#1 Neal Ruffner

Neal Ruffner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGrand Blanc, MI

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:56 PM

I totally understand that this would be considered a small rock in the grand direction of Life Leadership, but was just curious if the Top 50 book list was going to be updated soon?  :)

Granted, it is an amazing list with some awesome books, but I think with so many new books that have come out from Life Coach's and the Life Leadership Essentials Series I can imagine a few changes to it. Or is there going to be a specific Life book list that are self-published? 

Just curious. Thanks!

And I suppose this could turn into a new thread...  :) What is your favorite books from the current Top 50 list?

My top 3 are: 

How to Have Confidence and Power in Dealing with People

The Dream Giver

The Slight Edge

Although it is very tough to rule out about 8 other titles from that top list... I guess that's why they call it the TOP 50! 

Neal Ruffner

Liberators

LT-IT

#2 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:17 PM

I totally understand that this would be considered a small rock in the grand direction of Life Leadership, but was just curious if the Top 50 book list was going to be updated soon?  :)

Granted, it is an amazing list with some awesome books, but I think with so many new books that have come out from Life Coach's and the Life Leadership Essentials Series I can imagine a few changes to it. Or is there going to be a specific Life book list that are self-published? 

Just curious. Thanks!

And I suppose this could turn into a new thread...  :) What is your favorite books from the current Top 50 list?

My top 3 are: 

How to Have Confidence and Power in Dealing with People

The Dream Giver

The Slight Edge

Although it is very tough to rule out about 8 other titles from that top list... I guess that's why they call it the TOP 50! 

Yes, we are going to revamp that list soon!

CB

• sscolvin, James Kozak and KCJellison2013 like this

#3 CJ Calvert

CJ Calvert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:01 PM

Neal, great thread.  So many amazing books to pick from.  The books I find myself turning to most often right now are:

LLR

Resolved

Bringing out the Best in People

21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership

Speed of Trust

If we are revamping, my two cents of what books to ADD would include:

Crucial Conversations

Anatomy of Peace (or Leadership and Self-Deception)

Think and Grow Rich

Confidence of a Champion

• DWRascalROKofKaizen likes this

Choose to live an exceptional LIFE!  Phillippians 4:8

#4 debberryman

debberryman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 10:01 PM

Confidence of a Champion is the book that spoke to me the most, of all the Leadership books I've read.

#5 NeilGeisel

NeilGeisel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationLancaster, Pennsylvania

Posted 10 May 2014 - 11:00 PM

Thanks for bringing this up Neal. Awesome to hear this will be "revamped".   When I started getting into reading life changing books, I resorted to this list and as a melancholy, I highlighted each book in yellow as I purchased it. Then proceeded to check them off as I read them. Currently I have five of them to buy, and twelve more to read to finish the current list! Then Oliver DeMille and Orin Woodward offered some other great lists. I keep the lists with me and as I find books, I stash them for our dream library. Many of them to be read of course.

There are many great books on that list,,, I would love to see and utilize a top 100 books list. As a company with a reading culture, I'd love to see this area explored more. Even creating a Life Leadership "greatreads" (like "goodreads") and import the feedback and comments from the Life Leadership site.

Some of my favorite that are currently on the top 50 list are...

Rascal

Magic of thinking Big

Visioneering

The Price of Everything

...and about 30 others!!! :)

• DWRascalROKofKaizen likes this

sol_flag_sm.jpg

#6 Jeremy Pottberg

Jeremy Pottberg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:15 AM

Why not the TOP 50 + 1!

While I don't think it fits into the TOP 50 itself, Turn The Page should def be a compendium for everyone. I think it should be read asap to maximize your time and retention while reading the TOP 50.

Turn The Page is a fantastic addition to any library.

• sscolvin, Charles Gopez and Jetrina like this

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence is therefore not an act but a habit." ~Aristotle

"
There is no safety in a significant life, and there is no significance in a safe life." ~Chris Brady

#7 Ammon Nelson

Ammon Nelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationWeber County, Utah

Posted 09 October 2015 - 10:39 AM

I have a couple of suggestions for improvement concerning the Top 50 book list and the shopping center on the LIFE Leadership website:

1. Some of the books on the published top 50 list are not available to purchase through the shopping center.  I would much prefer to purchase these books through my own business, than Amazon or Barnes and Noble.  Is there a difficulty in making these books available to purchase and sell as products in our businesses?
  2. When I go to the shopping center menu, click on Personal Development>>Books>>Top 50 - I get a list of less than 50 products, not all of which are books, and not all of the books shown are on the published top 50 list.

• Jetrina likes this

"The first step in any effective application of knowledge is getting the knowledge. The first step in changing the world is to first transform oneself. Always. If what you read isn't transforming you in a positive way, it has no value - to anyone. Pick better books, a better venue for learning, a better set of mentors.  Invest the time to give yourself a real leadership education, one in which you are not just a passenger but one of the people driving the wagon. Actively pursue excellence."

-Oliver DeMille and Brad Bolon

#8 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 09:06 AM

I have a couple of suggestions for improvement concerning the Top 50 book list and the shopping center on the LIFE Leadership website:

1. Some of the books on the published top 50 list are not available to purchase through the shopping center.  I would much prefer to purchase these books through my own business, than Amazon or Barnes and Noble.  Is there a difficulty in making these books available to purchase and sell as products in our businesses?
  2. When I go to the shopping center menu, click on Personal Development>>Books>>Top 50 - I get a list of less than 50 products, not all of which are books, and not all of the books shown are on the published top 50 list.

Ammon:

We are in the process of fixing both of these issues.  The shopping center, which is a piece of crap, is getting totally rebuilt.

The Top 50 book list will be fixed so that if it's on there, we will carry it.

thanks!

CB

• sscolvin, DWRascalROKofKaizen, David Youngblood and 2 others like this

#9 Ammon Nelson

Ammon Nelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationWeber County, Utah

Posted 14 October 2015 - 10:26 AM

Ammon:

We are in the process of fixing both of these issues.  The shopping center, which is a piece of crap, is getting totally rebuilt.

thanks!

CB

I hesitated to ask the question, but talked myself into it because I knew there would be an awesome answer.  Thanks Chris.

"The first step in any effective application of knowledge is getting the knowledge. The first step in changing the world is to first transform oneself. Always. If what you read isn't transforming you in a positive way, it has no value - to anyone. Pick better books, a better venue for learning, a better set of mentors.  Invest the time to give yourself a real leadership education, one in which you are not just a passenger but one of the people driving the wagon. Actively pursue excellence."

-Oliver DeMille and Brad Bolon

#10 DWRascalROKofKaizen

DWRascalROKofKaizen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationLand o' Buckeyes

Posted 14 October 2015 - 09:23 PM

I hesitated to ask the question, but talked myself into it because I knew there would be an awesome answer.  Thanks Chris.

I've also noticed some issues with the Shopping Center - although considering how quickly this company was launched just short of four years ago, it was amazing what was available on Day 1 ;) Now, Martin & co. are on board + lots of PDCA has happened, right on, Chris? ;)
  • Ammon Nelson and lishi like this

-SJ
Rok of Kaizen
twitter.com/RkKaizenSbsL

Four CORE missions:
Spread prosperity

#11 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 09:43 PM

I've also noticed some issues with the Shopping Center - although considering how quickly this company was launched just short of four years ago, it was amazing what was available on Day 1 ;) Now, Martin & co. are on board + lots of PDCA has happened, right on, Chris? ;)

Youbetcha.  It's going to get better and better.

CB

• Ammon Nelson likes this

#12 Nick

Nick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis, Missouri

Posted 15 October 2015 - 11:10 AM

The Dream Giver - I think this book should be read more by adults!

D.R.E.A.M.

Nick

#13 Nick

Nick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis, Missouri

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:55 PM

Surprisingly, my favorite is The Dream Giver! (with the top 5 books daily)

D.R.E.A.M.

Nick

#14 lishi

lishi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Locationcortez, colorado

Posted 15 October 2015 - 04:07 PM

YESIREEBOB SJ!   HUGE technical improvements are happening...through the infamous PDCA process... we are and will continue to be THE BEST!  we've got "THE SPUSTA"! :)

hugs,

lishi :)

“Average leaders raise the bar on themselves; good leaders raise the bar for others; great leaders inspire others to raise their own bar.” – Orrin Woodward

#15 lishi

lishi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Locationcortez, colorado

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:47 PM

YESIREEBOB SJ!   HUGE technical improvements are happening...through the infamous PDCA process... we are and will continue to be THE BEST!  we've got "THE SPUSTA"! :)

hugs,

hugs,

accckkkk!!!  the FAMOUS!!!! PDCA process... sheesh... my sincere apology for THAT typo  :rolleyes:

“Average leaders raise the bar on themselves; good leaders raise the bar for others; great leaders inspire others to raise their own bar.” – Orrin Woodward

#16 Adam & Teesa Rossman

Adam & Teesa Rossman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationRockford, IL

Posted 16 October 2015 - 07:33 PM

Ammon:

thanks!

CB

Chris, you crack me up!  Thanks for everything.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: reading, top 50 book list, top 5 books

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users