#1 John & Iantha

John & Iantha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationSt Catharines, Ontario, Canada

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:22 PM

I wish I could find a better way to bring up this subject - but I think the subject line covers it best,

There have been talks done in the past that were geared to a specific audience (those building the business) and then redone/repurposed for a more general audience.

A prime example of this is one of Chris & Terri Brady's talks from the Top 50 Pack, Today's the Day (TEAM 219) being retold and is now the first CD in the Edge Series, Buried Treasure. Some of the earlier EDGE CDs came from pieces of older talks (Learning for LIFE aka EDGE 2 had pieces am\nd highlights taken from Orrin Woodward's other CDs)

Are there other talks people would like to see retold, repackaged or (as I said before) repurposed for a different audience? Is there a specific LIFE Training CD that you feel would be impactful if it were retold for a younger audience (like Buried Treasure), or repackaged for a more general audience (for the LIFE or LLR series)?

One of our favorite talks that we had the privilege to see live and is part of the Top 50 is Bill & Jackie Lewis's Identify Your Layers (TEAM 786). This was one of those talks that we wish we could hand to someone that was not already involved in the business, as Bill's talk strikes a cord with anyone who listens to it.

Are there other talks people feel that could be impactful to a more general audience if edited or redone for either a younger audience (the EDGE subscription) or for more general consumption (LIFE and LLR)?

• Radine! likes this

#2 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:41 PM

I wish I could find a better way to bring up this subject - but I think the subject line covers it best,

There have been talks done in the past that were geared to a specific audience (those building the business) and then redone/repurposed for a more general audience.

A prime example of this is one of Chris & Terri Brady's talks from the Top 50 Pack, Today's the Day (TEAM 219) being retold and is now the first CD in the Edge Series, Buried Treasure. Some of the earlier EDGE CDs came from pieces of older talks (Learning for LIFE aka EDGE 2 had pieces am\nd highlights taken from Orrin Woodward's other CDs)

Are there other talks people would like to see retold, repackaged or (as I said before) repurposed for a different audience? Is there a specific LIFE Training CD that you feel would be impactful if it were retold for a younger audience (like Buried Treasure), or repackaged for a more general audience (for the LIFE or LLR series)?

One of our favorite talks that we had the privilege to see live and is part of the Top 50 is Bill & Jackie Lewis's Identify Your Layers (TEAM 786). This was one of those talks that we wish we could hand to someone that was not already involved in the business, as Bill's talk strikes a cord with anyone who listens to it.

Are there other talks people feel that could be impactful to a more general audience if edited or redone for either a younger audience (the EDGE subscription) or for more general consumption (LIFE and LLR)?

John and Lantha:

I love the line of your thinking here!  Sometimes we put out so much material, that we forget how powerful it is or how well it might work with a slightly different target customer than the originally intended one.

I look forward to everyone's input on here.  We aren't always able to do everything you all suggest, but we are listening!  And this particular idea seems VERY wise!

CB

• Radine!, DWRascalROKofKaizen and Linda Azevedo like this

#3 DWRascalROKofKaizen

DWRascalROKofKaizen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationLand o' Buckeyes

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:34 AM

Immediately, the first audio that leaps to mind is LT 62 - 'Ditch Rider' by Oliver DeMille ...

( There's some clear Family F , Following F , surrounding the core Freedom F )

Terrific topic!
  • Teambosma and mistydawn128 like this

-SJ
Rok of Kaizen
twitter.com/RkKaizenSbsL

Four CORE missions:
Spread prosperity

#4 Clint.Fix

Clint.Fix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:42 AM

The first one that came to mind is The Checkpoint Race. It could be redone for an LLR talk on sales.

• Teambosma and Brian Mitchell like this

#5 John Feldhouse

John Feldhouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:45 AM

I love this idea, too! 

Just off the top of my head, one of my favorite CDs in LT that I thought was odd to be in LT was Terri's "Be A Good Queen". I think this could easily be repackaged into a LIFE CD.

More to come later...

• Teambosma likes this

"Be curious, not judgmental."
              – Walt Whitman

#6 John Feldhouse

John Feldhouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:55 AM

How could I forget... Orrin and Laurie's "How Did We Get Here?" 

• Brenda Hatcher and Carol like this

"Be curious, not judgmental."
              – Walt Whitman

#7 mistydawn128

mistydawn128

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:20 PM

Subway to metropolitan would be a good general one
  • Brian Mitchell likes this

#8 anieto

anieto

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationDallas, Texas

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:40 PM

Wow great topic! I was just thinking this the other day. There are so many to choose from though. I agree with John Feldhouse on the Terri Brady "Be a good queen" for LIFE Series cd (that was an epic talk from major). But the I CD I was listening to the other day was a talk from CB, it was Team 656 Coat hooks for posture, a talk from mens leadership right before LIFE launched, The first half of the cd could be a LT talk about how great LIFE is and the explanation of how the LIFE coaches still get in living rooms and do exactly what they teach. (CB talks about him and Terri carrying a white board down the street to show a houseplan and carrying books with his name on it :)) Probably just remake a 67 reasons CD and add this to it. (or now 101 reasons) But the best part of the CD is when CB talks about Josh Mcdowell and his pyramid of peoples world view. Relationships affect your world view/beliefs which affects your values which then affects your behavior. That could be a LIFE talk. Amazing talk and insight!! 

Our dreams keep us alive!

-Dean Frey

1888451_10202682766684082_884513829_n.jp

#9 Nick

Nick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis, Missouri

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:53 PM

We love Terri Brady's talk on the "Signs" CD. Perhaps Terri could do another talk that would go into further outlines of how to better recognize another's "Sign" and place core CDs in their lives for a more impactful result. Growth is no longer an option but a way of life. What do you think Chris?
  • Teambosma likes this

D.R.E.A.M.

Nick

#10 DWRascalROKofKaizen

DWRascalROKofKaizen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationLand o' Buckeyes

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:45 PM

Another one that leaped to mind :

'The Four Financial Plans' by Orrin - was there live for that talk & it really never left me = how much truth is contained on that one audio.

The latter few tracks are of the TLL - and that crucial principle is discussed on numerous other audios, so perhaps leave that part out, and re-record/re-brand as a Finances F audio in a future new pack - perhaps a sequel to what's in the FFP ? :)

-SJ
Rok of Kaizen
twitter.com/RkKaizenSbsL

Four CORE missions:
Spread prosperity

#11 Brian Mitchell

Brian Mitchell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:51 PM

I'd like to see Laurie Woodward do a talk her talk on purpose and time management for the Edge series.  I think it'd be great to see someone who is female talking to the young ones and can hit the girls (we haven't seen that in awhile), and it'd be nice to hear about something other than sports analogy. I know as a kid, I despised "the jocks" (because they looked good and had the cute girls). I identified mainly with music.    

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: life training, edge, bill lewis, chris brady, life leadership

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users