3 replies to this topic

#1 camillesmith1

camillesmith1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:20 PM

POPULAR

I understand that only members who have attained Leader 3 status or higher may operate their business as an LLC. I have a fantastic prospect who would like to run his business through an LLC. Can anyone enlighten me as to why we can't start out operating as an LLC? Thanks. Jeff
  • prelveprobe, everettpe3, DonaldfuRn and 264 others like this

#2 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 04:03 PM

I understand that only members who have attained Leader 3 status or higher may operate their business as an LLC. I have a fantastic prospect who would like to run his business through an LLC. Can anyone enlighten me as to why we can't start out operating as an LLC? Thanks. Jeff

There are many reasons for this restriction, but chief among them is the amount of shenanigans people perpetrate using LLCs to sign up under aged minors, sign themselves up in another spot in the business, sign someone up who is in a conflict of interest situation with another entity, etc. etc.

In other words, it becomes an instrument used by people to try and violate, without detection, our Policies and Procedures.  

For this reason we limit LLC ownership of Life Leadership Memberships until someone has proven themselves as a leader and has built a substantial business.

There will be no exceptions made on this.

thx

CB

• sscolvin, ejbrodberg74, James Kozak and 11 others like this

#3 Robby Palmer

Robby Palmer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah USA

Posted 27 April 2016 - 10:37 PM

Hey Chris,

I have been working with a group of people that are over the top concerned about operating in their personal names.  I really can't figure out why.  Very interesting and intriguing to say the least. I understand why Life Leadership has its policy, and I get it. I am curious if from your experience, you have any suggestions as to how to overcome their concern?

1. A lot of them are working through their non-profit channel, and are very intent on building it this way. 

2. They seem to have a trust issue with even giving their SSN, for fear that a 10-99 might be assigned to them specifically, and could cause some "major issues" 

As I have tried to discuss this with them, It is a very sensitive subject. Do you have any tips?

• Burtonlof and Addiequeef like this

#4 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 08:45 AM

Hey Chris,

I have been working with a group of people that are over the top concerned about operating in their personal names.  I really can't figure out why.  Very interesting and intriguing to say the least. I understand why Life Leadership has its policy, and I get it. I am curious if from your experience, you have any suggestions as to how to overcome their concern?

1. A lot of them are working through their non-profit channel, and are very intent on building it this way. 

2. They seem to have a trust issue with even giving their SSN, for fear that a 10-99 might be assigned to them specifically, and could cause some "major issues" 

As I have tried to discuss this with them, It is a very sensitive subject. Do you have any tips?

We don't offer any way to be involved as a Life Member other than registering as an individual/couple and using the appropriate SS numbers.  There are a lot of regulations around this, and we also have reasons for not allowing new members to sign up under corporate names.  

So I am afraid there isn't anything we can do in this case.

CB

• japednah, aapednah, mapednah and 14 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users