#1 Ammon Nelson

Ammon Nelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationWeber County, Utah

Posted 31 March 2016 - 09:56 AM

I recently read "The 5 Laws of Leadership" by John Maxwell.  Before starting it, I expected the 5 levels to be relatively similar to the 5 levels that Orrin and Chris outline in the LLR  book.  They have similarities, but they are also different.

A couple of weeks before I read it there was a ... is defection the right word? ... of a founder of LIFE Leadership.  I had many questions that came up from that.  I kind of struggled until I read this book.  This book gave me an insight that leads me to really hope for the success of that individual and the ones that followed him.  That individual was lead and developed by both Chris Brady and Orrin Woodward to become the person he is.  One of the attributes that Maxwell's level 5 leader exhibits is that those who follow them demonstrate leadership independent of the leader who developed them.  So if they succeed, it is just one more credential that Orrin and Chris did not seek, but deserve and receive. B)

• Adam & Teesa Rossman, Marc Page, MelvinFece and 2 others like this

"The first step in any effective application of knowledge is getting the knowledge. The first step in changing the world is to first transform oneself. Always. If what you read isn't transforming you in a positive way, it has no value - to anyone. Pick better books, a better venue for learning, a better set of mentors.  Invest the time to give yourself a real leadership education, one in which you are not just a passenger but one of the people driving the wagon. Actively pursue excellence."

-Oliver DeMille and Brad Bolon

#2 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:05 AM

I recently read "The 5 Laws of Leadership" by John Maxwell.  Before starting it, I expected the 5 levels to be relatively similar to the 5 levels that Orrin and Chris outline in the LLR  book.  They have similarities, but they are also different.

A couple of weeks before I read it there was a ... is defection the right word? ... of a founder of LIFE Leadership.  I had many questions that came up from that.  I kind of struggled until I read this book.  This book gave me an insight that leads me to really hope for the success of that individual and the ones that followed him.  That individual was lead and developed by both Chris Brady and Orrin Woodward to become the person he is.  One of the attributes that Maxwell's level 5 leader exhibits is that those who follow them demonstrate leadership independent of the leader who developed them.  So if they succeed, it is just one more credential that Orrin and Chris did not seek, but deserve and receive. B)

Ammon:

That is an extremely mature and intelligent way to look at the whole situation, and we totally agree with you!  Those leaders have a long history with us and we wish them nothing but the best.  Seeds can get scattered broadly and grow like crazy, and we will take it as a compliment if they prosper and grow!

God bless!

CB

• Adam & Teesa Rossman, Marc Page, Ammon Nelson and 1 other like this

#3 Gene Bulmer

Gene Bulmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 22 April 2016 - 02:52 PM

Yes. Great reframe. That was not my initial reaction. As a high D (with a D on the side), my initial reaction could not be printed here (issues of loyalty, ego & team-spirit drove those reactions - Braveheart mentality). But I'm over that now ;) . Some will be with us for the full journey, others will be sidelined by distractions.

2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users