BigDog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:11 PM

POPULAR

To my Christian family,

I have often thought of taking the time to organize my thoughts and experiences as a Christian building LIFE Leadership. Over time I have gained a unique perspective as a LIFE member, and I have matured as a servant in my Church and family.   I decided to write these articles to help the Christian better see the business that I have grown to love, and to see how the business and the ministry dove-tail beautifully , and why I build LIFE for the Glory of God...

In the Gospel of John Chapter 10, Jesus begins a discourse on the Kingdom of God by using the example of the good shepherd that loves the flock versus the thief or robber that seeks to devour the flock. Jesus' audience did not completely understand the parable, so He goes on further to explain that all those that came before Him were robbers seeking to fleece the flock, but that He indeed is the good shepherd and His sheep will hear His voice and recognize His calling. His desire is that His sheep have life and have it more abundantly.  It is through the lens of a more abundant life that I see the LIFE Leadership Company and what we call the 8 F's (Faith, Family, Finances, Freedom, Friends, Fun, Fitness, and Following).  I believe that LIFE offers Bible centered information that equips us for not only a spiritual battle, but also an earthly battle. For many, this information has proven to be our best shot at living the life we have always wanted.

I was first introduced to the LIFE Company as a young Deacon in a very conservative Baptist Church. My Pastor Oliver J. Lemmie patiently mentored me in God's Word for over a decade, and I have yet to meet a more spiritually minded man in my life.  I gave my life to Christ as a 21-year-old college graduate and corporate IT professional. My mind was squarely focused on career success, personal gain and wealth. Pastor Lemmie helped me properly balance and prioritize my pursuit of God and my pursuit of earthly success, and for that I am forever grateful. He was a man of conviction, but he was not dogmatic in his teaching of God’s word. My wife Tina and I counseled with him before he performed our marriage ceremony, he prayed with us for the purchase of our first home, he encouraged me after my first layoff at 24 years old, he was there for the birth my children, and I learned to trust his wisdom in making life decisions. Naturally, years ago when I joined a forerunner of the LIFE business with Orrin Woodward and Chris Brady, it was Pastor Lemmie’s guidance that I sought for perspective. His words were thoughtfully balanced as he led me to Matthew 6:30-33 to help me set the business in proper biblical order…

Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?(For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knows that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

After reading and re-reading these scriptures, I was left wondering if he was giving me his blessing or giving me fair warning not to pursue advancement in the business. Was he warning me not to take thought of my daily sustenance? By pursuing a business was I showing a lack of faith in God for the provision of my daily needs? Was I being materialistic in seeking to gain additional income? I asked these and many other questions of my mentor, and I thank God that he took time to help me gain further insight. He helped me understand that God is a jealous God, and that He expects to be First in our lives. God will not settle for second place behind a career, a relationship, a hobby, nor a business. He encouraged me to always remember my Faith in Christ first, and everything else, which includes, Family, Finances, Friends, Fun, Fitness, Following, and Freedom, would be added to my life in abundance.

Now years later I am an Ordained Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the same Church where I grew up in the Lord. Throughout my association with Orrin Woodward and Chris Brady, we have endured monumental changes and the business has evolved drastically. With each change, I re-assess my involvement based upon my understanding of Matthew 6:30-33. Today I am confident in validity of the LIFE Leadership Company for the individual that seeks God and His righteousness first. My wife Tina and I have been blessed by the friendship of hundreds of LIFE members, blessed by the principle-based information, and blessed by the income that LIFE continue to generate for our family. I write today to help the bible believing Christian find answers to the most common concerns that many Christians share.

First, let me say that this article is written from my Christian perspective and intended for Bible believing Christians that are seeking answers to legitimate questions about LIFE. It not written to try and use the Gospel for personal gain, nor defend LIFE against its nameless and faceless critics. I cannot possibly explain why some people quit, some stay, why some excel while others fail. I can only speak to my experience, and I encourage you to live out your own experiences as well. I apologize for length of these articles, but I intend to offer comprehensive viewpoints based upon my experience in building compensated communities and sharing this business plan. I have shared our business with dozens of Bishops, Priests, Pastors, Ministers, and church Elders, hundreds of laymen in the church and I have taught and spoken in front of thousands of people across the Continent. The logic of the business makes perfect sense for those that want to study great information and grow personally, but I have found that most people have valid moral concerns that deserve transparent and straightforward biblical answers. Below I offer my viewpoints as food for thought for those looking to join the LIFE Leadership community. If you, after prayerful consideration and an open mindset, hear the voice of the good shepherd calling you, then join us as we build LIFE for the glory of God. And if not, God bless you, and pray for us as we pray for you.

Please provide feedback and your perspective as we help build a repository of information for those seeking true answers and guidance. Here are links the most common questions...

1. Are Christians free to profit in business or from the work of the ministry?
  2. Does mixing business with family, friends and Church members cause inevitable strife?
  3. How does the Christian balance faith and works in business?

• Chris Brady, Phil Wall, jeremy.pethke and 249 others like this

AaaaaOoooo

#2 shoni

shoni

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:51 PM

This was refreshing!  I'm really glad to learn articles on the topic that comes up often when sharing LIFE with family and new friends.  Some get it right away that this business has faith-based principles, and others come around to seeing that eventually. But all appreciate it.  I've grown personally through the material and being around such positive people in LIFE has encouraged me to strengthen my faith walk.  I wholeheartedly agree that there are some things Right in associating with people and plugging into information that positively influence your faith. 

• ejbrodberg74, sean.thomas and jimwirshing like this

#3 Nick

Nick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis, Missouri

Posted 02 June 2014 - 01:57 PM

It's always good to hear words from the Big Dog! I felt as if you were speaking to us directly on many points. The fact that our world (today) is so drowned with media that literally tears away at the very fabric our Faith demands, let's me know further our works are not only required more but they are necessary in not wasting a life that could be well lived! A life that could be all inspiring to an unsuspecting soul in need of spiritual nourishment. Faith isn't at the top of many minds for no reason at all...deep down the masses have this undying spirit (most times misunderstood or misrepresented) that says: "I am meant to serve!" Our God is indeed a jealous God and what a shame to have a society so comfortable in sitting back...idle...doing nothing as God continues to gives more than we deserve. We won't be the first is saying this (or the last) but it's very necessary with all he's brought us (and many others) through... THANK YOU GOD for sending us the example, in Christ Jesus our Lord & Savior's name...Amen!

PS - it's hard NOT to Praise Him!
  • sean.thomas, Wes7489 and jimwirshing like this

D.R.E.A.M.

Nick

#4 Dan Hawkins

Dan Hawkins

• PC
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:47 PM

Thank you Raymond for digging into this extremely important topic. You help bring clarity to so many areas. I know for myself, it was learning from the LIFE Leadership materials and attending the many Sunday services at national conventions that pulled on my heart to build a relationship with Jesus Christ. I consider it my mission to go out and reach others using this opportunity to build a relationship and with that trusting relationship built, share the truth that has set me free. Thank you again for using your gifts to help so many. 

• Matthew Henderson, SarahLHaddon, Dexter Stembridge and 6 others like this

#5 Neal Ruffner

Neal Ruffner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGrand Blanc, MI

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:24 PM

Wow Raymond, thank you so much for sharing your perspective and your heart!!

Excellent resources as well with the extra links. 

God Bless. 

Neal 

• sean.thomas and jimwirshing like this

Neal Ruffner

Liberators

LT-IT

#6 Clint.Fix

Clint.Fix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:55 PM

Thank you Raymond! Great articles!

#7 larryc

larryc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis Missouri

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:37 AM

I so appreciate the time you've taken to share your perspective when it comes to Christians involving themselves with the Life Leadership Company. These are sincere questions which deserve a sincere and honest straight forward response.   I know for myself I am very much a work in progress with so much to learn.

I am so thankful someone found a way to get someone like myself to read positive books because I insisted those days were over after leaving school and I am so appreciative that someone figured out a way to inspire me to listen to recordings from those with desired results instead of what I was usually listening to and I must thank God for the abundance of associations with postive men and women in my life.

Life Leadership and its leaders my not be perfect, I know of no man or company that is but in my experience it is a group of men and women wanting to be better and do better.  May each judge for themselves.

Thanks again Raymond and may God bless you, your family and your business.

Larry Cheatham   

• sean.thomas, jimwirshing and JimmyWrams like this

#8 Danielle Douglass

Danielle Douglass

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationFlorissant, MO

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:04 AM

Raymond, what great perspective.  I appreciate the time and thought you have put into this article.  It's interesting the role the media plays in shifting the minds of God's people.  At one point we understood the value in entrepreneurship and in a relatively short time we have shifted to an employee mentality.  I think Terri Brady says it best when she had to ask herself why did she think it was more holy for her to earn a living as an engineer versus from working this business.  Really, it's all in the mind.  James and I build the LIFE business to the Glory of God - we live our life to the Glory of God so why would we build this business any other way.  This business helps keep my character and integrity in check because it teaches me to lead by example and to serve others - to the Glory of God.  This business has helped me grow as a wife by learning my husband's personality and love language and taking practical steps to respect him as the leader of our family - to the Glory of God.  This business has benefited us with our finances, emphasizing the importance of tithing and paying myself first and NOT keeping us with the Joneses - to the Glory of God.  But, I must say the most profound way this business has helped me is in my relationship with my children (and now grandchildren).  While I've done a really good job at being a disciplinarian I have not done the best at showing love; in fact, I always had to appear tough.  The materials in our system have toughened my skin while softening my heart and I have begun showing more love toward my children.  Specific resources that have helped me with this include: Personality Plus, The Five Love Languages, The Five Languages of Apology, DNA of Relationships; Letters to Lindsey Blog, S.L.O.W, The Farce Side of Life, Raising Kids, Team Begins at Home: Husband & Wife, Pride, Stop and Blow Bubbles - A Portrait of a Mother, The Technology of Genius, Intro to DISC - just to name a few.  There are soooo many others. - ALL TO THE GLORY OF GOD.

This morning while reading my Bible this scripture stuck out at me: "Do you see a person wise in their own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than them." Proverbs 26:12.  This scripture was after 11 verses of not so kind words about fools.  I thank God because once upon a time I was that person wise in her own eyes.  But because of God's mercy and a group of Godly people offering LIFE changing information there is hope for me.  This is the hope that I share with others in my life and via the LIFE business - to the Glory of God.

• larryc, sean.thomas, spartan1 and 1 other like this

#9 Tina.Abernathy

Tina.Abernathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:58 PM

I know I am biased, but excellent article Mr. Abernathy.  Your heart for God and love of people shine through!

For us, the business of LIFE has always been and will always be to The Glory of God because that's who we are.  As Christians we are called to live our life in that manner so it's no surprise that we would strive to build our business, work a job, raise our children, make friends, serve meal, make a home etc all To the Glory of God.

Whatever you do, do it heartily unto the Lord....Colossians 3:23 I believe the "whatever" here includes how I earn a living and I praise God that I get to align my purpose, my passion and my pennies in this business called LIFE.

• sean.thomas, spartan1, debbiebanks and 1 other like this

#10 monteandashley

monteandashley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:53 PM

Raymond,

As always it never ceases to amaze me how you are able to articulate, in a thought provoking  fashion, the LIFE Leadership community while remaining in a biblical framework. Like others, this IS an important topic that a lot of us have dealt with. Only by delving deep into the materials provided by LIFE will one began to see the direct parallels in how we mimic the church.

In sharing the plan, like many others, a few church leaders have often been hesitant to accept the idea due to past operations of other businesses being presented to their congregation and causing havoc throughout. At first I was curious why some got on board and others did not. However, after re-reading your posts they really confirmed a lot about my early experiences. It is my prayer that through time many church leaders will see the change in their members through service unto the Lord and their neighbors. Finally, as LIFE cast its net to touch millions of lives I believe we will lead by example!

Thanks again for your thoughts and I do know this article will impact many!

-Monte

#11 JoeTracy

JoeTracy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:00 PM

Raymond, thank you for your transparency and directness with which you wrote this post. Community building was the mode that the Lord used to introduce me to Him. And for that I am eternally grateful. I believe you have kindly exposed the sincere concerns many Christians have regarding business. I appreciate that you prayerfully dug deep to answer the concerns.

I am proud to be part of LFE and especially AO
  • sean.thomas, jimwirshing, sapedmef and 8 others like this

#12 sean.thomas

sean.thomas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:08 PM

This is a great article!!! EVERY Christian thinking about becoming a LIFE member should read this. I totally agree with the concepts and the message mr ray. I personally have shared this idea with many Christians who looked the other way because they feel we are not doing God’s work and they could not be further from the truth. What better way to love thy neighbor than to go to them and serve them by offering hope and a way to help them live a better life? Pastors ALL across this country sell their books and cds from there sermons and offer marriage counseling and financial seminars to help their congregations. We offer the SAME info AND most importantly, its PROVEN to work!!! Like you said before mr ray, people need to REALLY take a look at what LIFE leadership is doing and get a FULL understanding of what we are offering people.

• jimwirshing likes this

#13 hcrankster

hcrankster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:01 PM

Thank you Raymond for your continued insight of a Christian brother's view of how The Life Business is truly set up to glorify our Lord and Savior Jesus!

• jimwirshing and Ardissmi like this

#14 JoySaverson

JoySaverson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:23 PM

Great Articles Raymond!   My heart leaps for joy because I know that you seek the Lord first before writing these articles and thank you for being obedient and allowing God to use you to deliver a timely Word.  I am reminded that God is Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end and that the LIFE organization was God’s big idea to begin with and God took a man (Orrin Woodward) who was bold and courageous enough to ask the tough questions and molded him to His likeness through trial and tribulation to represent a business that is for the people by the people that has been called to seek the Lord first and change lives.  His very story is a testament to God’s grace and mercy which leaves an open path for others to walk and live their life on purpose for God’s Glory!  I've had a family member who has come to know the Lord through this business at a major convention. He returned home, found a church home, and he and his family are active members there.  I believe that anyone who gets involved in the LIFE business and take advantage of everything that is offered in the first 30 days will too realize that every Pastor, Business Owner, Politician, Father, Mother, Teen, Teacher, Leader, Employee of any sorts needs to be a part of this Faith based, principle driven movement!  As for me,  the LIFE Business has helped me fire up Passions that I didn't know I even had, which in turn fuels my Purpose and because God is so good, I can Profit from the gifts that he bestowed upon me to bless my family, give back and help others do the same ALL FOR HIS GLORY!  What a mighty God we serve!  And because God started this Mission, it ain't over until He says it’s over and I will be confident of this, that he who began a good work in you (in us, in LIFE) will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.  And the LIFE Business, my friend, is a good work. 

• Danielle Douglass and jimwirshing like this

#15 leslie.ward

leslie.ward

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:46 PM

Thank you Raymond for always stepping out and leading by your faith and belief.  From the beginning LIFE was and still is built on biblical based principles leading people to truth and through the LIFE information and association my walk continues to grow and get stronger everyday. There are too many things that are competing for priority in life today and quickly become most important to you if you don't actively choose to put God first.

I remember listening to a CD by Laurie Woodward that said it best to me.  She painted a visual and took some water color paint and wrote down her priorities in life giving each one a different color beginning with God first, her husband, her children, etc.placed directly beneth each other. She then took a water bottle and began to spray God and His color ran down and through every one of her priorities and that vision has stuck with me ever since!

You see, when you have your life right and in order with God and you put Him before everything else, He will give you everything you need!  I BELIEVE!

This is the best shot at living the life you've always wanted. To God be the Glory, Amen!

Leslie

• jimwirshing likes this

#16 essjas21

essjas21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:28 PM

I believe the Life Business AGO Series is another way that the Lord can reach lost sheep. He does not touch the heart of everyone the same way because we are not all the same. Since he created us he knows how to call us to Himself. Being apart of Life and subscribing to the AGO Series has helped me to stand stronger on the principles in the Word. It has been a priviledge for me be in a business  where the corner stone is built on the Word.  Why can't a business just do what is right and teach others to do the same?  To me this is true Leadership when it brings Glory to God.

Thanks for writing Raymond

LJ

#17 jmjiii

jmjiii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:26 PM

Big Dawg,

In my nearly 60 years on this earth, it has always bothered me when folks "cherry-pick" the Bible to justify their obedience AND dis-obedience to GOD instead of looking at the entire body of work that the Bible is. This business is just like any other business. Christians create and work in all kinds of businesses, so what make this one any different??!! Are all businesses bad??!! If that's the case, a lot of folks are in trouble.

I believe that as long as you (as a Christian) are true to your faith as you go about the process of buiding a LIFE business, you will be OK. If you do not, then I believe you won't be okay. That goes for anything you try to do in this world. It's just like money. Money is neither good nor evil. It comes down to the person with it that determines what effect it will have on others.

Raymond, when I chose you as my mentor I knew I was making a wise choice. You laid it out here and as I continue to grow in this business, keeping GOD first, I know everything will be alright.

Stay up! Stay strong!

A-O

• jimwirshing likes this

#18 JaySmull

JaySmull

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:19 PM

Absolutely phenomenal  article!! As usual Mr Big Dog has nailed it precisely! I am spoiled, and honored to be able to hear Raymond's perspective on a regular basis and here he delivers at his usual level of awesome!! As a licensed minister myself I could not agree more with this position and applaud you Raymond for posting it here. May God bless you and Tina in all you do! Know that Angela and I are two of your biggest fans!!

• jimwirshing likes this

#19 Matthew.mielke1

Matthew.mielke1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:36 AM

Raymond, my brother in Christ, I thank you for your wisdom and the time you have taken to put your thoughts to pen (or keyboard) :)  When Michelle and I embarked on the journey of building compensated communitites, I was excited to share the information to help the memebers of Christ's church develop skills and courage to share the good news.

So many lessons along the journey.  One question, of many, I'd love forum feedback relates to "God's calling."  What does it look like when God calls you?  Is it emotional in nature?  Does it feel good and therefore God is calling you?  Or, does God call you to decisions that are beyond your comfort in  order to draw you closer to him? 

What is your understanding, biblically and persoanlly, regarding this question?

Your Brother in CHrist,

Matt mielke

• jimwirshing likes this

#20 BigDog

BigDog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:35 AM

Raymond, my brother in Christ, I thank you for your wisdom and the time you have taken to put your thoughts to pen (or keyboard) :)  When Michelle and I embarked on the journey of building compensated communitites, I was excited to share the information to help the memebers of Christ's church develop skills and courage to share the good news.

So many lessons along the journey.  One question, of many, I'd love forum feedback relates to "God's calling."  What does it look like when God calls you?  Is it emotional in nature?  Does it feel good and therefore God is calling you?  Or, does God call you to decisions that are beyond your comfort in  order to draw you closer to him? 

What is your understanding, biblically and personally, regarding this question?

Your Brother in CHrist,

Matt mielke

Matt, 

Thanks for your reply my friend.  Your question is a great one in regards to the calling of the Lord in a believer's life.  I believe the answer is as diverse as we are as people.  First let's define being called. As a young man in the Church my Pastor started talking with me about becoming a Deacon, and I being very nervous, asked him the question...how do I know if I am called? He explained that being "called" begins with a desire to serve the Lord. A desire deep within the heart of the believer to see a need and be willing to fill that need.  My personal calling began as a young man feeling God in my heart, and acknowledging His miraculous grace in my life. Over the years, God used many people in my family and strangers to confirm His calling in my life.  Biblical leaders like Moses inherantly saw a need to fight for his people even before called from the burning bush.  David saw a need to fight for the sheep in his care before being called by the prophet as the King.  In the case of these two men, God had been pragmatically grooming them for their calling. Gideon was not groomed and he needed a lot of signs before he heeded his calling.  Ester needed an emotional call from her family member before she acknowledged her calling. The prophet Samuel audibly heard the voice of God calling him.  Jonah ran from his calling, and God used the storms of life and a big fish to turn him toward Nineveh. The gospel writer Mark acknowledged his calling, encountered opposition and ran from his calling, only to return after maturity.  The uniqueness of the "calling" of God, is as unique as our fingerprints, and only God knows the journey that he intends for each person. We can rest assured that God has a plan for each one of His children, and we would be better served to submit to His will for our lives and acknowledge His calling.

The calling of God begins with a desire to serve Him, see a need and fill that need.  There will be tests of faith that we must overcome in order to heed our calling, but eventually we all will have to submit to God's will, and trust that when He has given a vision, He gives provision. 

God Bless you my friend...See you at the major!

• Matthew.mielke1, DWRascalROKofKaizen, larryc and 5 others like this

AaaaaOoooo

#21 Cid C.

Cid C.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:20 PM

As a brother in Christ who is active in ministry wanting to make a difference in this world, I really find your post uplifting and encouraging. Next to Terri's talk on "Fortify Your Thoughts" I think this is a great post for those wanting to help give God the glory while building Life Leadership. Thanks so much for posting.

• Nick, Matt Schoenherr and jimwirshing like this

#22 Gene Bulmer

Gene Bulmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:02 PM

#Hebrews12_1
We’re surrounded by a great #Cloud of witnesses, encouraging us to persevere, proving the non-technical aspects to the “cloud.”

;- )

Thanks, everyone!

• jimwirshing likes this
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

#23 marknelson

marknelson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:47 PM

Hello Raymond, 

Thank you for this tremendous article!  I too have been so appreciative of the integrating of the Christian faith into all that is done, especially by Orrin and Chris, and see this is a way to continue in ministry.  I have not yet met you, but I look forward to doing so!  As someone who has only been a part of LIFE Leadership for 3 months and is a new PBO, I cannot say that I have a complete understanding of how and where LIFE includes the faith, but I can say that I have liked what I have seen so far.

Being in the Twin Cities, a relatively new market for LIFE, we have had the opportunity to hear great speakers from around the country at our meetings.  Though, there are many things I have liked and appreciated, I very much struggle with the way money is spoken about.  I am finding that (even if unintentionally) the presenter makes it seem as if money and financial wealth is the primary goal of joining the community, and that the fullness of the mission I know LIFE is supposed to be about is taking a back-seat - "LIFE Leadership seeks to provide the information, encouragement, opportunity, and community necessary to individuals who are hungry to live a life that counts!"  Additionally, my perception (emphasis on perception) is that the presentation is stating that it is money and wealth that gives us freedom - freedom from a "job," freedom to use our time as we wish, etc.

Could you address this concern?  I am wondering what is being done or can be done to help give accurate perceptions of where freedom and happiness come from.  I feel this is one part of the vision that Orrin and Chris may have that is not being well articulated to those who give the talks at the open meetings.

Thank you!

In Christ,

Mark Neslon

• jimwirshing likes this

#24 Matthew Henderson

Matthew Henderson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:11 AM

This is such a great topic and I'm glad that you brought it up because I have wondered about the same thing. I am a Christian and I desire to serve the Lord with my whole heart and with everything that He has blessed me with. I have lived with my family growing up in mostly poverty and financial struggle. I have seen my family constantly stressed about finances (myself included) and I can't stand the thought of seeing my family or other people suffer. I have learned through the Word of God that it is His WILL for us to prosper so that we (the church) can reach the lost with the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Every one of us has destiny and purpose on the inside of us! The business model for LIFE Leadership makes so much sense and is the best thing that I have seen growing up and trying to figure out what career or path that I would choose in life. I want to build my LIFE Leadership business for the glory of God and to make as much money as I can to be able to help others with it. I want to be able to help advanced the Gospel in every way possible that I can. The most important thing is to always keep Jesus, the center of your LIFE. I truly believe that the Lord has brought me to LIFE Leadership and He is going to use this community to help change this world for the glory of God. I love talking to people and being involved in the lives of others and what better way than with life leadership principals that are biblical. Money is only a tool, a servant. Use it for the glory of God and the advancement of the Gospel.

"Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, The Holy One of Israel: “I am the Lord your God, Who teaches you to profit, Who leads you by the way you should go." Isaiah 48:17

"And you shall remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth, that He may establish His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day." Deuteronomy 8:18

I heard this quote which was really powerful: "It's not selfish to want to make more money. It's selfish when you only want to make just enough money or provision for yourself."

We were created to be unselfish and to bless others.

"I have shown you in every way, by laboring like this, that you must support the weak. And remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’” Acts 20:35

Ultimately provision comes from God but we must put our hands to something in order for Him to bless it. Sow good seeds and watch them grow and return in due season.

"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." Galatians 6:9

"I can do all things through Christwho strengthens me."

"And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:13,19

"Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers. For I rejoiced greatly when brethren came and testified of the truth that is in you, just as you walk in the truth.I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." 3 John 1:2-4

God bless!

-Matthew Henderson

• jimwirshing likes this

#25 BigDog

BigDog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:58 AM

Hello Raymond, 

Thank you for this tremendous article!  I too have been so appreciative of the integrating of the Christian faith into all that is done, especially by Orrin and Chris, and see this is a way to continue in ministry.  I have not yet met you, but I look forward to doing so!  As someone who has only been a part of LIFE Leadership for 3 months and is a new PBO, I cannot say that I have a complete understanding of how and where LIFE includes the faith, but I can say that I have liked what I have seen so far.

Being in the Twin Cities, a relatively new market for LIFE, we have had the opportunity to hear great speakers from around the country at our meetings.  Though, there are many things I have liked and appreciated, I very much struggle with the way money is spoken about.  I am finding that (even if unintentionally) the presenter makes it seem as if money and financial wealth is the primary goal of joining the community, and that the fullness of the mission I know LIFE is supposed to be about is taking a back-seat - "LIFE Leadership seeks to provide the information, encouragement, opportunity, and community necessary to individuals who are hungry to live a life that counts!"  Additionally, my perception (emphasis on perception) is that the presentation is stating that it is money and wealth that gives us freedom - freedom from a "job," freedom to use our time as we wish, etc.

Could you address this concern?  I am wondering what is being done or can be done to help give accurate perceptions of where freedom and happiness come from.  I feel this is one part of the vision that Orrin and Chris may have that is not being well articulated to those who give the talks at the open meetings.

Thank you!

In Christ,

Mark Neslon

Mark, 

Thank you for your comments and I appreciate your thoughts on this delicate subject. I know that LIFE does a great job of systematizing the content that we hear at our meetings.  This is a tough job because there is value in freeing up each speaker to personally share what excites them about the business.  For some it may be the money, for others it's the relationships, and still for others it's the personal growth.  That diversity of value is what makes our business so unique and powerful. At times a speaker may not be speaking my "love language", but they may be dancing on my guests primary language.  I think this is what Paul wrote about in I Corinthians 9:19 Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible.  

And if a particular speaker does not feed me, then thanks be to God that we are blessed to have a system where we can find great information that is everything to everyone that we might win many to this cause of blessing 1 million families. Hope this helps....

Raymond

Raymond..

• spartan1, marknelson and jimwirshing like this

AaaaaOoooo

#26 marknelson

marknelson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:39 PM

Thank you, Raymond!  That certainly was helpful.  What you said has led me to remember a couple of key concepts: 1) to take the plank out of my own eye before the speck out of my neighbor's ;)   2) if we continue to work towards the bettering of the LIFE community AND all leaders allow the Holy Spirit room to work in their lives, the greater purpose will become more integral. 

I will also try to focus my attention on the purpose: "LIFE Leadership seeks to provide the information, encouragement, opportunity, and community necessary to individuals who are hungry to live a life that counts!" 

Thanks again; your response did help!  I will remember your love language example, "For some it may be the money, for others it's the relationships, and still for others it's the personal growth."

In Him,

Mark

• jimwirshing likes this

#27 Gene Bulmer

Gene Bulmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:49 PM

Thanks, Raymond.
I think most Christians will struggle with this...hopefully early on in their climb. Of course we pray and rely upon God to provide for us...but we don't wait around for it to happen. That would be like being downsized & then simply sitting in a dark room in your rocking chair waiting for employers to call.

The key is the state of your heart: who & what is first? Do we realize that all we strive for, materially, will turn to dust & thus learn not to love it? Do we sincerely seek God, His ways, His mind & His will in our lives? Additionally, do we torture ourselves, seeing every rejection or setback as God "changing His mind"? If so, look at ANY Biblical character chosen by God: the path is NEVER free from brambles, ruts or growth opportunities camouflaged as challenges!

I love the YouVersion phone/tablet app.- it allows me to tune into to audio scripture 1st thing every morning - then after that, some Rascal Radio & then assorted CD's in the car. Reading your column & hearing our leaders stress the importance of God's Truth helps cement the knowledge that what we're doing is what God wants us to do. Once that fact is clear - we must then trust God for the results (lol EVEN in a state like New Jersey, where cynicism runs HIGH & the opportunities for growth abound!).

I'm not ordained...but I teach Christian Apologetics in adult Sunday school. The logic & reason used are also immensely helpful in ascertaining that the LIFE opportunity is a great one. It is, however, merely a vehicle into we all must add fuel.

Thanks for sharing your insights & thoughts, brother.

• jimwirshing likes this
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

#28 Mary Meens

Mary Meens

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:56 AM

Hello Raymond,

Thank you for sharing these thoughts.  My husband, Gregg and I, and met doing ministry in 1994 and we believe that LIFE is the "greater ministry" that we have been waiting for.  PTL for God's servants, Orrin, Chris and all the Policy Council!

On March 4, 2014, God spoke to me as I was gazing at a drawing of the cash flow quadrant.  This is what I heard in my spirit:  I want more Christians to move to the right side of the quadrant to have more influence in the Earth.  Money is the power of the Earth.  If only ungodly people have money, the Earth will grow increasingly ungodly.  Godly people need money to bring about the godly changes I desire in the Earth.

My husband and I are inviting our compensated community to a small church we began about two years ago.  This Sunday will be the first time they attend.  

We feel that LIFE Leadership is not only our business, but also our ministry and our larger church. 

One more thing God has spoken to me relates to the verse, "I have come that you might have life and have it more abundantly."  John 10:10 - Getting ourselves free to live the life we've always wanted takes us back to the garden life - the Garden of Eden lifestyle - where God initially created us.  I love that - no limits on where God can use us - no limits on the time that we have to spend with Him.  Money limits and time limits are not hindering us from just enjoying fellowship with God and allowing him to guide us and move in the genius He placed within each of us, and serve Him anywhere He calls us. The Garden life is God's normal. 

Blessings,

Mary Meens

• jimwirshing likes this

#29 spartan1

spartan1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:41 PM

Matt, 

Thanks for your reply my friend.  Your question is a great one in regards to the calling of the Lord in a believer's life.  I believe the answer is as diverse as we are as people.  First let's define being called. As a young man in the Church my Pastor started talking with me about becoming a Deacon, and I being very nervous, asked him the question...how do I know if I am called? He explained that being "called" begins with a desire to serve the Lord. A desire deep within the heart of the believer to see a need and be willing to fill that need.  My personal calling began as a young man feeling God in my heart, and acknowledging His miraculous grace in my life. Over the years, God used many people in my family and strangers to confirm His calling in my life.  Biblical leaders like Moses inherantly saw a need to fight for his people even before called from the burning bush.  David saw a need to fight for the sheep in his care before being called by the prophet as the King.  In the case of these two men, God had been pragmatically grooming them for their calling. Gideon was not groomed and he needed a lot of signs before he heeded his calling.  Ester needed an emotional call from her family member before she acknowledged her calling. The prophet Samuel audibly heard the voice of God calling him.  Jonah ran from his calling, and God used the storms of life and a big fish to turn him toward Nineveh. The gospel writer Mark acknowledged his calling, encountered opposition and ran from his calling, only to return after maturity.  The uniqueness of the "calling" of God, is as unique as our fingerprints, and only God knows the journey that he intends for each person. We can rest assured that God has a plan for each one of His children, and we would be better served to submit to His will for our lives and acknowledge His calling.

The calling of God begins with a desire to serve Him, see a need and fill that need.  There will be tests of faith that we must overcome in order to heed our calling, but eventually we all will have to submit to God's will, and trust that when He has given a vision, He gives provision. 

God Bless you my friend...See you at the major!

Very well put for a sometimes perplexing question in our lives! 

Thank you Raymond!

Katrina

So Cal.

Team Liberty Quest

• spartan1 and jimwirshing like this

#30 Gene Bulmer

Gene Bulmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:58 PM

"Take the teachings that you heard me proclaim in the presence of many witnesses, and entrust them to reliable people, who will be able to teach others also."
2Timothy 2:2

That's 4 generations of leaders developing other leaders. Fired up!

#31 Gene Bulmer

Gene Bulmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 27 May 2016 - 01:16 AM

I'm working with the LLR materials (text-books, various CDs, RR, etc) with a large, local church looking to ramp up the skills of its ministerial leaders (currently 4 people) - and the topic/term "Transferable Influence" as arisen in the discussion.

I'm developing the feeling that, through repetitive (same CD/Digital Program) & ongoing (new CDs/Digital Program) we develop influence which can be transferred via the TA/Marketing System - much like the 2 Timothy verse above:

"Take the teachings that you heard me proclaim in the presence of many witnesses, and entrust them to reliable people, who will be able to teach others also."

Any thoughts on "transferable influence"?

#32 Gene Bulmer

Gene Bulmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:58 PM

O.K, I'll start -

• "Transferable Influence" (which needs must be subtle)
  • How does one obtain an environment of 'transferable influence'? By consistently modeling & messaging into your culture (not THE culture, your culture - be it corporate, faith-based or personal).
    • How can one effectively "message & model"? Via systems thinking, communicating & edification.
      • Belief
      • Discipline
      • Action

That's 4 to 5 generations of influence!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users