10 replies to this topic

#1 John Feldhouse

John Feldhouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:53 AM

I have to first thank the crew who put on the major over the weekend in Columbus. It was by far the best major I've ever experienced. Thank you to all those whose blood, sweat and tears went into putting this on for all of us. It was a life-changing event.

I don't really know where to start on how amazing this event was. From the opening moment (thanks for the increased visual experience, lighting/smoke, etc... makes it feel big!) to the closing with Chris Mattis and everyone chanting "LIFE LEADERSHIP!" I had about 30 elephant buzzes.

Bill - you are an incredibly strong man, a role model for so many of us and an encourager to the entire LIFE community. Thank you for your continued blessings and words that speak life to us. I hope I can be half the man you are.

The rest of the weekend really solidified so many loose thoughts. And I think that's what I was personally struggling with: how do I take all these concepts that I know and make them actionable. And this weekend gave me the exact plan and vision to do so. 

It's also incredible how polished our leaders have become. The entire LIFE community is blessed to have so many prolific speakers, authors and leaders.

I don't know what you got out of this weekend, but I love hearing everyone's stories from the travel to tears. Did you have a favorite speaker? Favorite moment? Unexpected run-in with a leader? So many blessings were poured on us this weekend, I am hoping to hear everyone's perspective!

• ejbrodberg74, peggipkern and Roosevelt Jean-Francois like this

"Be curious, not judgmental."
              – Walt Whitman

#2 Mike Kolp

Mike Kolp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:54 AM

This past weekend was a game changer!!! Every talk was top notch. Atmosphere was electric. The hardest part is staying in a seat. After Fridays leader meeting I was ready to go out and crank it! To sum it up, this weekend was emotionally record setting with the power of thousands of people setting out to change the world. Onward to a MILLION!!!!

Mike

• ejbrodberg74 likes this

#3 BrittanyBurmeister

BrittanyBurmeister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationWaukesha WI

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:20 PM

I say this after every major, and it's because we have amazing leaders who strive to make our business better every single day, but that was my favorite major.

From everyone I spoke with, the name Bill Lewis was always brought up. Its amazing to watch the cowboy get back on the horse after a tragedy and it was amazing to see tens of thousands of people stand in support of him.

In brief, some of my favorite moments and thoughts from this weekend:

Poopin and Pukin-Tim Marks

Stickers on windows, Run FOR your life-Dan and Lisa Hawkins

Altitude-Laurie Woodward

No Guts, No Glory, No Story-Orrin and Laurie Woodward

If you are up to your neck in crap, its ok to pee your pants-Panel Discussion

WORLD RECORD ANYONE?!

Honestly, my favorite part is when these talks come down on CD, because it brings my mind right back to how I felt and the emotions that I went through at the major convention. Its an amazing kick in the pants!

• ejbrodberg74, peggipkern and p&gzills like this

Brittany Burmeister

Team Action

All Coming Together Improving Our Nation

sliverofsonshine.wordpress.com

Twitter: @rockstarbrit

#4 lortiz

lortiz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationHouston TX USA

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:29 PM

I know we hear it and say it after each convention but ... this was the best ever (after the last best ever in February).  The leadership displayed, our leaders, our friends and business partners, breaking/crushing a world record, the amount of recognition, the Sunday service...

I am always in awe of the quality of our very own, home grown speakers.  I was expecting the best and experienced the best from all of the key speakers.  I must say that starting in the afternoon leadership meeting friday afternoon, the one person that impressed me the most in terms of NOTICEABLE growth was Amy Marks. I felt she took her skills, passion and conviction up several levels. 

From the strick leadership perspective my all time favorites are Orrin, Laurie, Chris and Terri.  From the "grab-you-by-the-heart-nring-you-down-to-your-knees-show-me-what-really-matters" perspective, I can easily start crying right now just by thinking what I felt as soon as Bill Lewis walked on stage.  From the practical perspective, the panel on the finance pack was awesome.

How do you really summarize a LIFE chaning even? All I could think of was, pick up the phone and start showing waht it meant one call at a time...

Luis

Attached Files

• sscolvin, ejbrodberg74, peggipkern and 2 others like this

Luis Ortiz

#5 Tina.Abernathy

Tina.Abernathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:43 PM

The bottom line is to LEAD

L...live

E...everyday to

A...achieve your

D...Dreams

AaaaaOoooo

• peggipkern, Roosevelt Jean-Francois, p&gzills and 1 other like this

#6 ejbrodberg74

ejbrodberg74

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationWilliamston, Michigan USA

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:12 PM

This past weekend was a game changer!!! Every talk was top notch. Atmosphere was electric. The hardest part is staying in a seat. After Fridays leader meeting I was ready to go out and crank it! To sum it up, this weekend was emotionally record setting with the power of thousands of people setting out to change the world. Onward to a MILLION!!!!

Mike

I'm with ya Mike. This weekend was beyond amazing! There is nothing like associating with amazing leaders for the weekend and getting so FIRED UP. Making strides and moving forward a million!!

• peggipkern likes this

Eric J. Brodberg

TeamCrusaders

ejbrodberg2010.wordpress.com

Twitter: @BrodberGEnterpr

Facebook: ejbrodberg

#7 chgirard

chgirard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:38 AM

I walked into this major uninspired and defeated and left knowing I can do this! Will it be easy? No. But everything worthwhile never is. And yes, I loved No Guts, No Glory, No Story! Time to get myself in order so I can feel worthy of the victory!

The integrity and teaching thus past weekend was better than ever. I was so happy to see Bill Lewis again! His courage was inspiring!

Thank you to all our leaders, leading from the front!
  • ejbrodberg74 and peggipkern like this

#8 CJ Calvert

CJ Calvert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:07 AM

John, thanks for starting this thread.  You are such an awesome contributor on this forum!

What an amazing leadership convention.  This thread is so valuable as your notes bring back flashes of memory.

Most EMOTIONAL moment: Bill Lewis stepping on stage.  Hands down.  I am getting a lump in my throat even thinking of what he has experienced.

Most INSPIRING moment: James and Jessie Tesauro going PENTA POWER PLAYER.  Breaking multiple Power Players, including Chris, 19 year old TRIPLE Power Player.  James, way to set the leadership example for ALL of North America! 

NUGGETS:

-"Growth happens when people know WHY they should grow... a bunch of excited people create an excited group."  Lyndon Bell

-"We will deal with the pain of the cockpit shaking as we race to Life Coach.... 3 years from now, do you want to be telling your kids the same things?  Let's not play the same game that didn't get results last time.  If you want to move on, What do YOU need to change?" - Kirk Birtles

"You HAVE what it takes... now, DO what it takes!   I am going to be the most BUFF 70 year old you've ever seen!"  - Tony Tefel

"Learn to live life as a series of sprints."  " Can my spouse see changes in my behavior to show that I am growing and changing?" - Amy Marks

"Culture trumps strategy EVERY TIME." - Tim Marks

"I am in the process of killing everything that smells of management in my business." - Orrin Woodward

"The truth/scoreboard sets you free, after it ticks you off!" - 2nd Orrin, Verse 13

"It doesn't matter how fast depth grows, it matters how many we keep!" - Claude Hamilton

"Have you finally had enough of stagnation?  This moment is yours.  You were BORN to be here!" - Claude Hamilton

"When you are in a valley, how you handle the valley determines how long it takes to get to the next peak." - Bill Lewis

"It's shocking how little it takes to fix the biggest issues in your life." - Bill Lewis

"I am not particularly talented.  Where I excel is ridiculous, sickening work ethic.  If I get on a treadmill next to you, I will win or die trying."  Tim Marks, quoting Will Smith

"Agape love: I commit myself to meeting your needs as long as my heart beats." - Pastor Stephen Davie

• chgirard, ejbrodberg74, peggipkern and 3 others like this

Choose to live an exceptional LIFE!  Phillippians 4:8

#9 TiffaniChapa

TiffaniChapa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:15 PM

It was great to see Bill and Jan Newton win Top Gun! They came to Houston two months ago and I loved their seminar. Hearing Terri Brady talk about teaching young boys to be men! Wow I have so much respect for her tenacity! Manase always fires me up and I love to see his passion for his family and this country. Orrin's talk about the banking system was a truth every American needs to know and I know I was setting my jaw! Pastor Stephen Davey delivered an amazing sermon on love that answered a lot of questions. This was my first time to hear him speak and I am so thankful he is in our AGO series! Bill Lewis, what can I say? A man of resilience and spirit. And Chris Mattis ending it off with who we are! LIFE LEADERSHIP! AND WE ARE HERE TO CHANGE LIVES!

Best major ever!

• John Feldhouse likes this

#10 peggipkern

peggipkern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:51 PM

Thank you for starting this topic.  I've been to many LIFE Leadership conventions and each one is special and unique!  I walk away each time saying, "That was the best convention, yet."  However, this leadership convention I walked away a different person.  CJ Calvert did such an eloquent job quoting nuggets from the Friday afternoon Leadership meeting through the closing talk with Chris Mattis on Sunday afternoon.  ALL great nuggets!!  I think the biggest nugget for me wasn't something that was spoken from stage, but what I observed from all those who hit new levels in their business, the leaders on stage and the behind the scenes workers/volunteers in the tool room.  This is a group of people who continue to strive for excellence and who "walk the walk, not just talk the talk."  Thank you to all for the transparency and heart!  Thank you for a truly a life changing weekend!

• John Feldhouse likes this
Peggi

#11 Neal Ruffner

Neal Ruffner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGrand Blanc, MI

Posted 07 July 2014 - 06:17 PM

They just keep getting better!

On a personal side note, sitting next to "OW" :D  when he broke the world record was pretty amazing. What a great opportunity!! 

Neal Ruffner

Liberators

LT-IT

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: summer, leadership, convention, major, columbus, ohio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users