Photo

Open discussions with the authors of Obstacles Press...

Pails Toughen up LLR Splash Turn the page Mentoring matters A month of Italy Confidence of a champion Voyage of a Viking We hold these truths

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Marc & Tessa Mercier

Marc & Tessa Mercier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:26 AM

Hey guys, I love reading. One of the things I enjoy most is that I get to have some one on one time with the author. Sometimes we agree, sometimes we don't and in the end is always a learning experience. So here is what I propose; we use this thread as a platform to take that experience to the next level. In here we can post questions, comments compliments, etc. And hopefully we can enhance our reading comprehension and enjoyment by having open discussions with each other and e even maybe with the authors.
;-)
  • BrittanyBurmeister, CJ Calvert and tukmeldhvi like this

Marc Mercier

#2 Marc & Tessa Mercier

Marc & Tessa Mercier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:30 AM

Things as reading Pails by Chris Brady and I think this is one of the best books I have ever read in my life. Thank you Chris for such an important piece of literature. I did have one sentence that I didn't quite agree with however and it is on page 122 where you posit that les talented people are the more focused they have to be. When I read that, it stopped me dead in my tracks. Especially when considering the exemple of DaVinci. I believe the more talented people are, the more focused they have to be because it is easy for them to waste time on multiple things. I think less talented people would have some sort of natural focus based on some deep level of survival instinct. What are your thoughts?

Marc Mercier

#3 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:16 PM

Things as reading Pails by Chris Brady and I think this is one of the best books I have ever read in my life. Thank you Chris for such an important piece of literature. I did have one sentence that I didn't quite agree with however and it is on page 122 where you posit that les talented people are the more focused they have to be. When I read that, it stopped me dead in my tracks. Especially when considering the exemple of DaVinci. I believe the more talented people are, the more focused they have to be because it is easy for them to waste time on multiple things. I think less talented people would have some sort of natural focus based on some deep level of survival instinct. What are your thoughts?

Ooh, good point! (the one about more talented people having an additional pull against them for distraction!)  I quite agree!

CB

• sscolvin and Adam & Teesa Rossman like this

#4 CJ Calvert

CJ Calvert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:08 PM

ForeverStrong, the amazing thing about this forum is that we DO have access to Chris Brady regularly, as well as Claude Hamilton.  Chris, I commend you for your dizzying pace of activity at juggling multiple projects, one of which being the administration duties of this forum.  You are remarkably responsive to so many people, made all the more impressive by your sky-high accomplishments contrasted with your grounded, self-deprecating style.  I deeply appreciate that quality in you, sir. 

• sscolvin, Adam & Teesa Rossman, Karyn&RodLiddle and 1 other like this

Choose to live an exceptional LIFE!  Phillippians 4:8

#5 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:03 PM

ForeverStrong, the amazing thing about this forum is that we DO have access to Chris Brady regularly, as well as Claude Hamilton.  Chris, I commend you for your dizzying pace of activity at juggling multiple projects, one of which being the administration duties of this forum.  You are remarkably responsive to so many people, made all the more impressive by your sky-high accomplishments contrasted with your grounded, self-deprecating style.  I deeply appreciate that quality in you, sir. 

And here I was marveling at how much YOU get accomplished!  Like that latest CD of yours that just came out that everyone's raving about, or the new level you hit, or your high profile on this forum, or, or, or . . . keep up the great work!

CB

• CJ Calvert and gjohnson like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pails, Toughen up, LLR, Splash, Turn the page, Mentoring matters, A month of Italy, Confidence of a champion, Voyage of a Viking, We hold these truths

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users