#1 John Feldhouse

John Feldhouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:57 PM

Hey Chris + Team,

I just got my new LIFE material for this month (the whole gambit of CDs and books, which, THANK YOU for two books in particular, Mark MacDonald's and the AGO Quick Guide. That is so handy when looking at the Bible and needing a reference; and Mark's is great because I am such a health nut it's great to see us starting to focus on some fitness parts more!). 

I put all my CDs on my phone so I can just listen where ever (even though I love Rascal Radio, I know I can get the latest and greatest in one playlist). The thing I've noticed is we don't include metadata on our CDs. You know, when you put a CD from One Direction in, it pops up as "One Direction - Awful CD" But ours always comes up as "Audio CD" and I have to do all the naming, etc. 

From what I remember in my tech days, adding the metadata to the CDs is just a quick addition before the duplication process starts. Is it possible to look into this? This would save a bunch of the Melancholies time and make our product feel more refined and finished. 

Thanks for any light you can shed on this!

• ejbrodberg74, smiesmom, Samueltymn and 15 others like this

"Be curious, not judgmental."
              – Walt Whitman

#2 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:59 PM

Hey Chris + Team,

I just got my new LIFE material for this month (the whole gambit of CDs and books, which, THANK YOU for two books in particular, Mark MacDonald's and the AGO Quick Guide. That is so handy when looking at the Bible and needing a reference; and Mark's is great because I am such a health nut it's great to see us starting to focus on some fitness parts more!). 

I put all my CDs on my phone so I can just listen where ever (even though I love Rascal Radio, I know I can get the latest and greatest in one playlist). The thing I've noticed is we don't include metadata on our CDs. You know, when you put a CD from One Direction in, it pops up as "One Direction - Awful CD" But ours always comes up as "Audio CD" and I have to do all the naming, etc. 

From what I remember in my tech days, adding the metadata to the CDs is just a quick addition before the duplication process starts. Is it possible to look into this? This would save a bunch of the Melancholies time and make our product feel more refined and finished. 

Thanks for any light you can shed on this!

Agree!

It's supposed to be done.

We'll dig in to why it's not.

Thx

CB

• ejbrodberg74 and John Feldhouse like this

#3 John Feldhouse

John Feldhouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:35 PM

Thanks, Chris! Always appreciate your willingness to listen and making the change happen. 

– Walt Whitman

#4 SuprStiehl

SuprStiehl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationLondon, Ontario

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:49 PM

John, this is an awesome thing to have on the cds. It definitely helps when transfering to other devices/etc. im mot sure if it is just us, however we've noticed the cd name come up when we put it in the car or play it through the computer. When we transfer to our ipod we have to put on the title and artist, however i think that might be because we convert it to audio book format (allows to choose chapters/tracks as playing).

#5 Clint.Fix

Clint.Fix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:29 AM

Each CD also contains an MP3 of the talk in 1 file, rather than broken into tracks. That MP3 already had metadata.

• mistydawn128, Ammon Nelson and DocNavyGuy like this

#6 Josh & Denise Bayless

Josh & Denise Bayless

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:56 AM

Just an FYI, there already is an option to just load the MP3 file onto your computer, which takes less time and less space on your storage. The title is included but, the only negative is that there are no tracks just one MP3 file, so when referencing the CD you will need to learn the time slot in the CD to reference instead of the track.

Hope that helps. I use a mac and it is super easy to integrate these files into itunes.

Joshua E. Bayless

• ejbrodberg74 likes this

#7 Evan G

Evan G

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:09 AM

I have never had an issue with having to name the mp3's.

I did have an issue with t only saying "Audio CD", but that was an issue with the computer.

#8 Ammon Nelson

Ammon Nelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationWeber County, Utah

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:04 PM

Each CD also contains an MP3 of the talk in 1 file, rather than broken into tracks. That MP3 already had metadata.

Excuse my ignorance, but I never knew this!  Wow, that makes my job every month of getting this on my phone and my wife's phone so much easier.  thanks for the tip.

"The first step in any effective application of knowledge is getting the knowledge. The first step in changing the world is to first transform oneself. Always. If what you read isn't transforming you in a positive way, it has no value - to anyone. Pick better books, a better venue for learning, a better set of mentors.  Invest the time to give yourself a real leadership education, one in which you are not just a passenger but one of the people driving the wagon. Actively pursue excellence."

-Oliver DeMille and Brad Bolon

#9 John Feldhouse

John Feldhouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:44 PM

Very nice, I learn something new every day! Thanks for the tip.  :D

– Walt Whitman

#10 Daniel S DeRoch

Daniel S DeRoch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationTaylor, MI

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:05 AM

Can we add the CD number to the name? I too get a CD, first thing I do is burn it to my hard drive. I then have to go in and name the CD number into the title of the audio. 

For example you have Change.MP3, I change the title to LLR 439 Change.mp3. This way I can list them in order of the CD and listen to them off my phone or computer in order. 

Daniel Scott DeRoch

Taylor, MI area

(734)578-6724

#11 Resolved_Rascal

Resolved_Rascal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 25 March 2015 - 03:12 PM

This is a little older thread, but most of the CDs do have the metadata with the CD name (some with the TL XXX product numbers) and some also have speaker information. If you use iTunes, it does not read the CD Text (metadata), it looks for the CD in an online database called Gracenote (formerly CDDB). There is a CD text reader for iTunes that you can download if you do not want to enter all of the information yourself. I submit all the CDs I import into iTunes to the service when I import them for others ease of use.

• Marc Page, Donna, Ammon Nelson and 1 other like this

#12 rgpeder

rgpeder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:52 PM

Agree!

It's supposed to be done.

We'll dig in to why it's not.

Thx

CB

Just to confirm, this is still happening.

I have to go in and label everything, including the name of the tracks, artists, and the album name, other wise windows media player sees all disks as unknown album

#13 Life Forum Admin

Life Forum Admin

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 82 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:27 PM

I have to go in and label everything, including the name of the tracks, artists, and the album name, other wise windows media player sees all disks as unknown album

According to the Media department, we've been including metadata on our CDs for 4-5 years. After reading your message, they think the issue may be with Windows Media Player.

"Newer versions of Windows Media Player have an irritating shortcoming.  The player won’t read metadata from a disc unless the user downloads and installs WMPCDText.exe (whichever version is most current). This is a free plug-in created specifically to fix this issue.  

I suggest going to http://download.cnet.com/WMPCDText/3000-2169_4-10787548.html  for a safe, clean download."

Hopefully that helps!

#14 Ammon Nelson

Ammon Nelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationWeber County, Utah

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:09 PM

Did you know that there is a single MP3 already on every cd. Just copy that MP3 file to your hard drive and import it into whatever media player you use.
  • Marc Page and DocNavyGuy like this

"The first step in any effective application of knowledge is getting the knowledge. The first step in changing the world is to first transform oneself. Always. If what you read isn't transforming you in a positive way, it has no value - to anyone. Pick better books, a better venue for learning, a better set of mentors.  Invest the time to give yourself a real leadership education, one in which you are not just a passenger but one of the people driving the wagon. Actively pursue excellence."

-Oliver DeMille and Brad Bolon

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: subscription, cds, llr, life, edge, freedom, finance, ago

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users