Photo

How Life Leadership Is Impacting The Next Generation!

Leadership Young leaders Edge subscription Life

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Beth Ober

Beth Ober

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 10:04 PM

This is a 7 year old boy named John Stites! His parents are Sean and Julie Stites and have been part of the Life business since it began on 11/1/11 John was inspired to start a leadership blog from listening to the cd's and reading the books in our system! There is nothing like this information on the market that is intentional character development for even the youngest of entrepreneurs! John loves the edge CDs which are geared more for the young or just young at heart! Thank you to all the life leaders for the awesome opportunity to impact the next generation!

image.jpg

• Phil Wall, ejbrodberg74, Sharon Hoffman and 8 others like this

#2 Scott.Staley

Scott.Staley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:15 AM

We have alot of friends/families where their children love listening to leadership material, and attending group events with other LIFE members, and coming to seminars etc.  However, what I think will be the most impactful - over time - is having them watch their parents grow and change, have hope in their lives, take courageous steps out to serve others to change their own families futures.  There are many, many families that the ripple effect from that process won't be truly felt or seen until the next generation of leaders steps up.  I'm super excited to watch this happen (and do everything I can to help it move forwards)!

• Phil Wall, smiesmom, John & Iantha and 2 others like this

#3 Neal Ruffner

Neal Ruffner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGrand Blanc, MI

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:41 AM

Wow!! Awesome posts Beth!! HOW COOL!!!

• Anita Vaughn likes this

Neal Ruffner

Liberators

LT-IT

#4 Tyrell Mentzer

Tyrell Mentzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:50 AM

Incredible. This is so inspiring.

• Anita Vaughn likes this

"The scars you acquire while excercising courage will not make you feel inferior"

--Claude Hamilton

Team Courageous Transformers

WE TRANSFORM, WE WIN!!!

#5 smiesmom

smiesmom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:17 PM

Our son Nico is 12 now and as such has enjoyed attending our events over the past year. One of our proudest moments was when he wanted to ask a friend to accompany him to his Christmas ball for cadets and under his own devices asked us if he could ask the father of this girl for permission to ask her to the dance.  He also requested that he be given the opportunity to ask in person as he felt that that would be more respectful than a phone call!  He learned about respect and these subtle values from the edge system as well as the Life Subscription material that we listen to in the car.  We are so proud of watching him grow and prosper in this environment.

• Phil Wall, cyndillon and Anita Vaughn like this

#6 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:19 PM

This is a 7 year old boy named John Stites! His parents are Sean and Julie Stites and have been part of the Life business since it began on 11/1/11 John was inspired to start a leadership blog from listening to the cd's and reading the books in our system! There is nothing like this information on the market that is intentional character development for even the youngest of entrepreneurs! John loves the edge CDs which are geared more for the young or just young at heart! Thank you to all the life leaders for the awesome opportunity to impact the next generation!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Notice that he's using a MacBook.  Good boy!

• Rhys Plant, Phil Wall, Sharon Hoffman and 6 others like this

#7 Phil Wall

Phil Wall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 12:07 AM

attachicon.gifimage.jpYou are making a difference.....Thankyou

#8 Rhys Plant

Rhys Plant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:05 AM

This is an awesome testimony to the power of the LIFE Leadership information and community. My wife and I have 3 kids (4.5, 3 and 1) and the older two have their favourite speakers and are constantly blurting out little tidbits that they've learned from listening to our audios! It is incredible to see what they are learning at such a young age and I cannot wait to see the people they grow up to be after being raised with this information coming at them for their whole lives!

#9 Kevin.Swedberg

Kevin.Swedberg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:52 PM

One afternoon I was riding home from school where I am a teacher and my daughter is a student.  I confess I was tired and became quickly overwhelmed by the level of energy my 3rd grader was displaying in the back seat.  I wanted to relax on a quiet ride home in the car and she wanted to tell me every detail of every event that happened since 8:00 that morning.  As we rode and I listened a brief moment of silence crept in, so I asked my daughters permission to turn on my Life Leadership CD.  She granted permission and we began to listen together.  After a few minutes of CD play, my daughter interrupted with "Dad - wait, wait, wait..." I paused the CD with regret ready to hear more of the details of an 8 year old's day.  Instead I heard her say, "You mean a leader is..." followed by her own version of what she had just learned about leadership.  I was in awe because without Life Leadership and the influence of incredible teaching that can fit in pockets of time through our busy schedules, I would not have had the privilege to help my daughter understand how she can begin to be a leader even now in her own community.  Thank you Life for helping each of us strive for something better no matter what our age.

• MCQUAIDJASON likes this

#10 Stu Hall

Stu Hall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:03 PM

From Scott Staley

We have alot of friends/families where their children love listening to leadership material, and attending group events with other LIFE members, and coming to seminars etc.  However, what I think will be the most impactful - over time - is having them watch their parents grow and change, have hope in their lives, take courageous steps out to serve others to change their own families futures.  There are many, many families that the ripple effect from that process won't be truly felt or seen until the next generation of leaders steps up.  I'm super excited to watch this happen (and do everything I can to help it move forwards)!

I agree.

#11 SarahLHaddon

SarahLHaddon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationHarker heights,Texas

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:43 PM

Love it Beth!!!!

Xoxo

#12 Nick

Nick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis, Missouri

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:00 AM

This is a completely awesome story shared....ROCK ON JOHN! Chase your dreams indeed!

D.R.E.A.M.

Nick

#13 Anita Vaughn

Anita Vaughn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationGraham, Texas

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:00 PM

I asked my daughter who is 14 if she would listen to the Edge series if I ordered the subscription. She said no. She doesn't have much of a choice now. She was having some conflicts with another girl. I told her that I'm getting the subscription and it wouldn't hurt for her to listen. I told her that I would listen with her and she said she would give it a try.

What a fine young man.

#14 kenreeder

kenreeder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationGlenwood Springs, CO

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:37 PM

Our daughter, Jocelyn (15) has just finished writing her first novel.  She has been at it for 9 months and it obviously has had its ups and downs.  Through the information we have access to through LIFE Leadership, we taught her how to set a goal, and then showed her how to follow through and get it done by the "deadline".  She finished it the day of the deadline, and it's being edited as I write this.

Without this info, I shudder to think what I would have told her the day she came and expressed her desire to write a novel. Thanks LIFE Leadership for finding the best info out there on success and goal setting and passing it on to us.  You have made a multi-generational impact.

• ejbrodberg74 and SuprStiehl like this

#15 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:40 PM

Our daughter, Jocelyn (15) has just finished writing her first novel.  She has been at it for 9 months and it obviously has had its ups and downs.  Through the information we have access to through LIFE Leadership, we taught her how to set a goal, and then showed her how to follow through and get it done by the "deadline".  She finished it the day of the deadline, and it's being edited as I write this.

Without this info, I shudder to think what I would have told her the day she came and expressed her desire to write a novel. Thanks LIFE Leadership for finding the best info out there on success and goal setting and passing it on to us.  You have made a multi-generational impact.

That is awesome!!! Go Jocelyn!!!

CB

#16 Tina.Abernathy

Tina.Abernathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:03 AM

Love this article and the ripple affect the LIFe materials are making.  My children are 17, 15 and 11 and have been passively and actively listening to these materials for years.  I know that it has made a difference in their thinking and their actions.  Just a few examples:

Tirae had over $1000 in her savings account by age 16 of money she made from her First entrepreneurial endeavor started at 14.  She is an excellent communicator (just like her dad).  Thanks Financial Fitness information

Lloyd organized and started Meet you at the Pole a prayer group while in middle school and for years many of his teachers would say, "Lloyd is such a quiet, powerful leader where did you get this kid"  Several of them have visited my home or written personal notes about him, his character, his academics and his leadership.  

TiNiah is my youngest and maybe understands this business and it's information more than the others.  Her wisdom about the Cash Flow quadrant, contacting and making a difference wherever she is is worth duplicating. She is the one who stated I want to be a Stay at home mom like my mom and a doctor on the side....lol

It's impossible to put into a short post what these materials have done for my children's LIFE.  It's much like the wind, you know its there,  you can feel it but you can't quite capture it!!

AaaaaOoooo

• tammy.yousif and ejbrodberg74 like this

#17 Mike Kolp

Mike Kolp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:54 PM

My kids are 3 and almost 2. Just by being in the indirect fire of cds and this material they are Life-etts. Its amazing that at 3 years old my daughter tells people "my dad is out working to help people". She applies conflict resolution on her brother and loves to read. All this is only the direct reflection of Life products in my families life. By working on ourselves we can change the world. Great job John. Orrin say's it best with a quote from a tomb in Westminster Abby,

“When I was young and free and my imagination had no limits, I dreamed of changing the world.

As I grew older and wiser I discovered the world would not change –
So I shortened my sights somewhat and decided to change only my country, but it too seemed immovable.

As I grew into my twilight years, in one last desperate attempt, I settled for changing only my family, those closest to me, but alas, they would have none of it.

And now I realize as I lie on my deathbed, if I had only changed myself first, then by example I might have changed my family. From their inspiration and encouragement I would then have been able to better my country,

And who knows, I might have even changed the world.”

• Brandonperry and ejbrodberg74 like this

#18 hans.rohne

hans.rohne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 01:23 AM

We attended our first convention June 2015 and brought our 15 year old along, telling him we were paying for this one--just try it out.  I wasn't sure what to expect but as it turned out, he loved it and said he would pay for the next one!  He couldn't attend because of football but he's all set to go in January, along with our other two children who have joined us in the business!  

A few months ago I read somewhere on the forum (I think?!) where someone had asked about adding a teen component to the leadership conventions.  In other words, having their own convention.  Wow...I think that would be so killer!  If they could share ideas and talk about real issues they are facing and how they are overcoming (or struggling) I think it would be so powerful.  Maybe even ideas about ways they can be involved in the business until they can legally become a member.  One idea we had was doing a LLR course with my sons friend group, modeling how it would work, and then helping him set up as a customer his own customer base and facilitate other youth leadership programs.

Thanks for putting out such great stuff.  Either way, our kids cannot help but be gifted with our growth!! :)

Teri

#19 danielbreslin

danielbreslin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 01:15 AM

Yes we all need leadership attitude in our behavior and personality; most probably people with good leadership attitude and skills are always having high level of confidence and ability to bring revolutionary changes in the society. So to refine our leadership attitude we need good supportive programs and I am sure our leadership attitude helps to develop our next generation views.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Leadership, Young leaders, Edge subscription, Life

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users