16 replies to this topic

#1 Orrin Woodward

Orrin Woodward

Advanced Member

• PC
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:05 PM

Many people have come to faith in Christ through their association with other Christians in LIFE Leadership. Please share how LIFE Leadership was used by God to draw you into a saving relationship with Jesus Christ or how it strengthened your existing faith. Love to hear how God is working through this community! Laurie and I both surrendered to Christ through the Holy Spirit working upon us while building communities. The Lord humbled us by showing us our sins and self-focus before freeing us by the finished work of His Son Jesus Christ. Our business did not take off after that fact (God waited until He revealed Team Approach to us) but our peace and joy changed the way we felt about God, life, and people. This made building the business a joy since we constantly meet new people with a focus of serving them. What is your testimony?

• lucjsantiago, James Kozak, Neal Ruffner and 4 others like this

#2 Jim Steward

Jim Steward

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationModesto CA

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:12 PM

What a great topic. Can't wait until I have a story to share here!

#3 Mike Hart

Mike Hart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:50 PM

I came to know the Lord 12 years ago. After struggling most of my life with alcohol and drugs, my wife tricked me into going to a men at the cross event. My life was changed that weekend. Life Leadership has helped me tremendously in my roles at my church. I now lead the men's ministry, and serve on the church council as well. I also serve at walk to Emmaus events. These are designed to improve leadership in the church. Through speaking experience gained showing the plan, and knowledge gained reading and listening to cd's, I was able to write and give a talk at one of these weekends. Thanks for all that you guys do. Its awesome to be a part of an organization that is changing the world.
  • John Feldhouse and ValerieLorna like this

#4 John Feldhouse

John Feldhouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:25 PM

Mike, that's truly amazing. It's great to see a life transformed through Christ and through LIFE. I love what Dan said "God didn't make no junk" - know that you're loved by this community and a larger one, too! Thanks for being the first brave one to share their story, it's not easy.

• Mike Hart likes this

"Be curious, not judgmental."
              – Walt Whitman

#5 JesusH

JesusH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSturgis, MI

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:45 PM

I can't pin point an exact time of salvation. But I do know that hadn't it been for this business i might of ended like some of my friends who have been in trouble with the law, they've been involved with drugs and heavy alcohol drinking and even with kids (nothing wrong with having kids). But thankfully because I was told to not miss anything I qualified for I've been away from a destructive association. I am no big shot in this business but I am going to keep shooting until my lord and savior calls me to his kingdom. Until then I will continue to liberate the captive and teach my family that no matter what material things we have or don't have we have already been saved all we need to do now is embrace the gospel and evangelize when we are called to! God bless this country i was brought here at the age of 10 and then I didn't see the point of such decisions and now that I'm a little older I want to share what this great country has to offer with the rest of the world! Whatever it takes. Thanks to the leadership and keep fighting the good fight!
  • gjohnson likes this

#6 AshleyBeaubien

AshleyBeaubien

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:09 AM

I'm so excited to see this as a topic on the forum! My journey with faith actually started and came alive after joining the Leadership of life. I am forever grateful for the wisdom I've learned and Christian role models I now have from rubbing shoulders with so many great and inspiring people. My faith journey with life dates back to about 10 years ago. I was a shy girl just about to graduate from high school. At the time I knew who God was but I can't say that I was very inviting in being his friend. I thought I was, but looking back I wasn't a very good one. I lacked the confidence, trust and direction that He was wanting to give and I had no clue about the relationship we were about ready to embark on. Growing up to that point I had no father figure in my life. My dad had passed when I was very young. My basic faith before life was just praying for a boyfriend and hoping God would answer. I don't know how I knew to pray this, but while praying for a boyfriend, I prayed for a man to come into my life that would know the Lord and walk with him. I was aware that I lacked the knowledge of what to look for in a husband and I was always confused about what the right qualities to see modeled were without it being superficial. Well God answered that prayer when he brought Chris into my life, that is where everything began. At the time of meeting him, he had just become friends with who are now some of the key leaders here in Life leadership, God started instantly moving. One of the first lessons I learned being around you guys, was the power of purpose and giving your life to a worthy cause. At the time I had met Chris, I was just used to surviving and lacked vision while he was heavily involved in a secular band who were on the verge of making it big. Chris took a look at his life for the first time and knew he had two very different paths he could take; one that would sanctify his relationship with Christ and fit in with his cause, and one that would appear to make him famous. He gave up the band. That was the first time I had ever really had an example of a godly man to look up to. he was so selfless, he loves that band. It was cause over his comfort as he was a shy boy himself. Even today, this memory has always has stuck with me. He was so shy, he could have just stayed in the background drumming and yet the power of the dream to make a cause that God spoke into his life using this as the vehicle to make it happen was what he chose. Incredible. He made me want to be better, and so I began to just follow in his footsteps. Now that he had inspired me to have vision and to trust in taking Godly risks though his example, I had to learn how to have faith. When times got tough in our life journey and we had to grow, Chris never spoke of regret or got angry, he just displayed a very real example of faith and patience in Christ. That gave me what I needed and led me to an intimate relationship with Christ as a well. This was also a sign that he was the one to marry as I had prayed for a man of character and he wasn't budging on making his cause come to fruition even when it was hard. We then married and a new area of struggle began to grow. Though we both shared a cause, we clashed and fought all the time. We are the same personalities. Today we still have to work in this area but I love how our marriage was solidified by the coming together for a common purpose that we felt God called over our lives, to lead people to truth in the 8 targeted areas with this business and to bring forth freedom, prosperity both financially and economically. Learning to sincerely love one another has been another area where life leadership has helped hold the bar as we have amazing Christian mentor-ship and friends to keep us accountable and a culture that keeps us humble and hungry to not quit. Today and even looking back I have always seen my husband transform into this higher and higher caliber of a man. I can see God prepare him and watch it unfold. I love it. Its always been like that because of where he associates, he is always preparing: reading to gain respect and wisdom, listening to audios to purify his mind and attacking his Bible like it will go out of print. Together we now don't just read about our biblical fore fathers like Moses and Nehemiah, we now being in a position of similar leadership, see that our hearts like theirs crave justice and ache over the same things, we find ourselves understanding their stories like never before and it all becomes so real. It is real. God uses Chris and this association with Life to teach me that prayers get answered and that God likes to give great gifts to his children who ask. This was an answer to a once young girls prayer. One I can today physically see being carried out with the business as the vessel through which God chose to show his providence for me. I thank God every day that He has given us this gift of something that fits into who we were made to be so well. I now know who God is because I learned how to pursue a relationship with Him. He used our cause to transform. I have seen him turn our lives into a purpose, our weaknesses into His strengths and our timidity into courage and peace.

#7 Brandonperry

Brandonperry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:42 PM

Great topic Orrin,
I attended my first major in June of 2001. I came from a family that never taught Christ or believed in him. I was a young man struggling in my life with who I was and why was I hear. Came to that weekend and one talk by Tim Marks forever changed the course of my life. I went home from that weekend and immediately found a church and started getting the answers needed. And what an even bigger blessing to have an AGO series come out and continue to educate all of us in this very important area. Also God gave me an opportunity almost a decade later to thank Tim. Shortly after the launch of LIFE Chris and Terri invited me to host them on a Sunday at the major, when who was giving the sermon....Tim Marks, thankful for the work He did through Tim so that now He can work through me. Since then I have watched my only sister to also come to Christ, along with her husband. We are all eternally thankful for this community and what it truly does in the lives of others.

#8 david.springsteen

david.springsteen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:58 PM

Truth is truth and it is amazing how topics and principles you hear on LIFE CDs during the week you hear again on Sunday morning. This is a constant reminder of our value in Christ. It forms a complete picture of what is really important in life now and in Eternity. On a regular basis I send our pastor quotes and ideas that I hear or read through the LIFE business and he quite often uses in messages and Bible studies.

When I started in LIFE and went to my first Major two things really had an effect on me. The first was the National anthem at the events and the second was prayer and no one apologizing for their faith. That is really different from the business environments I have been involved where if you even mentioned your faith could be a cause for termination. The culture was so intense that I was sitting on the edge of my seat with tears running down my cheeks. Thanks LIFE Leadership for setting the example for us to follow in living our faith.

#9 Dan Hawkins

Dan Hawkins

• PC
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:35 PM

This is one category that I did not see changing so drastically in our lives. We attended church every Sunday and said the right words, prayed before most meals and while putting the kids to bed, but something was missing. It was a Sunday morning service at a LIFE Leadership convention, I walked into the arena and looked around as thousands made their way to a seats. As the pastor was speaking I heard truth in a way I had never heard it before, convicting truth of my brokenness' and His grace. The message that I heard that morning sent me on a path to understand and create a relationship with Christ, one that I never had before. I made clear to me that I am in need of a savior and that Christ came to earth to do just that. 

I am so thankful that the leadership of this company sees the important of getting the faith F right in our lives. No one ever pushed faith on me, but inspired me to dig into the topic and provided resources and mentorship to do so. 

Tim Mark's says it best: "Know why you believe what you believe."

• Adriano Troli, p&gzills and gregory_d_bie like this

#10 Adriano Troli

Adriano Troli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:03 PM

I remember hearing that at the very beginning of my training... Tim Marks saying "Know why you believe, what you believe" and I also remember thinking that was a great statement.  It made me think... As it should have, and as i imagine, Tim designed it to. 

But all the same, I was unimpressed every time I heard God mentioned. I thought the way the media had taught me to think... You NEVER mix religion with business. I remember a gentleman i worked with saying that the information was like a buffet... take what you like, and leave the rest.  and so i did.

But as time passed, and as i became more and more involved, I started realizing that there was much more to the this aspect of life than i understood.  Soon after these realizations started, i was fortunate enough to be at the live event where Chris Brady gave the talk "Dark Waters", and although i can't say that i ever had a massive AH HA moment, It was in that talk, sitting in a full stadium, that i realized that i wanted to learn more.  At that point i made a commitment to attend church regularly, and although i had started to "dip my toe in it", I made a committment to dive into the learning curve.  And I'm happy to say i've done just that.  

I've commited to teaching my children about the Lord, and more importantly, We've (My now wife, then girlfriend of 15 yrs, with 4 kids) done our best to model the people we want our children to become... It is not the easy path, but it is a great one.  I'm VERY thankful that I did what Tim Marks suggested.  It has been the most important decision I made.

• gjohnson likes this

Adriano Troli

Kaizen Steadfast

If we're not up, We're getting up!

#11 Neal Ruffner

Neal Ruffner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGrand Blanc, MI

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:13 PM

Wow, Great topic Orrin. This is one of the main reasons why my wife and I are now so passionate about what we do with Life Leadership. I never really grew up in a church at had any type of faith whatsoever. I will do my best not to be long winded. :)

Prior to Life Leadership, I actually was a self proclaimed atheist. I would proudly deny God's existence and spew out all types of nonsense in order to justify my claims. I was heavily entrenched in the party scene at an early age which obviously continued on into my college life. Drinking, drugs, and many other bad habits were the comforts that I clung to. These were the only things that would bring me comfort and feel whole, but they were only a temporary fix which would always lead to the next "temporary fix". Deep down inside I always felt empty but had no idea what was missing. All is knew is that is definitely wasn't God that was missing from my life, because he was for weak minded people... Little did I know...

It was in a dorm room at Michigan State University that one of my best friends from childhood came and showed me this crazy plan. I signed up on the spot only because he told me that we could make a lot of money together. I signed up for my own selfish reasons and truly had no idea what was in store for my future. Long story short, after attending numerous majors and skipping the Sunday service that follows I was convinced by Tim Marks and Jim Martin to attend and see what all the "Jesus Christ Stuff" was all about. My eyes were not opened immediately, but it gave me a hunger to dig in and learn more. As Tim Marks always says,  "Know why you believe what you believe". Tim handed me the book by Joe Nesom, "Be Sure What You Believe" and I devoured it. He invited me to church and I began to attend regularly and was baptized a year later after truly understanding the Doctrines of Grace and what God and His Son have done for me. Now, instead of clinging to my old habits and former lifestyle for temporary comfort, I cling to the cross that my Savior Jesus Christ was nailed to to pay for my sins and bring me eternal comfort. 

The verse that I hold dear to most out of all the other great words in the Bible and describes my life story perfectly is: 

2 Corinthians 5:17: Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 

This is why my wife and I love Life Leadership, because we can help people get out of the old habits and destructive behaviors they are ingrained in and give them hope again. 

God bless. 

Neal

• gjohnson likes this

Neal Ruffner

Liberators

LT-IT

#12 Evan G

Evan G

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:11 PM

I may not have the greatest testimony. But there is an AGO product that really helped me start to read the Bible again and go to church regularly. I would always read the AGO book of the month, but none really impacted me until the book called Point Man. There's a chapter in it that suggests how to make reading the Bible a daily routine, even if its only 15 minutes a day. It recommended getting a One Year Bible, which I did. Since getting it, I can longer start my day without getting into God's Word.

• Adriano Troli, gjohnson and ValerieLorna like this

#13 charles.emerson

charles.emerson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:51 PM

My wife and I came to know Christ before life leadership. For us we really struggled parenting and many of the AGO books have helped. I remember reading Shepherding A Child's Heart. First off what we were doing was dealing with the symptoms not the heart issues. And what it brought out was your main job as a parent is to help them to understand the chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy him forever.
  • gjohnson and ValerieLorna like this

#14 Aaron Knelsen

Aaron Knelsen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:33 PM

I love that LIFE leadership has & will bring many more to Christ because it is a grace organization. People never feel threatened by mentioning "Faith" as one of the F's. Its there for the taking to improve yourself. The sunday morning whorship is the best worships ever.

• gjohnson and gregory_d_bie like this

#15 LyndaVarada

LyndaVarada

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:01 AM

I think the biggest impact LIFE has had on my walk is that it has taught me to grow up in my walk, not to be satisfied with meager faith.  I remember seeing the Policy Council ladies and feeling the gap, really feeling the gap.  Praise God for the gap!  What if I never felt the gap?  I'd never get uncomfortable enough to move on and change and grow and be a part of what God is doing through LIFE Leadership.  

#16 Adam Konopka

Adam Konopka

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:21 AM

God likes to give great gifts to his children who ask. This was an answer to a once young girls prayer. One I can today physically see being carried out with the business as the vessel through which God chose to show his providence for me.

Ashley!

This is Awesome! Great sharing and great insight :)

Looking forward to seeing you and Chris NEXT WEEK!

May God continue to bless your house & your Team

Adam

#17 sgtmom1-Angel

sgtmom1-Angel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationFielding, Utah

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:38 AM

I have not known how to do this before, but I have shared in my blogger account http://freedomlifeli.../testimony.html

May I thank the founders again. I know nothing happens by chance, everyone is placed in our path for a reason and has something to teach us or we have something to teach them. Be open to learning and receiving together.

http://freedomlifeli...e.blogspot.com/

Listening to many, many Audios and Reading from several books at once, absorbing and integrating the information, Transforming myself into the woman I need to be to fulfill my mission and purpose which Heavenly Father put me me on earth to do.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Christianity, Testimonies, Truth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users