22 replies to this topic

#1 Life Leadership Forum

Life Leadership Forum

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:52 PM

LIFE Members,

This article is being posted for the exclusive intent of offering peace of mind and hopeful resolution to any current or future LIFE Member that may have read or heard about the subtraction of Chris Brady and Orrin Woodward from the Top 30 Leadership Gurus List published early in 2013 posted on www.leadershipgurus.net.  The original article, now deleted, read ”…Orrin Woodward and Chris Brady, who have had substantial votes since 2010, were disqualified and removed from the list because more than 98% of their votes came from only three IP addresses, meaning that only three people voted for them over and over again...”

Yes, they actually said that.  Feel free to read it again.  We couldn’t believe it either.  Considering the size and breadth of Chris and Orrin’s following and the tens of thousands of LIFE Members within North America, the accusation is ludicrous on its face and sensationalism more worthy of National Enquirer rather than a reputable leadership site. 

Fortunately, people of integrity expect to be believed and when they are not, they let time prove them right. Earlier this week, the Top 30 leadership site made an official retraction and apology to Orrin Woodward and Chris Brady.  Although LIFE Corporate chooses to take the high road in all of its dealings, due to the untruthful, misleading, and potentially damaging statements, LIFE is communicating the full retraction.   

Here it is: 

Apology and Retraction: In January 2013 Leadership Gurus posted a note that we had disqualified Orrin Woodward and Chris Brady because most of their votes were from 3 sources. After one year of reviewing substantial legitimate votes for Mr. Woodward and Mr. Brady which are enough to keep them in the top 30 list, we now believe that previous votes we based our original statement on, may have been due to other circumstances including but not limited to, a few overzealous fans, multiple people using a central IP address like a university, or foul play from competitors to discredit them. Regardless, we believe we have made a mistake and would like to apologize to Mr. Woodward and Mr. Brady for the earlier statements. The note was unsubstantiated and has been removed from the Global Gurus Website and should not be referred to or relied upon by any other person, entity, website, blog or social media outlet of any kind.”

WE, meaning the corporate office, would like to apologize to our adored community for any discomfort experienced as a result of leadershipguru’s lack of professionalism in posting defamatory information about Chris or Orrin without first seeking to understand all the pertinent facts.

On a brighter note…

LIFE Corporate is thrilled to congratulate both Chris Brady and Orrin Woodward for their most recent recognition and placements on inc.com’s “Top 50 Leadership and Management Experts” list published on May 12, 2014.    

Using an analysis-based approach focusing on nine different areas, the research team dedicated to this project set out to answer the question, “So, who are the most popular leadership and management experts in the world?”   (Of course, we could have saved them a lot of research, but it’s nice when a highly popular and credible magazine thinks so too!)  Orrin was awarded #20 on the list and Chris was awarded #39, but really, when it’s a GLOBAL TOP 50, what an honor to even be considered!  We couldn’t be happier for our founders, mentors and friends.  Congratulations again to these fine gentlemen! 

Available at newsstands everywhere, Inc. is a magazine based out of New York City founded and is the publisher of the annual list of the 500 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S., referred to as the "Inc. 500", for over thirty years.  To see the complete list of the “Top 50 Leadership and Management Experts” and enjoy some of the other great articles published by inc.com, just click here.

• LK.Seaman, bcpowers, Phil Wall and 29 others like this

#2 Brandonperry

Brandonperry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:00 PM

We always knew the truth about our amazing leaders, thank you for continuing to plow a path of excellence that we all can follow.
  • bcpowers, Ammon Nelson, CariHartman and 1 other like this

#3 Clint.Fix

Clint.Fix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:28 PM

Thank you for the clarification! 

• jimwirshing likes this

#4 CJ Calvert

CJ Calvert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:08 PM

This is a fantastic public apology and retraction. Kudos, Orrin and Chris!
  • DWRascalROKofKaizen, Jeremy Pottberg and jimwirshing like this

Choose to live an exceptional LIFE!  Phillippians 4:8

#5 Jeremy Pottberg

Jeremy Pottberg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:22 AM

Just a bump in the road on our way to 1 million. 

• jimwirshing likes this

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence is therefore not an act but a habit." ~Aristotle

"
There is no safety in a significant life, and there is no significance in a safe life." ~Chris Brady

#6 Neal Ruffner

Neal Ruffner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGrand Blanc, MI

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:36 AM

Awesome, thanks for the update! Great to hear!

• jimwirshing likes this

Neal Ruffner

Liberators

LT-IT

#7 Nick

Nick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis, Missouri

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:31 PM

You can't hide or deny a great leader...

D.R.E.A.M.

Nick

#8 Marlan and Judy Henry

Marlan and Judy Henry

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:30 AM

Thanks for the formal clarification.  The committed field members didn't believe the discrediting remarks anyway.  

Is there a location on the blog or on the virtual office website that lists and describes the awards for both the products and leaders?  It would be a great tool for corporate presentations and plans.  I see the Media tab/News area.  Is it complete?

Thanks,

Judy Henry

• Ammon Nelson, jimwirshing and Justiniales like this

#9 Carol Medina

Carol Medina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSpring, Texas

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:34 PM

Thanks so much for the update. On to a million!
  • BraveheartMicah likes this
Carol Medina
Team Braveheart - FREEDOM!
Spring, TX

#10 michael.hartmann

michael.hartmann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:48 AM

A double-win for Life Leadership! Not only a retraction and public apology from one source but then reinforced credibility by not only a totally independent source, but a highly credible one at that! As Inc.Magazine has been in publication since the late 1970's, they have a respected following of hundreds of thousands of subscribers throughout the world. Inc's praise and endorsement are significant.

Cudos again to Orrin & Chris!

• bcpowers, Dan Hawkins and jimwirshing like this

#11 Tyler PrudHomme

Tyler PrudHomme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationPincourt, Quebec, CA

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:02 PM

So awesome to see this happen: commit to integrity and when it comes back around, its a breath of fresh air.
CONGRATS to both Orrin and Chris! We're only just getting started!!
  • jimwirshing likes this

#12 Phil Wall

Phil Wall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:57 AM

Love it!  Its hard to apologize for even the little things sometimes, and leadership gurus chose to retract and apologize for something rather big, even after a year has passed.  nice one leadership gurus i'm impressed.

• jimwirshing likes this

#13 Chris.miller

Chris.miller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:06 PM

I seen it over and over Orrin& Chris taking the high road no matter what the critics said and it always came out a blessing in the end. déjà vu

• bcpowers and jimwirshing like this

#14 Mike Kolp

Mike Kolp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:50 PM

Congrats to our leaders!!!! Truly level 5 leaders and soon to hold a Guinness World Record as well!!! See you in Columbus!!!!

• ejbrodberg74 likes this

#15 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:51 PM

Here's the full press release.  Thank you to Inc. Magazine!

Orrin Woodward and Chris Brady Named Top Leadership Experts by Inc.com Orrin Woodward and Chris Brady, cofounders of LIFE Leadership, have been named on the Top 50 Leadership and Management Experts list published by Inc.com. These two men are both authors and experts in the field of leadership and personal development.
  • tweetBtn.pnglikeBtn.pnggooglePlusBtn.pngliinkedInBtn.pngbutton1-email.gifrepostus_bttn_shrt_repost.png
gI_83489_logo.png
release-topquote.gifIf you're too big to follow, then you're too small to lead.release-bottomquote.gif

(PRWEB) June 11, 2014

It is not often that two founders of the same company are named on a nationally recognized list of top leadership experts at the same time. That makes the accomplishment of LIFE Leadership cofounders Orrin Woodward and Chris Brady particularly impressive. Both men were named on the Inc.com Top 50 Leadership and Management Experts list. Mr. Woodward was listed as number 20, while Mr. Brady came in at number 39 among the top 50 most influential leaders in the fields of leadership and management.

Orrin Woodward is the Chairman of the Board of LIFE Leadership and is a New York Times bestselling author. He has sold over one million copies of his books on leadership and personal development, such as LeaderShift and Launching a Leadership Revolution. His book RESOLVED: 13 Resolutions for LIFE was named one of the All-Time Top 100 Leadership Books and is used by schools and businesses across North America to teach leadership principles. Mr. Woodward regularly speaks to large audiences across the globe on the topics of leadership, success, personal development, economics, mentoring, history, and freedom.Woodward's blog was chosen as an All-Top Leadership Blog selection and one of HR’s Top 100 Blogs for Management and Leadership. Mr. Woodward's latest book, And Justice for All, will be published in the summer of 2014 by Obstaclés Press in conjunction with Next Century Publishing and will be featured at an event on June 21 in Columbus, Ohio, in which Mr. Woodward will attempt to set a new GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS® title for the Largest Book Signing in history.

Chris Brady is also a New York Times bestselling author. He coauthored Launching a Leadership Revolution with Orrin Woodward, and he has sold over one million copies of his books on leadership and personal development, including A Month of Italy, which was a 2013 Gold ADDY Award winner and was featured in the movie A Long Way Off, and Rascal, which won the 2013 Living Now Evergreen Book Awards Gold Medal. Mr. Brady is the cofounder, CEO, and Creative Director of LIFE Leadership. He speaks to audiences of thousands around the world about leadership, personal development, success, and motivation and was named one of the Top 100 Authors to Follow on Twitter. His blog was chosen by Online Masters Degree Programs for the Masters Award in Leadership. Brady is a humorist, historian, and the creator of the beloved characters Obstaclés, the villain who tries to stop anyone from achieving excellence, and Rascal, the courageous hero who defeats Obstaclés and stays true to his purpose. These characters formed the inspiration for Rascal Radio and Obstaclés Press, both owned by Brady and Woodward.

Orrin Woodward and Chris Brady are also cofounders of All Grace Outreach, an organization that is dedicated to philanthropic work. Both men are impeccable examples of leadership through a multitude of channels and sources. Their personal development speaking engagements, with thousands in attendance, are a small measure of the insurmountable life guidance they have provided individuals, families, and companies. Well-deserving of these titles through Inc.com, both Woodward and Brady plan to continue inspiring others to live a fulfilled life of gratitude, perseverance, and success.

About Orrin Woodward and Chris Brady: 
Both Orrin Woodward and Chris Brady regularly impart their wisdom to others through writing and speaking. Both men are avid bloggers, regularly speak in front of large audiences, and together own multimillion-dollar companies. Both Mr. Woodward and Mr. Brady try to assist others in fulfilling their dreams and becoming the best they can be by thinking properly, applying the right information, and working hard and smart.

• bcpowers, tom.bitson, sscolvin and 9 others like this

#16 Marc Militello

Marc Militello

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:07 PM

INC magazine Top 20!  This is such a huge deal!!  Well deserved by Orrin and Chris!  Great leaders lead by example and we have the best!!

• bcpowers, tom.bitson, Kristine Mlitello and 1 other like this

#17 Kristine Mlitello

Kristine Mlitello

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:23 PM

Leadership cannot be hidden!  No matter what, and through God's amazing grace, Orrin Woodward and Chris Brady cannot be stopped or hidden because they are TRUE LEADERS!!!   So proud to know them both! 

• bcpowers and jimwirshing like this

#18 Tina.Abernathy

Tina.Abernathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:38 PM

I am so proud to be associated with men and an organization that takes the "high road" which is less travelled!!

Nonetheless thanks for publishing this apology and congrats on INC recognition.  To God be the Glory!

Onward to a million and beyond

AaaaaaOOoooooo

• jimwirshing likes this

#19 LK.Seaman

LK.Seaman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:44 PM

Awesome.

• jimwirshing likes this

#20 KaiMcCollough

KaiMcCollough

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 21 September 2014 - 08:40 AM

Thank you for posting this! I know I'm a little late to the game but I had received that article from a friend operating under the intention of "opening my eyes"! I'm so glad that LIFE doesn't play the PR game like other companies. Integrity is GOLD!

• slpries, RyanCalovich and jimwirshing like this

#21 Tsesi

Tsesi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:50 AM

I have not met Mr. Woodard or Mr. Brady so I can not speak to first-hand experience of their character.
What I can tell you, is that there are people in my life whom I respect greatly, and for good reason, who speak very highly of these two men.
That may be second hand information, but I do consider it good information.
That's how reputation works.

• Ammon Nelson likes this

#22 BraveheartMicah

BraveheartMicah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationThe Woodlands, TX

Posted 20 April 2015 - 11:15 AM

If you don't have critics, you might not be doing anything of significance.  

One of the best quotes I've ever heard around this community is "People of integrity expect to be believed, and when they are not, they let time prove them right."  Orrin/Laurie, Chris/Terri and all the LC's/founders have done nothing short but live up to their high standards and continue to walk the walk in faith and with contagious courage.  

Awesome stuff to see Truth win and light overpower and dispel the darkness, again.

FIRED UP.

MK

• Marc Page and Ammon Nelson like this

Micah Kramer

Team Braveheart

The Woodlands, TX

"There's nothing more fun, than kicking butt in a business!" C. Hamilton

#23 MichelCôté

MichelCôté

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationDieppe, NB Canada

Posted 08 May 2015 - 10:57 AM

I have decided a long time ago to base my opinions on relationships.  I have had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Woordward and look forward to meeting Mr. Brady upon earning such a blessed opportunity.

A kind, thoughfull and caring man.  Mr. Woodward reached out to me, a french canadian from the east coast during a 1 hour meeting in a small community outside Halifax NS.... Staying to ensure he shook everyone's hands before leaving.  He has my vote.  He has made a difference in many peoples lives.  It is to no surprise to me that his reach is now international.  Not doing it for the mentions on tops leaders list, but to make a difference in peoples lives.

you have succeeded with mine.

Thank you!

M

• Marc Page and lishi like this

Michel

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: leadership gurus, top 30 leadership guru list, Orrin Woodward, Chris Brady

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users