17 replies to this topic

#1 BigDog

BigDog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:26 PM

I have found telling myself the right story to be the most effective way to keep me motivated and engaged in LIFE.  Nothing just happens, God uses the cords of men to do his will and we all have a unique thin cord that lead us to this community.  Here's mine...Share yours...

Larry and Marcie Van Buskirk were trying to build a business out of their home state of Michigan, and they arranged through friend's family member to show a prestigious former St. Louis Cardinal Player their business plan.  Upon arriving in St Louis they realized that their big fish prospect was out of town so they asked the family member who could they show in his place.  The Family member knew a lady that knew my brother in-law and called him to set up the plan.  My brother in law signed up over the phone, having seen nothing, and scheduled a house plan and I was on his list...Pretty thin huh?

• JoeTracy, gjohnson, sean.thomas and 4 others like this

AaaaaOoooo

#2 Claude

Claude

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:41 AM

Lana's parents were visiting for Christmas and we were invited over for Christmas dinner on Christmas eve. Little did we know that the guy inviting us was planning to prospect Lana's dad. He had no plans to show me but when everyone had a few drinks he pulled out a VHS prospecting video tape to show Lanas dad. Lanas dad wasn't interested but I remember being interested. We went home that nite and the next morning (Christmas morn) i started calling the guy and begging him to come show me. He did by the end of the day, and i signed up. Merry Christmas to me.

• Brandonperry, John Feldhouse, gjohnson and 6 others like this

#3 Tyrell Mentzer

Tyrell Mentzer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:56 AM

I thank God every day that my parents were the ones who initially got involved with the Team of Leaders way back in the day. With the tragedies I faced very early in life, I turned into an extremely pessimistic, angsty teenager. I inundated my brain with suicidal music lyrics, surrounded myself with depressing dead-beat of friends, and got caught up in a very destructive relationship. I was thoroughly convinced that my parents were stupid ( I would have used a more harsh word back then, but the moderators would most certainly not permit this post if I were to say what was on my mind then. :P ) and they got signed up in some weird, cultish pyramid scheme. A lot of books and cds have helped my attitude since then, but I saw everything wrong with everyone. I accused Orrin of being some huge con artist and I was the the one sane person in a crowd of tens of thousands of people. It took me two majors to finally just be "okay" with everyone. I got in for all the wrong reasons, wanting to manipulate people so I could make money off them. I remember approaching the first top 5 book I read, how to have power and confidence in dealing with people  by Les Giblin, and I thought "Sweet! I'm going to learn how to control people!" Haha.

I've come a long way since then. I became responsible for my life and my emotions and I choked down the harsh truth for a person with a very, deeply embedded victem's lens, I think first stated by Steven Covey, or requoted at least in Seven Habits of Highly Effective People: "Between stimulus and response, there lies choice." I was miserable because I chose to be.

It's my mission now to find the guy who was just like me, the guy who hated the world and who wanted to end it all, at times. I want to find that guy, and pull him out of the mire, just like Jesus Christ and the LIFE organization did for me.

• gjohnson, Kori Stacey, lishi and 2 others like this

"The scars you acquire while excercising courage will not make you feel inferior"

--Claude Hamilton

Team Courageous Transformers

WE TRANSFORM, WE WIN!!!

#4 John Feldhouse

John Feldhouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:52 PM

I was at a personal training facility looking for a trainer. I always knew the concept of "go where the fruit on the tree is" but I only applied it in the fitness F for some reason at that point in my life. 

So out of all the trainers, I saw this guy named Bryan and decided, "ok, he's ripped, that's what I want, let's see if his schedule works with mine." Sure enough, he was open and he started training me. I had great results and everything he told me to do worked. We had this amazing trust factor.

We started swapping info like Seth Godin and Dave Ramsey and he would give me some LIFE material. He finally convinced me to come to a seminar. That night Dan Hawkins and Orrin Woodward were speaking. I was in.

And life has changed for the better ever since.

• gjohnson and mistydawn128 like this

"Be curious, not judgmental."
              – Walt Whitman

#5 sean.thomas

sean.thomas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:49 PM

I gota a call on a monday night that my buddy fell into some guys that were running a leadership development in the St. Louis area and he thought I would be interested. He said he couldnt promise me anything but he wanted to show me the details. At the time, I didnt know he was reading from a script!! Lol He brought Raymond Abernathy to my house and the rest is history.
  • gjohnson, mistydawn128 and angelicad like this

#6 Nick

Nick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis, Missouri

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:23 PM

A dear co-worker and now great friend Danielle read my "sign" and had me to contact one of her friends (who is our awesome upline mentor and now great friend) Tommie Mathis & Raymond Abernathy. Before meeting, my wife and I sat in the car and started to think that perhaps it would be a waste of our time but my wife reasoned with "well we're already here babe..." And the rest is history. Great new outlook in life and the ladder we are on is the right one. Thanks Raymond and Tommie!
  • gjohnson and sean.thomas like this

D.R.E.A.M.

Nick

#7 Steve K

Steve K

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationWashington, MO

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:55 AM

Our dear friends the Bailey's were looking out for us... and their persistence (we were always too busy, didn't need anything else to do, etc.,) won the day; they got us to hold our spot. When we did finally take a look at what was going on, we had proof Team-Approach works! We were amazed & the more we looked at LIFE-Leadership, the more we listened, the more we associated with this great community... the more fired-up we became! We're learning how to do this right - the system works and that's what we want to do! This is the best shot you've got to live the life you always wanted!

• gjohnson and Nikki Ray like this

It's a great day to be in LIFE!

#8 Bob Franke

Bob Franke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationGrand Haven Michigan

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:08 PM

I was involved with the Team many years ago. Unfortunately I gave up on my dreams for a while and left the Team. Almost the whole time I was gone there was a hole in my soul a pit in my stomach knowing I would be working the same job for 25 + more years. When a long time friend called up and told me how Life has been growing since it's launch and wanted to share a few things with me I was open to the idea. My job actually squeezed me into joining as they were going to change my work schedule so drastically that it could have ripped my family with our 2 young kids apart. Fast forward many months and my family is becoming closer than ever , my work schedule is better than ever and I have grown tremendously since starting Life. This is the best business on the planet. The friendships I have made are priceless. What other business helps you grow in all areas of your life while giving you your time back ?  Life Is For Ever

#9 Chris Murphy

Chris Murphy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationRedford, MI

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:30 PM

Went to an open, Mentallo showed it - I had no interested. I was young and not a outgoing dressed up guy. Totally wanted to leave. Brother drove me, said lets watch this Orrin guy casue he is sweet, then we can go. I said ok. Orrin was fired up trying to sell the major.... and it fired me up. I went to Major and was done for. At the open Orrin said "If you want stuff in your life and have no way to get it, that is not a dream - its a wish. A fantasy" and it totally flipped my mind. It was so true.

• Matt Schoenherr likes this

#10 Matt Schoenherr

Matt Schoenherr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationLansing, Michigan

Posted 13 April 2014 - 10:02 PM

I went to a business networking meeting one fine Tuesday morning and during our 60-second introductions, one guy got up and said he had a way of getting your time back. That was when my antennae went up. We scheduled a breakfast meeting for the next week.

The next week, he showed up at the meeting but bailed on breakfast, instead choosing to hand me off to Jon Conroy. I was hungry so I raised an eyebrow and said sure.

Well, it turned out Jon and I were in similar boats; deep into the S-sector with zero time to spare. Jon however was further along on the LIFE path than I was and had fruit on the tree. He told me about his first meeting with Bill Lewis, about some of his up's and down's since, and about his numbers. Oh, and there was a money-back guarantee. Shoot. "What if?" right? I cut him a check and got in.

• ejbrodberg74 likes this

#11 Nikki Ray

Nikki Ray

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:47 PM

While working as an RN case manager, a client of mine began to share tidbits about some business. She even shared an income disclosure. I valued my friend and was hungry for real friendship, but quite frankly I was already successful and was too busy to "waste my time" on some scam deal.. So I thought. She came to my house 3 times, I stood her and another gal up the first 2 times. They even got stuck in the mud on my private drive/ dirt road one of the times I wasn't there. To their credit, they rescheduled. So I agreed to go to this "open". I'll never forget, I went there alone as a skeptic....to figure out what was wrong so I could tell my client/ friend I'm not interested.
I met Bill and Jackie Lewis at my first Open meeting I attended at a Holiday Inn in Battle Creek Michigan. I made sure to shake Bill's hand and look him in the eye and tell him MY name..... After all, I was important and successful too and wouldn't be letting some scammer pull the wool over my eyes.
But Bill and Jackie made such an impact. I remember hearing Bill say one of my favorite quotes "No one cares what you know until they know that you care" and Jackie saying "you may not be sure about this business, but take the information and do your due diligence. See what's possible for you".. I listened and learned because of her and Bill's influence. (I had no idea I would be on their team!..Haha God has a sense of humor)
I said yes, even though I still had no clue what I was in... Because "what if?"
God knew what he was doing.. He was both my "humbler and provider" because one month later, due to my poor choices and some unfortunate events, my life turned upside down. This community became priceless as it was my only support system.
That was 4 years ago. I was a single mom with 4 kids.. Life turned upside down because I became a single mom with 5 kids. It took a long time to climb out my mess.. I needed help in all of the 8 f's Which is still a work in progress. But without LIFE.. I would never have made it through that time. It took 4 years to become a power player. I hope to never be a "has been".. But to keep striving to be better. I love our leaders and the calibre of this organization. I'm ever so greatful for each of my team members along the way. I'm proud of what we as a TEAM have to offer...."Hope"
  • ejbrodberg74, lishi and GabbyJohnson like this

#12 lishi

lishi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Locationcortez, colorado

Posted 19 April 2014 - 10:48 PM

i was on vacation in columbus visiting family.  twelve hours after i arrived i was in an accident and was on a "LIFE"??? :) flight to grant medical center.  multiple injuries and a broken back kept me from returning home on my scheduled date and because of this delay i was invited and able to attend a house plan.... a house plan?? what's a house plan? :) a bit skeptic, at the same time a little intrigued, my daughter's excitement was contagious...so i said i "naturally" had to talk to my husband about it. the little bit of melancholy (wink) in me went home and started googling :)  still a little unsure and questioning myself if my concussed brain was able to make such a "huge" (hahahaha) decision, buddy and i decided "why not"?  still convalescing, i declined a mansfield seminar (i could now kick my own bum! for that), but when i was finally able to return home buddy and i went to our first seminar together and since have become LIFEers in the true sense of the word :)  i honestly believe that everything happens for a reason and that THAT accident and that LIFE flight WAS my ticket to the LIFE I've always wanted! :)  we are blessed! :)

“Average leaders raise the bar on themselves; good leaders raise the bar for others; great leaders inspire others to raise their own bar.” – Orrin Woodward

#13 GabbyJohnson

GabbyJohnson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids,MI

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:25 PM

When I first saw the plan- I saw hope and an alternative to the mundane 9-5 " just getting by life"but was so cynical and suspicious that I didn't allow myself to see the bigger picture. I was so guarded that I didn't see the hearts of the people, one of my best friends included, that showed me the plan. I didn't believe that people could be that genuinely good and was convinced that my friend was crazy. But after months of trying to get him to quit, telling him he was brainwashed, and posting spite filled half true lies online, I finally had to ask myself why I was getting so angry over something I, in reality, knew nothing about? Why was I shooting other people down who were just trying to better themselves and do something positive with their lives. After a series of events in my life and reluctantly attending my first seminar I realized that life leadership was not the terrible scam I thought it was and felt really embarrassed for the way I had acted. But you know what's amazing? No one made me feel guilty about anything- everyone just accepted me for who I was. I could not ask for a better team to be on.
And, hey, though i didn't start out fast and I am still working on all the 8 fs, I am excited to be starting my second team pretty soon!

#14 Daniel S DeRoch

Daniel S DeRoch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationTaylor, MI

Posted 27 June 2014 - 05:25 PM

I went to a family wedding, while there was talking to family members about my work and how i was setting up to do a speech in front of 200 people for the first time. How I was real nervous. My Aunt gave me a set of CD's on public speaking. I used many of the tips in the writing of my speech and the building of the presentation. Though i did not follow through with the speaking using an outline and did my backup plan and just read the speech. It was a great success. After thanking them for the material, I was invited to meet with them where they talked to me about joining. I am on my second day now looking into as much as I can about this opportunity. 

I am in a great paying job with an awesome company so no plans on leaving. I would like to get this information out there for others to use as I did. 

Daniel Scott DeRoch

Taylor, MI area

(734)578-6724

#15 ejbrodberg74

ejbrodberg74

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationWilliamston, Michigan USA

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:28 PM

I went to a family wedding, while there was talking to family members about my work and how i was setting up to do a speech in front of 200 people for the first time. How I was real nervous. My Aunt gave me a set of CD's on public speaking. I used many of the tips in the writing of my speech and the building of the presentation. Though i did not follow through with the speaking using an outline and did my backup plan and just read the speech. It was a great success. After thanking them for the material, I was invited to meet with them where they talked to me about joining. I am on my second day now looking into as much as I can about this opportunity. 

I am in a great paying job with an awesome company so no plans on leaving. I would like to get this information out there for others to use as I did. 

Welcome to LIFE Leadership Daniel! Our CEO/Co-Founder Chris Brady puts it as, "it's your best shot of living the LIFE you've always wanted". I agree with him on that one. :)

Eric J. Brodberg

TeamCrusaders

ejbrodberg2010.wordpress.com

Twitter: @BrodberGEnterpr

Facebook: ejbrodberg

#16 mistydawn128

mistydawn128

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:41 PM

My dad tricked me into it! He likes to do random "family meetings" and we'd all just roll our eyes and show up. Usually something the phone would have worked for. Like once he wanted to tell us all that he was thinking about applying for a job in Hawaii. It didn't even cross my ind that it might be for a business because he had tried out TONS of mlm type businesses before and I thought that was out of his system now. A few days before the meeting he told us all to bring a friend. Then i knew it was ANOTHER business. The meeting was at my house though, so I couldn't get out of it. The person doing the house plan was someone that always told my dad no with everything else though, so that got my attention enough to sort of listen. Then I read the book in the first night pack and liked the idea for the material. Figurd I might as well hold my spot if I was going to buy books and at least get a percentage back. Six months later I decided I wanted to be home with my daughter instead of teaching so then started building my business!
  • ejbrodberg74 and Ammon Nelson like this

#17 Michael Leahy

Michael Leahy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationMarysville California

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:35 PM

My first exposure was perhaps the single most monumental moment of my life.
Coming from a background of "starting" several things in business over the years, with "other companies" - I knew in my heart that they could work yet each time I found it was the lack of integrity and personal conduct of those involved, of course I was so sensitive to that mainly due to I identify my own weaknesses in others more easily. I had been in a company called "TEAM" in 1999.  To think of that I just shake my head and thin wow, we certainly dont know what we dont know.

The Mrs had scheduled a meeting at our house with her sister and my brother in law, however no one else showed up and I ignored it also, untill she said "they will be here today" I threw a King sized Baby fit. Got all cloereicfied and said NO they arent. Im not joining another thing.... I acually drew a line on the ground - Im not crossing it. She said the smartest thing, she said I want something different and so do you. You call them and cancell then, of course I was cornered.
I went into my office and started doing the howework thing, I found a bunch of anto negative reasons and then I stumbled accross a non biased accessment done online. It was from a known network profesional, I recognized the names Orrin and Chris Brady.
I called mrs, and we looked at the reviue. 
10 minutes later there was someone at the door.
In walked my sister and brother in law, yet with them was these other people, and more people huh?
I was totaly a ingracious host hostile at best. They brought in a flipchart, ohh great not that crap I said..
This guy walks in smiling and being friendly and I saw something in his eyes.
After flipping him off 3 times and using some F bombs I listened.
He shared breifly - I said. Ok lets do this.
How I met Chris Mattis was certainly not flattering to him but while he was explaining what this was I remembered, Mike you prayed for something different and here it is.
Ohh we started and got major tickets that night.
Today I thank All who where in my living room,  wich is sort of funny as they are all leaders now.
My brother in law appoliguised to CHris all the way home, it must have been interesting..
Gotta Love when God answers the prayers in such a way.

When it's time, you will know.
But we Must be responsibe enough to actually see the solution GOd sends us.

#18 kjellis

kjellis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:59 PM

I had just started dating my girlfriend at the time, now wife, and was getting annoyed that her father was always at home when I was always over (I never had time with just her). She had told me that he had retired from working at a large corporation a few years back and told me he had some money saved up but had a couple other forms of income coming in as well. That truly rattled me cause I wanted to be at home all the time time but wasn't able to cause I didn't have investments or constant money flowing in. So I asked her several times what he did now and she would not answer me. More just kept ignoring the question, which I know now was best! So I eventually asked John, my now father-in-law what he did?! He told me to come out to this meeting on a Saturday about 30 min from my house. I went to this event and heard from Claude Hamilton and Wayne MacNamara. That was my first ever experience with Life Leadership and the rest is history. Now my wife and I are working at both be financially free before the ages of 23!
  • Ammon Nelson likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Inspiration

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users