Photo

How Do You Start Your Day?

Orrin Woodward Chris Brady Bill Lewis Claude Hamilton George Guzzardo Tim Marks How do you start your day?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ejbrodberg74

ejbrodberg74

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationWilliamston, Michigan USA

Posted 31 May 2015 - 12:52 PM

Hello LIFE friends... I'm not sure if this has been asked by anyone or if someone has already posted what they do, but I was wondering how some of the top leaders here start their day. For instance, how does Orrin, Chris, Tim, Claude, etc. start their day? I've found on Google what some successful people do before breakfast, and even in the first hour of the day, but I'm curious on what some or all of the LIFE Leadership top leaders do.

If there is a CD out there that I've missed that talks about this, can someone help me out and let me know what it is? I'd love to get it. There's nothing like learning from the best, and LIFE Leadership has the BEST! 

Thank you for any help you can give. God bless!!

~EJB

• SuprStiehl, Donna, Ammon Nelson and 3 others like this

Eric J. Brodberg

TeamCrusaders

ejbrodberg2010.wordpress.com

Twitter: @BrodberGEnterpr

Facebook: ejbrodberg

#2 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 11:34 PM

Hello LIFE friends... I'm not sure if this has been asked by anyone or if someone has already posted what they do, but I was wondering how some of the top leaders here start their day. For instance, how does Orrin, Chris, Tim, Claude, etc. start their day? I've found on Google what some successful people do before breakfast, and even in the first hour of the day, but I'm curious on what some or all of the LIFE Leadership top leaders do.

If there is a CD out there that I've missed that talks about this, can someone help me out and let me know what it is? I'd love to get it. There's nothing like learning from the best, and LIFE Leadership has the BEST!  

Thank you for any help you can give. God bless!!

~EJB

Eric:

Great question!

Routines are a bit difficult with an ever-changing schedule, but still, there is much power in the development of productive habits.  Therefore, I try and start my day in the following way:

1. shower almost immediately, it's the only way I really wake up

2. drink some healthy Mona Vie juice (I mix the red, green, and yellow and gulp about 8 to 10 ounces all at once while also taking vitamins)

3. head to my desk and read the Bible

4. ONLY NOW DO I CHECK MY PHONE, EMAIL, TEXTS, etc. etc.

5. I will spend a little time responding to the items from #4, but based upon priority, many of them will have to wait

6. then I review my priority list and begin attacking ONLY item #1, with my phone and all other distractions as limited as possible

Now sometimes none of this happens, but the above list is my ideal, and I would say it occurs more days than not.

My exercise, if I get it, comes usually in the afternoon, as does most of my meetings and appointments.  Since mornings are my peak creativity time, I protect them the best I can.

Hope that is useful!

CB

• Jim Steward, ejbrodberg74, SusanPetersonFL and 12 others like this

#3 ejbrodberg74

ejbrodberg74

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationWilliamston, Michigan USA

Posted 01 June 2015 - 10:27 PM

Eric:

Great question!

Routines are a bit difficult with an ever-changing schedule, but still, there is much power in the development of productive habits.  Therefore, I try and start my day in the following way:

1. shower almost immediately, it's the only way I really wake up

2. drink some healthy Mona Vie juice (I mix the red, green, and yellow and gulp about 8 to 10 ounces all at once while also taking vitamins)

3. head to my desk and read the Bible

4. ONLY NOW DO I CHECK MY PHONE, EMAIL, TEXTS, etc. etc.

5. I will spend a little time responding to the items from #4, but based upon priority, many of them will have to wait

6. then I review my priority list and begin attacking ONLY item #1, with my phone and all other distractions as limited as possible

Now sometimes none of this happens, but the above list is my ideal, and I would say it occurs more days than not.

My exercise, if I get it, comes usually in the afternoon, as does most of my meetings and appointments.  Since mornings are my peak creativity time, I protect them the best I can.

Hope that is useful!

CB

Wow, that is awesome Chris! This is very useful and helpful. Thank you for your kind and prompt response. I definitely am going to start prioritizing my mornings, as well as, my days in what needs to be done. The shower is a must for me also. It truly does wake me up! Then the Bible. No better way than to start your day off with the word of God. The rest I am going to fill in and put together.

Thanks again CB! I appreciate your input. :)

EJB 

• BlaineTrain likes this

Eric J. Brodberg

TeamCrusaders

ejbrodberg2010.wordpress.com

Twitter: @BrodberGEnterpr

Facebook: ejbrodberg

#4 mistydawn128

mistydawn128

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 10:13 PM

I'm a teacher so during the school year my routine often involves snooze buttons then rushing out the door with a smoothie or something to eat on the way.  

During the summer it's much better :)  Before I go to bed I think about questions I have, things I need to do, etc.  In the morning I wake up and read in bed, and jot down thoughts that I have about questions from the night before.  Around 9-10 my daughter will come cuddle with me.  She brings a book to read too :)  Then eventually we will get up and start the day.  I love getting to just read, think, spend time with my daughter, and not have to rush anywhere. 

• ejbrodberg74 likes this

#5 sgtmom1-Angel

sgtmom1-Angel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationFielding, Utah

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:36 PM

My husband Still has a J O B which is on call-you know his schedule better than I do, unless it is a reserve military duty period. Which we are going into a busy cycle, because it is a military command.

My day starts a little bit differently (somewhere between 7-10 am), I have the most energy in the afternoons. I wake read my Scriptures, after I listen with my oldest son to LDS General Conference talks, and then I combine my walk (Treadmill or outside) and prayer. (If you are familiar with Prayer Circles, I think that is the title. I have done this for a long time otherwise. Driving back and forth to work and then school with no radio, It was my quiet time to talk out loud to Heavenly Father.) Sometimes we need quiet to hear the still small voice. There are times I say my prayers in bed, when I know I have a long day of physical labor or travel ahead. But I do believe anytime I need to talk to Heavenly Father I can and I do asking for his inspiration in everything. I am truly grateful for the gift of prayer.  

After all that after breakfast I will hop on my treadmill, check email, google and Facebook for 30 minutes max. I do this because this is where I do some business contacts (for my other businesses) and follow up with others I am working with.

I do take time to read  (at least 15 mins-mostly before bed, in addition to scriptures) and listen mostly in the car (Rascal Radio) if I am on the go.

I do the three most important tasks that only I can do. I delegate to my younger kids those things they can do and check in with them after. Sometimes all my best plans are shot out of the water, there are times that my energy is lacking and I must rest. This came to light about 7 years ago, that I rest as needed or crash and cannot do anything with anyone including my husband and kids.

For me having a very flexible work schedule is great. Short intense work periods (Majors and seminars, etc.) with time to rest as needed. I do volunteer in the community and work there according to the same dynamics. Depending I do my best to be in the bed with lights out by 11 pm.

• ejbrodberg74 likes this

http://freedomlifeli...e.blogspot.com/

Listening to many, many Audios and Reading from several books at once, absorbing and integrating the information, Transforming myself into the woman I need to be to fulfill my mission and purpose which Heavenly Father put me me on earth to do.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Orrin Woodward, Chris Brady, Bill Lewis, Claude Hamilton, George Guzzardo, Tim Marks, How do you start your day?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users