19 replies to this topic

#1 John Feldhouse

John Feldhouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:28 AM

So I was thinking about how amazingly fired up I get after each Life LIVE Seminar and came to the conclusion that perhaps one way we could grow the community to 1 million faster would be to host the events at 12 noon. Keep the exact same schedule, but get a lunch break instead of a dinner break. Then, you're done around 6 pm (in fact, you could actually have the ticket holder meeting run a little over if there are lots of good nuggets being discussed) - the perfect time to call people, hit the ground running and use that adrenaline to build the business. It would also allow for easier promotion, "you can come midday, and still have your evening free." But we all know after the seminar they'd be on cloud 9 and want to run with you! 

It's just a PDCA process I was thinking about while rereading Resolved last night. Do you have any thoughts on this theory? I have no idea if this was ever tried in the past or not but would love to see the idea entertained!

• mistydawn128, Jeremy Pottberg, uokpnonzdm and 1 other like this

"Be curious, not judgmental."
              – Walt Whitman

#2 Claude

Claude

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:43 PM

I have tried this in the past with seminars and most families with younger children or any age really would rather have the day together and have the seminar at nite. Most things for kids are during the day. Also many more people work Saturday rather then Saturday evening. also for speakers flying in, it allows them to fly in earlier in the day rather then have to fly in a day early on Friday. There are other reasons but those are a few off the top of my head. thanks for the suggestion tho!

• Steve K, mistydawn128, Jeremy Pottberg and 2 others like this

#3 James Kozak

James Kozak

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:01 AM

you have to think with all the people traveling, i usually go 2 1.2 hours or so to go to one. and madison wi is far too. i dont want to leave like 6 am to go to madison wi seminar 

#4 Turhan.berne

Turhan.berne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:23 PM

Like mentioned already, the 5 p.m. time slot leaves an individual the entire day to do whatever.  On the day of the Saturday Seminar, I cannot think of a better evening activity.  It's only one Saturday per month and that one Saturday never comes quickly enough for me. I have been part of LIFE since 11/1/11, and the friendships I have developed with my LIFE partners are some of the best ever.  Hence, the Seminar on Saturday is a great evening activity to spend learning, associating with new business partners, and my lifelong LIFE friends!!

#5 Neal Ruffner

Neal Ruffner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationGrand Blanc, MI

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:55 AM

Great discussion. I think 5pm is too much part of our culture to be changed. I can see some of the benefits to a noon seminar, but I think the 5pm time slot outweighs in benefits to many families. 

• ValerieLorna likes this

Neal Ruffner

Liberators

LT-IT

#6 Aaron Knelsen

Aaron Knelsen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:45 AM

We have four kids and getting everything done like bathing the kids, writing thank you/congratulation cards, going to venue to help setup, & last minute enrollments is hard by 2-3 when we leave. Might not sound like much but its always a busy day for us. 5pm is ok with me but i like the PDCA thinking! 

#7 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:45 AM

Would you guys believe that years and years ago seminars began at 1:00 pm and went until 10:00 pm!!!  There was a huge dinner break in there (I think two hours or more), but it was a marathon session.

We moved it to 5:00pm probably twelve years ago in an attempt to be more accommodating to people's schedules, provide more travel time, and just generally pack more value into less of a time commitment.  It has worked well, in fact, very well all these years.

Anyway, just thought some of you might appreciate that little history lesson as to how we got the schedule we have.

It may not seem like it, but there is quite a bit of thinking that goes into every little thing we do.

HOWEVER: keep the suggestions and constructive thinking coming!  We are always open to new ideas!!!!

CB

• Steve K, Brenda Hatcher, tammy.yousif and 10 others like this

#8 tjschneider

tjschneider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:01 PM

I must start out by saying how intimidating this feels writing a thought about this topic considering how much brain power has gone into the Life Live events... Not sure how much smoother the Life Training talk will become sense Chris said that every thing is going to be more simplified and systematized so this might be a mute point....  

We have seen time and time again that the LIFE talk is a great table setter, but the Life Training talk gets lost sometimes on the new person, especially if the wife doesn't speak during the LIFE talk, almost like who is this person (besides the bio description who are they?),  What would it be like if we had the story talk follow the LIFE talk?  

Thought being, we have the best collection of relate-able speakers on planet earth.  Those that are seeing LIFE LIVE  for the first time could relate on more of an emotional level to the speaker and their circumstances first before learning more about the "how to".

{In DNA Of Relationships, the author says about making an emotional connection - "when people feel understood emotionally, they feel cared for..." also "when people don't feel understood and cared for, they may agree to some decision, but they wont get on board with it. Relationally it doesn't feel to them like a satisfying or effective solution"}  

Thus leading those who are new to take the LIFE Training talk with more intent (or at least with more of a willingness to understand) and spur the new person into taking a more significant step towards their dream.  Another part being those who leave at break leave with a can do it taste in their mouth and those left after dinner break are your real community that will take LIFE to one million....

I also get the fact that no one remembers what you say, they only remember how you made them feel so I get having the Story talk last as well.... Just wanted to know reasoning behind the Life Live flow...

By the way who ever came up with the interview as the ticket holder was amazing!! what a way to really extend the tribal leadership that Oliver Demille speaks of, it makes it so unique to each location's area.   

Thank you LIFE Leadership for all you do....

• Adam & Teesa Rossman, John Feldhouse, mistydawn128 and 1 other like this

#9 Michele Hogg

Michele Hogg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:40 AM

I really enjoy doing the evening seminars as well...and like Claude said...it leaves us time to spend time with our kids.....and if we were to do noon back east....that would make it a morning seminar for those of us in the west....and for people who travel to a seminar location...that would mean leaving their family earlier in the morning...

#10 John Feldhouse

John Feldhouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:55 AM

I love being able to ask questions in an open forum situation and not feel like I'm asking a silly question or will be scolded. It's refreshing to have engaging conversation on how we can always improve. It reminds me much of the McDonalds systems, go figure.  ;)

Thanks Claude and Chris for your comments along with the others. I love TJ's suggestion to maybe try the story portion right after the LIFE talk. We all know there's always a reason for doing what we do but it would be an interesting emotional connection right off the bat. I think one reason we do the story portion after dinner is people can get sleepy right after a meal so they won't pay as close attention but I've found every speaker extremely engaging, typically the story portion fires me up the most!

And Chris - thanks for the small history lesson. It's always fun to learn the history to make the future better. And don't forget to smile at the cameras this major!  :D

"Be curious, not judgmental."
              – Walt Whitman

#11 lishi

lishi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Locationcortez, colorado

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:28 PM

more and more, day by day, i love the forum :)  great friends who share ideas, stories, and help to educate are phenomenal :)

we are so jazzed and fired up about seminar... i truthfully believe that if seminar were at midnite we'd be there with bells on :)  we happily travel a minimum of 4-1/2 hours to seminar, so for us... whether we travel in the early morning dark or travel home late night/early morning .. it's all GREAT!  getting there is awesome quality time with my husband, great CDS and a book!

hugs! :)

• DWRascalROKofKaizen likes this

“Average leaders raise the bar on themselves; good leaders raise the bar for others; great leaders inspire others to raise their own bar.” – Orrin Woodward

#12 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:55 PM

I love being able to ask questions in an open forum situation and not feel like I'm asking a silly question or will be scolded. It's refreshing to have engaging conversation on how we can always improve. It reminds me much of the McDonalds systems, go figure.  ;)

Thanks Claude and Chris for your comments along with the others. I love TJ's suggestion to maybe try the story portion right after the LIFE talk. We all know there's always a reason for doing what we do but it would be an interesting emotional connection right off the bat. I think one reason we do the story portion after dinner is people can get sleepy right after a meal so they won't pay as close attention but I've found every speaker extremely engaging, typically the story portion fires me up the most!

And Chris - thanks for the small history lesson. It's always fun to learn the history to make the future better. And don't forget to smile at the cameras this major!  :D

The reason for the story in the second half is part history (networks have done it that way for forty years, so that's a fence post you don't remove without DEEP investigation into why it was put there), AND the fact that new people don't care about your story until you've satisfied them with some particulars.  In other words, even though we all know you learn more from a story than mere expository teaching, the new person doesn't really know that.  AND some speakers are better than others at helping the audience understand the relevance of their story.  Put these two together, and you could be in a situation where a new person gets frustrated because he or she has been sitting there for hours and "hasn't been taught anything yet."

Again, it has been this way a long time, and we have to be really sure why it has worked so well that way before we change it.

CB

• Brenda Hatcher, JuleenRay and mistydawn128 like this

#13 Dave & Kim Bartlett

Dave & Kim Bartlett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationMontgomery, IL

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:20 PM

is there any info on when seminars might return to the Chicago area?

#14 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:10 AM

is there any info on when seminars might return to the Chicago area?

It's all based on numbers and when a leader steps up and decides to host one.  It should be soon!

CB

• John Feldhouse and RyanCalovich like this

#15 Nick

Nick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis, Missouri

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:59 PM

Time to get Chicago Fired Up... (runs out the door *tires screeching*)

• JuleenRay and mike+jodymagara like this

D.R.E.A.M.

Nick

#16 Steve K

Steve K

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationWashington, MO

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:41 AM

You just have to love these forums... input, with quick & excellent feedback! Wow, that's different than any other type of business I know! It's a great day to be in LIFE!

It's a great day to be in LIFE!

#17 Miriam Schilling

Miriam Schilling

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 03:54 PM

This isn't strictly a seminar related suggestion, but I think it would be wonderful to at some point have an app for the LIFE events calendar. That way we could check it on the fly instead of having to log in etc. Not that it is a big deal, but it would be one more thing to make things simple for the field!

#18 Chris Brady

Chris Brady

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 838 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:43 AM

This isn't strictly a seminar related suggestion, but I think it would be wonderful to at some point have an app for the LIFE events calendar. That way we could check it on the fly instead of having to log in etc. Not that it is a big deal, but it would be one more thing to make things simple for the field!

That is actually on our list!

We are ramping up our IT resources, and nice ideas like this will finally be able to be implemented.

Look forward to increasing ability in this area over the next year.

CB

• sscolvin, Nick, Marc Page and 2 others like this

#19 Marc Page

Marc Page

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationPflugerville, TX

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:04 PM

That is actually on our list!

We are ramping up our IT resources, and nice ideas like this will finally be able to be implemented.

Look forward to increasing ability in this area over the next year.

CB

It would be really cool if that app could comb through your addressbook and let you know where the closest seminar/open is various people. I spend a good amount of time on Google Maps trying to figure out which open is closest to people I know there.

🌴💍✏️📱📀📅 ♻️👥 📖💿👨‍👩‍👧‍👦 💵

#20 Chris Cross

Chris Cross

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationKerrville Texas

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:36 PM

actually i would support the idea of having a seminar day with morning and evening events so that it could work with all schedules. that way of one started at 10 in the morning and had a lunch break and the other was at 5 in the evening people could have the freedom of making either ( or perhaps both an no extra charge) could even have an open or advanced invite only training in the middle. 

just my 2c

Chris 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: marketing system, life live, seminar, suggestion, teams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users