11 replies to this topic

#1 ChrisBeaubien

ChrisBeaubien

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 16 November 2015 - 09:43 PM

I love how subscriptions seem to be all the rave right now! I just discovered a couple this past week that planted seeds and got my attention. The first subscription box was for children in which they receive a cute passport allowing them on an adventure to where it says they are going and then leading them to fun hands on learning experience . The second one I discovered was designed for couples with the intent of bringing back connection in the form of a surprise date night box. I think with the product material we have being also educational and relational, that we could really start dominating in these hands on areas too, Making our content come even more alive. I love the element of surprise as well. I have no idea what that would really look like but reading through the testimonials of the date night box, it was awesome to see couples marriages start to rekindle and I know we could rock these areas! plus.... They would be great retail able subscriptions😀
-Ashley
  • Adam & Teesa Rossman, Derica Holden, prelveprobe and 1 other like this

#2 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 12:13 PM

I love how subscriptions seem to be all the rave right now! I just discovered a couple this past week that planted seeds and got my attention. The first subscription box was for children in which they receive a cute passport allowing them on an adventure to where it says they are going and then leading them to fun hands on learning experience . The second one I discovered was designed for couples with the intent of bringing back connection in the form of a surprise date night box. I think with the product material we have being also educational and relational, that we could really start dominating in these hands on areas too, Making our content come even more alive. I love the element of surprise as well. I have no idea what that would really look like but reading through the testimonials of the date night box, it was awesome to see couples marriages start to rekindle and I know we could rock these areas! plus.... They would be great retail able subscriptions
-Ashley

Ashley:

There is a good idea here.  Let us think on it, and of course, have our ears open if you should have more ideas along this line.

Just to let you know, we are also about to release several mini-subscriptions that are designed to reinforce the small, ongoing, reminder-based, habit-forming training we know works best for adults.  There will most certainly be one for the Financial Fitness product line, but we were also conceiving others, to perhaps include:

1) family (which would include parenting and marriage)

2) professional

others?

The idea is that these would be $9.99 and 10PV and therefore super easy to set customers up on.  Once a customer began experiencing how these very affordable monthly reminders affected their life improvement, they would certainly opt in for more and more of our material.

What do you all think out there?

CB

• Brandonperry, sscolvin, Adam & Teesa Rossman and 7 others like this

#3 Clint.Fix

Clint.Fix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 17 November 2015 - 01:58 PM

I love the idea Chris! Small programs that are affordable and start cementing the correct habits can be a great doorway to new customers and members! 

A couple thoughts-

1. Have you thought about creating a few full courses with really good content that we could offer for free as a funnel? Basically, something we can offer the outside world with no risk and no credit card required to give them a great idea of what we do. It would be great if these courses could easily be accessed through our personal website with tracking based on email/name so if/when they sign up as a paid customer that it tracks to the correct member (without the customer having to do anything). 

2. Offering rewards on the "courses" by completing them. Rewards could include free content like an audio, free ebook, reduced ticket prices to next seminar (targeted based on customer location), etc. Gamification and rewards for progress/completion can go a long ways. Kahn Academy is great at this (

• ChrisBeaubien, DWRascalROKofKaizen, Marc Page and 2 others like this

#4 ChrisBeaubien

ChrisBeaubien

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 17 November 2015 - 07:44 PM

If we did boxes, here are some ideas...
I could see a ...
1. LLR Corp box year sub with 12 areas being highlighted With a new theme in each box that employees can engage in together... Could be problem solving scenarios.
2. Resolved monthly or yearly box with the theme covering the different resultions
3. Pails box- themed (still thinking of themes). Could be great as a gift for sr. High school students to start their last year of highs school as they go through in their last year. Also would be a great graduation gift.
4. Marriage box could be a box where it's maybe part teaching, but dream building themes and could be featuring a new life coach couple every month that can give mentorship in the study along with contributing to its theme based on fun things about that featured couple.
5. Parenting box: part education part dream building as a family.
6. Life on Life box: so many ideas here but could connect us to our communities in a fun way and maybe help us feature and be sponsored by different charities who want awareness and can help link with us for content and application of box.
7. Edge box: a box for teens that could act similar to the pails,, life on life and help them to get engaged/ promote entrepreneurship. Maybe like life on life, it could be themed by interview with past edge cd contributors. It would be neat if the past speakers could link us with trinkets to put in the box based on who they are sponsored with. Those organizations may be wanting to find a way to get awareness out there as well so it could be win win:)
8. A freedom box: same as the passport box I mentioned in the first comment but based on American history, creating a way to learn and have an adventure:kid centered

These are just some ideas. The content would be plentiful, it's the hands on trinkets that I don't have a ton of ideas for.

-Ashley
  • Adam & Teesa Rossman, Derica Holden and dmacfarlane like this

#5 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 10:14 AM

If we did boxes, here are some ideas...
I could see a ...
1. LLR Corp box year sub with 12 areas being highlighted With a new theme in each box that employees can engage in together... Could be problem solving scenarios.
2. Resolved monthly or yearly box with the theme covering the different resultions
3. Pails box- themed (still thinking of themes). Could be great as a gift for sr. High school students to start their last year of highs school as they go through in their last year. Also would be a great graduation gift.
4. Marriage box could be a box where it's maybe part teaching, but dream building themes and could be featuring a new life coach couple every month that can give mentorship in the study along with contributing to its theme based on fun things about that featured couple.
5. Parenting box: part education part dream building as a family.
6. Life on Life box: so many ideas here but could connect us to our communities in a fun way and maybe help us feature and be sponsored by different charities who want awareness and can help link with us for content and application of box.
7. Edge box: a box for teens that could act similar to the pails,, life on life and help them to get engaged/ promote entrepreneurship. Maybe like life on life, it could be themed by interview with past edge cd contributors. It would be neat if the past speakers could link us with trinkets to put in the box based on who they are sponsored with. Those organizations may be wanting to find a way to get awareness out there as well so it could be win win:)
8. A freedom box: same as the passport box I mentioned in the first comment but based on American history, creating a way to learn and have an adventure:kid centered

These are just some ideas. The content would be plentiful, it's the hands on trinkets that I don't have a ton of ideas for.

-Ashley

These are excellent!

CB

• sscolvin, Adam & Teesa Rossman, DWRascalROKofKaizen and 3 others like this

#6 Adam & Teesa Rossman

Adam & Teesa Rossman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationRockford, IL

Posted 19 November 2015 - 12:03 AM

I love how subscriptions seem to be all the rave right now! I just discovered a couple this past week that planted seeds and got my attention. The first subscription box was for children in which they receive a cute passport allowing them on an adventure to where it says they are going and then leading them to fun hands on learning experience . The second one I discovered was designed for couples with the intent of bringing back connection in the form of a surprise date night box. I think with the product material we have being also educational and relational, that we could really start dominating in these hands on areas too, Making our content come even more alive. I love the element of surprise as well. I have no idea what that would really look like but reading through the testimonials of the date night box, it was awesome to see couples marriages start to rekindle and I know we could rock these areas! plus.... They would be great retail able subscriptions
-Ashley

I absolutely love the idea of the 'surprise date night box!'  To know that every month my wife and I would have activities to do together that would strengthen our relationship and help us have more fun together is awesome!  I have never heard of anything like this, but I like it so much that if we don't come up with something like this through Life Leadership - I probably would go out into the market to see what's there and start trying these products.  Sounds *really* fun!!!

-Adam

• Derica Holden likes this

#7 JennBoyd

JennBoyd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationBowling Green, Ohio

Posted 14 December 2015 - 03:34 AM

In line with either the $9.99 sub or a box idea: Since so many people have the goal of, or are currently homeschooling, I would think a subscription to help parents with testimonials, stories and tips on where to find information and support would be great. On the box theme, perhaps activity ideas to do with your kids, with a few ideas for different age groups and entire family fun.

Jennifer Boyd

#8 DWRascalROKofKaizen

DWRascalROKofKaizen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationLand o' Buckeyes

Posted 31 December 2015 - 09:13 PM

I love the idea Chris! Small programs that are affordable and start cementing the correct habits can be a great doorway to new customers and members! 
A couple thoughts-

1. Have you thought about creating a few full courses with really good content that we could offer for free as a funnel? Basically, something we can offer the outside world with no risk and no credit card required to give them a great idea of what we do. It would be great if these courses could easily be accessed through our personal website with tracking based on email/name so if/when they sign up as a paid customer that it tracks to the correct member (without the customer having to do anything). 

2. Offering rewards on the "courses" by completing them. Rewards could include free content like an audio, free ebook, reduced ticket prices to next seminar (targeted based on customer location), etc. Gamification and rewards for progress/completion can go a long ways. Kahn Academy is great at this (

Clint is da man. What a superb forum response, here. Allow me, please, to piggyback :

1. Great idea. I know of a guy locally who does this: He gives away content, and knows that by showing value, he will gather those deeper into his funnel that will happily pay for programs & such. ( although he doesn't use the subscription model. )

2. Brilliant. Definitely needs to be looked at. Free e-books, from what I can tell, are a big draw out there.

-SJ
Rok of Kaizen
twitter.com/RkKaizenSbsL

Four CORE missions:
Spread prosperity

#9 DWRascalROKofKaizen

DWRascalROKofKaizen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationLand o' Buckeyes

Posted 31 December 2015 - 09:18 PM

Ashley:

There is a good idea here.  Let us think on it, and of course, have our ears open if you should have more ideas along this line.

Just to let you know, we are also about to release several mini-subscriptions that are designed to reinforce the small, ongoing, reminder-based, habit-forming training we know works best for adults.  There will most certainly be one for the Financial Fitness product line, but we were also conceiving others, to perhaps include:

1) family (which would include parenting and marriage)
2) professional
others?

The idea is that these would be $9.99 and 10PV and therefore super easy to set customers up on.  Once a customer began experiencing how these very affordable monthly reminders affected their life improvement, they would certainly opt in for more and more of our material.

What do you all think out there?

CB

Terrific idea!

With having to re-program (unschool) so many people on how to invest in themselves v. Be 'good little consumers'. ;-) , lower price points for add't subscriptions beyond Freedom/10$ & Edge/$10 are ideal for add't market penetration & segmentation.

I'd add for possible consideration, please :

3. Friendship
4. Networking ( business B2B )
5. Goal Setting
6. ( w/ LLR end dated with 50PV ... ). Reintroduce a 10PV for Intro to Leadership

-SJ
Rok of Kaizen
twitter.com/RkKaizenSbsL

Four CORE missions:
Spread prosperity

#10 Derica Holden

Derica Holden

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 12:25 PM

It sounds like some may have beaten me to the punch with this idea, but what about a marriage fitness pack? Or a marriage fitness challenge? Perhaps similar to the MFC or the FFP, but geared specifically towards marriage.

Thank you Chris Brady & all the founders, admins, & leaders for all you do to make this company AMAZING. The valleys my husband and I have experienced within our marriage are nothing compared to the peaks we've climbed with LIFE Leadership. :D

Derica

#11 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 09:36 AM

D

It sounds like some may have beaten me to the punch with this idea, but what about a marriage fitness pack? Or a marriage fitness challenge? Perhaps similar to the MFC or the FFP, but geared specifically towards marriage.

Thank you Chris Brady & all the founders, admins, & leaders for all you do to make this company AMAZING. The valleys my husband and I have experienced within our marriage are nothing compared to the peaks we've climbed with LIFE Leadership. :D

Derica

Derica:

I too like this idea!

We have it on the list, but it may be a while before we have the resources to produce this.  But stay tuned . . . .

CB

• Marc Page and Derica Holden like this

#12 Keith & Lynn Burns

Keith & Lynn Burns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationGenoa City, WI

Posted 06 April 2016 - 09:18 AM

How about a pack for parents on raising teens?  I know we have the edge pack, but a pack specifically set up to give parents the tools to help them with their ever changing teenager.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users