11 replies to this topic

#1 laurawagner

laurawagner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 02:44 PM

POPULAR

Can someone please clarify the requirements for setting up a Life on Life event? Our team is considering holding a brat fry to help out a local non-profit.
Can we just go ahead and do that on our own or do we need approval from Life office before we begin?

Are some events ok to do on our own while others might need approval?

Are there some guidelines somewhere on the web that spell this all out?

Thank you,

Laura

• Donna, prelveprobe, StanleyPa and 67 others like this

#2 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 09:43 PM

Can someone please clarify the requirements for setting up a Life on Life event? Our team is considering holding a brat fry to help out a local non-profit.
Can we just go ahead and do that on our own or do we need approval from Life office before we begin?

Are some events ok to do on our own while others might need approval?

Are there some guidelines somewhere on the web that spell this all out?

Thank you,

Laura

Great questions Laura!

The overall answer is to please serve when you can and where you can whenever you can.  You don't have to wait for anyone's permission do make a difference in your community!

However, to coordinate an event with your team and have Life on Life throw some tee shirts at it and help out in other ways (let us know what's needed), run that through your upline Sr. Coordinator.  It is at that level that we are asking for things to be organized.  

Thanks!  And thank you for your heart to serve!

CB

• ejbrodberg74, Adam & Teesa Rossman, Marc Page and 4 others like this

#3 Gene Bulmer

Gene Bulmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:39 PM

We’re attending a new church for our family. After 18 years @ one church, a change of pastors & leadership styles led me/us to make a decision to move on. The previous church’s congregation size was 400…the new one close to 2,000. And, while I don’t actively prospect in church service (LOL!), I went on a men’s retreat and began to generally integrate with the new congregation (meeting people, attending functions & ministry/outreach meetings, etc.).

About 2 weeks before the Summer Summit (Ottawa for us) I met with the leader of one of the community outreach programs, to see where I might fit in. I arrived early &, when asked, began to discuss LIFE Leadership, the 8 F’s & PDCA. She asked for a card, said she’d check out the website & about a week later emailed me to see if we could meet again. We set a date to meet & then I attended Summer Summit. When LIFE on Life was announced, my wife & daughter immediately looked at me…the integration into church outreach programs was perfect!

We’re now setting up training, which I will do for the volunteers - AND, she passed my info onto the head of the church’s entire ministry program (of which hers is one piece). He & I met this week & are now planning an 8 module leadership forum for the church’s internal leadership. He also checked out our site & was extremely interested in LIFE on Life. He’s now reviewing the LLR book & listening to Lens Effect. The forum will take place late Fall, but my role in it will go beyond the 8 sessions into further integration.

I’m also the guest speaker for next week’s (8/1) Men’s Fellowship Breakfast. My topic is Ezekiel: Growing through Change & Attacking the Status Quo!

Read, Listen, Associate…& Implement!

• David Youngblood, Donna, mistydawn128 and 2 others like this
2 Timothy 1:7
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

#4 Gene Bulmer

Gene Bulmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:49 PM

Oh - I almost forgot: 2 Men's breakfast's ago, I started a conversation that has led to a small corporate account that so far has purchased 3 copies of LLR & is now considering a CD subscription. Thank You, Lord, for opening doors!

• Donna, Ammon Nelson, Jeanette Rogacion and 2 others like this
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but of power & of love and of calm, a well-balanced mind, discipline and self-control.

#5 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 02:54 PM

We’re attending a new church for our family. After 18 years @ one church, a change of pastors & leadership styles led me/us to make a decision to move on. The previous church’s congregation size was 400…the new one close to 2,000. And, while I don’t actively prospect in church service (LOL!), I went on a men’s retreat and began to generally integrate with the new congregation (meeting people, attending functions & ministry/outreach meetings, etc.).

About 2 weeks before the Summer Summit (Ottawa for us) I met with the leader of one of the community outreach programs, to see where I might fit in. I arrived early &, when asked, began to discuss LIFE Leadership, the 8 F’s & PDCA. She asked for a card, said she’d check out the website & about a week later emailed me to see if we could meet again. We set a date to meet & then I attended Summer Summit. When LIFE on Life was announced, my wife & daughter immediately looked at me…the integration into church outreach programs was perfect!

We’re now setting up training, which I will do for the volunteers - AND, she passed my info onto the head of the church’s entire ministry program (of which hers is one piece). He & I met this week & are now planning an 8 module leadership forum for the church’s internal leadership. He also checked out our site & was extremely interested in LIFE on Life. He’s now reviewing the LLR book & listening to Lens Effect. The forum will take place late Fall, but my role in it will go beyond the 8 sessions into further integration.

I’m also the guest speaker for next week’s (8/1) Men’s Fellowship Breakfast. My topic is Ezekiel: Growing through Change & Attacking the Status Quo!

Read, Listen, Associate…& Implement!

Gene:

Great job!

What a fantastic job you've done integrating the sale of our materials into also making a difference with your hands-on presence!  

Keep up the great work!

CB

• Donna and laurawagner like this

#6 Gene Bulmer

Gene Bulmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 09 August 2015 - 12:47 AM

Thanks Chris. The breakfast talk went splendidly. The goal was to raise our visibility within the community...and I literally made 5-6 contacts (them coming up to me), post talk. I'm scheduled to deliver a one hour training (personality types & servant leadership) to the volunteers in September & the Fall forum is not only taking shape...but their goal is now for it to be an annual leadership event!

Because of all this activity, we have a carpentry crew arriving Monday morning to widen our front doorway...just so I can get my head out each morning! ;- D

• Donna, mistydawn128, Ammon Nelson and 1 other like this

#7 Gene Bulmer

Gene Bulmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 25 August 2015 - 05:06 PM

I did an STP this AM with a leader from Athletes in Action, which went very well - he summed up what we're doing via a verse from 2 Timothy 2:2

"And the [instructions] which you have heard from me along with many witnesses, transmit and entrust [as a deposit] to reliable and faithful men who will be competent and qualified to teach others also."

...that's 4 generations of passing along truth & developing leaders!

• SusanPetersonFL, SuprStiehl, Donna and 1 other like this

#8 Gene Bulmer

Gene Bulmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 14 September 2015 - 09:10 PM

Alright! Training session 1 was completed this past Saturday (a few hours before our Harrisburg, PA seminar). I covered Personalities, LENS Effect & conflict resolution.

Results: I sponsored a couple from the volunteer group this afternoon, was asked to call upon another person's place of business to check out our LLR materials & was just called today to repeat the training later this month for the next wave of volunteers!

And
, I just booked 2 speaking sessions with the community college our kids are attending Phi Beta Kappa organization, dealing with leadership, entrepreneurial thinking & the concept of failure (I think I'll be able to rustle up a talk or 2!) 

#LoveLifeLeadership

• Marc Page, Donna and Ammon Nelson like this

#9 Donna

Donna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationDecatur, IL

Posted 18 October 2015 - 11:14 PM

Way to run with the ball!
Donna Adcock<p>He who has the Son has life...

#10 jayashree

jayashree

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationBangalore

Posted 28 April 2016 - 05:53 AM

You can go with secret telling games. 

#11 Gene Bulmer

Gene Bulmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 06 September 2016 - 10:21 PM

This Sunday, 9.11.16, we will kick off a series of Life Leadership talks to a juvenile detention center in New Jersey: young men needing some better self-talk & overall life skills for when they're released. I'm starting out with 'Self Talk', will move on to the 'Ant & Elephant', LENS Effect & Wayne McNamara's 'Ten Habits of the Mentally Tough Leader'.

The talks will be given every 6 weeks for the next 6-8 months.

• sscolvin, spartan1 and Bill Cohoon like this

#12 Gene Bulmer

Gene Bulmer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 06 October 2016 - 08:53 PM

We'll be back @ the Juvenile Detention center this Sunday, 10/09 - with a talk on Tommy Newberry's 4:8 Principle (thanks, Kirk Birtles) The Gospel's been presented to these young men & they have some questions (a good thing!). Now to continue building their self-awareness & skill set.
#LoveLifeLeadership

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Life on Life

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users