136 replies to this topic

#1 Laurie

Laurie

• PC
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:01 PM

POPULAR

Welcome to the Ladies Life Coach Corner.  Here,  we will be giving our favorite tidbits from the books we are reading for our   monthly LIFE Coach book clubs.  We would love for you to come join us so get with your up line to find out details on how to qualify.  The book we will be discussing in October is “Becoming a Woman Who Listens to God” by Sharon Jaynes. Even if you aren’t able to join your LIFE Coach’s book club yet, we strongly encourage you to read the book anyway.  So grab your copy today (check the LIFE website) and start reading along with us.  OK, so I'm sure some of you are thinking "Awesome, I will start my own book club!" DON'T DO IT :-)  We have walked down this road and found, for many reasons, LIFE Coach is the right level to have a book club., We follow a principle that says "Teach the teachers to teach".  RememberReading is the magic key to take you to where you want to be. So... Read, read, read.  Not all readers are great leaders BUT every truly great leader is a great reader.  Make sure you check in frequently and see what’s new…

Upcoming LC ladies book choices:

November:Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas

December: Developing The Leaders Around You -John Maxwell

January: Trusting God Even When Life Hurts- Jerry Bridges

February: Read The 4:8 Principle for  March discussion
March:  Read Becoming the Woman of His Dreams, for April discussion
April:  Read LLR for May discussion
May:  Read 12 Ordinary Men for June discussion
June: Read Leadership Train for July discussion
July: Read Fierce Woman for August discussionAugust: Read "52 Things Husbands Need from Their Wives" by Jay Pateiner for Sept. discussion

September: Read "E.Q. Emotional Intelligence" by Bradberry and Greaves for October discussion

October: Read "Lifebuilders Text Book" for November discussion

November: Read "Life Management for Busy Women" by Elizabeth George for December discussion

December: Read "Becoming your Spouses Better Half" by Rick Johnson for January discussion

January:  Read "Lies Woman Believe" by Nancy Leigh DeMoss for February  discussion

February: Read "How I Raised Myself from Failure to Success in Selling" by Frank Bettger for March discussion

March: Read "Sacred Pathways" by Gary Thomas for April discussion

April:  Read "Hand Me Another Brick" by Charles Swindoll for May discussion

May:  Read "Letters to Lindsey" by Terri Brady for June discussion

June:  Read "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill for July discussion

July:  Read "Leadership and Self-Deception by the Arbinger Institute for August discussion

August:  Read: "5 Languages of Apology" by Gary Chapman for September discussion

September: Read "For Woman Only" by Shaunti Feldhahn for October discussion

October:  Read Book of your choosing for November Discussion (Life long Love by Gary Thomas)

November:  Read “The Compound Effect” by Darren Hardy for December Discussion

December:  Read “Bringing Out the Best in People” by Alan Loy McGinnis for January Discussion

January:  Read “Talent is Overrated “ by Geoffrey Colvin For February Discussion

February Read    Top 5 Books for a community wide zoom for MARCH. Please let me know which of the top 5 you would like to talk about on the zoom

March     Read     "Financial Fitness" book from FFP.  for APRIL discussion

April        Read     "Do Your Kids a Favor and Love Your Spouse" by Kendra Smiley with John Smiley for MAY discussion

May        Read      "Improving Your Serve" by Charles Swindoll for JUNE discussion

June       Read      "Toughen Up" by Claude for JULY discussion

July        Read       "Age of Opportunity" by Paul David Tripp for AUGUST discussion

• Brenda Hatcher, SGorton, chgirard and 226 others like this

#2 Terri Brady

Terri Brady

• PC
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:10 PM

I am excited about THIS forum!! I remember a day when I was sharing a hotel room with Laurie Woodward, because we were both just getting started in our own businesses. The meetings let out late at night, but when we got to the room, Laurie did NOT turn out the light! She sat in bed and began READING late into the night! She was living Proverbs 31:18 ("She perceives that her merchandise is good, and her lamp does not go out at night.") IN ACTION! Reading is what makes leading possible - as Laurie has shown! Hence why I am so excited by this forum. I hope it inspires others to burn the midnight oil!

So what would I have to say about Sharon Jaynes' book, Becoming a Woman Who Listens to God? I love the story on p. 46, when she was wondering why people only wait until they are sick to go to the doctor, and she realized that maybe that is how God feels - why do we wait until we are sick and in need to go to Him?

She had another valid point on p. 72 - that we should never interpret Scripture through the lens of our circumstances, but rather interpret our circumstances through the lens of Scripture! Oh yeah - I suppose that means that we are reading the Scripture? which is what this book inspired me to do. Whether a first time reader, not ever reading the Bible before, or an experienced Bible teacher, the lens through which we see our lives matters.

How I see even my LIFE business through the lens of Scripture matters. I like that Jaynes says, (p.83) "We tend to value commerce over community, accomplishment over accompaniment, and solving a problem over savoring a moment." It reminds me of the tendency of the 95% world, but not of the Life community - as people come first here. Community matters! Savoring moments matters!  

"God created man and woman in His own image, and with that in mind, we should view every encounter with another human being as an opportunity to see some characteristic of God." She takes time to go through people's lives - those people of the Bible - and show how the encounters with even the ordinary people show those characteristics of God. It allowed me to read my Bible with better eyes - which allowed me to view my life through that lens - seeing ordinary people as created by an extraordinary Creator.

She said, "The Lord has written us a wonderful love letter to teach us how to drive safely through life." I loved how this book inspired me to read more, understand more, and listen more to the message from that Letter (the Bible) itself! 

• Brenda Hatcher, SGorton, sherryfix and 43 others like this
Gal 6:9-10
Check out my blog, "Letters to Lindsey" at http://terribradyblog.com.

#3 DomenicaStratman

DomenicaStratman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:54 PM

Thank you for organizing this forum just for us ladies! It's an honor to read along side of such incredible Women of God. Thank you for leading the way and for creating a safe place for God to work through the encouragement and support of other believers. I ordered my book today and look forward to all the growth and blessing to follow. 

• holly.lambert, LyndaVarada and salyndac like this

#4 Kristine Mlitello

Kristine Mlitello

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:34 AM

I remember the first time I ever heard of Laurie Woodward hosting a book discussion..... I wasn't qualified to attend.  THAT MOTIVATED ME!  I wanted to be around Laurie Woodward, so I started where I could- by reading every monthly book Laurie Woodward chose!  I knew that if Laurie Woodward was recommending a book, it was to help me grow!  So I dug in and started, all by myself.  I did that for an entire year.  And guess what!? At the end of that year, I was qualified to attend!!!! I know reading those books helped me grow as a wife and leader, which helped our business grow too!  So dig in and JOIN US!  Thank you Laurie!  You are always helping all of us grow into the women God has called us to be. xo 

• slpries, Jewald, kcortezano and 11 others like this

#5 Laurie

Laurie

• PC
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:20 PM

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted send out a quick apology. Due to a communication error some of the previous comments from this forum were deleted. I am so sorry.   :( 

Please feel free to leave your comments, we would love to read them.  I hope you are all enjoying "Becoming a Woman Who Listens to God"  and can't wait for you to join our discussion groups!!  

:wub: Laurie

Never forget, you are "Fearfully and wonderfully made"

• Jewald, kcortezano, smiesmom and 3 others like this

#6 peggipkern

peggipkern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 13 September 2014 - 10:47 PM

I can't wait to read the book!  Thanks so much for starting the Ladies' LIFE Coach Corner!  I look forward to learning from all of you, as well as the books we will read together. 

• slpries, Jewald, Farrah Sargent and 1 other like this
Peggi

#7 Elizabeth Sieracki

Elizabeth Sieracki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 12:46 PM

This is so exciting!!  Thank you so much Laurie for continuing to invest in the growth of your Lady Leaders.  I look forward to learning and growing with each and every one of you.   :rolleyes:

• slpries, Jewald, Dolores Martin and 2 others like this

#8 Free@43

Free@43

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:12 AM

Good Morning!   

How do we qualify!??!?!

Thanks 

Amy  :D

• slpries and salyndac like this

#9 sgtmom1-Angel

sgtmom1-Angel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationFielding, Utah

Posted 15 September 2014 - 12:12 PM

These books were passed down to me from February to read:

List of books for your ladies.
1.  The Power of a Woman's Words by Sharon Jaynes*
2.  Building your Mates  Self-esteem-Rainey*
3.  Finding the Hero in Your Husband- can't remember author.*
4.  Proper Care & Feeding of Yoyr Marriage-Dr. Laura Schlessinger
5.  DNA of  Relationships-Smalley
We purchased * these books so far for our daughter plus the top 5 books for our daughter. I have borrowed her books to read them. I actually need to get my own copy, as she requested I do not write in her books. 
Thank you for the impact on my life and marriage. Making a good marriage great.

We have added a couple of books specific for our kids.
-And They Were Not Ashamed by Laura Brotherson
-The Five Love Languages (Series) by Gary Chapman 

• Jewald, p&gzills, Sonya Withrow and 1 other like this

http://freedomlifeli...e.blogspot.com/

Listening to many, many Audios and Reading from several books at once, absorbing and integrating the information, Transforming myself into the woman I need to be to fulfill my mission and purpose which Heavenly Father put me me on earth to do.  

#10 lisahawkins

lisahawkins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:49 PM

What a wonderful opportunity that every lady in LIFE Leadership now has...to mentor with Laurie Woodward and the other Life Coach ladies, to not only find out what they are currently reading but what their interpretation is of what they just read. Thank you ladies for taking time out of your busy schedules for all of us to glean this incredible information! And thank you to all of the ladies that are choosing to participate and read "Becoming A Woman Who Listens to God."  Sharon Jaynes happens to be one of my favorite lady authors and I'm excited that her book will kick off this book club!  Sharon's book encouraged me to visit my bible on several occasions while reading her book.  I love her quote, "a bible that is falling apart usually belongs to a person who isn't."  How true that statement is! I appreciate her perspective as how we should view the bible as a love letter, written to each of us.  I felt truly convicted by the paragraph on pg 50 where she states, "Prayer is not meant to change God's mind, but to align our thinking with God's.  When we begin our prayer with praise, we take the focus off of ourselves and fix it on God.  When we pray for God's will to be done, we take the focus off of our desires and fix it to God's desires for our lives."  Amen to that! Thank you again Laurie for introducing this book to me and for encouraging me to read it again!  I am a truly blessed woman who is trying daily to become a woman who listens to God!

• slpries, Jewald, kcortezano and 8 others like this

#11 Tina.Abernathy

Tina.Abernathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:20 PM

Love this Forum!!

Thank you to the LC Leading ladies and especially to my LC lady Laurie Woodward for all that each of you do to help us grow.  

I am excited to learn from the ladies from across the countries and soon across the world on what they have learned and applied from the books you all select.

So to be a part of the collective, I would first say that I absolutely love the writing style of Sharon.  You can tell she is attempting to live out her faith, studies the WORD and then is transparent enough to share so that I can become who God created me to be.

Right away the love letter reference struck me because what woman, young woman or even pre-teen doesn't want to get a love letter.  So to think of the WORD as such is powerful and will stay with me.

Still reading and listening more intently for God to speak to me through the mundane so that I can see, hear and share HIS magnificence!!

AaaaaOoooo

• Brenda Hatcher, Jewald, kcortezano and 3 others like this

#12 Jewald

Jewald

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 17 September 2014 - 02:55 PM

I love this forum & am so enjoying this book "Becoming a Woman Who Listens to God" - that is exactly what I want to be. Sharon's book has touched my heart already.

I am excited to run to for the qualification to be part of this book club. My Mentor already said "you can do it!"

Thank you!!

• salyndac likes this

#13 Usagi1816

Usagi1816

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:52 PM

I'm extremely excited for this forum!! I've ordered my copy and will be eagerly waiting for it in the mail!!! As soon as I receive it, I'm diving right into it!!  Thank you sooooo much!! I'm fired up!!!!   :D

• Jewald and ZarinaEnurf like this

#14 chstone

chstone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:25 PM

Just finishing our Names of the Holy Spirit lessons in our Bible Leadership class at church looks like it will be a help in my preparation for this book.  The outline is intriguing, Counterfeits and imposters and barriers to Listening, powerful stuff.

How exciting this is to be part of such an amazing team of Lady Leaders, learning to love and lead Gods way. I feel blessed to read along and look forward to long term participation as I grow into greater and greater levels of leadership.

Fired up for Freedom

Carissa

• salyndac likes this

#15 Brenda Hatcher

Brenda Hatcher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 18 September 2014 - 03:04 PM

LADIES EVERYWHERE!  This opportunity to be reading the same book as the LIFE COACH LADIES group is tremendous!  It is definitely going to prepare us for what lies ahead.  It is going to help us get a head start on what leading ladies find important in their lives and the lives of those around them.

You know how you look for signs from God on whether you are on the right path!?!?  Literally the day before Laurie announced that they would be sharing the book information so all of LIFE ladies would have the opportunity to be reading the same book as the LIFE COACH LADIES group, I had just felt placed on my heart to write her and ask if that would be a possibility....that is how you know GOD is with us on this venture! I believe this opportunity is also going to encourage us to run harder than ever and prepare us faster to get to these LIVE groups and become a LIFE COACH LADY ourselves!

Thank you goes out to Laurie and all of the LIFE COACH LADIES for allowing us the privilege to read the same book as the leading ladies and giving us that head start to FREEDOM! 

ON TO A MILLION...one living room at a time!

Love to you all and thanks for leading the way by example!

Brenda Hatcher

Team Porthos Musketeers

All for One and One for All!

• SGorton, slpries, Jewald and 7 others like this

Brenda Hatcher

Team PORTHOS Musketeers

#16 Sharon.Lalor

Sharon.Lalor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, ON

Posted 21 September 2014 - 01:05 PM

I am excited for this book. Thank you Life Coach for doing this so we can get better thinking.

• slpries, Jewald and salyndac like this

#17 slpries

slpries

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:47 AM

How awesome is this????  Wondering if the book for the next month can be released in advance so that we can order it in time to be reading it at the same time.  Thanks.

• Jewald, Shay G. and salyndac like this

#18 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 03:19 PM

How awesome is this????  Wondering if the book for the next month can be released in advance so that we can order it in time to be reading it at the same time.  Thanks.

Yup, that's the plan.

CB

• Brenda Hatcher, slpries, Adam & Teesa Rossman and 6 others like this

#19 Shay G.

Shay G.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationGrand Blanc, MI

Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:25 AM

Oh my goodness!!  I remember hearing about the Laidies Life Coach Book Club for the first time...I thought " I am SO excited!!!! I'll be ordering 'Becoming a Woman Who Listens to God' and adding it to my current reading list as that has been my prayer and desire; I want to be able to hear God, know it's Him and do as He leads in ALL areas of my LIFE.  Thanks so much for sharing ladies!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

• slpries, Jewald, Usagi1816 and 1 other like this

#20 slpries

slpries

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 08:25 AM

Was thinking yesterday how awesome it is to get a response from the CEO of our company & the thought "Ladies book club SUBSCRIPTION" popped into my head.  Any plans for this?  Thanks.

#21 Kristine Mlitello

Kristine Mlitello

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 09:35 AM

I am enjoying the book, Becoming a Woman Who Listens to God.  Yesterday, 2 big nuggets stuck out to me, and boy were they challenging ones!  WOW.  Love that we GET to read books to grow ourselves. 

pg. 54

I've come to realize that He (God) doesn't owe me an explanation.  God is God.  He does what He pleases, and I must trust Him. When we can't see His hand, we must trust his heart. 

So often I want the explanation, or I want my way.  ugh.  This short passage is such a powerful reminder of who God is.  God is God, and His heart is good and trustworthy.

pg. 56

Prayer is not preparation for the work, it is the work. Prayer is not for the battle, it is the battle. - Oswald Chambers. 

Great reminder! 

Thanks again, Laurie, for choosing such fantastic books!  

• slpries, Jewald and Sharon.Lalor like this

#22 Lori Maas

Lori Maas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 25 September 2014 - 02:57 PM

Hi Laurie,

I am so excited you choose this book for the LC Book study. I read it a couple years ago and loved it. Sharon Jaynes is one of my favorite authors. I am enjoying re-reading it and look forward to finding new nuggets from it and this blog. Thanks for creating this opportunity for us.

#23 Robin Schilling

Robin Schilling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:43 AM

Thank you for providing this growth opportunity. This forum is awesome in that it gives us lady leaders a place to share our own thoughts, sorrows, and our light bulb moments AND glean wisdom and knowledge from the insight provided through other lady's thoughts, sorrows and their light bulb moments. It is especially encouraging that I can check my thinking and beliefs not only with an author, but with the thoughts of our Life Coach ladies and be further encouraged to delve into and check all our thinking with what God's word proclaims.

I agree with Kristine Militello's comments:  

I've come to realize that He (God) doesn't owe me an explanation.  God is God.  He does what He pleases, and I must trust Him. When we can't see His hand, we must trust his heart. 

So often I want the explanation, or I want my way.  ugh.  This short passage is such a powerful reminder of who God is.  God is God, and His heart is good and trustworthy.

Five years ago this month, I had to come to grips with that realization when God, in his infinite wisdom, took home to himself His little lamb - my 19 month old granddaughter. God is God. He does what He pleases, and I must trust Him. Oh my. It is one thing to say those words and all together another to live with such deep grief. It was during that time though, a time when my world came to a screeching halt (as well as that of my son and daughter-in-law) that God's word  so often spoke to me. So often I pictured Jesus sitting with me, my head in his lap as he laid his almighty hand on my head and comforted me with his Holy word. Many days I needed that Holy hug; and it would arrive in the form of a bible passage now with new meaning, a friend's visit or a simple phone call. Thankfully, I knew the love letter set in the words of the Bible; a powerful love letter in which the Holy Spirit comforts my broken heart and reminds me that His thoughts are not my thoughts (Isaiah 55:8); that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him (Romans 8:28); and for me to give him my heavy yoke and to be at peace because that little girl's heavy yoke was lifted off her and she could find rest for her soul and was at peace with him (Matthew 11: 25-30).

Am I a woman who listens to God? I have been and I also have completely missed it. As the author says on p. 66 sometime it is a nudge and sometimes it is a strong hand upside my head or on my backside. Thankfully, I am forgiven for the times I've missed the point, questioned His heart, doubted His wisdom, unknowingly denied His presence. I look forward to reading further, and growing deeper in His word and becoming a woman who, more times than not, will take time and listen to God. 

• SusanPetersonFL, Lori Maas, Sharon.Lalor and 4 others like this

#24 Robin Schilling

Robin Schilling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:07 AM

Ahhhh.....God is so good. Interestingly, last night, tired and just wanting to go to sleep, I read chapter 3, God Speaks Through Prayer. I especially pondered on Sharon Jaynes words from p. 58 that she has "learned that what God has to say to me is far more important than what I have to say to Him, and I need to be praying in both lanes - speaking and listening."  Breath in; breath out.... 

This morning, my 16 year old, who attends a Christian High School, shared that while writing a personal experience essay for Religion class, she described her feeling and how God's word helped her overcome the anxiousness of a certain time period of change for her. She wrote that she had often turned to her bible to hear words of comfort and strength to overcome and how she had always turned to a particular Bible passage. Immediately afterwards, as the bell rang, as she packed up her books and essay, and listened to announcements for the end of the school day, the closing school prayer focused on that exact same bible passage and how she knew God was once again giving her the reassurance and comfort she needed then and still today. 

I thank God for his timing and the insight of a daughter who stopped to listen. Also for letting me read that particular chapter in the book and for the amazing mother/daughter connection that allowed us to share. A time we both could stop and be women who listen to God. May you stop and listen today.  

#25 Laurie

Laurie

• PC
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 04:24 PM

Hey Ladies,
Hope you all enjoyed or are still enjoying Becoming a Woman Who Listens to God.  The book to be READING in October is "The Magic of Thinking Big".  I know, some of you have already read it, but I encourage you to read it again. You have probably grown a lot since the last time you read it and you will pick up things that you may have missed the first, second or even third time through. I know I have read the book through countless times & still pick up new nuggets or am reminded of something big- Ha! No pun intended. I am on my third copy of the book because the other copies are so beat up, highlighted, dog eared, and written in that I didn't have room for any knew highlights or comments.  That reminds me...have you read "Turn the Page" - part of the LIFE leadership essential series?? If not, I dare you to pick it up right now and read it! It will change the way you read a book. It is full of nuggets on how to read a book, what kinds of books to read and so many tidbits to help you get the most out of what you are reading.  It is a fast and easy read but oh so powerful. Ok back to "The Magic if Thinking Big". I have heard people say they have loved this book and I have heard people say that it was hard for them to read at first but they pushed through and have come to absolutely love the book. You are not going to love every book we read-that's not really the point. The goal is to challenge ourselves and to get us all to read more, think bigger & better, and grow into the person we were created to be. Orrin recently said "The truth will set you free after it ticks you off!" Many of these books tick me off or give me a good slap across the face! That's good because if they didn't, they would not be doing their jobs. Ok I've rambled on long enough! Enjoy reading and have a blessed day!!

💖Laurie
Never forgot YOU are fearfully and wonderfully made. Psalm 139:14

Upcoming LC ladies book choices:

November:Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas

December: Developing The Leaders Around You -John Maxwell

January: Trusting God Even When Life Hurts- Jerry Bridges

• SGorton, slpries, Jewald and 10 others like this

#26 Carol

Carol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:59 PM

Thanks Laurie for the update on the next few months books. Now we can all be ready to go ahead of time. I am really enjoying this months book and I'm looking forward to next month.
  • Jewald likes this

#27 KaiMcCollough

KaiMcCollough

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:33 AM

How exciting! When I saw this on our home dash board it made my day:) Now its time to get our books unpacked in the new office and get reading! :D

• Jewald likes this

#28 carol.miller

carol.miller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:13 AM

I'm very excited about this forum! I cannot tell you how much I have loved being part of the Book Club with Jackie Lewis, Lindsey Spiewak and Terri Brady! They have impacted my life greatly. To be reading the same books that they read and being able to discuss and hear their thoughts has been a highlight of this journey in LIFE. I love and appreciate that Laurie has made this available for everyone to follow along and be a part of it through this forum. I encourage everyone to find out what the qualifications are for your individual team's Book Club and attend that one as well!! They are a wonderful time of fellowship with some of the best ladies on the planet that are truly committed to making a difference not only in your life but in their communities and in the world. 

Thank you Laurie and the rest of the LC ladies for the example you set for the rest of us! 

Love,

Carol Miller ---Team Legacy " Full Steam Ahead! "

• SGorton, Jewald and Stacey like this

#29 Carol

Carol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:19 PM

I just saw the shortcut on the home page for this awesome forum topic. Great job!  :D 

LLCC-color.jpg

#30 Polly

Polly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 01:36 PM

I've had the opportunity of sitting at the feet of Laurie, learning, listening, sharing, & opening my heart to the truths we all are learning together in these books.....even if it's on a google handout, it doesn't matter, as hearts know no boundaries! Even in reading the posts, it is so evident to me that the Lord has had His Hand on the leaders of LIFE for a long time! The comments are now principles that the Life Coaches are living out in their daily lives. And as I read the pages of all the books we've read together, I can see how the words & ideas have transformed who we were, to who we are becoming!  These forums are life changing ~ thank you, Laurie! You know how I love reading Sharon Jaynes!  At times, I feel as if she's writing all about the experiences, good & not so good, that I've personally lived through, as well! I laugh, I cry, I get encouraged & challenged at the same time, & find my purpose all over again! Her stories are priceless.....her transparency is like a cheer leader, on the sidelines of our lives, that lets us all know that we can do & become all that God has in mind for us! Thanks again for always being the example! 

• slpries, Jewald and Sharon.Lalor like this

#31 Tonya Hartmann

Tonya Hartmann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:01 AM

Thank you Laurie for posting the up and coming books! I am excited to dive into them as well and to learn and grow!!

• Jewald likes this

#32 drhully

drhully

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAkron, OH

Posted 02 October 2014 - 03:15 PM

I just saw this Life Coach Book Club!  What a great way to connect with those who I love learning from.  Thank you!  

Looking forward to reading, "The Magic of Thinking Big."  The right thinking works wonders to living right.   –∂ebi

• Jewald likes this

#33 Hrogers

Hrogers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:46 PM

Thank you LC ladies for the opportunity to read and grow along side you! Can't wait to get started tonight. :)

#34 cmallios

cmallios

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 05 October 2014 - 08:18 PM

Absolutely love book club.  thank you so much.

#35 Tiffany Nava

Tiffany Nava

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 05:59 PM

So excited about this book and to read a book that Laurie has recommended!

#36 Greg

Greg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 05:21 PM

Hey Ladies!   I just had the opportunity today to be part of a "zoom hangout" with Laurie and a lot of the CAB coordinators on the team.   What an honor it is to be part of a very powerful session.  As many of you know, we were covering "Becoming A Woman Who Listens To God".   It was an amazing book and one I would highly recommend you reading if you have not done so already.  

One of the many nuggets I had to write down and remind myself of every day is that sometimes God says yes, sometimes God says no, and sometimes God says wait. Waiting is one of the most difficult tasks of being a woman who listens to God.  We have all heard that things happen in God's time and not ours, and just like you, I don't always like that answer, but it is true.

I encourage you all to go out there with your husbands (if you are married) and if you are single, build this awesome business because it is a win win!  I know that Laurie and the rest of the Life Coaches would love to have every lady on their teams part of the hangout.  It is well worth it!

Thanks to all of the Life Coach Ladies for implementing this for all of us!  

God Bless!

Lin Johnson

• Brenda Hatcher, slpries and cmallios like this

#37 Laurie

Laurie

• PC
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:04 PM

Wow!! Just finished up October's book clubs.  Thanks to everyone who joined us today and yesterday.  There were so many great insights shared and I love & appreciate each of you ladies.  Looking forward to more of you you joining us for our November LIFE coach book clubs where we will be discussing The Magic of Thinking Big.  This book has changed many, many peoples thinking and has helped them move on in their lives as well as in their businesses.  So run hard to qualify for your LC's book club.  If you don't know how to qualify for your LC's book club check with your upline leader to find out the details :)  I also want to thank everyone who has posted their thoughts and comments on this forum.  I so appreciate you all taking time to comment on how the book has helped you move forward.  Before we leave Becoming a Woman Who Listens to God I just want to reflect on a story she told that really moved me.  The story on page  194 and 195 talks about a man who became too busy to spend time with the Lord until one day he walked by the drawing room (the room he used to spend every morning with the Lord in) and found the door ajar and a fire burning in the fireplace.  When he looked in the room and saw the Lord sitting there... I don't want to spoil the rest of the story in case you haven't finished it yet. So please read on and finish the book.  Anyway, what I love about the message in that story is our time with the Lord isn't just about us, it means something to Him as well.  See, every tithe we give or any thing we give to the Lord is really us, just returning to Him, what already belongs to Him.  But our praise and worship (I hope you are doing these things in your time alone with the Lord ;)) are the only things that we have that are truly ours to give.  So give freely with your whole heart..give abundantly.  Spend time with the Lord daily and see what a difference it makes in your life.  I didn't say you would have a problem free life but, you will have a Christ filled life and that, my friend, makes all the difference in the world.   God Bless you on your journey to becoming a woman who listens to God.  

💖Laurie

Never forgot YOU are fearfully and wonderfully made. Psalm 139:14

• Brenda Hatcher, slpries, Jewald and 4 others like this

#38 Miriam Schilling

Miriam Schilling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:00 AM

I am so blessed to be able to associate with with the women on this forum and those like them! I long for meaningful, insightful, spiritually fulfilling connections. I know God talks to me through his word and the women that help me in my walk!
  • Jewald likes this

#39 Brenda Hatcher

Brenda Hatcher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:15 AM

I am love love loving having this forum to test my thinking and to grow my thinking...and to be able to get the thinking from these amazing LC ladies is pure excitement for me!  Thank you again for allowing us to participate and push to get to the 'live' book club, but still have your thoughts and high points on these amazing books along our journey!  You LC ladies rock!  (and again, thanks for following Gods lead to open this to all of the ladies in LIFE!)

Brenda Hatcher

• slpries, SusanPetersonFL and Vonceal_Rempsonjr like this

Brenda Hatcher

Team PORTHOS Musketeers

#40 slpries

slpries

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 10:22 AM

I too am loving the Ladies Book Club forum.  I'd gotten away from reading some marriage books & those by Sharon Jaynes & Elizabeth George, etc. because our morning routine has changed.  Quiet morning time is my favorite.  It's been shortened so had left these books out lately.  I did get & am reading the September book.  THANKS.  I would not have realized I can read in the quiet evening as well as morning. I really appreciate the emphasis Sharon makes about reading scripture not just what others say about it & yet her stories make the scripture come alive & usable for me.  My soul is being blessed with the renewed reading.  Thank you Ladies.

#41 Rita Haas

Rita Haas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 11:00 PM

I am enthused about this Ladies only Forum where we can share a piece of our hearts with each other. The lady who posted before said "My soul is being blessed with the renewed reading."   We owe a huge thank you to Laurie and the LC's for creating a way to be accountable to reading each month.  Place your comments because your iron will sharpen ME too!  I get encouraged when others learn and grow.  Let's learn and grow together!  I have the opportunity to "zoom" with Laurie each month and enjoy being apart of those ladies who are growing each month together.  "Becoming a Woman Who Listens to God" is filled with stories that will inspire you to be your best.  One of my favorite take aways was on page 51 about the Purpose of Prayer.

"Prayer turns our focus toward God and allows Him to rearrange our priorities.  It is more than unloading our burdens and enumerating our desires.  Prayer sets our agenda.  Did you ever notice that Jesus didn't set His agenda and then ask God to bless it?  No, He did only what the Father told Him to do."

Wow! How many times have I made decisions and then ask God to help me get through it?  How many times have I planned my days or weeks and then ask God to give me more time or enlarge my capacity?  What if God would have said no to those things to begin with?  What if God already knows where I should put my time and energy but I neglect to ask Him first?  I was encouraged more than ever to ask first What would God want me to do? or Where should I put my time? or What should be left off my schedule?  Instead of feeling like a tornado had gone through and I had to pick up the pieces, maybe I could direct the storms of life through prayer to begin with?  It might include many more joyful and sunny days!

Get this book in your hands and I look forward to hearing from you!

Rita Haas

• slpries, Jewald, LyndaVarada and 1 other like this

#42 betz01

betz01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 03:57 PM

I just started my copy of Becoming a Woman Who Listens to God and right now I'm on Page 23. the letter from the cival war solider has hit me like a ton of bricks. Bill Lewis talks on LT405, ( that I oddly enough listened to on the way into work at 6am this morning then to read the cival war letter at lunch) about how him and the children take comfort in knowing where Jackie is and they will see her again. It's the same thing the soldier mentioned, he takes comfort in knowing he will see his family again. Maybe not in this life, but the next. I never knew that I would see my loved ones again who have left this life. I thought I had lost them forever, I might have known that on some far off level of my mind, but not like this, not so consciously. I lost my grandparents when I was young and have carried that grief around ever since. Please tell Bill thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for sharing, it's taken a huge weight off my heart. Thank you for the book suggestion too, I'm looking forward to more clarity on my life as I read thru its pages.
  • slpries likes this

#43 slpries

slpries

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 04:01 PM

Thanks, Rita, great points.  When I remember, I follow Elizabeth George as in Life Management for Busy Women, I believe, about praying thru your daily schedule as you make it. Does help.  Another point: this morning I was thinking about my daughter who is facing surgery next week.  She said she was getting a little anxious about it.  For some reason, so am I.  Then I remembered what I read in Becoming a Woman Who Listens to God, pp. 125-135 The Deceiver's Voice and heard "you can send her affirming scripture daily."  Thanks, again, Laurie for the LADIES BOOK CLUB.

• Jewald and LyndaVarada like this

#44 Farrah Sargent

Farrah Sargent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 10:09 PM

Hello Ladies,  I just love page 24 in MTB.  The description of Mr. Triumph and Mr. Defeat.  My brain went right to the angel and devil on your shoulder.  Mr. Triumph and Mr. Defeat are fundamentally different from the devil and angel.  The devil and angel are simultaneously warring in your mind.  NOT a very true scene.  If you notice Mr. Triumph and Mr. Defeat cannot maintain the floor of your mind at the same time.  You get to decide who you hold out your scepter to.  I love that.  They do not get to try to convince me who to choose.  I have full control of the decision.  That is so liberating!!!  If you use the three keys to wealth Mr. Triumph will naturally assume control after awhile.  While it may be a difficult decision at first, sticking to success principles will kick in and it will take on the benefits of the power of compounding!!!!!  Fired up, fired up, fired up <3  love you

• Jewald likes this

#45 Farrah Sargent

Farrah Sargent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:48 PM

Wow, today I am thrilled by our awesome system.  Specifically our association.  I have heard Steve Morgan talk about dreaming big and long term vision.  He makes this statement..."If I could go back and tell myself one thing what would it be?"  His answer..."You make it!!!!!"  Dream Bigger folks.  Also, Bill Lewis...has said on more than one occasion, everything you need to win here is a skill you can learn!  What?!?!?!  That is AWESOME.  You mean I am the only thing holding me back?  You can imagine my delight when I was digging into chapter 1 and 2 of MTB tonight...when I found some familiar themes.  Dream Bigger, Success or failure has to do with YOU and YOUR CHOICES,  It is ALL in how you THINK.  What amazing teaching we are getting from the LIFE Leadership association.  I am super geeked to discover that Steve Morgan, Bill Lewis and hundreds of others have found Dr. David Schwartz to be credible and accurate.  I am even more geeked that they are willing to be servant leaders and help the rest of us find and apply these truths so we can have success too!!!  I love LIFE LEADERSHIP! 

• slpries, Jewald, p&gzills and 2 others like this

#46 kschill

kschill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:48 PM

I am so excited that more women will be reading this amazing work by Sharon Jaynes! Upon Laurie's recommendation several years ago, I read this book, and would tell you if you asked, that this is one of THE most transformational books I've ever read. It changed my awareness of God's provision, my propensity to ask for blessing and my ability to see my savior in more of my daily life.  What a blessing it was, and continues to be!  Thank you Laurie! I think I'll read it again :)

• slpries, Jewald and prelveprobe like this

#47 kseidl

kseidl

• Administrators
  • 1 posts
  • LocationWaukesha, WI

Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:20 PM

I love this forum and the insight we can all gain from each other's perspectives. I love even more that the LIFE coach ladies are giving us a glimpse into some of their daily reading. Looking forward the next cycle of books that we can all benefit and learn from. Thank you Laurie for orchestrating this! You rock  :)

Love you all!

Kristen

• SGorton, Jewald and JuleenRay like this

#48 kathy g

kathy g

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 12:18 PM

I love the book magic of thinking big. It gives me so much hope for my goals and dreams.

• Brenda Hatcher, SGorton, Jewald and 1 other like this

#49 Shannon Howard

Shannon Howard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationJackson, MI

Posted 28 October 2014 - 12:39 PM

Thank you for clarifying for me that I could join. I'm loving it already! :wub:

• Brenda Hatcher, SGorton, slpries and 2 others like this

Shannon Howard

Team PORTHOS Musketeers

All For One & One For All!

#50 Kari

Kari

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:14 PM

I am super excited to start reading The Magic of Thinking Big again. I enjoy this book and know that the first time I read through the book I gained a lot of information to help me grow. I am excited about reading this book this time because now I have this blog to post my thoughts on and to read other lady's thoughts and perspectives on the book. Thank you Laurie and the rest of PC for being amazing leaders that you are and helping all of us become the leading ladies that God is calling us to be.

God Bless.
Kari Dechert
Team Porthos Musketeers
All For One. One For All!
  • SGorton, Jewald, JuleenRay and 1 other like this

God Bless,

Kari Dechert

Team Porthos Musketeers

All for One and One for All

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users