• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 wadeharris17

wadeharris17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:50 PM

Does anyone know how to get someone interested in Rascal Radio on their 7 day free trial? Thank you.

• Adam & Teesa Rossman, Adrianaot and RuddnioNeway like this

#2 Michael Leahy

Michael Leahy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationMarysville California

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:36 AM

Wade,
As with all things please consult your upline, as cross line advice is not a good thing to start doing.

I have found that within our system we teach that reproducing what we do, is the standard.
When I have new members over after or before a house plan or a biz launch I have Rascal Radio playing on one of my systems.
When thay ask I show them how exciting having all the greatest talks availible can benifit My thinking. If it works for me, it may just work for you.
(hope thats a safe answer)
Michael.

• Marc Page likes this

#3 wadeharris17

wadeharris17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:06 AM

Thank you, sorry i miss communicated my question. I meant to ask how to set up someone on the 7 day free trial. From my findings it sounds like you sign them up on the subscription and they can try it for 7 days then if they like it they will be charged for the Sub. if not then they can cancel. Is that right or is it done differently? Again thank you for for your advice.

• hlmines likes this

#4 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:22 AM

Thank you, sorry i miss communicated my question. I meant to ask how to set up someone on the 7 day free trial. From my findings it sounds like you sign them up on the subscription and they can try it for 7 days then if they like it they will be charged for the Sub. if not then they can cancel. Is that right or is it done differently? Again thank you for for your advice.

Correct.  That is exactly how it works.

CB

• Adam & Teesa Rossman and Marc Page like this

#5 Nwooten

Nwooten

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:47 AM

I had an idea today while talking with some of my team members.  What if the rascal radio phone app allowed a prospective customer to sign up within the app by entering their referring members life ID number and payment information without leaving the app?  This could be done with a signup link under the login information.  This might make the app simpler for a prospective customer to use.  All they would have to do is download the app and the app would be link to customer sign up and allow them to create their login ID, password and enter their other info.  What do you think?

• Adam & Teesa Rossman likes this

#6 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:36 PM

I had an idea today while talking with some of my team members.  What if the rascal radio phone app allowed a prospective customer to sign up within the app by entering their referring members life ID number and payment information without leaving the app?  This could be done with a signup link under the login information.  This might make the app simpler for a prospective customer to use.  All they would have to do is download the app and the app would be link to customer sign up and allow them to create their login ID, password and enter their other info.  What do you think?

Good idea, but thanks to the draconian procedures of some of the providers, that would mean any purchases made by the customer would be subject to revenue sharing with the host provider. Many of these are quite high, and it would cut into the amount of profits we'd have available to put in the pay plan (in other words, if we did so we'd have to lower the PV on Rascal Radio.)  We discussed this in the beginning and decided that since it would be something you, the sales person could control, we would NOT do it and therefore maximize PV at 100% instead.  

We thought you'd approve!

CB

• Adam & Teesa Rossman, SusanPetersonFL, CJ Calvert and 3 others like this

#7 RhinoDreamer

RhinoDreamer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:55 AM

FYI --

I've been noticing more and more that the "Now Playing" section of Rascal Radio - LIFE Training isn't providing accurate information.  For example, the other day it displayed Subway to Metropolitan by Greg Johnson (oops...not the correct speaker), but it was actually playing The Little Things by Mr. Johnson.

#8 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:29 PM

FYI --

I've been noticing more and more that the "Now Playing" section of Rascal Radio - LIFE Training isn't providing accurate information.  For example, the other day it displayed Subway to Metropolitan by Greg Johnson (oops...not the correct speaker), but it was actually playing The Little Things by Mr. Johnson.

Yes, we have noticed this too!  Weird, it never used to do that!  But we're having the programmers chase it down.

Sorry!

CB

#9 Mark.Stamps

Mark.Stamps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 05:41 PM

Maybe Rascal Radio should have an "Orrin's tape player" mode where it plays at 1.5x speed so we can get through more audios :)
  • Adam & Teesa Rossman, Neal Ruffner, Marc Page and 5 others like this

#10 ajbailey1988

ajbailey1988

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationChandler, AZ

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:17 PM

Mark.Stamps do a speaker search for "Holger Spiewak" and a subject search for "Finances" This comes up with a 5 minute 51 second audio. Hope that helps I count that as a full audio.  :)

#11 AJ & Emily Smith

AJ & Emily Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:41 AM

Maybe Rascal Radio should have an "Orrin's tape player" mode where it plays at 1.5x speed so we can get through more audios :)

Agreed!  I mostly listen via an app that lets me speed it up.  Otherwise I would utilize RR more.

• Marc Page likes this

#12 Chris Matheny

Chris Matheny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:18 PM

Quick question about Rascal Radio-

I know that, if one hears something they really like, they have the option to buy the audio right then.

Can you just purchase (1) CD?  Or, is it similar to the special orders- where there is a minimum order of 10?

#13 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 09:53 PM

Quick question about Rascal Radio-

I know that, if one hears something they really like, they have the option to buy the audio right then.

Can you just purchase (1) CD?  Or, is it similar to the special orders- where there is a minimum order of 10?

You can purchase just 1!

CB

• Adam & Teesa Rossman, Neal Ruffner and Ammon Nelson like this

#14 BraveheartChris

BraveheartChris

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:29 PM

Are there any plans to allow Rascal Radio to be able to search for audios by number? Sometimes I begin to listen to an audio or I hear something that I want to tell someone else about, and it would be awesome if I could just give them the audio number to search like LLR 582

• SJCox likes this

#15 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 03:12 PM

Are there any plans to allow Rascal Radio to be able to search for audios by number? Sometimes I begin to listen to an audio or I hear something that I want to tell someone else about, and it would be awesome if I could just give them the audio number to search like LLR 582

No.

Rascal Radio is a randomizer radio product.

What you are talking about is more of an iTunes type digital library.  This is an entirely different application, and something we will be building for the future.

CB

• Adam & Teesa Rossman, SusanPetersonFL and RyanCalovich like this

#16 Kenny1718

Kenny1718

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 09:30 PM

I notice on the computer on Rascal Radio  you can buy the audios but when your on mobile app you can't buy audios why is this? and can this be change in the future?

Kenny Benson

#17 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:51 AM

I notice on the computer on Rascal Radio  you can buy the audios but when your on mobile app you can't buy audios why is this? and can this be change in the future?

Kenny Benson

It's because some of the smart phone app platforms take most of the money for purchases made through the apps.  If we made this available, we'd have to reduce PV considerably - something we are not going to do, at least at this time.

CB

#18 Clint.Fix

Clint.Fix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 11 November 2014 - 09:41 AM

It's because some of the smart phone app platforms take most of the money for purchases made through the apps.  If we made this available, we'd have to reduce PV considerably - something we are not going to do, at least at this time.

CB

Apple Pay is the answer to this. Apple takes no fee for its use in apps. Much different than in app purchases that used to be the only choice where Apple takes 30%. Here's the information on Apple Pay: https://developer.ap...h-Apple-Pay.pdf

• JesusH and Adam & Teesa Rossman like this

#19 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:04 AM

Apple Pay is the answer to this. Apple takes no fee for its use in apps. Much different than in app purchases that used to be the only choice where Apple takes 30%. Here's the information on Apple Pay: https://developer.ap...h-Apple-Pay.pdf

Thanks Clint.  Yes, we are in the process of evaluating this as an option.

CB

#20 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:05 AM

Thanks Clint.  Yes, we are in the process of evaluating this as an option. It has a lot to do with the multiple platforms we are on and the versions of phones being used (it is only available on iPhone 6 and the latest two iPads, for instance). We want to serve as many customers as possible.

CB

#21 cleantalk18

cleantalk18

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 01:28 AM

Agreed!  I mostly listen via an app that lets me speed it up.  Otherwise I would utilize RR more.

What music app do you use that speeds up audios?

#22 AJ & Emily Smith

AJ & Emily Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 12:10 PM

What music app do you use that speeds up audios?

Depends on your platform. When I was using android I used Smart Audiobook Player.

Now that I am on Apple I just make all my audios in audiobook format and I can speed it up in the stock music app.

#23 AJ & Emily Smith

AJ & Emily Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:56 PM

Couple of suggestions. For both Lifeline connect and RR it does not keep you signed in. If it kept you signed in like other streaming apps that would probably help with push notifications and what not. The other suggestion (which I think would also be solved by the sign in problem) is that if for various reasons I have to stop listening mid audio and come back to it later it doesn't stay on the audio I was listening to, let alone the point in the audio I was at. So I have to skip, hoping I get to the one I was listening to, and, if I find it, listen to the whole first part again to get to where I was and hope I don't get interrupted.

Love these apps! Excited for improvement.

#24 Adam & Teesa Rossman

Adam & Teesa Rossman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationRockford, IL

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:34 AM

Chris,
Thank you for sharing the info about how you are trying to keep pushing more money out to us in the field. We certainly do appreciate that!!!

It's interesting how some of the things that we think would be so much more convenient also happen to be very costly. Thank you so much for always trying to make things so amazing for us!

#25 James Kozak

James Kozak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:39 PM

Google wallet can be used for Android users if you talking about Apple Pay. 

#26 James Kozak

James Kozak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:43 AM

Chris 

Is there any plans to have a widget for android so it can be used without the app staying fully open? can you add a icon in the notification bar in Android so we can pull the notification bar down and the track name and controls is up there too? i think Pandora has that too.  

• mistydawn128 likes this

#27 SJCox

SJCox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:33 AM

Something that may help with this that I try to do is mark the ones I'm finding interesting as a favourite, that allows you to find it a second time a bit easier........

• mistydawn128 likes this

Sandra Cox - Nova Scotia, Canada

#28 AJ & Emily Smith

AJ & Emily Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:16 PM

First, I love the new ms mobile! This made me think, could we move rascal radio to something more like this where it is a mobile site you save to home screen? Would this overcome the being able to purchase in app problem?

#29 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:45 PM

First, I love the new ms mobile! This made me think, could we move rascal radio to something more like this where it is a mobile site you save to home screen? Would this overcome the being able to purchase in app problem?

Yes

Rascal Radio will be totally redone as a "web application" (which is what the MS Mobile is)

CB

• sscolvin, Marc Page, mistydawn128 and 2 others like this

#30 Kelli Sager

Kelli Sager

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:47 PM

Chris, we just sat down with large company and shared the LLR Corporate...and they had several good questions, but the one they brought up the most was they pointed out that not everyone has access to a cd player in their car or at home...(I know this personally, I have driven cars that had no cd player in it)...

Based on that, they suggested if there could be an option of the LLR Corp 4cds, on app form (like rascal radio) available with their Corp. purchase?  And also in Spanish? Just a thought of possible ideas for the future :)

Thanks

Steve Sager

• Marc Page likes this

#31 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:46 PM

yes, those are on the list.  The first one way before we get to the second one.

thx

CB

• sscolvin and Ammon Nelson like this

#32 SuprStiehl

SuprStiehl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationLondon, Ontario

Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:39 PM

Chris, we just sat down with large company and shared the LLR Corporate...and they had several good questions, but the one they brought up the most was they pointed out that not everyone has access to a cd player in their car or at home...(I know this personally, I have driven cars that had no cd player in it)...

Based on that, they suggested if there could be an option of the LLR Corp 4cds, on app form (like rascal radio) available with their Corp. purchase? And also in Spanish? Just a thought of possible ideas for the future :)

Thanks
Steve Sager

Steve, excellent suggestions, especially as cars move away from the cd players. In the mean time, the cds have mp3 files on them and can easily be transfered to their personal phones/computer for individual use.
  • Ammon Nelson likes this

#33 Dexter Stembridge

Dexter Stembridge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 03:07 PM

I am so blessed to be apart of Life Leadership, but even moreso the products, especially Rascal Radio, changes lives. While struggling at work to keep order on my corporate IT job, my emotions were getting to me. Then I did what Orrin said and "Pressed Play". On popped LT - 09 by my best bud Chris Brady - Life Saver, and it was (Life Saving). I was able to put a smile back on my face, laugh historically in my cell, I meant cube; and get back on track from my 95% moment. I love my association with all the great leaders and hungry students of Life Leadership. To all the speakers on Rascal Radio, the founders, upline, downline, crossline and Lifeline. THANK YOU.

#34 Dan Shogren

Dan Shogren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationAppleton, Wi

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:11 PM

I am having issues with RR app stopping on my Android. This usually happens when exiting another app, such as text messaging, internet, or several other apps while RR is playing in the background. It doesn't seem to matter whether on wireless or 3/4G and has occurred on more than one Android device. Sometimes RR stops randomly by itself when streaming without any user input. It is very frustrating when I am half way into an audio I am enjoying and it cuts out. When I try to re-enter RR, it just pinwheels forever which requires a manual force stop app action. I am going to send this to Life Support as well. I have somewhat older Android phone(s) so I am curious, is anyone else experiencing this?

#35 mistydawn128

mistydawn128

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:15 PM

I am having issues with RR app stopping on my Android. This usually happens when exiting another app, such as text messaging, internet, or several other apps while RR is playing in the background. It doesn't seem to matter whether on wireless or 3/4G and has occurred on more than one Android device. Sometimes RR stops randomly by itself when streaming without any user input. It is very frustrating when I am half way into an audio I am enjoying and it cuts out. When I try to re-enter RR, it just pinwheels forever which requires a manual force stop app action. I am going to send this to Life Support as well. I have somewhat older Android phone(s) so I am curious, is anyone else experiencing this?

Yes, I've had that happen with mine as well.  it's also an older phone.  Seems to work better on the newer phones.  I'm excited for it to be re-done as a web application!  Or maybe I'll eventually upgrade my phone.  It works though, so no need to yet :)  I usually just restart it, then RR works again. But it does then start me off with a different audio that what I had been listening to.  

• Marc Page likes this

#36 maggiesphotos

maggiesphotos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 11:15 AM

I love the Rascal Radio app idea and know it is and will continue to do great things.  I have a question and I'm not sure if it's my phone, but it locks up and gets stuck in refresh mode making me turn off my phone and re-log in to get it to run again.  It also cuts off in the middle of audios mulitple times daily  and if I press play again it starts at the beginning of the audio and then cuts off again at the same spot of the story it did before.  Very frustrating, especially when you're really into what the speaker is talking about.  Is there anything I can do to make it work better?  Is anyone else seeing this problem or is it user error?  I don't know if some of my customers will have the same level of patience I do if they are having this same issue.  Especially if their "techy"

Thanks for your help,

Maggie Bryant (Dallas, TX)

Team Explosion TIC-TIC KABOOM!!

#37 Life Forum Admin

Life Forum Admin

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 89 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 01:43 PM

I love the Rascal Radio app idea and know it is and will continue to do great things.  I have a question and I'm not sure if it's my phone, but it locks up and gets stuck in refresh mode making me turn off my phone and re-log in to get it to run again.  It also cuts off in the middle of audios mulitple times daily  and if I press play again it starts at the beginning of the audio and then cuts off again at the same spot of the story it did before.  Very frustrating, especially when you're really into what the speaker is talking about.  Is there anything I can do to make it work better?  Is anyone else seeing this problem or is it user error?  I don't know if some of my customers will have the same level of patience I do if they are having this same issue.  Especially if their "techy"

Thanks for your help,

Hi, Maggie!

Would you mind forwarding this issue to lifesupport@lifeleadership.com?  They can make sure those questions end up in the right hands.

Thanks so much!

#38 James Kozak

James Kozak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:22 AM

Thanks for your help,

i sent a few bug reports to them for andriod. the app runs like crap. no update since October 14, 2014. i had to cancel my subscription to it because it was just getting to make. all the freezing and etc. too may repeats. alot of old audios from when the business started and i barely seen new ones. i feel like they forgot about it and keep improving it.  i feel for you Maggie. 

#39 martin.spusta

martin.spusta

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 240 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 05:57 PM

Hello Maggie and James,

Rascal Radio is one of our flagship products and we continue to make improvements to it. Most of these improvements do not require re-submission to Apple Store or Google play store and because of it you will not see an updated date associated with the application. We release new content to Rascal Radio each month and will continue to do so. 

We have however noticed that with the release of iOS8, users who have not upgraded and are currently on iOS 7 might experience some issues. The same applies to the Android community. Please try to perform software update, so your phone is utilizing all the latest features released by the manufacturer. Rascal Radio is dependent on the operating system of the phone and it utilizes the phone's system to keep track of what audios have been played. If your phone is not updated this tracking might not perform correctly and you might end up listening the same talk more than once. (.... and it might appear as if our content would be repeated and limited)

I am excited to inform you that we are redesigning Rascal Radio from the ground up, so please stay tuned as we are implementing many features that our community has requested. Meanwhile, try to update your phone software so you can take the benefit of listening the new talks that will continue to be added during this transition.

Thanks,

Martin 

• Marc Page likes this

#40 slpries

slpries

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 09:06 AM

Hello Maggie and James,

Rascal Radio is one of our flagship products and we continue to make improvements to it. Most of these improvements do not require re-submission to Apple Store or Google play store and because of it you will not see an updated date associated with the application. We release new content to Rascal Radio each month and will continue to do so. 

We have however noticed that with the release of iOS8, users who have not upgraded and are currently on iOS 7 might experience some issues. The same applies to the Android community. Please try to perform software update, so your phone is utilizing all the latest features released by the manufacturer. Rascal Radio is dependent on the operating system of the phone and it utilizes the phone's system to keep track of what audios have been played. If your phone is not updated this tracking might not perform correctly and you might end up listening the same talk more than once. (.... and it might appear as if our content would be repeated and limited)

I am excited to inform you that we are redesigning Rascal Radio from the ground up, so please stay tuned as we are implementing many features that our community has requested. Meanwhile, try to update your phone software so you can take the benefit of listening the new talks that will continue to be added during this transition.

Thanks,

Martin 

I have had many of the same problems & with Life Line also.  I can't even re-login because says authenication failed.  How do I update software on phone?  Mine is usually set to do it automatically.  Thanks.  Tablet doesn't work either & it's much newer than my phone.  Thanks.

#41 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 04:24 PM

Announcement: We have done a major migration in the back end hosting of our web services, and due to this, there were a few problems with Rascal Radio for a couple of days.  Most of those snags should be worked out by now, so if you were having problems they may automatically be fixed now.

If problems, persist, please contact Customer Service.

thx, and sorry for the inconvenience

CB

• slpries, mistydawn128 and Ammon Nelson like this

#42 James Kozak

James Kozak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:21 PM

i think the app needs a big redesign with the new Android  Lollipop 5.0 neatness. i just seen a review that a guy from the 28th is still having issues with it. too me its time to redo it. it sounds you got the apple app going good. idk why you guys are having hard time with Android. is it the CODES with Android. Because my SAMSUNG NOTE 3 has Android 5.0 Lollipop and it ran really really bad. 

#43 Brad L.

Brad L.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:18 AM

Good morning everyone,

when logging on to Rascal Radio I type the user ID and Password as normal. This leads me to a AUTHENTICATION ERROR message.

I deleted the app and re-installed, same thing. Any Ideas, I am using a Android device (be easy Apple people)

thanks

Brad 

#44 AJ & Emily Smith

AJ & Emily Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:04 AM

If you look at other places in the forum Chris Brady has mentioned a few times that the whole thing is being redesigned. And I am super excited for the upcoming changes.
  • Marc Page and mistydawn128 like this

#45 martin.spusta

martin.spusta

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 240 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:32 PM

If you are still experiencing "AUTHENTICATION ERROR message" please make sure

1. Your Android operating system is up-to-date 

2. You download updated LifeLeadership app from Google PlayStore

Thanks everyone,

MS