Photo

Does having a presence on LinkedIn benefit my business?

Social Media promoting connecting expanding

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mrs.Bushey

Mrs.Bushey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:42 AM

Recently I was talking with a new friend and we were discussing business and connecting with people. She has chosen not to become a Life member but loves our product and is putting me in touch with people she knows who might be possible contacts. She mentioned that she has recently updated and improved her LinkedIn site and has had some wonderful connections come about through that source. She encouraged me to do the same.

I spoke with my awesome upline about this and they suggested I post my question here. My question is does having a presence on LinkedIn benefit my business or would that time be better spent elsewhere? I would really appreciate feed back because I want to invest my time in the wisest way possible and where I am going to reap the best results. Thank you so very much for considering this question!

• gtall likes this

#2 hlmines

hlmines

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationGreater Philadelphia Area

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:57 AM

Heyy there! 

I have found it helps in having a more professional look to have a LinkedIn profile. It permits others to not only see your credentials but also allows people to endorse you for your skills. 

With contacting on LinkedIn, it is similar to a cold contact because if he/she isn't interested, no harm/ no fowl. You might not even know them but it gives you the confidence to do it again. You can also search via location, position, etc. It really is an awesome resource!

I highly suggest it! You can connect with people you may have not chatted with in years in a more professional manner than Facebook. You can message and strike up a conversation and easily bring up your professional ventures.  ;)

I have a teammate who uses LinkedIn to connect with leaders in his specific area of expertise, baseball. He has been connecting with leaders in the baseball "area" ( I guess that is what you call it? lol) and exposing them to the information and encouraging them to go to the open meeting in his respective area. That is what is awesome about LinkedIn. You don't need to be close to these people to connect. 

I hope this was helpful and please let me know if you have any other questions or would like any other suggestions. I will do my best to answer. 

Committed to excellence, 

Heather

• ejbrodberg74, LibbyFrench and gtall like this

#3 Mrs.Bushey

Mrs.Bushey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:43 AM

Heather, thank you for replying to my question! You were very helpful and I really appreciate your input. Thanks again!

To Life,

Cora

#4 Carol Medina

Carol Medina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSpring, Texas

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:48 AM

Cora
Thanks for asking this question. I too had been thinking about this option.

Best of luck,
Carol
Carol Medina
Team Braveheart - FREEDOM!
Spring, TX

#5 Matt Schoenherr

Matt Schoenherr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationLansing, Michigan

Posted 30 November 2014 - 11:40 PM

...LinkedIn site and has had some wonderful connections come about through that source. She encouraged me to do the same.

...does having a presence on LinkedIn benefit my business or would that time be better spent elsewhere?

Cora,

I would like to add some thoughts here.

While yes, you can make contacts through LinkedIn, I would suggest you think of it as a business card. LinkedIn is more for lending credibility to your effort in the world rather than a serious way to network (though it can certainly be that.)

Use your LinkedIn account, Facebook page, Twitter, whatnot, as a place to dialogue and give your audience more information about you and what you do in the world. From your LinkedIn profile, you can link to your own website or to your LIFE affiliate page. When I updated my LinkedIn profile recently, I had a number of folks ask me about my 'new job' and this led to a couple new folks who joined our team.

Still, people will buy YOU before they buy what you're selling, whether an idea, business venture, product, service, marriage proposal, etc.  LinkedIn--like any social media channel--has its limits and cannot replace a good, old-fashioned, face-to-face chat between friends.

P.S.- God brings the right people to you when you are ready and able to lead them. Your prayer is never for more rain, but to be made a larger vessel by which to catch more rain.

Hope this was helpful.

• ejbrodberg74, mistydawn128, Lindy and 1 other like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Social Media, promoting, connecting expanding

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users