Photo

Life Leadership Pyramid Scheme? Seriously?

pyramid scheme scams compensated communities LIFE Leadership

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 Orrin Woodward

Orrin Woodward

Advanced Member

• PC
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:41 AM

I just posted an article on my blog that I think should help a ton of people separate in their minds the difference between a prosperous network marketing company and a get-rich pyramid scheme. Thankfully, my engineering background and my love of numbers helped me delineate facts from fiction. LIFE Leadership is changing the profession one life at a time. :)

Is LIFE Leadership a Pyramid Scheme?

Figures Don’t Lie But Liars Sure Can Figure.

393438_503108139717954_1139969883_n-241x

Corporate Pyramid

Every reputable network marketing organization separates itself from pyramid schemes and scams by ensuring significant sales to outside customers of its products. Impressively, LIFE Leadership has over 40% of its monthly subscriptions going to customers who are not even part of the compensation plan. This is a testament to just how good the leadership materials are from LIFE.

Sadly, some people have drawn the conclusion that network marketing is like a lottery where only a few draw the winning ticket and everyone else loses. In truth, I was one of those people until I took the time to study the numbers myself. Here is my story of how I went from a community building skeptic to building one of the largest leadership communities in North America.

I graduated from GMI-EMI (now Kettering University) as an engineer and have been fascinated by numbers, statistics, and proportions since I was a kid collecting baseball and football cards. In fact, one summer my brother and I developed an entire board game for baseball based upon player stats and using probabilities that I wasn’t supposed to learn until half-way through engineering school. In any event, numbers, data and the proper reading of the scoreboard has been an essential part of Laurie’s and my success over the years.

For instance, one of the first conundrums I was faced with when I first studied community building was the statistic bantered around against the profession such as the following: “Only 1 out of 100 people actually makes 50k or more per year.” At first hearing, this sounds terrible. You mean to tell me that if I get started I only have a 1 out of 100 chance of making it? But these two statements are not saying the same thing, even though on the surface they may appear to do so.

Let me explain.

The first statement (“only 1 out of 100 people make 50 k or more”) is a snapshot of the profession based upon the fact that for anyone to reach the top of the chart (15,000 points), he must build customers, members, and help them do enough volume for him to hit this level. Typically, by the time a person hits the top of the chart (whether he does it in 3 months or 3 years) he has around 100 active members. Hence, the 1 out of 100 number. In other words, even if 100% of the people made it, they would still make it by bringing in around 100 other active members and the 1% who made it at any particular time would still be true. However, this doesn’t mean the other 100 people cannot also bring in customers and members who enjoy the life-changing products and do the exact same thing as the person who brought them in. And, when they do, the will have built a team (on average) of 100 people so the 1 out of 100 number remains.

Now to my point.

Given that the nature of community building involves building a community (how’s that for obvious?) and that a leader’s goal is to build 100 active people into his community who service customers and members, then the “1 out of 100” number tells us nothing of the success or failure of the business. Rather, it simply reports on the size of community necessary to earn a certain income, as in my example above when I threw out the hypothetical 50k.

Indeed, the model is hard-wired, or designed for a leader to service a community of 100 people in order to reach 15,000 points and thereby achieve the Leader level in LIFE Leadership to make anywhere from 20k to upwards of 50k (with the CAB program included – see the IDS and Comp Plan brochure attached at the bottom of this post). Therefore, the real question a new person should be asking is not the 1 out of 100 snapshot, which merely reports that a Leader must build 100 people communities, but rather, how fast can one build 100 people communities?

Let’s consider an example from my automotive process engineering days.

Thousands of sub-assemblies that usually consist of hundreds of parts each are required to build one car. These all come together in a complex process called a final assembly line, in which workers and machines install them, usually on a moving platform or hanger, as the work-in-process car moves down the line.  At any given moment in time, if a snapshot of the assembly line were taken, the line would have hundreds of unfinished cars frozen in mid-process. From this snapshot, no one in his right mind would argue that only 1 out of 100 cars is ever completed, or that “the chances” of that assembly line making a car would be a mere “1 out of 100!”   This would be absurd reasoning since the other cars are still “in process” and will be completed shortly, if the assembly line is given a chance to continue producing cars, as it is designed to do. In effect, the nature of the assembly line guarantees that only one car will finish per every 100 (in the example above) on the line because this is the way the process was designed. It is hard-wired or hard-built to do it in just this way.

It is important to understand that community building is a personal development process similar to the assembly line that builds an automobile. 

The difference between a successful and unsuccessful automotive assembly line is not the 1 out of 100, but rather the rate at which autos move from beginning to completion. If one assembly line moves through the process in one hour while another takes one year, with all other variables being the same, which would you choose? They both have a snapshot of 1 complete car per 100 in-process, but one is moving the process along much more efficiently. Engineers cannot improve the 1 out of 100 on an existing line, but they can improve the throughput by increasing the speed at which the automobiles advance through the process.

In the same way, this is exactly what a leader does in his community building organization. He cannot improve the 1 out of 100, because that structure is as locked into the design of the pay plan as is the assembly line process for cars, but he can improve the effectiveness of the systematic process to help people achieve top levels faster.

Since everything rises and falls on leadership, LIFE Leadership focuses on helping leaders serve 100 people communities to be rewarded accordingly. The objective is to speed up the leadership growth process by providing world-class events to attend, audios and books to study, and personal mentoring from which to grow.

In most conventional businesses, it takes years and years for a person to achieve an income above 50k, after expenses. With the new CAB compensation and simple Next Step Program, LIFE Leadership is empowering those who work hard and consistently to achieve these levels in shorter and shorter amounts of time. True, not everyone is willing to work that hard, nor will they go that fast, but the leadership of LIFE is committed to creating a process wherein someone can if they are willing to do what it takes. The question for you is: are you ready, willing, and able?

I am thankful for my engineering background because it helped me sort through the data to understand what was relevant and what was not. Sadly, many people miss the big picture because they think of community building as a lottery with “odds” rather than a process with results similar to an automobile assembly line. But for those who will enter into the process and stay long enough to complete their leadership journey, their success can become just as predictable as a finished car rolling off the end of an assembly line.

I have said many times, LIFE Leadership does not promise “easy,” only “worth it.” As the Chairman of the Board and one of the principal owners of LIFE, I wish you all the success you are willing earn!

Sincerely,

Orrin Woodward

Anyone else have examples they used to understand the difference between a successful networking company and a pyramid scheme? 

Attached Files

• LK.Seaman, Josephp, tamiebelanger and 20 others like this

#2 Neal Ruffner

Neal Ruffner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGrand Blanc, MI

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:42 AM

Awesome post Orrin!! Thanks so much for the time and effort to put all that together. What TRUTH!!!!

• Chris.miller, JuleenRay, Sonya Withrow and 1 other like this

Neal Ruffner

Liberators

LT-IT

#3 Lee Weishar

Lee Weishar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:58 AM

Wow. Orrin this post is amazing!

It's amazing what people will think sometimes, and what they will convince themselves without properly researching the information. 

Not too long ago I had invited someone to a house plan Joce Dionne was doing, and at the end she was trying to tell me how she would never do anything like this because it was an illegal pyramid scheme. I asked her what made her think that, and she brought up a Canadian government site about what an illegal pyramid was...

the funny thing is, everything she was pointing out had nothing to do with the way things work here in Life Leadership. That site actually proved what we did was right and legal!

Unfortunately for her, she had somehow convinced herself that she was right anyway. Her loss :)

• Mary Doucette, Chris.miller and Rick Satterstrom like this

#4 Orrin Woodward

Orrin Woodward

Advanced Member

• PC
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:10 PM

Lee, It's called I know my truth and don't confuse me with the facts! :) Everyone has a right to his or her "truth", but they also will own the results from that "truth." :) Like the good book says paraphrased, "You will know them by their fruit." thanks, Orrin

• Mary Doucette, Radine!, Neal Ruffner and 7 others like this

#5 Scott.Staley

Scott.Staley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:15 PM

Wow, awesome article. It's funny how 'facts' can be found to justify our thinking - it can be an excuse, or a reason. We get to keep our excuses, which is sad for many people. Thanks for providing us an opportunity that is world class and based on truth and principles!
  • WayneMacNamara and JTStellingwerff like this

#6 Roosevelt Jean-Francois

Roosevelt Jean-Francois

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationFort-Lauderdale, FL & Haiti

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:38 PM

Thanks Orrin for this post.

This is one of the major objections I face when showing the plan to some people who may have more years in the past than they would have in the future. I'm talking about the baby boomers who might have experienced network marketing before.

Your post brings more content to address this issue in our conversation in the living rooms across the planet.

I sometimes told people not to judge this as a networking marketing pyramid deal as they might know in the past.

The  music industry has evolved from reel to reel tape recorder, to vinyl record, to walkman Sony audio cassettes, to CD's, to napster download, and to itunes, ipod etc...

Our industry has also involved from direct sales, to network marketing, to community building etc...

I always give credit to the pioneers of our industry, the very same way I would credit the Wright brothers in the airspace industry even if they only could fly for a few minutes. But, innovation and disruptions have brought evolution.

My question for them, our industry has evolved? What about you?  

#7 BigDog

BigDog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:46 PM

Orrin, 

Great article, and thank you for applying simple logic to a very emotional topic.  Our charge in LIFE is to lead people to truth, and/or at least help them know why they belief what they believe (Tim Marks quote).  I learned the lesson corporate "org chart" lesson very early in my career. As a 20 year old software engineer, my first job out of college was at SW Bell in St. Louis as a Programmer Level 1, in the Payroll department. My job was to maintain the programs that helped produce payroll checks, and manage that data for our company.  We received "dummy" test data that mimicked the actual payroll, and if you were nerd enough you could decipher who was who and how much they made.  It took me exactly two weeks to realize that everyone in my department earned more than I did, and I soon found out that many of them were incompetent.  Amazingly, the President and Vice presidents were among the few who earned six-figures, and I noticed that often they had a lot of people with the same last name in well paying positions as well.  I soon realized that the ultimate pyramid is corporate America, not because some made more than others, they may well have earned it, but because there was by definition only one president! Ascending those ranks had very little to do with talent, work-ethic, leadership or character, it was truly a lottery of who you knew, and how much they "liked" you. 

What I love about LIFE is the fact that there are an unlimited number of earned positions, and the odds are completely in my favor if I am willing to change, learn and grow.  No nepotism,  racism, gender-ism, or favoritism can be found in our compensation brochure, CAB bonuses or IDS.  LIFE is the most fair and transparent organization I have ever seen.  We not only can pull ourselves up by our boot straps, but we also get a system, a mentor, and an environment to earn us boots by which we can pull.

Thanks Orrin for shedding light on the truth and giving us a chance to go get it! 

• Jonathan Hall, WayneMacNamara, DWRascalROKofKaizen and 3 others like this

AaaaaOoooo

#8 lindsay.mckean

lindsay.mckean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:49 PM

Hi Orrin,

WOW!!! What an amazing post of truth!!!  It is absolutely amazing the fact alone that 40% of the monthly subscriptions go to customers, not even members who are a part of the compensation plan.  That right there says a lot about the information!

I have ppl that often refer to this as a pyramid scheme and what I like to do is ask them ``What is a pyramid scheme, can you give me an example please``

Nearly every person cannot even describe what a pyramid is and most of them just say ```the guys at the top makes all the money``

I proceed to ask them where they work at and give them a perspective change on the simple fact that the guy at the top of your workplace makes all the money, and unless you plan on taking his position, you will never make more money than him or her.  I love that this biz is based on performance and not position as its a fair playing field for every single person that chooses to get involved.

Another bit of info I like to add in is the fact that there is a large abundance of money that is donated through AGO subscriptions for widowed wives and single moms (All Grace Outreach) nevermind the money earned from the LLR book you (Orrin) wrote and donated 100% of the profits as well.

Pretty sure that``s honorable and not an ounce of greed!

Keep leading the Way Orrin, your a mastermind genius!

Lindsay McGuire

• WayneMacNamara, DWRascalROKofKaizen, Peter Schmitt and 2 others like this

#9 Wade Hamblin

Wade Hamblin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationPeterborough, ON Canada

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:25 PM

Fantastic thread Orrin, thank you for always leading with the truth instead of what people want to hear!   

#10 Evan G

Evan G

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:34 PM

Great article Mr. Woodward, I love the example of the automobiles. Still funny to me how people can call it a pyramid scheme.

#11 Adriano Troli

Adriano Troli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:39 PM

Lee, It's called I know my truth and don't confuse me with the facts! :) Everyone has a right to his or her "truth", but they also will own the results from that "truth." :) Like the good book says paraphrased, "You will know them by their fruit." thanks, Orrin

Awesome article Orrin!  Thanks for taking the time and putting this idea out there.  I can't tell you how many times I've listened to this line of rationalization.  It almost hurts not to point it out :P

• Mary Doucette likes this

Adriano Troli

Kaizen Steadfast

If we're not up, We're getting up!

#12 SuprStiehl

SuprStiehl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationLondon, Ontario

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:49 PM

Awesome post Orrin!
I actually spent 4 months grilling my friend with questions everyday about LIFE and he happily answered them all. I took his answers and went and did my own research to find what he was telling me was true. In my research I did find people who had a negative view of LIFE, however after reading their opinions they were loosely based on 3rd party stories or didn't give all the facts. I found it funny that, like mentioned above, that people will twist pieces of facts around to create a 'truth' that is based only in their mind. I hear people say that Sidney Crosby just got lucky or he just has natural talent and end up resenting his success, however they neglect to face the fact of all the hard work he invested since he was a child. Just because someone gets to the 'top', doesn't mean they were born there.
I so like the image Orrin posted with the corporate pyramid. I work in a large organization and if you look at the organizational chart of any company there will always be only a few at the head, then their delegates and so on all the way down to the tons of worker bees. There is nothing wrong with being anywhere on that org chart and if you're happy there that is fantastic. However if you are not happy, if you know deep down that you feel stuck or on the wrong ladder, LIFE Leadership has the best and simplest ladder out there that has helped so many people create various types of freedom in their lives.
Lets change our lives by helping others change their lives by helping others change their lives! :)
  • DWRascalROKofKaizen, JTStellingwerff and Kristen.Evely like this

#13 Orrin Woodward

Orrin Woodward

Advanced Member

• PC
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:52 PM

Orrin, 

Great article, and thank you for applying simple logic to a very emotional topic.  Our charge in LIFE is to lead people to truth, and/or at least help them know why they belief what they believe (Tim Marks quote).  I learned the lesson corporate "org chart" lesson very early in my career. As a 20 year old software engineer, my first job out of college was at SW Bell in St. Louis as a Programmer Level 1, in the Payroll department. My job was to maintain the programs that helped produce payroll checks, and manage that data for our company.  We received "dummy" test data that mimicked the actual payroll, and if you were nerd enough you could decipher who was who and how much they made.  It took me exactly two weeks to realize that everyone in my department earned more than I did, and I soon found out that many of them were incompetent.  Amazingly, the President and Vice presidents were among the few who earned six-figures, and I noticed that often they had a lot of people with the same last name in well paying positions as well.  I soon realized that the ultimate pyramid is corporate America, not because some made more than others, they may well have earned it, but because there was by definition only one president! Ascending those ranks had very little to do with talent, work-ethic, leadership or character, it was truly a lottery of who you knew, and how much they "liked" you. 

What I love about LIFE is the fact that there are an unlimited number of earned positions, and the odds are completely in my favor if I am willing to change, learn and grow.  No nepotism,  racism, gender-ism, or favoritism can be found in our compensation brochure, CAB bonuses or IDS.  LIFE is the most fair and transparent organization I have ever seen.  We not only can pull ourselves up by our boot straps, but we also get a system, a mentor, and an environment to earn us boots by which we can pull.

Thanks Orrin for shedding light on the truth and giving us a chance to go get it! 

Well said Raymond! Leadership doesn't recognize a person's credentials only the heart's willingness to serve others. :)

• Jonathan Hall, Mary Doucette, BraveheartMicah and 1 other like this

#14 Orrin Woodward

Orrin Woodward

Advanced Member

• PC
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:55 PM

Hi Orrin,

WOW!!! What an amazing post of truth!!!  It is absolutely amazing the fact alone that 40% of the monthly subscriptions go to customers, not even members who are a part of the compensation plan.  That right there says a lot about the information!

I have ppl that often refer to this as a pyramid scheme and what I like to do is ask them ``What is a pyramid scheme, can you give me an example please``

Nearly every person cannot even describe what a pyramid is and most of them just say ```the guys at the top makes all the money``

I proceed to ask them where they work at and give them a perspective change on the simple fact that the guy at the top of your workplace makes all the money, and unless you plan on taking his position, you will never make more money than him or her.  I love that this biz is based on performance and not position as its a fair playing field for every single person that chooses to get involved.

Another bit of info I like to add in is the fact that there is a large abundance of money that is donated through AGO subscriptions for widowed wives and single moms (All Grace Outreach) nevermind the money earned from the LLR book you (Orrin) wrote and donated 100% of the profits as well.

Pretty sure that``s honorable and not an ounce of greed!

Keep leading the Way Orrin, your a mastermind genius!

Lindsay McGuire

Well said Lindsay. Most people merely parrot what they heard someone say rather than think which is exactly what I said before thinking through the numbers. In fact, my engineer friend said networking was a pyramid scheme. I asked him sincerely what that was and he said the people at the top make the money. Then I said, (back then, I always did like to argue :) ) how is that any different than here (GM)? He looked at me for about 15 seconds without answering and said, "I'm not sure." That is when I decided to do my own studying and thinking rather than just parrot the masses. Keep rocking Lindsay. :)

• Mary Doucette, Ammon Nelson, Kristen.Evely and 1 other like this

#15 Marc Militello

Marc Militello

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:03 PM

Fantastic article Orrin!  Doing your research is always a smart move but even a smarter move is considering the source:)  LIFE Leadership has proven and continues to prove the material and opportunity are first class!!!  

• SarahLHaddon, Roger Miller and Ammon Nelson like this

#16 Ammon Nelson

Ammon Nelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationWeber County, Utah

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:59 PM

I love this perspective.  Thank you for your true leadership, Orrin.

As part of the script while contacting, i said, "Have you ever heard of Orrin Woodward?"  The person made a note of that name for what i assume is for a google search.  For curiosity's sake to see wha tthey would find, I also did a google search for Orrin Woodward.  I was pleased to see that almost the entire first page was links to your blog, or something positive about you.  The only exception was someone lamenting that they lost $6,000 in this business buying tools without making any money.  Their recommendation at the end was before you sign up, ask for a guarantee of how much money you are going to be able to make.  I was floored at the ignorance this attitude demonstrates.  The author was obviously coming from an employee mentality.  I think Chris Brady said it best when he said (paraphrased) that if you want a guaranteed floor, you have to bring the guaranteed ceiling with it.  Whether I have "made any money yet" in this business is irrelevant and your post demonstrates that perfectly.

Any lack of results I have is because of my lack of skill and experience.  However, I have had phenomenal results from the life changing information and the outstanding association with the servant leaders here in Utah.  It is because of these things that I am absolutely certain that the monetary rewards are inevitable, as long as I continue to learn and grow and stick it out to the end.

I am fired up to hear and meet you and Laurie in Utah next Friday.

• Rick Satterstrom likes this

"The first step in any effective application of knowledge is getting the knowledge. The first step in changing the world is to first transform oneself. Always. If what you read isn't transforming you in a positive way, it has no value - to anyone. Pick better books, a better venue for learning, a better set of mentors.  Invest the time to give yourself a real leadership education, one in which you are not just a passenger but one of the people driving the wagon. Actively pursue excellence."

-Oliver DeMille and Brad Bolon

#17 Jonathan Hall

Jonathan Hall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:08 PM

Amazing post Orrin! It amazes me how many people are quick to criticize something even before they have researched the facts. Thank you for providing an arena where anyone who is willing to serve others, stand for what they believe to be true, confront truth, and work hard doing it, can create any level of success that they would like to achieve. Thank you for never listening to your critics!!!!

#18 Josephp

Josephp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationGrand Bend Ontario Canada

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:13 PM

Wow this is what we need to stifle a few of our critics I love how you put it all on the table which allows me to feel so amazing for I already know the power of the information and now is the time to spread it forward. Thanks for the amo Orrin I am putting this on my cell phone in a file that I can get to quickly allowing me to fire off as fast as possible and put the right information into peoples hands. Empowering the people with the knowledge allowing them to make a real informed decision on their own instead of listening to those that have no idea what they are talking about. Its true that you don't know what you don’t know but after this they'll have a much better idea to hopefully make their own informed decision. For I know for a fact that Life Leadership is well on its way to mainstream with the number 1 educational, leadership and self-help program to be implemented to date and that it will affect and change the lives of millions.
Thank you Orrin & Laurie for leading the charge taking the knocks and knocking them out of the park accepting no excuses standing tall for whats right and paving the way for a better tomorrow. For in this if you do the work you shall be rewarded that fires me up 2014 is going to be the Year of Dreams!

#19 ColleenLeslie

ColleenLeslie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 04:27 PM

This is a great article, Orrin.  

Thank you for putting it so clearly.  It is true that not everyone will make the effort to become that 1% who makes $50,000. But an even more important detail is that everyone COULD become the 1%.

Life Leadership a pyramid scheme??  People are misinformed and this article helps clear it up.  Most people work 40 or more hours a week for their pyramid scheme... all while getting paid for 30 hours and being unaware that they could get paid for performance with Life.  That's not fired up.

At least, it's not fired up until we get to them with the details in this post.  Thanks again for all you have done for the industry.

Sincerely,

Colleen

#20 Claude

Claude

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:19 PM

99 percent of people when they say "is this a pyramid" aren't actually asking if its an illegal pyramid scheme or legal direct selling business. they don't know the legal difference between the two. of course we are a legal business or we wouldn't be operating. there isn't enough money anywhere to entice me to break the law! 

what they are asking is "is this something where i do all the work and get none of the opportunity?". because thats what happens in my job. i work harder then my boss and he makes more. 

because in what most people do for a living, they can't work harder and make more. they are limited. so something that u can work unlimited and make unlimited seems too good to be true

• Jonathan Hall, Wade Hamblin, kaizendynasty and 10 others like this

#21 LIONEL

LIONEL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:40 PM

Thanks for that Orin the truth always trumps opinions 

#22 Lucy

Lucy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:56 PM

Thanks Orrin! Great post:)

#23 kaizendynasty

kaizendynasty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationFall River, Nova Scotia

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:11 PM

Orrin, This is one of my all time favorite post. Every time someone mentions a pyramid scheme its fun to ask people what's their definition of a pyramid scheme? Most people don't have a clue its just a buzz word out there, once you explain and show people how the Life Leadership company works it makes perfect sense.  Why would I invest my Life's career and mission into something that was not morally or ethically proven? This company will go down in history as the organization that developed the most success world leaders and make a huge impact on our children's, children's future.   

• Mary Doucette, DWRascalROKofKaizen and Rick Satterstrom like this

#24 Gbaker

Gbaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 12:59 AM

Well said and that's why we will reach a million and beyond !
Thanks Orrin for the courage to Stand in the storms of adversary , now we have been given a purpose to fight the battle and touch lives .
Onward & Uowards
Georgia Baker

#25 Steve K

Steve K

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationWashington, MO

Posted 28 February 2014 - 01:04 AM

Thanks Orrin! 

Your graphic says it all! 

The truly incredible system you and Chris - and the other co-founders established is a game-changer; so I'm learning to copy as fast as I can! I'm completely confident that anyone that puts their mind to learning the system, their effort to applying it and their dedication to finishing the race - will succeed.

You've made Life-Leadership the great vehicle to complete the great vision... for all of us. I know it is the opportunity of a lifetime and my wife, Mary & I are all in. On to a million! 

• Chris.miller likes this

It's a great day to be in LIFE!

#26 CJ Calvert

CJ Calvert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted 28 February 2014 - 07:19 AM

Orrin, brilliant analogy about the assembly line. What an elegant illustration of the 1 out of 100 simply being a snapshot of the process of development! Thanks for having the insightful and creative mind that you do. Onward to 1 million!
  • prelveprobe likes this

Choose to live an exceptional LIFE!  Phillippians 4:8

#27 Lee Weishar

Lee Weishar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:36 PM

The fact that there are 2 employees getting dumped on by 3 supervisors in that picture is priceless! 

it really seems like that in the corporate pyramids sometimes...

#28 joeydier

joeydier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:53 AM

Orrin,

First if thank you and the policy council with your spouses for everything you all have and are doing for us. Pyramid Scheme? Lol if you have a job that's a pyramid scheme. You will never make more than your boss because if position or politics. When you look at the Life Business MOST FOLKS stereotype it into just another network marketing business. I explain it like this: A farmer is in the field behind a mule hot and sweating and the farmer was too. There is a loud noise with a trail of dust blazing up the dirt road!!! It's a horseless carriage!!! It's moving under its own power!!! How does that happen? Where do I get one? Who made it? Little did the farmer know when he stereotyped the horseless carriage that it was called a motor car and that it would replace horse drawn carriages and a way if Life !! You see just because you don't fully understand something doesn't mean it doesn't work. You don't have to understand electricity to understand when you flip the switch the light will come on. Will your light come on or will you be left in the dark or behind times like the farmer? Don't just look at opinion polls on the internet from nameless faceless folks and come to a one sided conclusion. Take a test ride go to an open meeting or a Seminar!! Grab some of the Life changing information and try it-- after all it is a 30 day money back offer!!! You have nothing to loose but everything to gain!!! Hope to see you with a changed direction for you and your family soon!!! God Bless

#29 Bennett.Darcy

Bennett.Darcy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:54 PM

Wow, great post! I love the transparency, fairness, and honesty that is always so apparent in this organization. Proud to represent Life :)

• Sonya Withrow likes this

#30 Denis Leger

Denis Leger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMoncton, New Brunswick, Canada

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:02 PM

Orrin, thank you so much for this post! I love how you can break things down easily and make things simple to understand.  The funny thing is, and many people have already mentioned this, but most people that fear ''the pyramid'' couldn't even explain to you what a ''pyramid'' is...and I have to admit that before I got involved in this organization...I was one of them!

But once you see and understand truth and you get around this association of positive and uplifting people you quickly get over your pyramid-thinking and just enjoy all the benefits that come with being in the Life Leadership business.  What a blessed life we now get to live because we trusted in a few people and they haven't let us down.  A special thank you goes out from our family to the Dionnes, the Hamiltons, you and Laurie and the entire Policy Council...it would be scary to see what our lives would have downgraded to without meeting you guys!

Thank you so much!

Denis

• MichelCôté likes this

#31 Jerryt1

Jerryt1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCollierville, TN

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:28 PM

Great post Orrin!  Coming from an engineering background myself I find the analogy very appropriate and easily understood by all.  Also having been in other network marketing businesses where 87% or more fail,  I can recognize the faults, in their marketing plans, that would lead one to the assumption that all networking companies are "pyramid like scams".  However, up to the time I was introduced to Life Leadership I had never encountered a company with such integrity and concern for their members in every area of life. Nor had I ever seen one with a compensation plan that was designed for it's members to succeed and now with the CAB's, the new "Compensation Plan" brochure, and the "The Next Step" brochure, the only reason for anyone not to succeed is for them to quit or just do nothing. 

Vince Lombardi said, "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but  rather a lack of will', he also said; "The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.

Whether we succeed or fail us up to us,  you have done your part by giving us the tools and the vision. 

Thank you for your leadership and inspiration,

Jerry

Jerry & Cheryl Thomas

"Coming together is a beginning;

keeping together is progress;

working together is success" Henry Ford

#32 Marie-france

Marie-france

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:49 PM

Wow amazing post Orrin :D well said :) 

#33 Kirk and Nicole Porter

Kirk and Nicole Porter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:27 PM

Thanks Orrin for this awesome post! I had someone tell me this was a pyrimaid scheme when I first got started. Good thing I didnt listen to him and I sought out someone who was successful in this industry to get the right advice.

Now Nicole and I are debt free and are job optional through stepping out and chasing our dreams and having a great opportunity .

Thanks for this awesome opportunity !

Kirk

• Sonya Withrow, Jeremy Pottberg and Adam&Bec like this

I AM SPARTACUS!!!!!!

946952_10151720923096861_2125751625_n.pn

#34 MichelCôté

MichelCôté

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationDieppe, NB Canada

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:29 PM

Thank you Mr. Woodward for the great post!

I enjoy getting the details and comparison, this will be of great help to me moving forward.  

For me when I saw this I did not think it was a pyramid scheme, but truthfully it is because I had no idea what an illegal pyramid scheme was?  I did not know anyone who has been affected by them nor was I ever presented with an opportunity of 'buying into' one.  So I needed to find a way to share my thoughts truthfully and I could not use 'I was skeptical too' cause that was not the case. 

After a while (which has been mentioned on other post) I realized that most are afraid of the 'doing all the work and someone else is getting paid' or 'the person on top makes all the money because they got in first' deals.  With those I found using these two approaches have worked for me.

I often say:

'you can achieve more success than me and I will help you do it, once you are there I will introduce you to someone that will help you pass them, I know of no other business that encourages this and stands by this'

Another approach that I find makes sense is by sharing the story of the presentation Michael Dell offered to the Detroit Economic Club in 1999 where he says you need three C's to be in business in the information age:

Content (products or service) Commerce (make a profit) Community (need People or customers)

I add: ' if you do not have one of these three things, you are either going out of business (because you have no people and or no profit) or doing something illegal (you have no product)'  This is a leading edge information age business registered with Canada Revenue Agency with all three C's systematically incorporated for success.

These two approaches works for me to explain how this is not what they think it is but provides an opening for them to learn what it is and what to watch for.  I have not had that as an objection since.  

I am curious to hear if anyone else out there was like me and saw this business opportunity for what it is?:  my best shot at living the life I've always wanted. instead of the 'this must be one of those'.

Seize the Day and have an Impact. You, and those you meet tomorrow will be forever gratefull

Michel

#35 Dan Hawkins

Dan Hawkins

• PC
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:17 PM

Great article Orrin. I am honored to be a part of a company doing it right! I am always amazed at the fear the world puts into people instead of taking time to educate people so they can make a decision for themselves. Thank you for taking the time to educate and not indoctrinate. 

• BraveheartMicah, Sonya Withrow and Rick Satterstrom like this

#36 Bob Franke

Bob Franke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationGrand Haven Michigan

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:15 AM

Great post Orrin ! You have taken the will it work out of the equation now all that's left is will you work it ?

Thank you

Bob Franke

#37 LK.Seaman

LK.Seaman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 09 March 2014 - 01:21 AM

Great post! The truth wins the day..

#38 dannyandkim

dannyandkim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:07 AM

I think most people, if they are honest with themselves, are looking for something. Here they can find whatever they want. Starting out we were afraid of a pyramid but all we knew about it was that we wanted a fair opportunity. We wanted a chance, not based on position but a fair and honest chance to change our lives. The fact that we can out work our upline and pass them proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that this isn't the pyramid we were afraid of. It's the best opportunity on the planet and it's ours do as we desire with it and at whatever pace we choose to go. Thanks to the amazing leaders that are paving the way for each of us. We are truly blessed!

#39 Mike Rocheleau

Mike Rocheleau

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:22 AM

Awesome Post Orrin,

I can totally relate to your corporate pyramid example! I used to be a research assistant at AAFC Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada in the Bouctouche New Brunswick area and once I was exposed to the truth I quickly realized that there was something wrong. At one point my boss at the time heard that I had joined a business (Life) and tried to convince me that it was a scam. After getting Claude Hamilton's advice I sat with my boss and asked him if he could show me how to live the life I'd always wanted to live, he had quit a look of confusion on his face. He was even more confused when I explained that I was willing to out work him and do what ever he told me to as long as he could help me make more money then he was making. He simply answered that it didn't work like that at AAFC because he was more educated and had been there longer. I proceeded to respectfully tell him that it sounded a lot like a pyramid and then returned to my office. A few years ago after coaching with Claude and Lana and strategically looking at our business and our finances I left AAFC to focus on building my business and Thank God I did because has of 2012 the research center where I used to work was shut down people either lost their jobs or had to move to other city leaving their friends and family behind to chase false security. 

My wife and I will forever be grateful to Claude and Lana Hamilton and the "Life" Policy Counsel for giving all of us a chance to live a better life!

• ejbrodberg74 likes this

#40 therrien14

therrien14

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:27 AM

When I was first getting started LIFE Leadership, I was only 19 years old and I was totally blind or naive about this profession.  My dad teased me saying  things like: ''Look at him, he thinks he's gonna actually make money in his little pyramid business...Your getting brainwashed!'' And I had no clue what he was talking about about and what I quickly learned is that most people don't even know what a pyramid is! Once they understand the difference ''pay-for-performance'' and not ''pay-per-position'' it changes their view on the whole concept and they are now more open to the idea.  Let's just say that after changes in my attitude and my thinking, and secondly actually making some income, my dad now is pretty excited we're in business! I heard this quote in the start and always lived by it since: ''People of intergrity expect to be believed, and if they are notm they let time prove them right.''

• Marc & Tessa Mercier and Sonya Withrow like this

#41 Orrin Woodward

Orrin Woodward

Advanced Member

• PC
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:37 AM

Awesome Post Orrin,

I can totally relate to your corporate pyramid example! I used to be a research assistant at AAFC Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada in the Bouctouche New Brunswick area and once I was exposed to the truth I quickly realized that there was something wrong. At one point my boss at the time heard that I had joined a business (Life) and tried to convince me that it was a scam. After getting Claude Hamilton's advice I sat with my boss and asked him if he could show me how to live the life I'd always wanted to live, he had quit a look of confusion on his face. He was even more confused when I explained that I was willing to out work him and do what ever he told me to as long as he could help me make more money then he was making. He simply answered that it didn't work like that at AAFC because he was more educated and had been there longer. I proceeded to respectfully tell him that it sounded a lot like a pyramid and then returned to my office. A few years ago after coaching with Claude and Lana and strategically looking at our business and our finances I left AAFC to focus on building my business and Thank God I did because has of 2012 the research center where I used to work was shut down people either lost their jobs or had to move to other city leaving their friends and family behind to chase false security. 

My wife and I will forever be grateful to Claude and Lana Hamilton and the "Life" Policy Counsel for giving all of us a chance to live a better life!

Excellent message Mike!

#42 Anita Vaughn

Anita Vaughn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationGraham, Texas

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:48 PM

Loving the bird poop...I'm the one at the bottom. Not for long.

#43 kjellis

kjellis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 06:31 PM

Orrin, I remember your post about that. I have also sent a few people to that specific blog post because of how great it is. It's amazing at what some people will say when the don't know everything about us a a business, community and life changing organization.

Thank you for everything you do for us Orrin.

Kody

#44 SarahLHaddon

SarahLHaddon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationHarker heights,Texas

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:06 AM

Scam?! HA YEAH RIGHT, PLEASE!!!!

The Orrin Woodward I personally know & love & respect, isn't an Egyptian building pyramids.... the last time I checked anyway. LOL  Orrin Woodward is one of the most Loyal & Honest man I know who loves and follows God and wants to help others in their lives. God has blessed him with Leadership abilities to help bless others in their lives as well to help people bring out their greatness within them. With Orrin's great Faith & Trust in the Lord, the Lord has shown Orrin his purpose in Life (no pun intended...) which is to help bless others to expose their excellenece that each one of us have inside. He encourages others and loves them right where they are at... (cookies & cream baby cookies & cream! LOL) You show Orrin how hungry you truly are to learn, to truly be hungry to strive for your own personal excellence, then he will in return give you his all, just as long as you give yourself your all!

Attached Images

• imagesCAAFUOJ3.jpg
  • 3d-leader-leadership-pyramid-22156614.jpg

• DWRascalROKofKaizen, SarahLHaddon and beth.macgowan like this

#45 ejbrodberg74

ejbrodberg74

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationWilliamston, Michigan USA

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:53 PM

People that claim LIFE is a pyramid scheme, just need to be educated. I heard it said once that saying stuff like that is like someone going to college, paying for it, NOT going to classes and then claiming that college didn't work because they didn't get a job. If you haven't fully checked something out and gave it a good hard honest try, then there is no room to make such claims.

There's my 2 cents worth!

LIFE Leadership is awesome!!!

Eric J. Brodberg

TeamCrusaders

ejbrodberg2010.wordpress.com

Twitter: @BrodberGEnterpr

Facebook: ejbrodberg

#46 Sonya Withrow

Sonya Withrow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:47 AM

I am not sure who to give credit for this....  but never forget

You can say the all the right things to the wrong person, but you can't say all the wrong things to the right person

My personal best.  I am blessed.

Sonya Withrow

Make Life Better Today

timpwithrow@gmail.com

@ibeeliving

inspiredbyorrinthumbnail-e1392373034768.

#47 Neal Ruffner

Neal Ruffner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGrand Blanc, MI

Posted 03 May 2014 - 08:28 PM

Amen Sonya! Love that!

Neal Ruffner

Liberators

LT-IT

#48 yaya

yaya

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationAdams ny

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:19 PM

Well I will tell you one thing I have found to be so consistent. I am a restaurant owner, we are quite popular and know a lot of people from all walks of life. Every entrepreneur that I have been casually chatting with about has bought it. I have not had to try hard at all with the type of people I am around. People with regular jobs seem much harder to promote to, can't afford it, too busy whatever. My restaurant has won a ton of awards and is considered top in the area and we are struggling bad. We have 6 kids, this is going to be life changing for my family and I thank you so very much. 

• DWRascalROKofKaizen likes this

I believe
If I Look hard enough
I will see
That there can be enough
And I believe
I can think clear enough,
To conceive
A place where there's enough( M.E.)

#49 Claude

Claude

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:23 AM

Great article OW!

When I was in the military, there was a guy who got in about 2 years ahead of me. we were good friends and to tell u the truth he was a master at getting out of work and was known all over the ship for being a master "skivver". meaning he could get out of any work!! Well i considered myself NOT a skivver and was frustrated because no matter how hard I worked, he was in 2 years ahead and got all his courses and career progression ahead of me. I felt like my future had less to do with effort and work ethic and character and more with when i got in the pyramid!!! haha. sure made me want to join the ranks of the skivvers!

• Marc Page likes this

#50 tamiebelanger

tamiebelanger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:00 PM

Hi Orrin.

Great article. We get asked this question and can only smile to ourselves knowing that they don't know what they don't know. They probably listen to the radio, tv and read the newspaper and by that has formed an opinion. LIFE leadership does nor just talk the talk it walks the walk also. Keep spreading the truth Orrin. Thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pyramid scheme, scams, compensated communities, LIFE Leadership

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users