...I am just as chafed and determined too.

Right now i am  still reading/studying  Sacred Marriage and oh what a blessing it has been.  Right from the beginning I was posed with the question "Do I view God as a master or husband?"  What imagery did you just get?...Exactly..LOL

Then later in the book the whole Aretha anthem R E S P E C T thang came up again...but I know this has been and often is a struggle for me in my marriage.

But to sum up what I am getting so far....it's NOT so much about me and my marriage as it is about me and my GOD who instituted, ordained and loves marriage so let my marriage cause me to seek HIM more so I can love Raymond more so that it all magnifies HIM more.... :)

As my beautiful mentor Jackie Lewis would say..........AMEN SISTA!!!!!!!!!!

• JuleenRay and Tina.Abernathy like this

Brenda Hatcher

Team PORTHOS Musketeers

#74 sgtmom1-Angel

sgtmom1-Angel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationFielding, Utah

Posted 24 December 2014 - 11:35 PM

Just finished Becoming a Woman who Listens to God. Yes, a little bit behind in this reading group. I enjoyed the stories within and the recognition and seeing His hand in our daily lives. I see it everyday and I do my best to listen for His council. At times this can be hard because of circumstance, but truly it is easier than kicking at the brick wall. I know if I do as He directs, He will provide a way.

My husband and I found a great book to recommend, An Eight Woman Deserves an Eight Cow Man by Tracy Lyn Cutler an excellent book on critical character traits needing for fulfilling lasting relationships. I picked it up at Costco or Sams club a few years back.

Thank you again.

http://freedomlifeli...e.blogspot.com/

Listening to many, many Audios and Reading from several books at once, absorbing and integrating the information, Transforming myself into the woman I need to be to fulfill my mission and purpose which Heavenly Father put me me on earth to do.  

#75 Brenda Hatcher

Brenda Hatcher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 29 December 2014 - 07:55 PM

I am so grateful for this book club.  I have a confession to make....I have been so engrossed in relationship, faith-based, and the top five books, that I always just let my husband read the "leadership" books (specifically the Maxwell books that I assumed all said the 'same thing') I have read many of the monthly subscription books on leadership...but if it was a John Maxwell book, I always seemed to throw it to the side.  WOW HAVE I BEEN DUMB!  haha  okay, not literally dumb, but....I cannot believe I had such "ding dong" thinking!

I cannot thank you enough for making "Developing the Leaders Around You" the December book!  It was amazing.  I realize now so many things that I could have done to enlighten my team and help them to move forward in confidence.  (and myself!) And I know it has probably stunted our team from amazing growth!  I was so stinkin' excited when I finished reading and journalling the book that I started reading "Developing the Leader WITHIN You"....WOW!

I had so many "AHA" moments throughout this book.  Two of my favorite parts were:

1)  Nurturing people....Believe in them! Encourage them! Share with them! Trust them! 

2) The best way to 'reward' your mentor is with your own progress and growth! Nobody deserves to see us lead and produce more leaders than Bill (and Jackie) Lewis!

Just too much for me to mention...as I said many "AHA" moments!

I remember someone being asked on stage (I believe it was the Spolar's at the last seminar) if there is one thing you wished you had started sooner in the business what would it be?  Well I KNOW NOW!  I would have read MAXWELL books!  GEESH!

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!  I know our team is going to see some amazing growth just from what I have learned and can apply to our team from this incredible book!  All this time they were starving for leadership that was right at my fingertips!  LADIES....don't make the mistake I made thinking my husband can read the leadership books and I'll read the relationship 'fun' books....we are all leaders! 

All for ONE and One for ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• JuleenRay likes this

Brenda Hatcher

Team PORTHOS Musketeers

#76 AmaliaC

AmaliaC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationBrantford, Ontario, Canada

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:48 PM

Hi There,

I'm wondering if the book for January has been selected.  I didn't see it.

Thanks

Amalia

• JuleenRay likes this

Amalia
     <><  

#77 Farrah Sargent

Farrah Sargent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 08:34 AM

I believe that this is the book for January: Trusting God Even When Life Hurts- Jerry Bridges 

• SGorton and JuleenRay like this

#78 Polly

Polly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 02:42 PM

We just had our call with Laurie yesterday on John Maxwell's book, Developing the Leaders Around You, & what a great call it was!  The ladies have so much wisdom to share, & I learn something from everyone of them!! In the book, John says that true leaders are able to attract potential leaders because: Leaders tend to think like them, they express feelings that other potential leaders sense, they create an environment that attracts potential leaders, & leaders are not threatened by people with great potential.  Leaders who mentor potential leaders multiply their effectiveness, & delegation is one of the most powerful tools a leader has!  That's just a very few of the nuggets we learned from the book.  The best part was Laurie's closing comments ~ here's a few: when a leader's goal is just acceptability, instead of excellence, then those that follow will just be acceptable; am I becoming better, or just on another step in the journey; integrity gives us firm footing ~ our word is our worth!  You've got to get yourself on the call!!  It's so worth it!  Johm Maxwell is great, but Orrin & Laurie are exceptional!!  

• Jewald and Marti Ray like this

#79 Rita Haas

Rita Haas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 11:05 PM

Hello Life Ladies!

Laurie's keeping all of us with a book in our hands.  No time to waste.  Developing the Leaders Around You by John Maxwell is a bullet point book but full of wisdom!  He has a checklist for every part of creating leaders, identifying leaders, nurturing leaders, equipping leaders, developing leaders, coaching leaders, and duplicating leaders!  It's a quick read but so thorough in the steps it takes to lead.

Page 32 has Questions on Commitment to Personal Growth......  So it occurred to me... You'll have a great team after you become a great leader.

1) Do I have a game plan for personal growth?

2) Am I the leader of that plan?

3) Am I willing to change to keep growing, even if it means giving up my current position if I am not experiencing growth?

4) Is my life an example for others to follow?

5) Am I willing to pay the price to become a great leader?

"A lack of commitment on the part of a leader makes it difficult for potential leaders around him to be developed."

"Poor commitment equals poor development; great commitment equals great development."

So, as I ask myself question #1 in each of the 8 F's, am I leading myself in each of them?  .....Thank goodness for Grace!! ..... Thank goodness I can keep trying my best each day!!

Even though my 8 F's wheel is still off balance, I'll have a great team after I'm willing to pay the price to become a great leader.  Keep moving ahead!

• Jewald, noudjeff and RuthAnnMeyer like this

#80 Marti Ray

Marti Ray

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:56 PM

good Morning I am really enjoying Trusting God even when Life hurts  is there a book for Feb. that has been selected yet? I really appreciate reading the comments from all the ladies on the site.  I feel that I am gaining courage to reach beyond my limits from what is shared.  Thanks Marti

• Jewald, DomenicaStratman, JuleenRay and 1 other like this

#81 betz01

betz01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:00 PM

I am really enjoying reading all the insights from everyone.  It sure helps a person keep on keeping on.  Looking forward to a great year.

#82 Laurie

Laurie

• PC
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:12 PM

Hello!!!

I just updated my first post with a list of books that the LC ladies have chosen for our upcoming discussions. I hope you are running hard to get qualified for your up-line Life Coaches call.  Last month I joined Amy's discussion group and Wow! Those leading ladies are sharp.  We had some great comments on the book Developing the Leaders Around You. There were many great principles to learn from.  One of the most difficult principles to master for many of us is that of delegation.   Delegation is not completely letting go rather, it is something a leader does to magnify the results of an organization.  True delegation requires 2 steps: expect and inspect.  It is important to expect great things from teammates but, as a leader, one must also inspect to insure the result is accomplished.  Without delegation a leader is limited to his own efforts and time, however, with delegation, the leaders production is practically unlimited.  I recently hired a new personal assistant to help me accomplish my various responsibilities.  I was amazed at how difficult it was for me to let her do the tasks that I definitely did not need to be doing. Maxwell talks about some of the reasons delegation is so hard:

1.  Insecurity

2.  Lack of Confidence in others

3.  Lack of ability to  train others

4.  Personal enjoyment of the task

5.  Habit

6.  Inability to find someone else to do it

7.  Reluctance caused by past failures

8.  Lack of time

9.  An "I do it best" mind-set

I discovered that it wasn't just one of these reasons, but several that played a part in making delegation hard for me.  Once I identified the reasons, I could address them and move forward.  While delegation is not a natural or easy process for me, I have realized it is the main way that leaders can extend their reach.  

In contrast, delegation is not management. It is not you asking people to do what you are unwilling to do.  Instead delegation is teaching others to do what you do. If delegation is difficult for you, I encourage you to go back and re-read Maxwell's section on this and become a master of delegation because all great leaders are great delegators.

Hope you are all enjoying Trusting God, Even When Life Hurts by Jerry Bridges.  For a great glimpse on the book check out Amy's post above.   

BTW, for the ladies that will be joining me on our next zoom conference, I WILL be in my new office  :)  :)

Love and God Bless,

:wub: Laurie

Never forget YOU are fearfully and wonderfully made! Psalm 139:14

• DomenicaStratman, LyndaVarada, spartan1 and 2 others like this

#83 Brenda Hatcher

Brenda Hatcher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 04 February 2015 - 04:31 PM

Trusting God was a superb book! I got so much out of it but I think the most that affected me was the combination of the two verses Phil 4:13 and John 15:5 stating the same truth that: Without His strength we can do nothing, but with it we can do ALL we need to do! (pg 200)

As I sat on the beach in California finishing the last pages of this book and feeling closer to God more than ever before I realized the information in this book helped me to have more closure with the loss of our dear leader and friend Jackie Lewis. Pg 206 states "For the believer all pain has meaning; all adversity is profitable." Adversity is difficult, painful and takes us by surprise. BUT GOD.....has a purpose in every pain He allows into our lives and at some point it will glorify Him.

Bottom line for me is there is no gray area with God....its very black or white. YOU EITHER TRUST HIM...OR YOU DON'T! Thank you for the great recommendation of this book!

Brenda Hatcher

Team PORTHOS Musketeers

#84 slpries

slpries

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 09:04 AM

Welcome to the Ladies Life Coach Corner.  Here,  we will be giving our favorite tidbits from the books we are reading for our   monthly LIFE Coach book clubs.  We would love for you to come join us so get with your up line to find out details on how to qualify.  The book we will be discussing in October is “Becoming a Woman Who Listens to God” by Sharon Jaynes. Even if you aren’t able to join your LIFE Coach’s book club yet, we strongly encourage you to read the book anyway.  So grab your copy today (check the LIFE website) and start reading along with us.  OK, so I'm sure some of you are thinking "Awesome, I will start my own book club!" DON'T DO IT :-)  We have walked down this road and found, for many reasons, LIFE Coach is the right level to have a book club., We follow a principle that says "Teach the teachers to teach".  RememberReading is the magic key to take you to where you want to be. So... Read, read, read.  Not all readers are great leaders BUT every truly great leader is a great reader.  Make sure you check in frequently and see what’s new…

Upcoming LC ladies book choices:

November:Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas

December: Developing The Leaders Around You -John Maxwell

January: Trusting God Even When Life Hurts- Jerry Bridges

February: Read The 4:8 Principle for  March discussion
March:  Read Becoming the Woman of His Dreams, for April discussion
April:  Read LLR for May discussion
May:  Read 12 Ordinary Men for June discussion
June: Read Leadership Train for July discussion
July: Read Fierce Woman for August discussion

Last time I looked, I did not find "Trusting God..." on our site to purchase.  Did I just miss it?  Are the other books going to be available?  Love this book club.  Thanks so much, Laurie & leading ladies.

#85 Life Forum Admin

Life Forum Admin

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:57 AM

Last time I looked, I did not find "Trusting God..." on our site to purchase.  Did I just miss it?  Are the other books going to be available?  Love this book club.  Thanks so much, Laurie & leading ladies.

Right now that book is listed as "Out of stock" and that you should check back within 14 days.  I do expect that the other books would be available at the site...also look for them at the Winter Leadership Convention.

• slpries likes this

#86 Malia Johansen

Malia Johansen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:31 AM

How wonderful!! Thank you Laurie for creating this! I look forward reading all the posts from all the amazing LIFE Leadership ladies. I truly feel blessed to be on this journey with you all!

Much Aloha!

#87 JennieStiehl

JennieStiehl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:41 AM

I have been reading Becoming the Woman of His Dreams and loving it. I really thought I was doing well as a wife, that I was being attentive enough, encouraging enough, and available enough, but this book has really opened my eyes to just how much more I could and should be doing for my husband. I can't wait to finish and keep applying the principles to our marriage and making it the best marriage God intended it to be. 

#88 Ta.darling

Ta.darling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:57 PM

Thank you for recommending such great books & helping us to want to stay accountable!! Just what I need! Our Life Coach Ladies Rock! Love you all!

#89 Jeremy & Echelle Slade

Jeremy & Echelle Slade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:14 PM

I absolutely love love love love Laurie's book club! The first couple of times, I felt a little uneasy talking to such amazing leaders about my impressions of the books. But Laurie and all of the other leaders are so real and so amazing!  It was so fun to see each of them in their own comfortable environments spilling their thoughts on such intimate topics.  I am so grateful and excited to learn more and it is so motivating to me to make sure to finish the books and take the opportunity to really dig deep on the topics.  It has made me feel so much for secure as my place as a leader not only because of the books we are reading, but also because of seeing such sweet ladies share their stories as wonderful friends.  I am so excited for more of our teammates to get on the call.  We love you, Laurie!  Thanks so such a fun and educational experience!

Echelle Slade

Rising Tide

Team One Purpose

Jeremy & Echelle Slade

#90 Jewald

Jewald

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:39 AM

Love this forum & appreciate the opportunity to read the books the leading ladies are talking about. Thank you!!!! The 4:8 Principle was such a blessing to me. I was reading this book while my husband & I were at the airport to fly to FL last Thursday, when we received the call that my Mom-In-Law, Darlene Ewald, had passed away. Even in the midst of our shock and grief, we could so clearly see the hand of God in the minor details of our life. We can attest that even in the depths of grief, we have an unshakable faith! My quest is an ever-increasing, joy, peace & enthusiasm to share with my family, community & world.

June Ewald

Revolution Rising!!

• Brenda Hatcher and Samuel Corey like this

#91 Emmalee.Morse

Emmalee.Morse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationColumbia, TN

Posted 23 March 2015 - 09:04 PM

Bit the bullet this month and dove into the the books from the reading list for the Life Coach Ladies Book Clubs. Not being on the call, this is still such an opportunity to grow in this area of my life. I simply devoured Becoming the Woman of His Dreams by Sharon Jaynes.

I grew up in a family where God and the Marriage were not the center of the home. My mother always said, "what's his is mine and what's mine is mine."  My mother always found her sufficiency in what she was able to accomplish with her children,at work, or volunteering in a classroom. For 6 years she was teaching half-day kindergarten and then coming home to place her children in every enrichment activity under the sun and rush home to pull dinner together when dad came home. Then my brother was off to school all day, i was off to day care all day, and she went back to school "FULL TIME" as a first grade teacher. As full time educator in an inner city school, quality time with her was performing some act of service at home in the evenings from the age of 5 on. I could match names and sort papers for student portolios, sort crayons for at their desk, cut a roll of brown paper towel into even stacks, and later i was even grading papers for her. Our family life revolved on her need to spend time preparing her classroom for th next week. My father just sat at a distance and watched, if he was home. He spent many nights out with the boys participating in sports and spending time with his best friend the bottle. Around 3rd grade, he stopped bowlling and playing softball but Golf was two nights a week. His drinking slowed and this temeperment changed. We still barely saw him and when we did, he was wolf sulking in a corner ready to snarl and bark at you for the very least thing.

Their "couples" weekends and date nights quickly dwindled. My mom invested more and more energy into her life at school, scouts for her kids, and other social organizations. Dad was gone more and more as AC Spark Plug pushed him up the ladder and transformed over the years. Weeks upon weeks he'd be gone before I could get up on his way to Troy or we'd be dropping him off at Flint Bishop to fly off to Rochester or Pocono. You just never new where he would be. Would it be a family dinner? Would we go to church as a family? The world of work and life just ripped our household to shreds. We whorshipped the "GOD" of sports travelling over the state and midwest with his teams.

My model of a "Marriage" was so swayed by what the "We are Women HEAR us Roar" generation taught about self suficiency and reliance upon self, I'm needing books like this and all the wonderful information on this forum. The only role models I have for marriage that truly works are the leading ladies of LIFE LEADERSHIP.

Looking at what Sharon Jaynes taught my biggest throughts were"

1. Everyday, I notice my tendency to try create a seperateness of life that wasn't intended in a marriage. Having devoured this book, I can watch for these moments and speak the nearness I desire into being thru action and word.
  2. Respect in word action and deed. So often, I thought that I knew what respect meant and I treated my husband that way. Looking at the 25 ways to respect your husband, I see where I can grow here as well encouraging him to draw nearer to me.
  3. I'm more aware of the way in which other women live these principles in their lives. At the Atanta seminar this month, i was captivated by the Varada's. I especailly noticed the respect Lynda paid to Venkat by not only turning her eyes to look at him but by turning her entire body to look at him as he spoke, especially during the ticket holder.

Looking forward to readying Launching a Leadership Rebellion in April, and working my way backward through the books the Ladies have already read. Such a wealth of knowledge and example for us all exudes from the posts by the leading ladies in this forum.

• slpries, Ammon Nelson and Venkat Varada like this

#92 Venkat Varada

Venkat Varada

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:53 PM

We had a great time on the Zoom discussing Sharon Jaynes book 'Becoming the Woman of his Dreams'.  It was the second time i read this book and I remember the first time it was a very tough read and a lot of seeds were planted.  Basically I just had to grow into this book.  First time I read it I just struggled and fought with the idea.  But watching women like Amy Marks and Laurie Woodward show unconditional respect and model that consistently made the path so much clearer.  And who knew how much peace that one thought could create in a home and in a marriage.  Of course I want to be loved unconditionally, but I never thought about the reverse.  Thank you, Laurie Woodward, for constantly putting the right book in front of us and modeling what the virtuous cycle in a marriage looks like.  

The month before we read the 4:8 Principle by Tommy Newberry.  I have to tell you all, its been the most helpful book for managing my emotions thus far.  I really cannot recommend this book enough.  It puts what matters most front and center and has helped me not get hijacked by negative emotions.  We are all growing and changing and some days that is easier said than done. Books like this, and what your coach/mentor is recommending will help in more ways than you can imagine.  Its so exciting to think of all the ladies who are part of the great dialogue of these great books.

I'm loving re-reading Launching a Leadership Revolution by Orrin Woodward and Chris Brady.  What a fantastic book!  It speaks to me in new ways every time I read it.  I'm so proud to be associated with this organization.  I'm learning how to shift into the appropriate leadership level for the job at hand.  Can't wait to hear what everyone else is getting out of their reading.

Lynda Varada <><

• slpries likes this

#93 debydawn

debydawn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 01:25 PM

I just loved this book (2nd time around) too. It is completely worthy of many PRAISES (the acronym) for PRAY, RESPECT,ADORE,INITIATE,SAFEGUARD, ENCOURAGE, AND SEXUAL FULFILLMENT. I need to be reminded to strive to become the woman of my husband's dreams. I really had a great time sharing and hearing from the ladies on the call today. They are such good leading ladies of strength who are always in the learning zone. How refreshing to know that these women are out there sharing the wonderful blessings they receive from these wonderful books. 

Keep absorbing this great info.

"Make the most of the best and the least of the worst."

Smiles,

Debbie Spolar

• slpries and LyndaVarada like this

#94 Rita Haas

Rita Haas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:39 PM

Hello, Up and coming LC ladies!
I am so proud of every lady reading and participating in this book club with Laurie. I feel blessed to be apart of a group of women who are intentional toward personal growth. The latest book, "Becoming the Woman of His Dreams" is a must read for your marriage. Be prepared to be challenged in improving the 7 qualities every man longs for. It can be an awkward topic when past mistakes are brought up or discussed. No one likes to feel wrong but this book will help with those areas where women could put a higher priority in marriage. I loved the challenge Laurie gave us which is to pick 1 thing on the list you will work to improve on. That's where true leadership is shown. Application of new information. Thanks to all LC ladies for getting uncomfortable to show us how it's done.
  • slpries and LyndaVarada like this

#95 slpries

slpries

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 08:03 AM

Bit the bullet this month and dove into the the books from the reading list for the Life Coach Ladies Book Clubs. Not being on the call, this is still such an opportunity to grow in this area of my life. I simply devoured Becoming the Woman of His Dreams by Sharon Jaynes.

I grew up in a family where God and the Marriage were not the center of the home. My mother always said, "what's his is mine and what's mine is mine."  My mother always found her sufficiency in what she was able to accomplish with her children,at work, or volunteering in a classroom. For 6 years she was teaching half-day kindergarten and then coming home to place her children in every enrichment activity under the sun and rush home to pull dinner together when dad came home. Then my brother was off to school all day, i was off to day care all day, and she went back to school "FULL TIME" as a first grade teacher. As full time educator in an inner city school, quality time with her was performing some act of service at home in the evenings from the age of 5 on. I could match names and sort papers for student portolios, sort crayons for at their desk, cut a roll of brown paper towel into even stacks, and later i was even grading papers for her. Our family life revolved on her need to spend time preparing her classroom for th next week. My father just sat at a distance and watched, if he was home. He spent many nights out with the boys participating in sports and spending time with his best friend the bottle. Around 3rd grade, he stopped bowlling and playing softball but Golf was two nights a week. His drinking slowed and this temeperment changed. We still barely saw him and when we did, he was wolf sulking in a corner ready to snarl and bark at you for the very least thing.

Their "couples" weekends and date nights quickly dwindled. My mom invested more and more energy into her life at school, scouts for her kids, and other social organizations. Dad was gone more and more as AC Spark Plug pushed him up the ladder and transformed over the years. Weeks upon weeks he'd be gone before I could get up on his way to Troy or we'd be dropping him off at Flint Bishop to fly off to Rochester or Pocono. You just never new where he would be. Would it be a family dinner? Would we go to church as a family? The world of work and life just ripped our household to shreds. We whorshipped the "GOD" of sports travelling over the state and midwest with his teams.

My model of a "Marriage" was so swayed by what the "We are Women HEAR us Roar" generation taught about self suficiency and reliance upon self, I'm needing books like this and all the wonderful information on this forum. The only role models I have for marriage that truly works are the leading ladies of LIFE LEADERSHIP.

Looking at what Sharon Jaynes taught my biggest throughts were"

1. Everyday, I notice my tendency to try create a seperateness of life that wasn't intended in a marriage. Having devoured this book, I can watch for these moments and speak the nearness I desire into being thru action and word.
  2. Respect in word action and deed. So often, I thought that I knew what respect meant and I treated my husband that way. Looking at the 25 ways to respect your husband, I see where I can grow here as well encouraging him to draw nearer to me.
  3. I'm more aware of the way in which other women live these principles in their lives. At the Atanta seminar this month, i was captivated by the Varada's. I especailly noticed the respect Lynda paid to Venkat by not only turning her eyes to look at him but by turning her entire body to look at him as he spoke, especially during the ticket holder.

Looking forward to readying Launching a Leadership Rebellion in April, and working my way backward through the books the Ladies have already read. Such a wealth of knowledge and example for us all exudes from the posts by the leading ladies in this forum.

Wow!!! My story, too, except that my mom didn't work out of the house until I was a little older & did not need day care; however, I was old enough then to do a LOT of the house work & the meals daily.  Our early marriage was the same though & I totally agree with you that these Leading Ladies all the way up the line are very inspiring and the examples they LIVE show me how to be the wife God intended.  Just remembering an early house plan where I was asked what I wanted.  My response was "to be a good wife  to my husband".  Had forgot that.  God obviously  heard because our marriage has improved ever since.  Will have to back I check the 25 ways to respect your husband.  This is one area (besides "mine") that I still really need to grow.

#96 Adam & Teesa Rossman

Adam & Teesa Rossman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationRockford, IL

Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:22 AM

Does the LIFE site carry "Fierce Woman"?  I can't seem to find it.

-Teesa

#97 Rita Haas

Rita Haas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 08:29 AM

I am so glad Laurie chose the LLR for the Ladies to read this past month. One nugget Laurie mentioned on the Coord call was that this book and the Life builders text book are essential to success in the Life business. Oh so true! Every time I read them I learn more. The LLR helps keep me focused on others and what I can do as a leader for my team.
Love ya!
Rita
  • Brenda Kilhoffer likes this

#98 Kelli Sager

Kelli Sager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 02:01 PM

-Teesa

No  , it does not . But it's an awesome book ! One of the best I've ever read !

Kelli

#99 Marie Maud Laplanche

Marie Maud Laplanche

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationHaiti

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:12 PM

I am glad to be part of that group, and for the past 6 months I have learned so much that sometimes I don't even recognize myself ( in a positive way of course ).

It was actually the 3rd time i read the LLR book and I am proud that Haiti has been part of the New Orleans Battle and again we will be part of the leadership revolution that Life Leadership is making.

This book reminded me some nuggets :

1- that we don't know what we don't know and that we should never stop learning, better we should learn on a daily basis .

2- as leaders we must have have an open and inquisitive mind and be slow to jump to conclusions based on previous assumptions.

3-  we should lead by example and be a person of honor

4- we should live by our priorities by treating time with respect and value it for the learning opportunity.

And as it is said in page 142 : " life brings sorrows and joys alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle ".

Thank you Laurie for this opportunity and may God bless you

Marie Maud 

#100 slpries

slpries

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 04:42 PM

-Teesa

Just found this & 12 ordinary men in the LADIES BOOK CLUB separate listing under shopping.   :D  :D  :D  So excited.  I've been looking for this on the site.  Thank you!!! Thank you!!!  Best place to get these wonderful books.

• Brenda Hatcher and Michelle Turner like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users