7 replies to this topic

#1 AJ & Emily Smith

AJ & Emily Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:10 PM

I have a family member with a eating disorder. They had to go to a special rehab center for a long time and it is severely disabling for them. It almost killed them.

The reason I bring this up is (I love the fitness content, but) I would love to see a little content on this topic in the fitness category. I know it has been briefly mentioned by I believe it was Lisa Hawkins. I think it would be amazing to have her or someone else with experience with this to shine some light on this opposite extreme in fitness that is more of an epidemic than we realize and then share their struggle and victory over it.

Just a thought,

Thanks!

#2 CJ Calvert

CJ Calvert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:11 PM

Re-listen to Superman cd in Additional info for a positive message on that topic
  • Nick and Ammon Nelson like this

Choose to live an exceptional LIFE!  Phillippians 4:8

#3 AJ & Emily Smith

AJ & Emily Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:05 AM

Re-listen to Superman cd in Additional info for a positive message on that topic

Yes, I love that CD.  I just would love a CD dedicated to the topic.

#4 Donna

Donna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationDecatur, IL

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:49 PM

You did not indicate what type of eating disorder is involved. No matter. Whether your kin is anorexic or grossly obese, eating disorders have a commonality. They don't see food simply as fuel for the body. It's seen as either an enemy or as a friend. These issues often start with buried fears or hurts from the past. Either outlook is harmful to one's health. You can see by my picture that I fall into the obese category. I had given up on even trying to lose weight until I started doing the cds as part of Operation 180. I loaded my CDs into my IPod and listened as much as I could. I began changing inside. An understanding of the Ant and the Elephant helped. In June, I took steps to get help with my weight, my fitness, and my emotional eating. I'm excited at what's happening because, as of today, I'm down 20 pounds. The positive, motivational, "you can" = "I can" messages aren
  • Ammon Nelson and spartan1 like this
Donna Adcock<p>He who has the Son has life...

#5 Donna

Donna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationDecatur, IL

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:58 PM

2 of 2 (Hit submit accidentally) I was saying, these principles are not limited to building a business. They're designed to build people. When I work out, I like to play, "Feed the Elephant" in my ears. "Keep Stroking", Somebody Believed in Me", " Stop Watching...Get It Done", "What if..." Great Encouragement! I've rambled but hope it helps.
  • Nick and Ammon Nelson like this
Donna Adcock<p>He who has the Son has life...

#6 Nick

Nick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis, Missouri

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:01 PM

Chris Mattis also has a CD where he talks briefly about a friend who (in ways) overcame the Fitness "F". I wish I could be more help in giving the name with this post but perhaps someone else will immediately know what I'm speaking on and provide the name. The most I remember is that he has a friend who either is currently or was a cop and seeing themselves in the mirror after a fatal incident of a fellow officer motivated him to take charge of his Fitness. Could be helpful to hear!
  • Ammon Nelson likes this

D.R.E.A.M.

Nick

#7 Ammon Nelson

Ammon Nelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationWeber County, Utah

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:06 AM

Chris Mattis also has a CD where he talks briefly about a friend who (in ways) overcame the Fitness "F". I wish I could be more help in giving the name with this post but perhaps someone else will immediately know what I'm speaking on and provide the name. The most I remember is that he has a friend who either is currently or was a cop and seeing themselves in the mirror after a fatal incident of a fellow officer motivated him to take charge of his Fitness. Could be helpful to hear!

I remember that CD.  I'm not positive, but I believe it is LT 278 - Breaking Cognitive Dissonance.

• Nick likes this

"The first step in any effective application of knowledge is getting the knowledge. The first step in changing the world is to first transform oneself. Always. If what you read isn't transforming you in a positive way, it has no value - to anyone. Pick better books, a better venue for learning, a better set of mentors.  Invest the time to give yourself a real leadership education, one in which you are not just a passenger but one of the people driving the wagon. Actively pursue excellence."

-Oliver DeMille and Brad Bolon

#8 sgtmom1-Angel

sgtmom1-Angel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationFielding, Utah

Posted 15 March 2016 - 07:16 PM

Actually Chris Swanson's Cd and book would be good. They may want to consider, if they are open to the concepts (meaning how much they really want to help themselves), Complimentary Alternative Healing Modalities. Learning many of these have been a part of my personal journey in helping support my body so it could begin the healing process it can naturally do on it's own. Knowing that we can use these Complimentary Healing Modalities in partnership and wisdom with modern medicine that we have been blessed with.

I enjoy discussing my journey now. But frankly in the past it was a scary prospect of how I would be judged. Only recently have I decided to start openly sharing.

Prayers being sent to your family member.

http://freedomlifeli...e.blogspot.com/

Listening to many, many Audios and Reading from several books at once, absorbing and integrating the information, Transforming myself into the woman I need to be to fulfill my mission and purpose which Heavenly Father put me me on earth to do.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fitness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users