Photo

How to download eBooks with the new site!

books ebooks life leadership

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 John Feldhouse

John Feldhouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:32 PM

Here are a few tips for those trying to access eBooks on the new LIFE site:

1) Go to www.life-leadership-home.com

2) Click on one of the 8 F's at the bottom of the page (you won't be able to access the "have an account" from the main home page)

3) The "Have an account?" will then shift over so you can click on it

4) Log in with your information

5) Go to the STORE option (you no longer have to click to get a drop-down!)

6) On the left side, click "BOOKS"

7) The panel will drop down and you should be able to click "eBooks" at that point

8) Purchase whichever eBooks you wish to read and off you go!

I figured I wasn't the only one who was trying to figure out how to get into the site on a kindle. I hope this helps!

• Kyle Herminath and sandra.bray1 like this

"Be curious, not judgmental."
              – Walt Whitman

#2 Claude

Claude

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:49 PM

The great thing about ebooks is besides being good to read on your iPad etc, there is no shipping and the points are credited right away making this a great end month order product!

• Wade Hamblin, Ricky.Farrand, DWRascalROKofKaizen and 1 other like this

#3 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:53 PM

Here are a few tips for those trying to access eBooks on the new LIFE site:

1) Go to www.life-leadership-home.com

2) Click on one of the 8 F's at the bottom of the page (you won't be able to access the "have an account" from the main home page

3) The "Have an account?" will then shift over so you can click on it

4) Log in with your information

5) Go to the STORE option (you no longer have to click to get a drop-down!)

6) On the left side, click "BOOKS"

7) The panel will drop down and you should be able to click "eBooks" at that point

8) Purchase whichever eBooks you wish to read and off you go!

I figured I wasn't the only one who was trying to figure out how to get into the site on a kindle. I hope this helps!

Feldy:

And thanks for posting these instructions.  I've passed them along to the programmers to see if they can simplify the process for you.  Also, I am glad you like the new, more direct access to the store (no more having to bring open a drop down menu).  We will keep improving and simplifying.  Keep the suggestions flowing!

• DWRascalROKofKaizen and sandra.bray1 like this

#4 JesusH

JesusH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSturgis, MI

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:51 PM

Feldy:

And thanks for posting these instructions. I've passed them along to the programmers to see if they can simplify the process for you. Also, I am glad you like the new, more direct access to the store (no more having to bring open a drop down menu). We will keep improving and simplifying. Keep the suggestions flowing!

A thing to watch out for, when you are downloading them in your iPhone make sure that you open it with the right app Because (correct me if I'm wrong) you are limited to the the amount of times you can download the eBook.

#5 John Feldhouse

John Feldhouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 10:19 AM

A thing to watch out for, when you are downloading them in your iPhone make sure that you open it with the right app Because (correct me if I'm wrong) you are limited to the the amount of times you can download the eBook.

Right, you get 3 downloads, meaning you could put it on your iPhone, iPad and Kindle (or some such combination like this).

I think the key is don't click the download button more than once until it starts downloading. Patience is a virtue.  ;)

"Be curious, not judgmental."
              – Walt Whitman

#6 JesusH

JesusH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSturgis, MI

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:20 AM

Right, you get 3 downloads, meaning you could put it on your iPhone, iPad and Kindle (or some such combination like this).

I think the key is don't click the download button more than once until it starts downloading. Patience is a virtue. ;)

#7 Chris Dorr

Chris Dorr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:29 AM

Okay, I'm looking for some help here. I am very new at this whole ebook thing. I am sure I am missing some key steps that make the convenience of ebooks all worth it. I have purchased several ebooks from my life leadership website and have gone to the purchased ebooks tab and have clicked to download the .epub version of the selected book. I am doing this from my mobile device (ipad mini) and the file to download is not recognized by the ibooks app. 

Customer support is telling me that I need to download to a computer and then email the file to myself to get on my mobile device. In order for this to work, I am using a free web service that is converting to an epub file so it is recognized as a ibook file on my mobile device. 

This whole process does seem to go against the idea that I can be sitting in an airport, realize I need a book to read, go to my life leadership website and have a book in 5 minutes. 

For the record, there is one book that has worked to get downloaded seemlessly from the website and that was the Financial Fitness Workbook. The A  Month in Italy, Financial Fitness and Launching a Leadership Revolution books I have had to use the email to myself a converted file method. 

Please help. What am I missing?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: books, ebooks, life, leadership

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users