#1 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:40 AM

POPULAR

Jackie1.jpg

On Wednesday, March 5, our dear friend and cofounder of Life Leadership, Jackie Lewis, went home to be with her Lord.

Jackie was an inspiration to so many of us over the years, in both her stage presence and the way she lived her life.  She was loved beyond the ability of words to convey, and will be deeply missed. We would ask that everyone keep Bill, their four children, and the Leveque family in prayer.

Also, we want to begin this topic on this forum as a permanent place where each of us can share stories, memories, photos, and videos of Jackie and the impact she had on our lives.  Her time here with us on earth may have been short, but it was tremendously deep and meaningful. 

Thank you Jackie for the way you lived your life among us.  May God be glorified by your legacy.

Sincerely,

The Founders of LIFE Leadership

See the funeral here, or watch below:

See her testimony below:

Jackie2.jpg

Castle.jpeg Beach.jpeg Arena.jpeg Restaurant.jpeg Crowd.jpeg Bill and boys.jpeg Girls.jpeg Boys.jpeg

• Claude, LK.Seaman, Eric Rascher and 91 others like this

#2 Scott.Coons

Scott.Coons

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationJackson, MI

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:56 AM

I truly believe the following quote describes Jackie very well "You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." Dear Jackie YOU did it right!! Thank you for your love, friendship, and guidance. Though our hearts are broken with selfish grief, we rejoice in knowing that you are home where you belong with our Savior in Heaven..

• Scott.Staley, Eric Rascher, Mike Gorski and 31 others like this

#3 Dan & Sherri Swartz

Dan & Sherri Swartz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:59 AM

Wow. Words can not express the sadness Sherri and I feel. I'm amazed how LIFE can make such a young person SO WISE! When you listen to Jackie on the CD's, She had so much knowledge in such a short amount of time. While we never had the privilege to know Jackie Personally, we feel we do through the CD's. As I listen to what she had to say...her words were so Prophetic! Bill, She was a remarkable woman and I know that you were married to an angle! While man finds themselves lost for words to speak, or say things at a time when we shouldn't because we can't understand what you are going through. Only someone who has lost a spouse can Identify. I'm not Here to say I can, as i can't. but I know GOD does. I know that he can comfort where we can't. I know he can fill the void left by Jackie! I also know that she left her mark on EVERYONE that heard her!

She was brave enough to step out and grow, she sacrificed herself to help found the LIFE business, Through her courage, life after life has been changed and now.....well now, she got the ultimate "LIFE" award! Eternal Life with our heavenly father who is loving her, and she is worshiping at the very feet of God! She will be missed and has truly left her stamp on my life! We will be in prayer for your family! You are part of a great community, the best community to help at a time like this!   

With Kindest Regards, 

Dan & Sheri Swartz

• kcortezano, JuleenRay, p&gzills and 8 others like this

Dan & Sherri Swartz

#4 Ralph Owens

Ralph Owens

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:04 PM

I never met Jackie personally but she has become one of my favorite speakers to listen to. Being new in the LIFE business I have been listening to CDs like a mad man.  The funny thing about listening to CDs over and over again is that I start to feel like I know the person speaking even though I have never met them personally. My heart is deeply sadden by the news that Jackie has passed away.  Being someone that has lost someone very close to me (my son) what I would tell Bill and their children is to first celebrate Jackie's life. Second...God does not make mistakes and his ways (thinking) are above our ways.  So when looking for ways to understand why this happend rest in the fact that God is sovereign and he knows what he is doing. Third and most importantly focus on the fact that through the marvelous and precious gift of salvation you will see Jackie again.  So this is not goodbye but rather see you later.

May God Keep you and surround you in his perfect peace

Ralph

• PJ Artibello, SGorton, Phil Wall and 10 others like this

#5 chgirard

chgirard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:08 PM

My sincere condolences to you, Bill, and your children at your huge loss. I cannot imagine how empty your life must feel right now, not to mention the fact that it all happened so quickly.

I remember, my very first seminar was with Bill and Jackie in Saginaw back in 2008. I remember thinking, what an awesome couple and what belief you have!

Through the years in the business, I remember seeing how well Jackie grew as a speaker, being more and more confident and accomplished she was becoming. Her CDs are some of my favorites. I listen to Chicken or Eagle on a regular basis and love how she overcame such obstacles to become a success.

My most fond memory was this past leadership convention in Columbus. The love Jackie had for Bill and vice versa brought tears to my eyes. Knowing the marital struggles early in your marriage and how you two gave one another grace and patience to grow and change is a true testimony to how this business and the system can change your life. I know it has changed mine.

Thank you, Jackie, for your love of LIFE, and your example of what it means to be a leading lady. Thank you, Bill, for sharing her with us.
  • Phil Wall, kcortezano, JuleenRay and 6 others like this

#6 Brenda Hatcher

Brenda Hatcher

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:11 PM

My fondest memory of Jackie is when we were so honored that her and Bill got to bring us up as new round tables and she just kept saying "girlfriend this is going to be great" and I kept saying "no I'm going to cry, i don't wanna cry in front of people" and she was like "no we're going to have fun come on this is great" and then she got up there and cried three times trying to bring me up! But miraculously, I did not cry once. She also taught me to wear my heart on my sleeve. She told me that "a" story people will remember, but "your" story will change their life. She and Bill have been the greatest inspiration in our Life and we are forever grateful for the times that we had with them! To Life....To Jackie....All for one and one for all....for Jackie
  • Rhys Plant, SGorton, kcortezano and 15 others like this

Brenda Hatcher

Team PORTHOS Musketeers

All for One and One for All!

#7 Sheristroh

Sheristroh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:11 PM

Dearest Jackie, I want to thank you for your sacrifices to pursue your purpose in life. Sharing the truth about Our Lord and Saviour. Sharing your heart, your beautiful mind, your goals and dreams has and will continue to inspire many to pursue that Truth you spoke so proudly of. You showed us all how to stand my our men, love and support our children, and to be on a constant journey to improve our relationship with God. You didn't pass judgement on anyone and showed unconditional love. So many good times we had together...in Florida, California, Hawaii, peter island, Utah, Renoe, fishing from Terri's lake to our boat in the Gulf of Mexico. Playing cards, watching movies, bible study together and sooo many more. I will cherish them all. Thank you Jackie...for being you! A Sister in Christ. I miss you terribly

Sheri
  • Brenda Hatcher, kcortezano, Debbie B. and 8 others like this

#8 Pat Tefel

Pat Tefel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:12 PM

Jackie truly was an example of a life well lived.  It is overwhelming to consider the loss for Bill, Jacob, Eli, Bella and Nemo, as well as the Leveque family.  Our prayers continue for you all.

I remember when I first met her thinking how full of life she was, and how she so well expressed her love of Bill and her family.  Though I surpass her in years, she was an example to look to and stretch to be like her.

I can only imagine how our Lord must need her with Him, if He chose to take her to be with Him.

Your legacy, Jackie Lewis, lives on in the thousands of lives you touched.  You are already deeply missed.

In Christ,

Pat Tefel

• Phil Wall, kcortezano, Chris.miller and 2 others like this

#9 BrittanyBurmeister

BrittanyBurmeister

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationWaukesha WI

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:14 PM

I had the funniest interaction with Jackie in an elevator last June at the major convention. I had gotten in the elevator and was shocked to see Bill and Jackie standing there. Awkward silence continued for about 20 seconds until Jackie blurted out, "Well, I guess what goes up must come down!" 

• MoniqueHoffer and Ryan & Trina Dilag like this

Brittany Burmeister

Team Action

All Coming Together Improving Our Nation

sliverofsonshine.wordpress.com

Twitter: @rockstarbrit

#10 millerdylan

millerdylan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:15 PM

My daughter Tyler Elizabeth Ann Miller is exactly one week younger that Jackie's daughter Isabella. When my daughter was 3 or 4 weeks old she was given a bible at Berean Baptist Church. Still being fairly new to that particular church community, we were mistakenly overlooked for our daughter being welcomed to the church with a bible and having a couple members absent--Bill and Jackie Lewis--we were given the bible originally intended for their daughter Isabella.

For the first time ever, last weekend, my daughter was elated to have brought her bible to take to church with her...and it was that same little pink bible. On the inside cover is inscribed "Bill and Jackie Lewis, for Isabella."

I am overwhelmed with joy to have been fortunate enough to know one of the most loving, and remarkably beautiful, inspiring, humble, delicate, strong, and Christ abiding spirits my path has ever been made to cross. God bless that incredible woman, and may God strengthen and encourage her family through their immense sorrow.

The greatest tragedy of man is not to die, but to go to the grave with their destiny untouched, unwrapped, and intact.

Never could this be said about Jackie Lewis and great, indeed, are her treasures in heaven! Hallelujah.

• kcortezano, BrileyTeam, Jacqueline and 1 other like this

#11 SGorton

SGorton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationJackson, Michigan

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:16 PM

Remembering the brightest smile and kindest words from someone that was a but stranger a year ago. This past year you have blessed my life many times. You have opened your home and your heart and will be remembered always. God has blessed you and me for knowing you. His plan is the only plan and your life and legacy lives on. May God continue to bless your family with His power of healing and understanding. Love always, Sonya
  • Brenda Hatcher, kcortezano and JuleenRay like this

Sonya Gorton

Team PORTHOS Musketeers

All for One ~ One for All

#12 Esther Byler

Esther Byler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:21 PM

Rejoice in The Lord always, and again I say rejoice. These words are very hard to do right now. But it is what The Lord wants us to do. How do we rejoice that we have had to give up such a lady as Jackie? How do we rejoice that she has children at home who love and miss her? How do parents and siblings rejoice for this great loss? How does a loving husband rejoice when during those wee hours of the night when the silence and emptiness is so evident? How do all of us rejoice when we expect to see her by her husbands side on stage or in other leadership times, and she is no longer there? I don't know that answer. I do know we have wept so many tears during these few days of her illness and home going to meet with Jesus forever. I do know that there is a God of peace and love and I know that He gave His only son for us. We can rejoice that our sweet Jackie knew his salvation, and spoke of it regularly. We can rejoice that she was aware of the intensity of giving of herself as often as she could. We can rejoice that she has left a legacy for her children to lean on. We can rejoice for the time she was here on earth and all the lives she touched. We can rejoice that she is resting in the arms of God right now. Does it take away our pain? No, but it does ease some of it. I have always loved this young, spirited girl and I will miss her terribly. May God bless all whom she has loved and hold them close during these tragic and painful days.
  • Brenda Hatcher, JennyLaPierre, AlisonL and 2 others like this

#13 newvisionsa

newvisionsa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:23 PM

I will remember Jackie as someone who believed in "it's all or nothing". I believe this sums up Jackies life... "I don't believe in circumstances. The people who really make it in this world are the ones who get up and look for the circumstances they want and if they can't find them, they make them."

She was never satisfied with mediocre. She gave her all for the sake of her belief, dreams and the betterment of others.

I pray that in the coming days her husband Bill and her children will be comforted and strengthened with the peace and joy that only our God can give.  

She was a great inspiration to so so many lives. She did not give it all for nothing.

• Freedomchasers likes this

#14 debberryman

debberryman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:25 PM

So Blessed to have been at Majors in Ohio and have 1 last opportunity to have Jackie share her life and make a lasting impression on us. As a Community member of Life, she has a special place in all of our hearts. Thanki you for sharing.

• ejbrodberg74, smiesmom, Chris.miller and 2 others like this

#15 shellywhitaker2004

shellywhitaker2004

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:25 PM

I only had the privilage of having 2 or 3 actual conversations with Jackie.  But her impact on me over the course of the last six years is valuable beyond measure!  Having gotten to know her through listening to her speak over the years, I too grieve the loss of a dear friend and mentor.  Who she was and all she did helped shape me into the woman I am today.  I am grieved to have not yet reached a level to have personal contact with her and get to know her on a more personal level, and severely miss her already.  My prayers continue for Bill and the kids.  I have been listening to all the cds I have of her speaking today; the ripple effect of her leadership will live on for generations!  I personally intend to help with that!  Lots of love, and God bless LIFE Leadership!

• Jacqueline likes this

#16 Denny & Jeanne Fritch

Denny & Jeanne Fritch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:32 PM

In October of 2013, Denny and I had the wonderful opportunity to host new PC members Felmar and Sandra Montenegro for the Sunday afternoon portion of the Major.  It was my first time backstage at a LIFE event (hosting) and Sandra made it a point to introduce me to every PC lady who was backstage that day.  Each and all were busy with the business-of-the-moment and were very gracious in accepting the introduction.  I made mention to several people afterwards, how Jackie Lewis had stood out that day - taking time from Carol Miller (who she was conversing with) to stop and give me "all of her" in a short conversation that followed the introduction.  Her example of "being present in the moment" and being so welcoming was something that I carried with me from that day.  The leadership of such a simple thing stood out to me, as an example of the importance of taking time for one person, even at the expense of our own schedule.

There is a deep sadness for our community's loss of such an angel, and a great joy for her arrival home.  

May God Bless Bill and her children and family and friends and team members, during this time of transition.

• BraveheartMicah, JoeBurdick and tburdick301 like this

#17 MoniqueHoffer

MoniqueHoffer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:33 PM

I feel deep sadness for the Lewis family.
I hope that this might someday bring a smile to someone's face.

I only met Jackie once at a major convention in Springfield. She was the second PC lady I had ever met.

Bill and Jackie stepped onto an elevator just after I did. And I was instantly dumb struck. I felt like I was standing in a very small room with two super starts.
I had no idea what to do, until Jackie gave me a little smile.
I stuck my hand out into the middle of the elevator, not knowing who to greet first. And feeling very out of my element.
Jackie reached out and gave a perfect firm, yet very feminine handshake.
Bill than asked what time the event started...?.... I'm sure he knew...but I said 3... Just in case...LOL..
Than the doors opened, and they were gone...
I think I told that story to about 30 that day.

That's my little personal experience with Jackie
  • Rhys Plant, vicky.connell and Jacqueline like this

#18 Mike Kolp

Mike Kolp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:34 PM

This is still a shock to me. When I think of Jackie's impact there are several occasions that come to mind. However, all occurrences share the same Jackie. Jackie is true to herself and her heavenly father. Every time we talk she possesses a grace that is wrapped in love and care. She is tough though, when something needs to be done she does it with a priority focus and her character aligned properly. Through all this struggle I am impressed with the faith in God our association bears. I see their true example of a faith driven life. Jackie continues to lead. While she may no longer walk among us, she walks in heaven and has perspective. Thank you Jackie for your tough leadership and caring mentor-ship.

Until we meet again,

Mike

• ejbrodberg74 and kcortezano like this

#19 Sarah Marsh

Sarah Marsh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:39 PM

Zebra Giggles! Over the last four years we got to redesign your beautiful mansion room by room. Over that time we shared a lot of laughs and crazy ideas. I remember every room you wanted to get something Zebra but Bill wasn't as excited about the idea as you. Finally in the "Miami" room you convinced him to get the famous Zebra Table! You promised him you would pay from your own personal money and if he ended up liking it you got your money back! The table came and Bill loved it. 4 months later you sent me a text that put me in stiches!!! It read "Bill just said he thinks the table is real zebra! Bhahahahahaha!"

March 5, 2014 you entered into a mansion more beautiful than anything this world could ever handle! It was amazing being your teammate, friend and designer! Love you!

• Brenda Hatcher, kcortezano, Verlin23 and 6 others like this

#20 Beth Ober

Beth Ober

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:39 PM

Jackie lived her life this way! As an example for many to follow as a wife mother friend daughter and Christian! Thank you for your example! We all love and will miss you until we are reunited one day!

Attached Files

• Sharon Hoffman, sherryfix, kcortezano and 4 others like this

#21 Neal Ruffner

Neal Ruffner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGrand Blanc, MI

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:40 PM

Our prayers go out to the Lewis and Leveque families. 

Jackie was such an inspiration to my wife Mallory and I. It was such a blessing watching her grow in the business and in her walk with the Lord. One of my favorite versus in the bible can summarize the beautiful transition we watched Jackie go through with her association with the Life Leadership community: 

2 Corinthians 5:17: Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. (NKJV)

Thank you Jackie Lewis for being such an inspiration and example to all of us. 

Love,

Neal & Mallory Ruffner

• Jacqueline likes this

Neal Ruffner

Liberators

LT-IT

#22 Neal Ruffner

Neal Ruffner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGrand Blanc, MI

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:42 PM

My favorite quote from Jackie has been "You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." 

Amen Aiz, what a great memory and an excellent example of Jackie's life. 

• Steve K and Ryan & Trina Dilag like this

Neal Ruffner

Liberators

LT-IT

#23 JoeTracy

JoeTracy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:43 PM

My memories of Jackie Lewis are of seeing her speak in St. Louis, as well, as at National Conventions.  She was transparent and genuine in her teaching.  I was just listening to her on Rascal Radio yesterday and heard her say words that rang so true.  She said that some people may question why she has an assistant grocery shop and do other "chores".  Her quick response was that anyone can grocery shop, only she could be Mom to her kids.  Groceries feed their bellies, but only SHE can instill the principles and values she has, into her children.  What a blessing and example she was to her children and to all the lives she touched across the Team.   TracyClark

• Ryan & Trina Dilag likes this

#24 Sean Hawley

Sean Hawley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:48 PM

Jackie was an inspiration to all of us! Especially the Musketeer team. In a couple short years she provided a model of a great marriage, business sense, and people skills that my wife and I can only hope to duplicate.  We will miss her everyday but vow to drive this team forward because Jackie wouldn't have it any other way!

• Bre Hafner likes this

#25 Lori Maas

Lori Maas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:01 PM

There is a collective sadness all over the globe today. We understand that she is in heaven. We understand that we as Christians we will see her again someday. But today . . . today we mourn her passing. Jackie was an example of a courageous woman who wanted more for her life and the lives of her children. So continued to learn and grow to become the wife, mother, friend and leader that others could look up to and model. She was a burst of energy, emotion and light in this dark world. She was little, but she was mighty and impacted more lives than most people who live to be 100 do! And even though many who mourn her passing may not have known her personally, she was in and positively impacted their lives daily - though her talks and teachings on CDs. Through these she became an important life changing mentor to them as well as a trusted friend. We all will miss Jackie, her smile, her laughter, her tears and compassion. She lived her life with passion and purpose and would want us to do the same.

• p&gzills, Mike Grady, Jacqueline and 1 other like this

#26 Chris Phelps

Chris Phelps

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:03 PM

My wife and I had been trying to adopt a couple of children, It fell through, or should I say we found out that the birth mom wasn't being truthful with us just days before Bill and Jackie came to Kansas to do a seminar, I know there was a room full of people there but I believe God sent Bill and Jackie to speak to just Helen and I, Bill's first speech was on forgiveness, then just the soft words that Jackie had during her talks. I am not going to share my part of the conversation that I had with Jackie on Facebook, but her response, shows her tenderness and caring of others. Over the years we really fell in love with her but after this summer it was an awesome connection and we are so glad to be able to call her a friend. Here is what she wrote me.

Jacqueline Lewis

Chris and Helen, I don't know what to say. As I type, tears stream down my face. It's hard to see the screen I type on. I know Gods love and know all things happen for good for those that love The Lord. I also, however know what it is to hurt and to be bitter and confused and question and on and on. Oh how I pray for God to wrap his arms around you and comfort you. The things we can't understand are the hardest to tolerate. But the one thing you mentioned says it all! Jesus died for me! And He died for you two. AND, He died for that girl and her boyfriend and son and the unfortunate situation that they are in. As I continue to weep for you both, I know that Gods plan is perfect and He has a perfect plan for you! I love the Serenity Prayer. It has helped me think simply and divinely when my emotions are, well lets just say, less then stable :)

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, The courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference.

Dear Lord Jesus,

We know that you are an almighty and all powerful God! You spun the earth from the tips of your fingers. You know every hair on our head. You knew us before we were in our mothers womb. Give Chris and Helen peace. Peace to lean on you for guidance and to know that you are in control. That if and when or if not a child is given to them then there is a perfect, Devine, reason. I thank you for their love to you and the love that share with others. Let your love shine through them as they become instruments in their Redeemers hands. We love you Lord and pray you bless them abundantly. I out Lord Jesus name Amen...

Chris Phelps

Team VIP

• Brenda Hatcher, JennyLaPierre, tammy.yousif and 13 others like this

#27 John Feldhouse

John Feldhouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:09 PM

Jackie will certainly be missed dearly. Her spice and energy always gave me a boost. Her dash certainly will be remembered as a great child of God, among other titles.

My favorite talk that broke my heart down and brought me to tears was her talk with Bill called "Identify your layers". When she spoke, her direct, clear and from-the-heart servant voice always resonated with me. She was a woman of character, integrity, faith, humor and wit. She carried herself how I would want my daughter to (some day). Hearing her testimonial with Bill at one of the majors was quite possibly another turning point for me really having that much more respect for her. The struggles you hear about and how she overcame them just made me respect her that much more. Truly a one of a kind that will be missed more than we know.

God bless.

• kcortezano, mp_lou and GabbyJohnson like this

"Be curious, not judgmental."
              – Walt Whitman

#28 SarahLHaddon

SarahLHaddon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationHarker heights,Texas

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

I will miss hearing her contagious laugh and her beautiful smile.

<3

Attached Images

• image.jpg

• Debbie B., p&gzills, SarahLHaddon and 3 others like this

#29 DaniRobbins

DaniRobbins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:17 PM

We have had the pleasure of meeting Jackie on many occasions over the years.  I have been listening to Jackie for 7 years, and she has always been one of my favourite leading ladies to listen to. We had the pleasure of running a seminar that they spoke at, and spending time with them back stage.  Jackie was so down to earth and relate-able.   I feel blessed for all the times I have met her, and for hearing her speak in Ohio last month.   She will missed, and will live on in the audio and video tracks.   

Attached Images

• AprilSeminar2010 00040 (2).jpg

• kcortezano, eric.travis and Jacqueline like this

#30 BethDrumm

BethDrumm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:18 PM

https://scontent-b-l...392847880_n.jpg

I remember the first time I met Jackie.
It was over pizza during a break at my first Major Convention in Springfield, Ma.
I'll never forget what she told me after sharing my fears and concerns with her about my ability to truly succeed in the LIFE business, "Everyone has greatness within them, including you. So suck it up, Cupcake!" 

From that day forward whenever I found myself doubting my abilities, I recall Jackie's words "Suck it up, Cupcake!" and know, that I too possess inner greatness. 

Jackie lived her life so well that she touched and inspired all that she crossed paths with.

Thank You Jackie for being the example of what a true leading lady should be.
Your presence is already deeply missed, but God must have some amazing plans for you if he needed you home so soon. 

Continued Prayers for comfort and healing for Bill, Jacob, Eli, Bella and Nemo as well as the many, many other lives you touched.

• Freedomchasers, Jacqueline, Ryan & Trina Dilag and 1 other like this

#31 Jenny.salter

Jenny.salter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:21 PM

Jackie was so beautiful inside & out!! I remember hearing Jackie speak for the first time at a ladies leadership. She was pregnant with Eli I believe & SO nervous!! Though she wasn't the polished speaker she was today, she still served the team & spoke from her heart & did it!! Just a month ago Bill & Jackie served our team & did a very last minute meeting for us:) I got to talk & laugh with Jackie in the back of room over a funny photo my friend sent me. Jackie said "you have to send that to me!" Then we laughed again cause we realized we COULD exchange #'s since she was now in my upline! Her team is big & she has a lot of ladies to love on, but the next day she took time to send me text telling me "it was great hanging out last night"😊 And that's why she has influenced so many lives because she did put time into a lot of people!! I think Bill said it right yesterday when he said " it's just like Jackie to go out with a bang." I thought that's so true! Though we lost her young! She lived more of a life than millions out there!! And she got to live life all the way up till the end! She didn't spend her time dwelling on the past, or living life scared! She gave it all she got & she was blessed with a GREAT 1!!! I hope & pray that my family lives a life that Jackie got to live, in the dream, struggle, victory! And influencing so many along the way!!
My prayers are with all of you!!
You are Blessed to have had her in your life & she was blessed to have all of you!!
Love Jenny
  • kcortezano, JuleenRay, Mlbauguess and 2 others like this

#32 pepsviper

pepsviper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:24 PM

Jackie always seemed to have light surrounding her. You know how it is - how tight we become in community. Bill & Jackie's story, when combined with the dream, struggles, and victories they, and ALL within their closest friends went through makes it all the more impactful. May she forever be at peace with The Lord and watch over her family from above. We miss you Jackie!!

#33 curtisoliviashaw

curtisoliviashaw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:25 PM

The last time I saw Jackie up close and personal, it was at a special meeting in January. Bill and Jackie weren't originally supposed to be there, but they were selflessly serving the team! I remember thinking how awesome it was to have a leading lady that LEADS by example, finding a sitter last minute (and whatever other obstacles she may have had to overcome) to come serve the whole team! Right before she left, my back was turned to her and she squeezed my arm and said with a Jackie smile "It was great seeing you." What made that so special to me was that Jackie did not have any connection with me other than seeing me at the open meetings that I had introdued myself.

I will forever remember her transparency on stage (and am so thankful it has been captured on audio CD). Her marriage struggles have given me soooo much hope -- and encouragment to press on! Jackie was so "real"...

Finally, my favorite memory of Jackie (and one that breaks my heart the most) was actually represented through Bill at the 2014 Winter Leadership Convention. Bill was brought to tears because of the GREAT marriage they fought so hard to have! Jackie fell in love with being a wife -- and I LOVE that testimony of victory that she played a huge part in!

Although it feels like such a tragedy, I continue to remind myself that Jackie's death is really a victory because she lived a life on PURPOSE and is now with our Heavenly Father! As she tried living a life of no regrets, Bill, you also tried hard to live a life of no regrets as a husband -- reading the stack of marriage books Orrin recommended, making her feel like "pretty woman," being her knight and shining armor! You gave Jackie a dream life! The life she always wanted :)

We continue to pray for you and your precious, precious children....Sincerely, Olivia  

• JennyLaPierre and Freedomchasers like this

#34 sean.thomas

sean.thomas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:33 PM

This picture was from the last seminar Bill and Jackie did in St. Louis, MO last year.  I believe it was September 2013. Jackie was so full of life and she gave a great talk. We laughed and we cried.  St. Louis was honored not only by her presence but by the love she showed me and everyone else in the room. Her struggle and perseverance will forever be remembered.  She has truly left a legacy in the LIFE company as well as this world.  1782115_747379441948702_848188020_n.jpg

• JennyLaPierre, lucjsantiago, kcortezano and 3 others like this

#35 james.salter

james.salter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:51 PM

Curtis Shaw wrote this today, and he had said it so perfectly, so I asked him if I could share it....
Today the Life Leadership community has been challenged to take all that we have learned and apply to our lives and relationships all at once. As so many broken hearted, hurt and confused friends, family and members look for answers, realize this loss is a tribute to what this community was originally built for. Bill and Jackie Lewis have lived the life they always wanted, spending more time and sharing more moments with each other and with their children than 95% of the world will ever do in an entire lifetime. I am going to take this opportunity to reflect on what is most important, why we got started in the crazy comminity of Life Leadership. I am sure that as Jackie reflects on her earthly life, she will see all the good she has done because she made the most important things in life a priority. Though my heart aches so badly, and the tears flow so freely, it is with great emphasis that we not look back 20yrs from now and regret not chasing our priorities, and making a diffrerence. Why is it that one person can almost make time feel like it stood still? Because her encouragement from stage for us to chase our dreams will never be replaced. Lets come together today, and continue to fight where she left off, for our future. God made it for good.
  • Brenda Hatcher, JennyLaPierre, WayneMacNamara and 17 others like this

#36 Stu Hall

Stu Hall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:55 PM

I feel blessed to have met Jackie. What an awesome leading lady and an inspiration to thousands of others. She will be missed. 

Stu

• Phil Wall likes this

#37 sherryfix

sherryfix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:57 PM

The first time I ever met Jackie and Bill was when they sat next to me at a MV convention in Salt Lake City.  She was so kind and funny.  I have watched her grow tremendously in her speaking from stage and I love listening to her cd's.  I was very touched by their testimony at the major and have continued to respect and believe that she loved life and LIFE and was so passionate about our community and all of us.  I watched video clips and saw pictures of our team having their meetings with Bill in Michigan and always wished I was there instead of Colorado so I could have been there hearing them in person.  The google hangouts were a great replacement, however, I have felt like being a part of this organization for as long as I have I feel like I knew her personally even though it was through seminars, majors and cds...........they were transparent.  I will miss Jackie and I wish Bill and her children and family all the best and am praying for God's healing in their lives.  She truly did leave a legacy for us all and am better for having had the priveledge to meet her and listen to her all this time. 

Thank you Jackie for all that you did in such a short life.  I'm sure your life with God be everything peaceful, wonderful and loving.

God Bless Jackie and all of her family.

Sherry

#38 jayandanna

jayandanna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:58 PM

I have not personally met Jackie but from listening to here cds and watching her on stage I feel like I knew her. Bill and Jackie are one of my favourite speakers in the life business. My thoughts and prayers are with Bill and the four kids and to all of her friends and family also. May God give you peace to get through this situation.

#39 Marianne Ashton

Marianne Ashton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:02 PM

When I think of Jackie the first thing I see is her amazing smile. This young woman inspired me in so many ways but most especially to have a better attitude, be a better wife and to live a better life! Not just by her words but by her example. Although we never met personally, I feel, as others have mentioned, that I knew her and while I'm sad that she is no longer on this earth, I have no doubt that she is with her heavenly father and I could see her bright smile in the stars that shone in the sky last night.

Some of my favorite Jackie moments are her "Grape Lady" talk (couldn't stop laughing), her sharing of earlier struggles as a single expectant mom and her testimony of how she came to know Christ. After this last Major convention in Columbus my husband, John and I again had commented about how "real" both Bill & Jackie were when they shared with all of us. Jackie has left such a ripple effect. One drop does make a difference!

May God bless and comfort Bill and the children as well as their extended families and friends and bring them all peace.

Colossians 2:5 - For though I am absent in body, yet I am with you in spirit, rejoicing to see your good order and the firmness of your faith in Christ.

#40 Kelsey.Smith.Dreams

Kelsey.Smith.Dreams

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:07 PM

Even though I only meet Jackie twice, had a small chat for a few minutes those few minutes were a blessing to have with her because she gave me so much inspiration to follow my dreams and to get out and spread the word to make an impact in others lives as she did to mine just in those few minutes.  She said that "we are like family to her and her family" but what i say is even though she didnt know us she was family to us, just as all of the LIFE community we are all family. Im sending my prayers out to Bill and the kids and the rest of the family during this rough time, Just know she is now in paridise with her Lord at Home, and when its our time she will be there at the gate to welcome us home...

We are the garden that she helped Nurture, to bring us all (the flowers) to a bloom that she knew we are ment to be... so lets keep planting the seeds and help bring others to the blooming flowers they are ment to be, thats what she would want, lets grow a garden she would be even more proud to look down and see...

I Found this poem and I thought it was a good one to share...

In Loving Memory of Jackie Lewis...

Meet You At The Gate

By: Barbara Bailey

A beautiful garden now stands alone,

missing the one who nurtured it

But now she is gone,

Her flowers still bloom, and the sun it still shines,

But the rain is like tear drops, for the ones left behind,

The weeds lay waiting to take the gardens beauty away,

But the beautiful memories of its keeper are in our hearts to stay,

she loved every flower even some that were weeds,

So much love she would plant with each little seed,

But just like her flowers she was part of Gods plan,

So when it was her time he reached down his hand,

He looked through the garden searching for the best,

That's when he found Jackie, it was her time to rest,

It was hard for those who loved her, to let her go,

But God had a spot in his garden, that needed a gentle soul,

So when you start missing Jackie, remember if you just wait,

When God has a spot in his garden, She'll meet you at the gate...

With Lots of love from the Smith family to the Lewis family and friends God is with you!

our sincere condolence

• ejbrodberg74 and Brad L. like this

#41 Brad.Matuzak

Brad.Matuzak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:09 PM

I am deeply saddened by the loss of our sister in LIFE.

I know she lives on through all of us and her strength becomes our strength.

Every time I picture Jackie in my mind she is always smiling.  I don't think I've ever seen her not smile.  She'll always continue to smile each and every day for all time.

I remember hosting her and Bill for my first houseplan.  All no-shows.  You would have thought the place was packed with 500 people given how she and Bill treated me.  It felt so good to just be appreciated and not judged.  At the same time I felt like I had really let them down.  It was, afterall, an 8 hour drive each way.  That smile never left her face the entire night they were there and I still felt very much comfortable in her presence.  She definitely led by example and it was an amazing example.  An example I will never forget and never let go.

We love you Jackie.  From the woman you are to the better people we've become by being lucky enough to be in your presense and hear all the positive and uplifting things you have to say.  Your legacy will live on forever.  The influcene you've had on my life I can now pass on to my future children and continue to pay it forward.

May God keep you and forever shine his light upon you.

#42 Gailyn Cornell

Gailyn Cornell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:11 PM

I only had the chance to look Jackie in her in the eyes and shake her hand once and for that I feel blessed. Jackie was vibrant and exuded energy, warmth, beauty and grace. My heart breaks for Bill and the children as well as those who were fortunate enough to be close to Jackie.

#43 KaiMcCollough

KaiMcCollough

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:11 PM

I never personally met Jackie, but I grew to know her through my husband Kevin and of course through all of the events and materials of TEAM and now LIFE. Jackie was a good friend to my husband and his late wife Teresa- they did bible study together and even flew them up to Michigan to visit the Lewis's in their home. I truly wish I could have known her. Our hearts ache for the Lewis family but we take comfort in having such a gift in the recordings we have of Jackie on CD. Her legacy will go on, and that in its self is a beautiful and wonderful thing!

#44 sanchp12

sanchp12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:13 PM

Thank you Jackie for the short time we had the priviledge of knowing of you via Cd's and the 2 conventions we went to. As a matter of fact my cd player in my car has the cd "Phases of Depth" stuck in it since January and I have listened to it over and over again and my favorite line is " So we are here, let's spread the ...love,...the disease" about the Life Leadership opportunity.  Our family enjoyed listening to your humor and watched your stage presence with awe. My son, who introduced us to the business, you both are his favorite speakers. We love your sense of style and fashion but most of all your caring attitude and love for others. It is evident all around how Our Lord and Savior was and is at the helm of your life. Thank you Bill for sharing her with us. May God Bless you and keep you always you and your family.

Phillip and Zair Sanchez

Fort Worth, Texas

• Jacqueline likes this

#45 lortiz

lortiz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationHouston TX USA

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:15 PM

The best tribute for Jackie Lewis would be to live with the intensity that she did, with the conviction she always displayed, making a big difference in the lives of others as she did, and leaving behind a legacy that can never be measured...

• sherryfix, Beth Ober, John Feldhouse and 3 others like this

Luis Ortiz

#46 jason.tingley

jason.tingley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

Some of you may know that Jackie and I had a funny relationship, we often picked on each other much like a brother and sister. Jackie and I shared a unique sense of humor and I have many memories that I will always cherish. Earlier I received a text that on Saturday at the seminar the women will be wearing something with leopard print in honor of Jackie since she like things with leopard print. I thought that I would do the same and try to find a leopard print tie. I sent  Bill a text to let him know how funny it is that even now Jackie is getting the last joke on me by getting me to wear a silly looking tie. Less than an hour from that text I go to my 1pm appointment to get my hair cut and for the first time ever and without knowing the story my good friend Becca who cuts my hair, puts the apron on me for my cut and sure enough it is a leopard print apron!!! I could not help but to laugh and think that even now Jackie  is getting the best of me and letting me know that she will always be with us. I look forward to many reminders in the future that she is still with us. Thank you Jackie for covering us with your love or in my case a leopard print apron. I miss you and the impact that you made in my life will be passed on for generations. 

Attached Images

• IMG_3140.JPG

• Brenda Hatcher, tammy.yousif, ejbrodberg74 and 19 others like this

#47 Chris.miller

Chris.miller

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:22 PM

In October of 2013, Denny and I had the wonderful opportunity to host new PC members Felmar and Sandra Montenegro for the Sunday afternoon portion of the Major.  It was my first time backstage at a LIFE event (hosting) and Sandra made it a point to introduce me to every PC lady who was backstage that day.  Each and all were busy with the business-of-the-moment and were very gracious in accepting the introduction.  I made mention to several people afterwards, how Jackie Lewis had stood out that day - taking time from Carol Miller (who she was conversing with) to stop and give me "all of her" in a short conversation that followed the introduction.  Her example of "being present in the moment" and being so welcoming was something that I carried with me from that day.  The leadership of such a simple thing stood out to me, as an example of the importance of taking time for one person, even at the expense of our own schedule.

There is a deep sadness for our community's loss of such an angel, and a great joy for her arrival home.  

May God Bless Bill and her children and family and friends and team members, during this time of transition.

- taking time from Carol Miller (who she was conversing with) to stop and give me "all of her" Those 2 great ladies were always waiting for someone to come along that they could serve. I'm glad my with (Carol) was able to share Jackie with you that day..  

• kcortezano likes this

#48 DaniRobbins

DaniRobbins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:29 PM

From Kitchener/Waterloo Seminar - April 2010.

Attached Images

• AprilSeminar2010 00031.JPG

• Phil Wall, kcortezano, Nick & Phyllis and 3 others like this

#49 Aiz

Aiz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:31 PM

How does one sum up the influence and impact a leading lady like Jackie had on your life? Jackie and I were the same age. However, the first time I heard her speak; heard her enthusiasm, her passion, witnessed her humility in sharing her dreams, struggles, and victories I knew she was years wiser than me. As someone who is not as motivated by material things I have spent many hours dream building about the times ahead when I am a policy council leading lady also; when I will not just "feel" like these woman are personal friends and mentors but when we actually are. How many times have we heard from stage that our days are numbered and only God knows our number? Jill's voice has been echoing in my mind for the last 72 hours..."You don't have a thousand years to do this." I could quote many talks that Jackie has given that have inspired and encouraged me. Although it is hard to grasp the reality that she has passed away from this earth. I smile when I reflect on her legacy. And I am convicted each time I hear her voice on an audio...to make every day count. "You only have one life to live, but if done right, once is enough." RIP Jackie and thank you for a life well lived!

#50 lisa.mangold

lisa.mangold

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCentral Illinois

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:40 PM

The LIFE Leadership community is truly amazing and it is so because of the people who founded it. I only know Jackie through her live talks and recorded CDs but through her words I feel like I got to know who she was and what was important to her. What is remarkable is not only was I blessed to receive her message and allow it to touch my life but I also got to witness a life being changed over time by our community and information. Jackie was not concerned about being perfect or appearing perfect so she transparently shared over the years the struggles along with the truth that got her through them. All of her messages give hope to those who wish to change their lives but her recent talks definitely represent a woman who was touched by God's grace. The peace in her voice is evidence of one of the blessings bestowed upon her as she learned to become a Godly wife and mother. None of us ever "arrive" but to reach a point in life where you know your Savior, you have learned to complement your husband and you are in the process of applying Godly wisdom to the rearing of your children - it is a life being lived on purpose and for a purpose. Few people ever get to that point but it is obvious that Jackie was living that life!! I can not imagine how those who were truly close to Jackie feel right now. Just know that what Jackie did through this community truly mattered and her legacy will affect people now and on into eternity!

Blessings,
Lisa
  • John Feldhouse and jrhoeldt like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users