#1 Darrell Millner

Darrell Millner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:20 PM

Good Afternoon Winners,

I have been very excited with MS.Mobile over the past quarter, the ability to play my media on the first of the month and receiving same in CD format later. 

However I have a question regarding LIFE Stream, digital media, (and the question is not intended as good or bad, but) the "C" in me needs something spelled out.

• When I or a customer purchase a "digital product", say LIFE Training or The Edge series, am I correct that the only play pack method is the digital player embedded in the site and or app?
  • What happens in the above case if someone breaks relationship?  Does the purchaser retain ownership of the copy and the ability to play purchased media? 

I guess what I am saying is like with some ebook formats, some once you purchase, no problem read anytime anywhere using what you wish, where as with others once you are no longer on the "monthly program" your library is lost to you.

Thank you for all that you do, LIFE is amazing...... and I love it.

• Donna, Ammon Nelson, prelveprobe and 2 others like this

#2 martin.spusta

martin.spusta

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 240 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 03:11 PM

Darrell,

You are correct. The only playback method is through the LIFE Stream "player" embedded in the site or the native app.

It does not matter if the audio was purchased as an individual audio, or if the audio was delivered as through a digital subscription, the purchaser will retain access to this audio regardless of their current subscription status.

For example:

If you are on EDGE subscription for the month of July, but then you cancel the following month you will be able to listen to the July EDGE audio indefinitely.

Martin

• slpries, Adam & Teesa Rossman, Marc Page and 3 others like this

#3 Darrell Millner

Darrell Millner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 09 July 2015 - 04:18 PM

Outstanding Martin,

Great reply. That really helps me wrap my head around things.

Thank You.

#4 Adam & Teesa Rossman

Adam & Teesa Rossman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationRockford, IL

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:47 AM

Is there/will there be a way to move the digital purchase over to physical storage for times when streaming is not an option?

• Chris Mikeska likes this

#5 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 06:02 AM

Is there/will there be a way to move the digital purchase over to physical storage for times when streaming is not an option?

Yes, that is in the works

CB

• Adam & Teesa Rossman, SuprStiehl, Marc Page and 1 other like this

#6 Adam & Teesa Rossman

Adam & Teesa Rossman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationRockford, IL

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:32 PM

THAT is awesome!  I'm loving Life Stream already.  To think that its still going to be updated and improved is fantastic!  

• Chris Mikeska likes this

#7 Adam & Teesa Rossman

Adam & Teesa Rossman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationRockford, IL

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:35 PM

I didn't have time to switch my marketing system subscription to digital (its always a goal to of mine to be PBO on the first of the month), so I had to wait for the physical cds to come in the mail.  A week ago a teammate was telling me about an awesome CD from Steve Leurquin that had come out, and I was really excited to hear it.  As soon as I got off the phone, I was able to go into Life Stream, find the cd, purchase it, and listen to it at 1.5x speed (which was just enough to finish the cd before I got the the meeting I was driving to).  Its so awesome to have instant access to an audio like that.

Thank you so much to the crew that put this together!!!

• Ammon Nelson likes this

#8 Chris Mikeska

Chris Mikeska

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:59 PM

Will there be a way to fast forward or rewind on the Life Stream Recordings?  Being able to skip to a specific spot in a talk will be very helpful in the event you have a technical issue or want to back up a little bit to re-listen to something you missed.  I have actually had a few occasions where I had a technical issue on my phone and when I went to resume listening to the recording, I had to start it from the beginning instead of where I left off.

• Brenda Kilhoffer likes this

#9 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:09 PM

Will there be a way to fast forward or rewind on the Life Stream Recordings?  Being able to skip to a specific spot in a talk will be very helpful in the event you have a technical issue or want to back up a little bit to re-listen to something you missed.  I have actually had a few occasions where I had a technical issue on my phone and when I went to resume listening to the recording, I had to start it from the beginning instead of where I left off.

yes

We are working on that.

Thx

CB

• Adam & Teesa Rossman, SusanPetersonFL, Marc Page and 1 other like this

#10 AJ & Emily Smith

AJ & Emily Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:14 PM

Is there a reason why there is the option to play in the background or not? I personally don't see why play in background isn't default.

Also, can we set it up to play and the increased speeds when playing in the background.

Lastly, any way we can set up ability to control the audio from the phone lock screen?

#11 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:16 PM

yes

We are working on that.

Thx

CB

The ability to Fast Forward and Rewind as well as automatically stop the audio once the car shut off is planned on being released September 1st.

• Adam & Teesa Rossman, Marc Page, Ammon Nelson and 1 other like this

#12 Adam & Teesa Rossman

Adam & Teesa Rossman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationRockford, IL

Posted 23 July 2015 - 10:11 PM

You guys seriously think of everything before we can even ask!  We are so blessed.  It takes a lot of forethought and passion to be able to anticipate what the field needs, wants and could benefit from.  Thanks again for having our back on a daily basis!

• mistydawn128 and Chris Mikeska like this

#13 Luke Barnett

Luke Barnett

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 12:40 PM

So.. on the same note as being able to download the "cds" we buy digitally so we can play them using other types of media players, is it possible to make it where we can take existing cds (mp3s) that we already own and upload them to LIFEstream so we can have all our audio in one spot?? 

• Luke Barnett and Ammon Nelson like this

#14 Brenda Kilhoffer

Brenda Kilhoffer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationGoodyear, AZ

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:25 PM

I asked this question in the wrong forum earlier, so if it is repetitive, I apologize.  I love my LIFE Stream and have purchased hundreds of single audios and lots of packs as well.  When I first purchased my packs there was a 2nd tab available to me to sort by packs.  That tab seems to have disappeared.  I really liked having the ability to find a pack and listen to it in its entirety.  Is that feature being worked on or improved & will it come back?  Also, how do I know which digitals are my brand new subscription audios when they come in?

Brenda Kilhoffer

Independent Member
LIFE Leadership
Office - 623.337.8590
Mobile - 623.734.0431

logo.png

Your BEST Shot at Living the LIFE You've Always Wanted!

#15 martin.spusta

martin.spusta

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 240 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 08:15 PM

I asked this question in the wrong forum earlier, so if it is repetitive, I apologize.  I love my LIFE Stream and have purchased hundreds of single audios and lots of packs as well.  When I first purchased my packs there was a 2nd tab available to me to sort by packs.  That tab seems to have disappeared.  I really liked having the ability to find a pack and listen to it in its entirety.  Is that feature being worked on or improved & will it come back?  Also, how do I know which digitals are my brand new subscription audios when they come in?

Brenda,

Thank you for your feedback. We have new enhancements in the works that will send a notification to you as soon as new audios are available.

The feature that lists the audio packs and the ability to sort audios by packs is going to be available by tomorrow. We have been making some performance improvements to this features. 

Thank you for your patience.

Martin

#16 westernarcher

westernarcher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2015 - 06:07 PM

I keep getting dropped while listening to life stream. Of the last 8 training audios I have only been able to listen to one all the way thru. Just random parts of the audio. 1 min in and sometimes makes it 30 minutes. My wifes phone too. She has an iPhone 5c and I have the 6. Anybody else experiencing this?

#17 martin.spusta

martin.spusta

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 240 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 08:05 PM

Hello,

Thank you for your question. Please update your iOS to the latest version and try it again.

In addition, please try to use LIFE Stream using the SAFARI browser to see if the issue is related to only native application.

Hope that this helped.

Martin

#18 Chris Potocnik

Chris Potocnik

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationErin, Ontario

Posted 08 September 2015 - 05:53 PM

hey, i'm loving the Life Stream app, being able to get the CD's the moment we purchase them. I've changed all my subscriptions to the digital method. However, in my case the odd time the money isn't in my account on either the first or the 15th. I've noticed with the LIFE, Edge, Ago and such, after the third try to pull the money out and its not there, we have to go through "purchase additional packs" at the top of the page. I've only been able to order them as a hard copy, there is no option to purchase the digital copy. is the the way it will remain?

Chris 

#19 martin.spusta

martin.spusta

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 240 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 09:32 PM

Chris,

You can purchase any packs through LIFE Stream. Just go to Product Packs or LT packs and when purchasing the pack choose "Digital" option. 

If you try to purchase these packs through LIFE Leadership Shopping cart you will always receive a hard copy as the current LIFE Leadership shopping cart does not allow placing orders for digital products.

Hope that this helped.

Martin

#20 Ammon Nelson

Ammon Nelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationWeber County, Utah

Posted 09 September 2015 - 10:08 AM

Chris,

You can purchase any packs through LIFE Stream. Just go to Product Packs or LT packs and when purchasing the pack choose "Digital" option. 

If you try to purchase these packs through LIFE Leadership Shopping cart you will always receive a hard copy as the current LIFE Leadership shopping cart does not allow placing orders for digital products.

Hope that this helped.

Martin

So the previous month's digital product and LT subscriptions should be available in the Product Packs and LT Packs respectively?  I don't see them available.  Am I going to the wrong place?

"The first step in any effective application of knowledge is getting the knowledge. The first step in changing the world is to first transform oneself. Always. If what you read isn't transforming you in a positive way, it has no value - to anyone. Pick better books, a better venue for learning, a better set of mentors.  Invest the time to give yourself a real leadership education, one in which you are not just a passenger but one of the people driving the wagon. Actively pursue excellence."

-Oliver DeMille and Brad Bolon

#21 martin.spusta

martin.spusta

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 240 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 11:39 AM

Ammon,

All LT talks can be found under Life Training store. Login into LIFE Stream and click on LIFE Training and select "Store"

You should see all LT audios that are available for sale.

Martin

#22 Ammon Nelson

Ammon Nelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 11:37 AM

Ammon,

All LT talks can be found under Life Training store. Login into LIFE Stream and click on LIFE Training and select "Store"

You should see all LT audios that are available for sale.

Martin

I get that they are available individually in the store.  I guess I misunderstood what you were saying before.  I thought you were saying that previous month's subscriptions were available as a pack.  Thank you for the clarification.

"The first step in any effective application of knowledge is getting the knowledge. The first step in changing the world is to first transform oneself. Always. If what you read isn't transforming you in a positive way, it has no value - to anyone. Pick better books, a better venue for learning, a better set of mentors.  Invest the time to give yourself a real leadership education, one in which you are not just a passenger but one of the people driving the wagon. Actively pursue excellence."

#23 Darinsonya

Darinsonya

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 08:33 AM

I purchased a digital LT 467 and can't find it on my LT library. I purchased twice (thinking user error) and I have been charged twice but can't locate LT 467 Sounds Interesting, But anywhere on my life stream.

I'd love some direction as to where it might be hanging out....

#24 martin.spusta

martin.spusta

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 240 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 03:41 PM

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your purchase. It is not possible to purchase more than 1 copy of the same digital audio. 

Can you verify that you purchased digital copy and not a Physical CD?

Please contact our customer support who will be able to help you with this issue. 

Thanks and have a great day.

Martin

#25 Deborah Borlase

Deborah Borlase

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:22 PM

I'm LOVING the Life Stream digital CDs, and am listening to them at the office while doing tasks that don't require too much direct focus (I love the ability to multi-task!).  But I keep getting dropped while I'm listening from my PC, and so I have to back out to the home screen & restart the "CD" each time guessing at approximately the point it dropped.  Any idea what might be causing this?

Also, I did notice while at Leadership Convention that LifeStream worked with my bluetooth (yay!), but when I switched to a more comfortable one, it's not compatible with that one?  Not sure if that's the case or not.  

Thanks for continuously making our system easier to use!

Regards,
Deborah

#26 martin.spusta

martin.spusta

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 240 posts

Posted 31 October 2015 - 07:22 PM

Deborah,

We are in a process of updating Life Stream for desktop and addressing some of these intermittent issues. We have not heard any issues with users not be able to use bluetooth devices. Life Stream should be compatible with any standard bluetooth device. 

Thank you for your feedback and have a great day.

Martin

#27 Ammon Nelson

Ammon Nelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 01:01 PM

I'm LOVING the Life Stream digital CDs, and am listening to them at the office while doing tasks that don't require too much direct focus (I love the ability to multi-task!).  But I keep getting dropped while I'm listening from my PC, and so I have to back out to the home screen & restart the "CD" each time guessing at approximately the point it dropped.  Any idea what might be causing this?

Also, I did notice while at Leadership Convention that LifeStream worked with my bluetooth (yay!), but when I switched to a more comfortable one, it's not compatible with that one?  Not sure if that's the case or not.  

Thanks for continuously making our system easier to use!

Regards,
Deborah

Did it give you an error message, or just not connect?  It could be that it's already paired with the other bluetooth and just needs to be disconnected so that it can pair with another device - just my guess.

#28 Deborah Borlase

Deborah Borlase

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 03:05 PM

Gorgeous new website, thank you to everyone for working on this!  I especially love how the new "My Team" page is working, with the names under each icon, letting me better see what's happening in the team, and so much more...you guys are GREAT!

I love listening to my Lifestream audios, but am wondering why after about 5 min, they suddenly stop, and I have to go back & from the audio menu, restart the CD, and then try & remember about where it left off, move the cursor to about where that was.  Is there some setting that's happening, or something else that's causing this?

Also, with the old site, the audio opened in a new window & I could move around my website while the audio was playing.  It seems now that the website is more uni-tasking instead of dupli-tasking.  I'm curious if this was to stabilize or streamline how the site worked, or some other reason for modifying this feature.  Will this be updated to allow LifeStream to open in a new window? 

Thanks again for everyone's hard work!

#29 Deborah Borlase

Deborah Borlase

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 03:14 PM

My bluetooth is paired with my phone, and even after just having a phone call using it with other normal phone applications, it just doesn't seem to "like" my Life applications (huh? - I LOVE my Life apps!), and I can't seem to get any of them to work with it.  I have worked around it by just plugging in wired earphones, but I would much prefer to use the bluetooth.  The original bluetooth I mentioned is a Jawbone, and I just switched over to an old model Motorola.  It doesn't seem like that would have anything to do with it, but I'm a non-techie, and not what might be behind what works vs doesn't.

The PC issue is continuing, even after my IT just replaced my PC memory (it started locking up this week, separate issue that we're trying to resolve).

(BTW, I missed seeing your response, and just reposted my question, so please ignore that one! :) )

Regards,

Deborah

#30 martin.spusta

martin.spusta

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 240 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 08:38 PM

Gorgeous new website, thank you to everyone for working on this!  I especially love how the new "My Team" page is working, with the names under each icon, letting me better see what's happening in the team, and so much more...you guys are GREAT!

I love listening to my Lifestream audios, but am wondering why after about 5 min, they suddenly stop, and I have to go back & from the audio menu, restart the CD, and then try & remember about where it left off, move the cursor to about where that was.  Is there some setting that's happening, or something else that's causing this?

Also, with the old site, the audio opened in a new window & I could move around my website while the audio was playing.  It seems now that the website is more uni-tasking instead of dupli-tasking.  I'm curious if this was to stabilize or streamline how the site worked, or some other reason for modifying this feature.  Will this be updated to allow LifeStream to open in a new window? 

Thanks again for everyone's hard work!

Deborah,

Thank you for the positive feedback. We are still fine tuning the site and the issues that you are reporting will be fixed shortly.

Have a great day,

Martin

#31 AJ & Emily Smith

AJ & Emily Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 07:41 AM

I am sure you are already working on this but, I was wonder if you were going to set up sort and or filter features for my audios on the life stream app. It would be nice to change the order from newest to oldest LT. Or filter by a specific speaker or something.

#32 martin.spusta

martin.spusta

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 240 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 08:05 AM

For sure... We are actively working on several projects. Life Stream will get updated look and feel sometime in December and we will continue to enhance it with user request like these.

Thank you for your input. Have a great day,

Martin

• Marc Page and spartan1 like this

#33 AJ & Emily Smith

AJ & Emily Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 12:21 PM

Suggestion if it is not already in the works.

When I select and audio to play or buy it pops up at the top of the screen. So, If I am clicking on an audio not at the top, I have to scroll back up to play or order it.
I was thinking it would be better if it just popped up whoever you are on the screen.

#34 jas4142

jas4142

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 November 2015 - 03:55 PM

Good afternoon,

What's the possibility of putting out some tutorials? For instance, myself and some of my team mates are having trouble with offline audios on Life Stream. For myself, I finally accomplished downloading 5 or 6, but when I tried to downloading another, they all disappeared and I can't download any more. I am using an android platform on an LG G4.

Thanks,

Jim Wilson

#35 martin.spusta

martin.spusta

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 240 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 05:26 PM

Jim,

We are in a process of finishing couple video tutorials that I am sure will answer some of your questions.

Have a great day.

Martin

#36 AJ & Emily Smith

AJ & Emily Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 06:25 PM

When you pause your audio while listening at 1.5x speed and then play again it still says it is 1.5x but it is actually back to playing at 1x. Not sure if you are aware of this issue.
Also, suggestion, if there is anyway for it to be set up to remember where you left off on an audio earlier that would be awesome. If not not a big deal.

#37 martin.spusta

martin.spusta

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 240 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 09:44 AM

Hello,

We agree. Both of your request are on our list and at works.

Stay tuned for more updates.

Martin

#38 keeters33

keeters33

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 11:03 PM

I am not able to listen to my audios at any speed other than normal speed. Is there something special I'm supposed to do to play it at 1.5x speed?

#39 martin.spusta

martin.spusta

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 240 posts

Posted 29 November 2015 - 09:45 PM

Hello,

There is a know issue with the 1.5x speed on Android devices. You should be able to listen to 1.5x speed on Apple or desktop devices.

We are exploring several options to allow 1.5x speed on Android. Stay tuned for more updates.

Martin

• Kristal Seid likes this

#40 Ammon Nelson

Ammon Nelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 11:15 AM

Hello,

There is a know issue with the 1.5x speed on Android devices. You should be able to listen to 1.5x speed on Apple or desktop devices.

We are exploring several options to allow 1.5x speed on Android. Stay tuned for more updates.

Martin

I love the digital products.  They are a lifesaver in helping me to change my thought processes.  A couple of inputs:

If the suggestion of resuming where you left off were something you could choose to opt in or not, that would be awesome - kind of like you can opt in to downloading the audio for offline listening.

Also, could we have the offline audios sorted other than the order in which they were downloaded, and searchable by speaker / subscription, that would be awesome as well.

Thank you guys for all you do.

#41 martin.spusta

martin.spusta

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 240 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 03:49 PM

Thank you for your input. We will put both of these suggestions on the list of enhancements for the next release.

Have a great day,

Martin

#42 Ammon Nelson

Ammon Nelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 12:51 PM

Thank you for your input. We will put both of these suggestions on the list of enhancements for the next release.

Have a great day,

Martin

Thank you Martin.  You and the development team are amazing.

#43 mbercier

mbercier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 11:52 AM

I am starting to love Life Stream, now that I have figured it out. I have a question about the playback speed though. If I'm logged in on my computer, and using Life Stream, I can have the playback speed set up to 1.5x speed. Is there an option for this on the Life Stream app? If not, is there any plan to have that added to the app while streaming and while playing the audio offline? 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: LIFE Stream, Ownership, Player Method

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users