• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin.Swedberg

Kevin.Swedberg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:28 AM

I love sharing the stories of people who are listening, reading and learning, and as a result they gain recognition and sometimes even monetary reward because their boss has noticed the change.  Recently a team member of mine experienced a $2 an hour raise for this exact reason.  What's your story?  How has the growth you have experienced been noticed and rewarded?

• Anita Vaughn likes this

#2 Brian Peterson

Brian Peterson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationFort Myers, Fl

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:18 AM

I love the information. I started reading , listening, and associating a little over a year ago and I did not realize the value in all three of these categories. My wife has been watching me grow over the last year and lets me know that she sees me becoming a better person all the time which is truly rewarding. My coworkers have noticed a difference  in how I deal with upper management and the contractors onsite . I recently had my yearly review with my boss and he said you have changed, there is something different about you. No this did not help me with a huge raise or promotion and that is only because of the company policy in regards to raises but he noticed the growth in me and this is directly because of the Life Business. The true reward is a better me and for that I have been blessed through the Life Business.

Brian

• SusanPetersonFL and LibbyFrench like this

#3 Nick

Nick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis, Missouri

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:27 PM

Nothing greater than diving into the RIGHT information that is like "oxygen to the soul" (from my man George Guzzardo)! We can hardly wait to listen to newest CDs on system or our next Tuesday nights or seminars....oh but wait, THE MAJORS are phenomenal each and every session! Get involved everyone!

D.R.E.A.M.

Nick

#4 Anita Vaughn

Anita Vaughn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationGraham, Texas

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:19 AM

Since I am new to this, I have listened to the CDs in my pack that I received when I first signed up. I have been listening to the audios and videos in the library. I have borrowed CDs from people in my up-line. This has all been to get me started. I signed up for Total Access, the marketing and I just ordered Financial Fitness. My daughter and son-in-law brought me into this business. He just got the LLR pack. I'm borrowing it from him. He ended up giving me the book because he doesn't like to read. So, I got a free book.

I work in a prison. Every time I find something new that I can share with the inmates, I take the opportunity to do so. The other day an inmate told me that I had money hanging out of my pocket. I thanked him and told him that he had integrity and that's an awesome character trait. It means that you can be trusted. One thing that staff is trained to do is NOT trust an inmate. I want to use what I learn from LIFE to help these inmates.

• ejbrodberg74 and GabbyJohnson like this

#5 CathyKilpatrick

CathyKilpatrick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:04 PM

Last week, my 4 siblings & I buried our mother. Mom had passed 6 days prior after a 7 week or so (post-diagnosis) battle with advanced pancreatic cancer. 

Ours is a contentious, completely dysfunctional family, and distressing emotional times like funerals and weddings (we'd had one of them around Christmas) tend to often bring out the worst in us. It was just the 5 of us, our spouses & kids to deal with the issues of the wake, funeral, burial, will and so on. It could have got messy real quick.

There were times in those 7 weeks, and more times in those final 6 days after Mom's death I could have taken offense and become angry with one or more of my siblings or their spouses. Things were done and said that were careless and thoughtless and often downright inconsiderate, and I recognized it. But the training I'd been receiving through the LIFE Leadership products helped me to see they were acting out of their own needs and ignorance, and most of the slights were not deliberate. Learning to lead them (even when they didn't know I was doing it) helped me to better take responsibility for my own feelings, and thus my own actions and reactions when they behaved hurtfully to me.

The final night (the evening of the day of the funeral), prior to the departure of those who live out of our hometown, we all gathered in a local restaurant for dinner. We laughed, joked, told old stories and made sure we were thoroughly caught up on each other's lives. As we were giving final hugs before departure, one of my sisters pulled me aside. She said she'd noticed my failure to react in my "normal" ways to what she knew had been hurtful insults and slights, and expressed appreciation. It was the first time anyone in my extended family noticed the work of the LIFE Leadership products in my life.

• Kevin.Swedberg, LibbyFrench, p&gzills and 1 other like this

Blessings and Love,

Cathy :) 

#6 Kevin.Swedberg

Kevin.Swedberg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:03 AM

Last week, my 4 siblings & I buried our mother. Mom had passed 6 days prior after a 7 week or so (post-diagnosis) battle with advanced pancreatic cancer. 

Ours is a contentious, completely dysfunctional family, and distressing emotional times like funerals and weddings (we'd had one of them around Christmas) tend to often bring out the worst in us. It was just the 5 of us, our spouses & kids to deal with the issues of the wake, funeral, burial, will and so on. It could have got messy real quick.

There were times in those 7 weeks, and more times in those final 6 days after Mom's death I could have taken offense and become angry with one or more of my siblings or their spouses. Things were done and said that were careless and thoughtless and often downright inconsiderate, and I recognized it. But the training I'd been receiving through the LIFE Leadership products helped me to see they were acting out of their own needs and ignorance, and most of the slights were not deliberate. Learning to lead them (even when they didn't know I was doing it) helped me to better take responsibility for my own feelings, and thus my own actions and reactions when they behaved hurtfully to me.

The final night (the evening of the day of the funeral), prior to the departure of those who live out of our hometown, we all gathered in a local restaurant for dinner. We laughed, joked, told old stories and made sure we were thoroughly caught up on each other's lives. As we were giving final hugs before departure, one of my sisters pulled me aside. She said she'd noticed my failure to react in my "normal" ways to what she knew had been hurtful insults and slights, and expressed appreciation. It was the first time anyone in my extended family noticed the work of the LIFE Leadership products in my life.

Wow - I love the story Cathy.  Thanks for sharing.  God bless.

• CathyKilpatrick likes this

#7 Anita Vaughn

Anita Vaughn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationGraham, Texas

Posted 22 April 2014 - 11:21 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss, Cathy. May God comfort you and your family during this time. I am blessed to still have my mom and I thank God that she is still here.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Job, Growth, Testimony, Raise, Reward, Change

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users